• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Question for all TPU gamers!

System Name Grandpa
Processor i5 4690K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK
Cooling water
Memory 8GB Corsair Vengence 2400MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 5850 x2
Storage Samsung SM951
Display(s) Catleap 27"
Case coolermaster stacker
Power Supply corsair AX860i
Mouse logitech g5 original
Keyboard Ducky
Software Windows 8.1
System Name If you name your systems, get a boy/girlfriend...
Processor i7 4770k
Motherboard Asus Maximus VI Formula
Cooling Custom waterloop around Black Ice GTX 360
Memory 16GB DDR3
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 FE
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 1TB
Case HAF 932
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Software Windows 10 x64
Processor Intel Core i5-3570K
Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V Pro
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 670
Storage Intel 520 60GB, Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB
Display(s) BenQ 24" XL2420T
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Power Supply Corsair AX650
Mouse steelseries Sensei MLG edition
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Pro
Software Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium
I don't have a problem with developers being influenced by James Cameron but don't take scenes from his films. developers need to look at novels not films.

Kirby's Epic Yarn and A Boy and his Blob have such impressive and charming art styles I want to see developers be more creative.

games that tell you what to do and give you a map or radar is great, but is it necessary to have a feature that literally draws you a path to your objective in game?

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
games that tell you what to do and give you a map or radar is great, but is it necessary to have a feature that literally draws you a path to your objective in game?

in some games, yes.

but i prefer it to lead you in the right direction, as opposed to a literal step by step guide (then again, the step by steps tend to make you miss all the secrets, lead you into traps, etc)

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case Corsair 550D
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser HD600, Audeze LCD-3F, Mytek Stereo 192 DSD, La Figaro 339, Burson HA-160, Geek Pulse X
Dead Space has the line, Killzone has the arrow, Fable has the bread crumb trail. remember Resident Evil when you would start the game with nothing but a pistol and terrible camera angle?

story telling, art and challenge is what I would like to see.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Dead Space has the line, Killzone has the arrow, Fable has the bread crumb trail. remember Resident Evil when you would start the game with nothing but a pistol and terrible camera angle?

story telling, art and challenge is what I would like to see.

yeah but dead spaces line only works when you arent moving or shooting (and often did cause bad camera angles, lol) so while it could be used to say "go that direction" it wasnt possible to see your path for more than say, 20 seconds ahead of you.

it also never took you to any secrets or helped you out in combat (and in most large fights, it turned off completely)

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case Corsair 550D
Forza 3 has a feature that allows you to rewind time similar to Prince of Persia. when you crash a car you can simply rewind time. the problem is you start to rely on it more and more until it becomes a crutch and the challenge is gone.

how many times did you use the objective finder in Dead Space 2?

System Name ODIN
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX V2
Cooling Dark Rock 4
Memory G Skill RipjawsV F4 3600 Mhz C16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ventus 3X OC LHR
Storage Crucial 2 TB M.2 SSD :: WD Blue M.2 1TB SSD :: 1 TB WD Black VelociRaptor
Display(s) Dell S2716DG 27" 144 Hz G-SYNC
Case Fractal Meshify C
Audio Device(s) Onboard Audio
Power Supply Antec HCP 850 80+ Gold
Mouse Corsair M65
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB Lux
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores I don't benchmark.
yeah but dead spaces line only works when you arent moving or shooting (and often did cause bad camera angles, lol) so while it could be used to say "go that direction" it wasnt possible to see your path for more than say, 20 seconds ahead of you.

it also never took you to any secrets or helped you out in combat (and in most large fights, it turned off completely)

Caused bad camer angles? There was only 1 camera angle in that game, 2 feet to the right of your head. The camera was fixed to move with your character's head. Secrets in that game was just locked doors that were clearly market on your path. And I am not sure how a line could help in combat eve? :confused: It did help me run away from the Hunter twice.

Here is my issue with that game in particular. You are on a ship that you have never been aboard....ever. The ship itself has been through several violent cosmetic changes, destroyed sections, corridors blocked, seconds exposed to space. Lets assume the line is generated as a link to the ship's computer, that makes sense as we have a girl in the computer core helping you. How would the ship know to navigate around all the damage? How would even know where the hell I am trying to go?

And while it only lasted for a few seconds, you could hit the path button as much as you wanted. That little feature made the map completely useless. Why stop to look at my awesome, 3-D map, when I can hit a button that says "follow the yellow brick road".

System Name Eldritch
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF X570 Pro Wifi
Cooling Satan's butthole after going to Taco Bell
Memory 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 6*8TB Western Digital Blues in RAID 6, 2*512 GB Samsung 960 Pros
Display(s) Acer CB281HK
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro PH-ES614P_BK
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar DX
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750 G2
Mouse Razer Viper 8K
Software Debian Bullseye
So we're all agreed that the dumbing down of games sucks and that it's caused by console gamers?

Anywho, I would like to see side-quests/things to do be more developed. Take the arena in Oblivion for instance: You fight a couple of battles, kill the champion, and what do you get? A pain in the ass that the Gods have blessed with the power of never not being a pain in the ass, and you can fight monsters (I think, I never did go back there). Nobody ever challenges you now that you're the champion, it's just "fight this ugly thing" and "fight this uglier thing". What happened? Did everybody lose interest in fighting in the arena now that you, the player, have beat it?

That's another issue, treating the player special. How many games are there where there's somebody else doing quests and stuff too? I want a game where I'm a henchman to somebody that's going around doing this crap.

JC316

Knows what makes you tick
System Name Budget Gaming
Processor AMD FX6300
Motherboard Gigabyte 880GMA-USB3
Cooling Coolermaster Hyper 212+
Memory 8GB Ripjaws DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) HD7850 1GB
Storage 1TB Sata2
Display(s) Acer 24" LED
Case Generic black
Audio Device(s) Stock onboard
Power Supply FSP Aurum Gold 650W
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
So we're all agreed that the dumbing down of games sucks and that it's caused by console gamers?

Anywho, I would like to see side-quests/things to do be more developed. Take the arena in Oblivion for instance: You fight a couple of battles, kill the champion, and what do you get? A pain in the ass that the Gods have blessed with the power of never not being a pain in the ass, and you can fight monsters (I think, I never did go back there). Nobody ever challenges you now that you're the champion, it's just "fight this ugly thing" and "fight this uglier thing". What happened? Did everybody lose interest in fighting in the arena now that you, the player, have beat it?

That's another issue, treating the player special. How many games are there where there's somebody else doing quests and stuff too? I want a game where I'm a henchman to somebody that's going around doing this crap.

Just because the feature is there, doesn't mean that you have to use it. I am playing the first one right now and I refrain from using it as much as possible, but I did get completely stuck once and used it. When playing Bioshock, the arrow is off, same with Oblivion.

System Name Eldritch
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF X570 Pro Wifi
Cooling Satan's butthole after going to Taco Bell
Memory 64 GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 6*8TB Western Digital Blues in RAID 6, 2*512 GB Samsung 960 Pros
Display(s) Acer CB281HK
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro PH-ES614P_BK
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar DX
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 750 G2
Mouse Razer Viper 8K
Software Debian Bullseye
I think you quoted the wrong guy.

System Name Cool Runnings Mark 2
Processor i7 4770k No OC
Motherboard MSI Z87 MPower
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory GSkill TridentX 2400MHz 32GB
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1070 Ti Duke, EVGA GTX 780 AC+
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB SSD, 3 more HDDs
Display(s) 2x MSI 32" 2560 x 1440 144Hz Optix MAG321CQR, Acer G276HLDbd Black 27" 6ms
Case Corsair 600t
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razer DeathAdder
Keyboard Steelseries Merc Stealth
Software Win10 Pro 64-bit
my current impending migraine, my lack of current attention span, and my hunger for food has determined that im not reading all 4 pages of this. i did however read the first page. if i say things that have already been said, sorry!

these thoughts may or may not apply to 1 or more, or all, genres of pc games.

1) longer single player campaigns
2) more in-depth story's. i want to get emotional involved with the characters i play
3) open ended games are nice, but i do need some type of structure. IE i LOVED gothic 1 and 2, but could never get into Gothic 3. i tried 3 times. it was just too open
4) Co-Op. i. love. co-op. its fun
4) realistic physics in the combat sytems. if im playing an rpg, and shoot an arrow in a guys head, that guy better die. if im playing an fps, i want to see bullet-drop and windage. if i hack a guy to pieces, i want to see body parts. ditto if i blow a guy up.
5) mature story telling. a la the witcher and dao. i mean this 2 ways. first, lets get away from this storytelling with kids in mind. what i mean is that violent and bad things happen in life. if we want games to reflect real life more, then this neds to be put into games. second, sex, relationships, and drama area part of life. lets make them part of games, in a more mature way. if this requires a feature to prove our age, so be it. there are a lot of game kids play that i dont think they should be playing.
6) more inventory choices. in a fps i want to be able to use every weapon or peice of equipment that i would realistically find on the battlefield that the involved forces are using. ditto for rpg equipment

thats all i could think of atm.

PS - i do like zombies.

Less baby stepping people through games. There should be a steady rise in challenge in games so its easier at the beginning and harder as the game progresses.

I also would like enemies should die in a consistent manner to many times ive headshot or plugged an enemy with a full round and they still run around like it was a scratch. Shoot someone in the leg and they die instantly!? Instead of higher difficulty just being lower life enemies increased life they should be smarter as the difficulty increases or something else to mix it up.

There are some decent single player games like the witcher 2 coming out so more of that instead of here is a 6 hour game and you will have to pay for the online maps because we gave you like 3 decent maps with the game.

EDIT: Yeah i agree more co-op online and possibly offline now that they have multi monitor/tv setups. Infact more use of multi screen setups like how supreme commander uses the second screen as a map!

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
1. 40 hour minimum single player campaign, longer if it's an open world.

2. More realistic endings with game choice specifics(you just single handedly saved the universe by destroying the unstoppable thing that was devastating everything in its path, now go get your super beautiful, smart, combat capable girl and ride off into the sunset)

I'm not saying there shouldn't be happy endings, just that the happy ending should be somewhat reasonable. I just finished Mass effect 2

*Spoler Alert*

by taking down a human reaper with a sniper rifle.... a sniper rifle!

*end Spoiler alert*

I want my character to actually be capable of doing what the storyline has them do that way they don't have to do wierd crap to me to make sure the the expansion doesn't seem like a god running around swatting flies. Let's face it not eveyrone can be superman.

3. Game choice specific everything. I don't want to be playing and then have a cutscene decide what happens. I want to play it out. Give me options that don't always lead to the same result. NWN2 get found guilty, trial by combat, prove your innocense, still trial by combat? wtf?

Have different outcomes prepared and lighten up on the damned cutscenes. It's a game not a movie! In an rpg have npc's react differently to good and evil characters. Have npc's react differently to different races/classes also. In fps have your commander react differently depending on how you've behaved in game thus far. In a strategy game have your enemies learn and react to your style of combat.

make it to where I can play a game a dozen times and still not see the same outcome.

4. maps seriously enough with the straight lines. I remember with Counter strike where we'd get bored after 2 times playing a map where there were only 3 ways to go. Now there's only 1 way to go and we're supposed to play it over and over and be happy about it?

no dice

5. agree that games need to be more book like than movie like. movies are great for the 2 hours we sit and watch them, but damnit we're going to be playing this game for alot of hours and books have far better plots to pull that amount of interaction from.

6. make the environment fully interactive. I like what crysis did, take it to the next level. If I find a computer make me able to use it, f there's military equipment crates everywhere, make me able to open them up and get something out of them. not just pickup and throw let me use it.

7. boobies, you can't do them right so stop trying. I personally like mafia 2's approach to this. and will welcome any nudy mag collectables in any game.

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Case Corsair 550D
DICE ROLLS. long live the king! lol

System Name The Fouth Light
Processor i7-2600K @ 3.80GHz (1.35voltage)
Motherboard GA-P67A-UD4-B3
Cooling Corsair H50
Memory 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengence 1600MHz (8-8-8-24)
Video Card(s) 2x GTX460 @ Stock
Storage Cosair GTX Neutron 120GB + 2xWD Carviar Black 640GB RAID0
Display(s) Samsung S27B970D 27 Inch
Case Thermaltake Element V Full tower
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essense STX
Power Supply Corsair HX1000W
Software Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
Defiantly better storyline, I want the 90s again !!!

and better graphics, I want a game that is so good looking that would cause my rig to crash.

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
Defiantly better storyline, I want the 90s again !!!

and better graphics, I want a game that is so good looking that would cause my rig to crash.

your wants contradict each other.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
More open-world, sandbox games with no plot or storyline, and no instructions or maps.
Games that drop you in with only the tools you need to start (and the ability to use them in anyway you want), a simple objective and then let you create your own story.

Something like ...
Objective : Survive.
Here's a torch.
Go.

System Name The Fouth Light
Processor i7-2600K @ 3.80GHz (1.35voltage)
Motherboard GA-P67A-UD4-B3
Cooling Corsair H50
Memory 8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengence 1600MHz (8-8-8-24)
Video Card(s) 2x GTX460 @ Stock
Storage Cosair GTX Neutron 120GB + 2xWD Carviar Black 640GB RAID0
Display(s) Samsung S27B970D 27 Inch
Case Thermaltake Element V Full tower
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essense STX
Power Supply Corsair HX1000W
Software Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
your wants contradict each other.

hmmm...if you are referring to the 90s bit, I meant a storyline which is similar to the 90s games.

or maybe you were being sarcastic...good graphics and good storyline don't mix maybe:ohwell:

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.
There was a time when Jap Anime games had the best plots.

Shinning Force
Lunar
Vay
FF3
Chrono Trigger
Pantasy Star 1,2,3

These games had epic story's where you had no idea what was going to happen and you played until you beat it just to find out what happens. Nowadays I can tell you how things are gonna end by the end of the first level. FPS, RPG it doesn't matter. Its become routine.

Even in epic sandbox games like Fallout 3 with all the paths you can take I can see where things are going. Where are the plot twists? The "wow" moments? These things have been lost over time. The developers and designers spoon feed you everything. Nothing is left to the imagination.
Basically what I want is simple....bring back originality.

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Well said, MM, and I don't think this is just happening in video games.
Seems like books I've read lately are the same way. Just a rehash of someone elses idea with a different twist.
Seems like no one can come up with truly original and compelling ideas these days.

System Name Haz0
Processor i7-2700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
Cooling Chicken Stock
Memory 16GB G.Skill Ripshits X 1600MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire 5850
Storage Kingston 128GB SSD + WD Black 640GB + 2x 1.5TB
Display(s) 24" Acer G245HQ + 19" Lenovo L194
Case Antec NSK-4482 Orangified
Audio Device(s) X-Fi XtremeGamer
Power Supply Corsair TX750W
Software Windows 7: Electric Boogaloo
I want Mirror's Edge 2 to be un-cancelled
Minecraft to be updated
for PC gamers to stop being shafted
a return to the $50 max price for a standard game
PC game devs to stop worrying about maximum compatibility and more about cutting edge visuals (in some games)
and for the next gen of consoles (PS4, X3) to go ahead and come out so they can get off of 6 year old hardware

keling

System Name X
Processor Intel Core 2 i5 2500K (Stock)
Motherboard Gigabyte Z68-DS3
Cooling Intel Stock Cooler
Memory Corsair Vengeange 2X2GB
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE ATI RADEON HD 5850 1GB @ 771mhz
Storage WESTERN DIGITAL 2TB Black Edition
Display(s) SAMSUNG 2232BW 22" LCD 1680X1050
Case The same one from 2003. The Nameless One.
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply Xigmatek NRP-702 700W
Software WINDOW 7 PRO 64bit OEM
My wish :
- Dynamic, fluid and realistic story in a persistent world. Let's say that your game start the game in a city that is under attack. I should be able to see human carnage of war all around me. I should see dead bodies all around me, panic stricken people running away from danger or try to help others or a little kid crying next to his mother's lifeless corpse(unlike the New Yorkers in Prototype who run around aimlessly into mutant arms). NPCs should behave humanlike and they shouldn't be just static set pieces to tug at your heart. I could try to help the NPCs or not. The game COULD (nor should or will) reward or punish me later on for my decisions because in real life we don't know the consequences of our tiniest actions. For example, how is it possible for every in NPCs in Fallout know that I've just killed an old woman in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night with full stealth gear, with not a single witness within 5 miles and no CSI to investigate the "crime scene".

- Graphics - well like most of the posters here I would wish for a realistic graphics. But I would also like the graphics would extremely scalable for PC. If I turn the graphics low in the settings, the game should look still look beautiful, not the wash out water colour look.

-Finally, I would wish a new innovative save system. Something like a blend of Windows System Restore/Apple Time Machine with a tape recorder. I mean the game records your whole journey in the game and it make auto save points for you or you can manually save anywhere, conventionally. But aside from that, you can also reverse the whole journey like a tape recorder and load anywhere in the past. If you don't like what stats you've just upgraded, instead of opening the menu and look for earlier save points, you just zoom out into a digital time stream of your game and click the moment before you start the upgrade or 74 minutes before you venture into that mountain. In short, a new save system with the style of Prince of Persia's time rewind ability but covers the whole length of your game play. Or a gaming Tivo.

Ok, that's an impossible tech for the moment but it would be great if it does exist. The closest thing that can perform such a feat is the dual HDD RAID backup system but it's a static system.

:)

System Name PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 3600
Motherboard MSI B450 Mortar Max
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC12DX, 3 x NZXT FN 140mm, 1x NZXT FV V2 120mm
Memory 32gb DDR4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS R9 290 DCII-OC 4GB
Storage corsair mp600 1TB
Display(s) LG 27MB85Z 27" 1440p
Case NZXT Source 340
Power Supply Thermaltake 675w
Mouse Logitech G500S
Keyboard Logitech G510S
Software Windows 8.1 64 bit
PC game devs to stop worrying about maximum compatibility and more about cutting edge visuals (in some games)
and for the next gen of consoles (PS4, X3) to go ahead and come out so they can get off of 6 year old hardware

unlikely as development of the ps4 has been stopped in favour of the psp2 -http://www.lazygamer.net/ps4-plans-on-hold-sony-bets-the-house-on-ngp/

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
I would like to see less DLC nonsense... I'm fine with an expansion pack, but every once in a while we hear this shit about someone trying to sell a game for $50 or so, purposely withholding content, and charging extra to unlock that content, getting you to pay $100 for a game that really should only cost $30...

I would like to see less DRM bullshit. Seriously, pirates are gonna crack it anyway, all the DRM does is cause ass cramps for legitimate users.

I would like to see less shitty rehashes of the same game that's been around for over 9000 years... seriously, Battlefield has taken huge steps backwards. In BF1942, you could drive around battleships and aircraft carriers... now in BC2, there aren't even any jets and you can't even go prone. Did I mention BC2 is a shitty console port?

There was a time when Jap Anime games had the best plots.

Shinning Force
Lunar
Vay
FF3
Chrono Trigger
Pantasy Star 1,2,3

These games had epic story's where you had no idea what was going to happen and you played until you beat it just to find out what happens. Nowadays I can tell you how things are gonna end by the end of the first level. FPS, RPG it doesn't matter. Its become routine.

Even in epic sandbox games like Fallout 3 with all the paths you can take I can see where things are going. Where are the plot twists? The "wow" moments? These things have been lost over time. The developers and designers spoon feed you everything. Nothing is left to the imagination.
Basically what I want is simple....bring back originality.

This too. So many games these days are the same rehash of the same boring basic ideas that have been around since the dawn of time. "Hey, look! We made this game and it sold well! Let's release the same thing with a few minor changes so we can get rich without doing any work..."