• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Carcharias problem

MrGrey

I bought a Razer Carcharias headset a couple months ago. It uses the 3.5mm jacks for plug-in instead of the usb port. Up until a couple weeks ago or so it was working fine, but around then while gaming, I started receiving complaints that my voice was all static-y, but it was only a handful of people. Others said it was working fine. So I thought nothing of it. More recently, a lot more people started making the same complaint. Now keep in mind that I use my FRONT headphone and mic inputs as opposed to the rear, because of ease of access. Just recently after more complaints started rolling in about my static-y voice, I switched to the rear inputs. I cannot get any sound to come from the microphone at all. So I switched back to the front inputs, and now I can't get it to transmit any sound from There either. I am still getting audio in the headphones from both sets of inputs, so that is not the issue. The microphone is the only thing faulty here. I'm not too familiar with sound cards and drivers and what not, so if anybody has any feedback they can give me, that would be Extremely helpful. Oh btw, my OS is Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit. In case that makes a difference.

System Name Thakk
Processor i7 6700k @ 4.5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte G1 Z170N ITX
Cooling H55 AIO
Memory 32GB DDR4 3100 c16
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX3080 Trinity
Storage Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD / Intel 250GB SSD / Samsung Pro 512 SSD / 3TB Seagate SV32
Display(s) Acer Predator X34 100hz IPS Gsync / HTC Vive
Case QBX
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 > Creative Gigaworks T40 > AKG Q701
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Ducky Shine TKL MX Blue + Vortex PBT Doubleshots
Software Windows 10 64bit
Benchmark Scores http://www.3dmark.com/fs/12108888
Try recording your voice with some recording software? See if its static-y. Otherwise, probably internet latency related

MrGrey

No dice. I believe it may have something to do with my mic inputs, or the headset itself. Any other feedback would help guys. I need it. :ohwell:

MrGrey

Also it's not internet latency related, because when I have the device manager popped up on my desktop, the microphone is plugged in and 'working', but no sound is registered. And my mic isn't muted either.

xiander

sup. had the exact same problem with mine (except mine only worked in the back lol) but that static noise is actually the electricity running through the headphones for sound. sounds dumb right, but i can't think of any other way to explain it. i fooled around with it a little and i figured out that if i turned my head set off and only used the mic. the mic works fine.

dunno about what happened to yours, but completely muting? mabey your back jacks don't work or you hit the switch on the cable that turns your mic off. i know for me, i have to turn my back jacks on because my stupid sound card is retarded and can't auto detect. it knows that something is plugged in and will detect it but i have to go into my sound options and switch it to default manually every time.

but yea make sure u check the switch lol. i feel kinda stupid to say this but there are times that in my lack of better judgement (really drunk) have flipped out cause it didn't work lol.

umm yea thats about everything. i would suggest taking the headset back cause im pretty sure that's some sorta dud product.
everyone i know who has is has no problems with theres, but i read up on the internet how to fix mine and i get the same old crap over and over. so i semi fixed it myself. (kinda... have to use my surround sound instead of my head phones but the mic still works)