• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Radeon X800 Voltmods

ElectriZ

I come from even the score of //mAr has to 3dmark05... I does not understand how I can make less better with frequencies higher?!?

edit : A64...

Last edited:

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Still a good score :) His overall system maybe faster. He's running a AMD64 3500 which is on a 939 board I believe and is a fairly fast system... so if you're running a Intel P4 with a 3.2 or less than he's running faster than you...

ElectriZ

click on the picture you'll see a screen of CPU-Z ...
P4C 2.8@3851 mhz exacly ;)

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Excellent oc for a 2.8 Northwood... I see you're pumping 1.9v to that CPU :eek: Water cooled I assume as well :) ... Still //mAr gets that stock .... Very good rig ElectriZ :D ... did you do the pencil vmod on your X800 or VR?

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Did you read the steps to do the pencil vmod from this thread? If so was it easy to follow?

ElectriZ

yes i use this thread.
It was easy in spite of my approximate English. But I did not see how to check the tension of the iGPU. And which are the maximum value has to apply to the iGPu and vDDQ ?

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Well it's it a work in progress and I'm only able to get on for short periods of time. I don't think there is a way to check the voltage for the IGPU. On the first page W1zzard lists some of the limitations at the very begining. Most of the article is written for moderation and beginners to slightly push their X800pros cards to maintain XT speeds or to increase the oc of their XT. Generally you caution against to much of an increase, most still use stock or after market air coolers which keeps them from ocing to the extreme.. I won't mention any names //mAr :)

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
I don't want to quote a number that I'm not 100% sure of ... So maybe W1zzard, //mAr and possibly ViperJohn can give a max for the VDDQ?

syl

EZ...does not mean you should run it 24/7 at this max voltage as recommended operating voltage is only 2.0+/-0.1V.

BTW, great clocks and nice 3DMark :)

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
syl said:
Absolute max voltage for VDD and VDDQ as quoted in Samsung Spec is 2.5V.

Thanks Syl :) ... another note from the specs is it states the maximum clock frequency up to 700mhz

I would also believe it requires very good cooling...

Last edited:

ElectriZ

So i dont understand why i have artifacts at 680mhz for the mem :confused:
Maybe because i only set 2.34v to the vDD ?!?

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Not sure why you're getting them... it could need a little more juice.. but I'd be very careful going much higher... Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the belief that the VDD was not suppose to be higher than the VDDQ, but if the max is the same then does it still matter?
you're pushing that card to the extreme :D

ElectriZ

ho ho ... so maybe because my vDD is 2.34v and vDDQ 2.22v...

I d'like to by the first of nokytech :D
but the first one has a A64 o/c to 3ghz ... this will be difficult with my "little" 3851 p4...

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
EZ ... I forgot to mention that it could be in the BIOS as well... some BIOS have more aggressive timings than others... may help push you up some... The 526/573 ATI BIOS is said to have less agressive timings... just a thought :) I found that just VDD vmod didn't help much with the mem oc but once I did the VDDQ as well the memory oced much higher...

ElectriZ

You right, I'll try to flash the bios with better timings and lowering frequencies ;)

ElectriZ

Do you know where i can find any information about the timings config...
Because there are a lot of timings :eek:

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Well not off hand... ATItool has memory settings but there is a warning with that... you can use it to test different CAS and latency timings...

Did you mention TechPowerup on the Nokytech forum?

ElectriZ

I'll try tht tonight or tomorrow

yes I even made a topic with a translation of the explanations

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
There are a couple of BIOS editors this one recommended by Wazzledoozle which can let you view the different BIOS memory timings to get a better match for your card.. let us know what you find out ... :)

A quote from W1zzard ... "the next version fixes the timings editor + i added individual data files for r300,350,360,420 and rv350,360,370,380,410

in reply to dominik's email: i'm pretty confident you cant damage up your card by playing with the timings .. not 100% sure .. thats why the disclaimer is there."

The other editor is Rabit 1.5 Bios Editor ....

ElectriZ

I have rabit (the 1.6 hotfix)
above flash the bios i'll test with atitool