• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

question on bios flashing

Halki

somewhere.. over the rainbow (Zilina, Slovakia)
just a short question: can i flash radeon 9100 w/ 64 megs with the Sapphire BIOS (same default clocks), which is for a card with 128 megs?
2nd question: in case i can, will it work? :D

kurik

its quite obvious you wont magically get 64mb more ram, but nice wishful thinking :p

Halki

i didn't mean to get those extra 64 megs, if you really mean that :D... this reminds me the dialog:
- man, i can't see anything on my camera...
-did you take down the lens cover?
i just wanted to ask if the bios will run or will it screw up the card, i'm not such an idiot :)

YohanN

Maybe it will work, but expect problems even in that case. More probable version is, that i will not go through and the wost posiibility is permanent damage of ur card.
Shortly - dont expect any benefit, nothing good that way. ;)

Halki

oki, dont know why i wanted to flash it anyway - can't remember anymore :D

A

ADV4NCED

Halki, why is your mem OC so low? 200>205, Cant u get any higher then that? I know that my Radeon 9200 256Mb would get from 200>228 or so.

Halki

possibly weak ram-chips... heard that samsung is good, but not in my case obviously. don't know if i'm doing anything wrong, using the find max mem feature... atitool says it gives artifacts if i set it higher than that... not that i see some in the games i play

man, just tried the find mem again, runned the burn thing for 30 secs at 210 and the gfx ram chips were the hottest thing in my system (touch analysis ;) ).... wanted to buy neon vent anyway, at least i know where to put it :D

Last edited: