• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Questions about my CPU

willslick

Hello friends, I am preparing for my i7 920 build. I have been reading all that I can while I compile my parts. Yesterday I came across an article that mentions stepping. It stated that the DO stepping chips overclock in general better than the older CO stepping. Today reading a thread here Paul mentioned that the newer batches require more voltage to reach 4GHz. This made me start to wonder, how I did in the CPU lottery. If anyone familiar with i7 chips could give me an idea of what I can expect from my chip, I would be grateful. I understand that these chips vary greatly from one to another.

Chip info:
Pack date 01-13-10 ( Costa Rica) Does the place of origin make a difference? I wish mine was USA

S- spec: SLBEJ ( DO )

Batch # 3951A424

Micro P.C. Had this chip at $200.00 in store pick up only I jumped on it. Now I am wondering if it was to good to be true. Thanks for your input I think its great there there are people willing to help the less knowledgeable enjoy this hobby

Will

System Name not sure yet
Processor R9 3950X
Motherboard Asrock X570 Taichi
Cooling It's a secret for now..
Memory 64GB Vengeance
Video Card(s) 2080Ti FE
Storage 2x 1TB NVME, 3x 500GB SSD, 2TB SSHD
Display(s) Predator 27" 4k 144hz, 55" Vizio 4k
Case Lian Li O11-D White
Audio Device(s) Steel Series Wireless
Power Supply EVGA 1200W
Mouse Glorious D-
Keyboard GMMK 60% Red Box Caps
Software Windows 8.1 Profession x64
Google doesn't really show up with any results, so it's up in the air at this point how well your chip will perform.