• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

R9 Fury running @ x8? (Solved)

System Name KOZAD
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard X570 Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL14-14-14-34
Video Card(s) RX 7900 XTX
Storage Corsair Force MP600 Pro 2TB
Display(s) CORSAIR XENEON 32QHD165
Case NZXT 710
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Katana V2 | Blue Yeti
Power Supply EVGA 1000W
Mouse Logitech MX Vertical
Keyboard Logitech G915
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Have you tried putting the fury in a different PCI slot? I'm not saying that it's an optimal position but give it a shot by itself in a different PCI3 slot, with no other devices installed in PCI slots

I disnt see this posted so far in the thread, I apologize if you already tried it

Sadly, I cannot just move it around my case, I had to remove part of the 3.5 bay cage out to get the Fury into slot 1.

But, after I pulled the 7300 LE from the tower, the Fury is now staying in x16! I guess by putting in additional cards, then removing them, I was able to get the motherboard out of it's weird funk. So, problem not!

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
Sadly, I cannot just move it around my case, I had to remove part of the 3.5 bay cage out to get the Fury into slot 1.

But, after I pulled the 7300 LE from the tower, the Fury is now staying in x16! I guess by putting in additional cards, then removing them, I was able to get the motherboard out of it's weird funk. So, problem not!
Are you telling us you had 2 different cards in the system at once? If so that was the problem all along!?

System Name KOZAD
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard X570 Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL14-14-14-34
Video Card(s) RX 7900 XTX
Storage Corsair Force MP600 Pro 2TB
Display(s) CORSAIR XENEON 32QHD165
Case NZXT 710
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Katana V2 | Blue Yeti
Power Supply EVGA 1000W
Mouse Logitech MX Vertical
Keyboard Logitech G915
Software Windows 11 Pro x64
Are you telling us you had 2 different cards in the system at once? If so that was the problem all along!?

No, I only tried putting another card in the system into one of my other x16 slots to see if I could get the EFI to put the Fury into x16 rather than x8 - first I used an HD 7700, and it did indeed put the Fury into x16, but after I pulled the 7700, the Fury reverted to x8, so I decided to try an nVidia card in another x16 slot to see if that too would put hte Fury into x16, and it worked again, but the games I loaded up were acting odd as hell, so I pull the nVidia card out of the rig and the Fury has since remained in x16 and is running fine. I was ready to just live with the oddness of having a high end card operating at x8, but now I won't have to. I honestly have no idea why installing, then removing, an nVidia card did the trick, but dammit, it worked.