• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Quick Look: PowerColor x Ducky One 2 SF

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
PowerColor joins the competitive mechanical keyboard market with the PowerColor x Ducky One 2 SF. It is a take on Ducky's popular 65% keyboard with a two-tone black and red case to go with a new keycap set and retains the doubleshot PBT construction and 16.8 M per-key RGB backlighting.

Show full review

I'm glad to see them partnering with Ducky, they have a proven tech, really good keyboards and this PowerColor twist, the design actually looks pretty cool. I might just get one to match the rest of my Red Devil gaming PC build.

Processor Ryzen R7 5700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 I Pro WiFi
Cooling Noctua NH-L12
Memory 32 GB LPX DDR4-3200-RAM
Video Card(s) Nvidia Geforce RTX 4080 FE 16 GB
Storage 2 TB Gigabyte Aorus NVMe SSD
Display(s) EIZO ColorEdge CG2700X
Case FormD T1 V2 SW
Audio Device(s) Naim Mu-so QB2
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Logitech MX Vertical
Keyboard Mode 65, Mode Sonnet, ZSA Moonlander
Software Windows 10
I am writing this on a Ducky One 2 SF with MX Blues. The reviewer is esentially spot-on with this article. The One 2 SF is still a very good keyboard but its feature set is beginning to be outdated. Especially so considering the new generation of Ducky One 3 keebs are factory-equipped with noise-dampening case foam, silicone plate foam, lubed stabilizers and hot-swappable switches.
However, I personally would prefer the One 2 SF's minimalist casing design to the slightly bulkier and more playful one of the One 3 generation. Another upside of the PowerColor x Ducky One 2 SF model is its combination of an ISO layout with Kailh box switches (though I'm uncertain if this configuration has been on offer before). Perhaps more importantly, the PowerColor x Ducky One 2 SF retains the gorgeous translucent keycaps of earlier models in the One 2 SF line while the new Ducky line of models so far has no shine-throughs. In view of the One 2 SF's brilliant RGB lighting, this is a huge plus of the older One 2 SF generation in my eyes. These advantages may make the PowerColor x Ducky One 2 SF interesting to more than just collectors who are after the PowerColor keycaps and the red bottom case.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
This one is just a swan song of One 2 design.
Offtopic:
Ducky needs to tone down the colors on One 3 - everywhere I look I see people complaining about fugly colors that don't match anything. It's like they made it for kids that play Fortnite.