• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Radeon X800 Voltmods

Processor AMD 5800x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Custom Water Loop
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z neo
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4 NVMEs / SSDs
Display(s) 27" AOC AG271QX
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolve
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster AE-7
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750
Software Windows 10
You'll have to ask Urlyin on that one. They should be the same but I am not a 100% sure on it.

-Dan

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
gold3nman said:
Ok thats the one i want to use but the pics show a agp card is the pci one the same???Here are pics of my card tell me if this is correct. its different than the ones in the pictures from that guide.

Gold ... you have it right, it seems you have VDD & VDDQ of the AGP and the VGPU of a PCI-E ... again like Viper said ... they are straying away from the ATI BBA PCB more and more ... Post some pics of your vmods when it's done here

If the rest of you guys who posted pics of some really good work could post your pics there as well I'd appreciate it ... :D of course anyone else is welcome as well ... :cool:

gold3nman

Ok I got all my mods done, I will be testing the card on saturday. I have one question though. What is the Vddq. I know that the Vdd is the Vmem. Thanks.

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
gold3nman said:
Ok I got all my mods done, I will be testing the card on saturday. I have one question though. What is the Vddq. I know that the Vdd is the Vmem. Thanks.

Gold ... it supplies voltage to the output buffers of the memory

gold3nman

My card blew up :( One of the chips on it was glowing :( Oh well, guess its time to get a new one. Is there anyone out there that can fix it? Ill get a pic as soon as i can.

Kramdra

gold3nman said:
My card blew up :( One of the chips on it was glowing :( Oh well, guess its time to get a new one. Is there anyone out there that can fix it? Ill get a pic as soon as i can.

Should be fixable. A pic would really help.

The chip that was glowing *will* need replacing. The fact it was glowing means it hit temperatures around 750°c - and the chip will be rated for 150°c or less as maximium.

If you can find out what the chip was, ask the manufacturer of the chip if you can buy one.
Then you can de-solder the old one and put the new one on yourself. If it was a SMD chip (which I expect it was) then you probably cant do it yourself so look for electronics companys near you that might be able to do it - I know of about 5 within a few miles of me which can do it.

gold3nman

Heres a pic of what was glowing not sure what kind of chip it is dont think i can fix it myself either, can anyone give me a hint as to what chip it is. Its on the top of the card (same side of heatsink) next to the yellow connector for the vivo. The card is a x800 pro vivo pci-e.

Attachments

• DSC02225-2.JPG
    DSC02225-2.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 872
U

Unregistered

Hello! I need some help, I want to vmod my x800 all-in-wonder, and I can't find anything on the net. Somebody knows how I can vmod my new vga?

thx in advance and sorry my bad english!

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Unregistered said:
Hello! I need some help, I want to vmod my x800 all-in-wonder, and I can't find anything on the net. Somebody knows how I can vmod my new vga?

thx in advance and sorry my bad english!

You should register first... I assume it's a PCI-E and you've had it for more than a week. You tested it with benchmarks and played some graphics intense games for more than 72 hours. This will helps to make sure the card doesn't have any issues prior to vmodding it. Do you have any pics of the backside of the card. Have you reviewed the vmods here for the X800 Non Pro / X800XL / X850 to see if the layout is the same?

U

Unregistered

I am having some problems with my X800PRO PCI-E that has done all the mods to it. Basically anything over 1.63V will crash the card/benchmark with no improvements. I am wondering if there is another voltage protection somewhere. The card will run crystal clear intitally at 1.75 ( subzero cooling) but most of the time crash even in the loading of the 3DMark05 benchmark first test I onec had it run for about 30sec artifact clean and extremely high overclock but then crashed again. IGPU I reduced by 20k but that didn't bring any change a tall

J0hnB

1st post :)

Urlyin, what if you just do the memory Vmods by drawing between pins 5 and 7 of the respective ICs? Or is it better to just pencil the resistors?

-JB

Last edited:

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
J0hnB said:
1st post :)

Urlyin, what if you just do the memory Vmods by drawing between pins 5 and 7 of the respective ICs? Or is it better to just pencil the resistors?

-JB

JB ... No, you need to do the resistor to trick the reg to raise the voltage...

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
Unregistered said:
I am having some problems with my X800PRO PCI-E that has done all the mods to it. Basically anything over 1.63V will crash the card/benchmark with no improvements. I am wondering if there is another voltage protection somewhere. The card will run crystal clear intitally at 1.75 ( subzero cooling) but most of the time crash even in the loading of the 3DMark05 benchmark first test I onec had it run for about 30sec artifact clean and extremely high overclock but then crashed again. IGPU I reduced by 20k but that didn't bring any change a tall

Have you used a multimeter to see if you had a bad vdroop? Check with ViperJohn on any issues with subzero cooling... there isn't another voltage protection

nicepun

Urlyin (or anyone else),

Great job on your guide! I'm a bit confused and I would like to apologize if I come off as a moron but one quick question. When go to do the VDD and VDDQ and set my multimeter to 20K, it reads 1.0 and 0.76, respectively. Now your guide says to reduce by 30 ohm, so should the new readings be .97 and 0.73??????

Last edited:

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
nicepun said:
Urlyin (or anyone else),

Great job on your guide! I'm a bit confused and I would like to apologize if I come off as a moron but one quick question. When go to do the VDD and VDDQ and set my multimeter to 20K, it reads 1.0 and 0.76, respectively. Now your guide says to reduce by 30 ohm, so should the new readings be .97 and 0.73??????

NP ... Nicepun .... set the multimeter to 2k which should give you three digits. For example if the VDD ohm reading is .762 then subtract your 30 ohms from that which is .732

nicepun

Urlyin said:
NP ... Nicepun .... set the multimeter to 2k which should give you three digits. For example if the VDD ohm reading is .762 then subtract your 30 ohms from that which is .732

I actually get .770 when I set it to 2k ohms, so I take it .740 is the way to go, this is for th VDDQ by the way. The VDD reads 1.008 when the multimeter is set at 2k ohms and 1.00 when the multimeter is se at 20k ohms, so I get it I should have it .978 with reading with 2k ohms???? Thanks so much.

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
nicepun said:
I actually get .770 when I set it to 2k ohms, so I take it .740 is the way to go, this is for th VDDQ by the way. The VDD reads 1.008 when the multimeter is set at 2k ohms and 1.00 when the multimeter is se at 20k ohms, so I get it I should have it .978 with reading with 2k ohms???? Thanks so much.

that's correct Nice... let us know how you make out..

nicepun

Urlyin said:
that's correct Nice... let us know how you make out..

That's man! I'll give it a try, otheriwise I might get some cogones and go for the Variable Resistors!! :eek:

Edit: Ended up doing the VR's, One quick questions. When should I really consider doing the IGPU vold mod? Mening, if I'm sitting at 1.6v for the gpu shoul go ahead and do it?? By the way, soldering this stuff was not that hard. Of course I searched around for the right equipment. My VDD/VDDQ sit at 2.10/2.18, repectively and I don't see any major peformance increase if I take them higher. I was hoping to hit at least 625 on the mem... :( Oh well. I don't think I'll go above 1.6v on the GPU because I would hate to loose this card (X800XT PE AGP). Thanks.

Last edited:

nicepun

I didn't know we could double post!!

nicepun

I did, but I was just wondering about the IGPU vmod, I want to know if it's really necessary. Thanks. My card doesn't see temp above 44c at full load. Thanks.

nicepun

Urlyin said:
At 1.6v it's not needed ....

Thanks. I'm really disappointed that I can't get more out of the mem so for now I'm sitting @590/590 with a P4 3.2E@4.0Ghz 2gigs of RAM and I get around 6,800 in 3DM05. I know I can hit 7K+ if I were to remove 1 gig of ram and bench it @ 4.384Ghz. Thanks dude, really nice guide!!!!

Last edited:

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
nicepun said:
Thanks. I'm really disappointed that I can't get more out of the mem so for now I'm sitting @590/590 with a P4 3.2E@4.0Ghz 2gigs or RAM and I get around 6,800 in 3DM05. I know I can hit 7K+ if I were to remove 1 gig of ram and bench it @ 4.384Ghz. Thanks dude, really nice guide!!!!

Not a bad score Nice .... I scored a 7380 with my X800XT PE with a 3.2e at 4 ghz .....

Post pics of your vmods here