• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Question about Skype

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
Joined
Jan 11, 2008
Messages
9,651 (2.64/day)
Likes
3,435
Processor I7-7700K
Motherboard Asus Z270 Maximus IX Code
Cooling Custom water plus another cooler
Memory Corsair Vengeance LED Red 4x8GB 32GB 3200MHz kit
Video Card(s) 2 x MSI RX Vega 56 and a single MSI RX Vega 64 in test rig
Storage 960 EVO/960 Pro M.2 nvme 250/1TB, Samsumg 850 evo 256/ WD 1TB blue
Display(s) Nexius 32" freesync 2 HDR
Case Corsair Obsidion 650D/ cardboard box
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 1300W
Mouse Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard G15
Software Windows 10 Home
#1
Here's the story and a question!

Ok the short of it, I got my wired land line disconnected. Both the wife and I just use cell phones sense basically it's the same price as having a land line.

We have a pair of Samsung's Galaxy S3's and our cell provider really don't offer good deals on a rate plan to call Australia. I have a 5GB 4g data plan, she has the 1gb data plan and it's a combined share of 6gb's

Skype! We want, well she want's to have a Skype number so she can use it like a land line having her own Skype number to ring her mum at home.

What plan and options is there for her to be on a wi-fi network 90% of the time and the other 10% on the 4G network to be able to ring her mum and her mum to call her?

Thanks
 

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
Joined
Jan 11, 2008
Messages
9,651 (2.64/day)
Likes
3,435
Processor I7-7700K
Motherboard Asus Z270 Maximus IX Code
Cooling Custom water plus another cooler
Memory Corsair Vengeance LED Red 4x8GB 32GB 3200MHz kit
Video Card(s) 2 x MSI RX Vega 56 and a single MSI RX Vega 64 in test rig
Storage 960 EVO/960 Pro M.2 nvme 250/1TB, Samsumg 850 evo 256/ WD 1TB blue
Display(s) Nexius 32" freesync 2 HDR
Case Corsair Obsidion 650D/ cardboard box
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 1300W
Mouse Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard G15
Software Windows 10 Home
#2
Ttt
 

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
Joined
Oct 13, 2008
Messages
21,073 (6.22/day)
Likes
10,191
Location
IA, USA
System Name BY-2015
Processor Intel Core i7-6700K (4 x 4.00 GHz) w/ HT and Turbo on
Motherboard MSI Z170A GAMING M7
Cooling Scythe Kotetsu
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-2133 8 GiB
Video Card(s) PowerColor PCS+ 390 8 GiB DVI + HDMI
Storage Crucial MX300 275 GB, Seagate 6 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" LCD (1920x1200 HDMI) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW 19" LCD (1440x900 DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek Onboard, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei RAW
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
#3

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
14,908 (3.43/day)
Likes
5,425
System Name A dancer in your disco of fire
Processor i3 4130 3.4Ghz
Motherboard MSI B85M-E45
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Memory 4 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1400Mhz
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 760 DCU2OC 2GB
Storage Crucial BX100 120GB | WD Blue 1TB x 2
Display(s) BenQ GL2450HT
Case AeroCool DS Cube White
Power Supply Cooler Master G550M
Mouse Intellimouse Explorer 3.0
Keyboard Dell SK-3205
Software Windows 10 Pro
#4
It's supposed to be 24 hours, not 4 hours. :p

Anyway, are you talking skype to skype or skype to landline? Either way IP phoning (at least here) is NOT included in the data traffic. You have to pay extra for that. Make sure you look that up.