• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[Case Gallery] Quiet Blue RAIDer

I

Italy_14

To view this case mod, go here.

Specs:
AMD 64 2800+ New Castle, Gigabyte GA-K8NS Motherboard, 2 Maxtor Diamondmax SATA 80GB Hard Drives RAID 1, Link Depot PCI-SATA150 PCI SATA Controller Card RAID 0/1, 2 Zalman Hard Drive Coolers, Maxtor USB 200 GB External Hard Drive, 2GB Corsair XMS Ram, ASPIRE ATX 520W Power Supply, Sony CD-RW/DVD, Chaintech Geforce FX5500 256MB DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card, 19 inch Hyundai Image Quest LCD Monitor, Artic Cooling Heatsink/Fan, System Fan, and Case Fans. Altec Lansing speakers.

Mods:
Changed case fans, added cable sleeving to power cables, and used rounded SATA/IDE cables.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tory

Processor Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Motherboard Biostar TForce 6100
Cooling Freezer 64 Pro
Memory 2GB G.skill DDR400
Video Card(s) 8800GTS
Storage 500GB Raid 0
Display(s) Sceptre 20.1inch wide 8ms
Case Ultra Aluminus
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 value
Power Supply Seasonic 430w
My friend has that motherboard and it is a royal pain in the a$$. Did you ever get hard drive lights to work with the integrated SATA? By the looks of that card you didn't even try though. BTW I gave you a 7 for the nice clean sleved cables and supposed quietness.

System Name Onus
Processor E8500 @ 3.95ghz ~1.25v
Motherboard ASUS P5E Deluxe
Cooling Scythe Orochi cpu, 5x 120mm Zalman red LED case fans, stock GPU coolers
Memory 8gb (4x2gb) G.Skill PC8000 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) 2x ASUS 3870x2s
Storage 4x160gb RAID 0 Main, 2x 500gb RAID 0 media storage.
Display(s) LG W2600H
Case Lian Li PC-A70B, painted black and other modded aspects :)
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker. Klipsch RF-3II fronts, Yamaha NS-A222 rears, Klipsch RC-3II center, Klipsch SUB12
Power Supply Corsair CMPSU-750TX
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64, lots of games, photoshop n stuff.
Nice, but don't you think you went a little overboard with all the stickers?

I

Italy_14

I got the hard drive activity light to work. The cable is plugged into the SATA card. If you look at the pics, it's the cable that has blue cable sleeving on it plugged into the card. It works fine. Even before I had RAID in the PC the hard drive activity light worked. Thanks for the 7.

Tory said:
My friend has that motherboard and it is a royal pain in the a$$. Did you ever get hard drive lights to work with the integrated SATA? By the looks of that card you didn't even try though. BTW I gave you a 7 for the nice clean sleved cables and supposed quietness.

I

Italy_14

I have a few but I like them. I hope that your not the not the person that gave me a 1 over a few stickers?

wtf8269 said:
Nice, but don't you think you went a little overboard with all the stickers?

System Name Onus
Processor E8500 @ 3.95ghz ~1.25v
Motherboard ASUS P5E Deluxe
Cooling Scythe Orochi cpu, 5x 120mm Zalman red LED case fans, stock GPU coolers
Memory 8gb (4x2gb) G.Skill PC8000 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) 2x ASUS 3870x2s
Storage 4x160gb RAID 0 Main, 2x 500gb RAID 0 media storage.
Display(s) LG W2600H
Case Lian Li PC-A70B, painted black and other modded aspects :)
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker. Klipsch RF-3II fronts, Yamaha NS-A222 rears, Klipsch RC-3II center, Klipsch SUB12
Power Supply Corsair CMPSU-750TX
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64, lots of games, photoshop n stuff.
Oh no, I haven't even rated your system. I usually just comment on peoples systems not rate them. I'm just one for the clean look myself. You did a good job though. And atleast you put the stickers in a pattern. :)

I

Italy_14

That's Cool

That's cool. I was going to say I know it's not the best mod but it's not the worst. I really like your mod. Not very often do you see a server CPU in a PC. I wish my case was a little bit cleaner. I really think you did a great job with your PC. Not often do you see cases as clean as yours.

wtf8269 said:
Oh no, I haven't even rated your system. I usually just comment on peoples systems not rate them. I'm just one for the clean look myself. You did a good job though. And atleast you put the stickers in a pattern. :)

chopperdan88

nice

i would add some blue lighting in that case to liven things up though. that corsair memory still makes me want to lose some of my money though.

I

Italy_14

Actually the pics doesn't give the PC any justice. It lights up blue pretty good. There are LEDS in the PSU and the case fans are pretty bright too. The Corsair RAM is worth the cash.

chopperdan88 said:
i would add some blue lighting in that case to liven things up though. that corsair memory still makes me want to lose some of my money though.

Last edited by a moderator:

zekrahminator

McLovin
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane @ 2.8GHz (224x12.5, 1.425V)
Motherboard Gigabyte sumthin-or-another, it's got an nForce 430
Cooling Dual 120mm case fans front/rear, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, Zalman VF-900 on GPU
Memory 2GB G.Skill DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire X850XT @ 580/600
Storage WD 160 GB SATA hard drive.
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen, 5ms response time, 1440x900
Case Thermaltake Soprano (black with side window).
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24 bit (paired with X-530 speakers).
Power Supply ThermalTake 430W TR2
Software XP Home SP2, can't wait for Vista SP1.
hey, that thing looks awesome! have you thought of getting a new video card? if I was to change ANYTHING about that rig, thats what I would do. but if it works for you, who am I to complain? lol.