• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Blade 15 Returns with Stunning 240Hz 1080p or 2160p OLED Displays

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Razer , the leading global lifestyle brand for gamers, today announced updates to both the Advanced and Base models of the Razer Blade 15 laptop series, now equipped with 9th Generation Intel Core i7 6 Core processors. The Razer Blade 15 Advanced models will now be available with a 240Hz Full HD or 4K OLED touch display option while the Razer Blade 15 Base model gets a boost to 144Hz Full HD and GeForce RTX graphics.

"The Razer Blade 15 is the perfect companion for hardcore gamers and power users," says Razer Co-founder and CEO Min-Liang Tan. "Now we're packing even more performance in the same slim form factor to satisfy the needs of even the most demanding gamers, esports athletes and content creators."

The new Razer Blade 15 Advanced comes packed with the latest 9th-generation Intel Core i7-9750H CPU clocked at 2.6GHz with Max Turbo speeds up to 4.5GHz. The new 6-core processor offers creators faster workflows and increased efficiency while giving gamers reduced bottlenecking and better multitasking for streaming. The Razer Blade 15 Advanced models will sport the new Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX200 WLAN card capable of achieving up to 2.4 Gbps so users can spend less time waiting on updates and more time playing.

Ultra-Fast 240Hz Full HD
Take your laptop gaming experience to the extreme with the new 15.6" Full HD (1920x1080) 240Hz refresh rate display available on the new Razer Blade 15 Advanced.

From hunting down enemies to scrolling through long documents, the high refresh rate on the edge-to-edge display will make for a faster and more enjoyable experience overall. The display covers 100% of the sRGB color gamut and is custom calibrated to deliver amazing visuals experience out of the box.

Finished with a matte surface to reduce glare, the Razer Blade 15 Advanced with 240Hz display is perfect for gaming anywhere at any time.

Glorious 4K OLED
The Razer Blade 15 Advanced 4K OLED configuration is driven by NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 2080 to ensure the greatest performance possible. The 4K OLED display covers 100% of the DCI-P3 color gamut, is HDR 400 True Black-certified, and has a 1ms response rate delivering rich vivid images, seamlessly. The display is a touchscreen that has TUV certification for reduced blue light output, limiting strain on users' eyes.

Bump the Base
Beyond the new 9th Gen Intel Core i7-9750H 6 Core processor, the new Razer Blade 15 Base has been upgraded to a faster 144Hz Full HD (1920x1080) display with custom color calibration. The new display configuration is now paired with a powerful NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 to deliver fluid gaming experiences on the go.

The Razer Blade family represents the convergence between craftsmanship and performance. Each laptop is CNC milled from a single block of aircraft-grade aluminum and anodized with a matte finish to create a sleek and scratch-resistant exterior. The OS remains bloatware-free without any unnecessary apps slowing down performance. The large glass touchpad comes complete with Windows precision drivers to ensure that every click is perfect. The Advanced models feature customizable per-key Razer Chroma backlighting while the Base models utilize single-zone lighting design on their keyboards. Both keyboards can be customized with 16.8M color variations.

Pricing and Avilability
Base Model - $1,999 USD; Advanced Model from $2,399 USD

Razer.com - April 24th 2019 in the US & Canada, May 2019 for additional markets & channels.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

D

Deleted member 172152

Sooooo nice!!!!!!!!!!

Just a shame most razer laptops are very expensive and/or flawed in some very annoying way. O, and in Holland almost none are available.

Price is actually half decent for a rtx laptop! XD

D

Deleted member 24505

How the feck do they cool a rtx 2080 in something that thin?

D

Deleted member 172152

How the feck do they cool a rtx 2080 in something that thin?
Not, you get just over half the clockspeed probably.

With that in mind, I'm waiting for minds to be blown and dollas burnt by the average richer enthusiast!

TiN

System Name selfmade caseless :D
Processor Intel ES
Motherboard EVGA X299 DARK ES :)
Cooling LN2
Memory G.SKILL DDR4 @ 3600MHz
Video Card(s) GTX Kingpin's
Storage Intel P4500 4TB
Display(s) Philips BDM4350
Case none
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi
Power Supply EVGA NEX 1500W's
Mouse None (trackball)
Keyboard Steelseries APEX RAW and Corsair K-something
Software W2k8 R2 64bit SP1, FreeBSD 12
Benchmark Scores http://www.hwbot.org/community/user/tin?oldstyle=true
Pretty renders. I'd love to see actual photos. That price sound cheap for 4K OLED.

Nkd

Sooooo nice!!!!!!!!!!

Just a shame most razer laptops are very expensive and/or flawed in some very annoying way. O, and in Holland almost none are available.

Price is actually half decent for a rtx laptop! XD

do you own one? I bought a razer 15 base model with 8750h and gtx 1060. It runs cool and has been flawless since day one. Not really sure what you are talking about, not sure what annoying flaws you are talking about.

System Name deluge pro
Processor Intel Core i7 6850K Six Core OVERCLOCKED
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX Rev 1.0 (Intel X99 ATX DDR4)
Cooling Corsair Hydro H60 Rev2 Liquid Cooling System
Memory Crucial 32GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SATA SSD
Display(s) 31.5 Samsung u32E850R 3850R 3840x2160 ^)HZ 4ms
Case Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (black w/window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC 1150
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1000W
Mouse Logitech Wireless Marathon
Keyboard Das mechanical keyboard 4 Professional
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
I like and if the price is right, I like very much!

My boyfriend said if I upgrade one more time he is going to leave me.

I am going to miss him.