1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Question has anyone ever had to rma a motherboard with Gigabyte

Discussion in 'Motherboards & Memory' started by trt740, Mar 21, 2008.

1. trt740

trt740

Thanks Received:
    Please let me know what experience you have had with them. Then I will post mine.

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Xazax

Xazax

Thanks Received:
    Sounds bad, but yea i RMA'd one motherboard to them.

I went to the local COMPUSA since there closing down and picked up a Gigabyte P965 S3 mobo for $100 which isnt bad. I open it up and find the CPU socket pins are broken! its BRAND NEW and its already broken. Well i called up Gigabyte for an RMA didnt have to wait too long go hold of a guy told him that i bought a new MB and the pins were broken on it. He was very kind and told me no to "say that otherwise they wont take it back, simply put the PCI-E doesnt work" so understanding what he meant i did so, and he gave me an RMA and i received a motherboard ina week or two. Overall a good experience guy wasnt a complete ass and was helpful.

3. ntdouglas

ntdouglas

Thanks Received:
    I do not like Gigabyte boards. I had to rma 2 965-dq6 boards which took about a month each. My third dq6 went bad and rma'd it. After 2 months I got the bad board back with a note that I voided the warranty by "warping" the board. Imo, they don't honor there warranties. Went with Asus and never looked back.

10 Year Member at TPU