• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Launches Seiren Emote Microphone

AleksandarK

News Editor
Staff member
Razer, the leading global lifestyle brand for gamers, today introduced the Seiren Emote, the world's first professional-grade streaming microphone featuring an emoticon display. The Razer Seiren Emote synchronizes the emoticons displayed on the microphone to on-stream events, allowing streamers to engage with their audience in a whole new way.

At the heart of the Seiren Emote is the world's first 8-bit Emoticon LED display powered by Razer's Emote Engine. The Emote Engine synchronizes emoticon responses to on-stream audience interaction like alerts, chat messages, follows, donations and more. Streamers are free to express themselves and entertain in their own unique way through hundreds of presets or customizable emoticons that they can add or design themselves.

"Up-and-coming streamers are looking for more ways to engage with their fans and grow to new heights in order to become like their idols," says Alvin Cheung, Senior Vice President of Razer's Peripherals Business Unit. "With the Razer Seiren Emote, we are providing them with a new creative avenue, enabling an additional layer of interaction between streamers and fans that is truly fun and engaging."

Customize and personalize with the Streamer Companion App
At launch, Seiren Emote users can choose from more than 100 static or animated preset emoticons, or upload their own static or animated 8-bit images via an editor in the Razer Streamer Companion App.

The Razer Streamer Companion App sets up the interactive emoticons on the Seiren Emote's 8×8 grid display. In the app, users will find an emoticon editor, an emoticon library to save their designs, and controls to set up and manage emoticon stream triggers. Users can select which emoticon will be displayed based on what action is triggered.

The Seiren Emote and its fully customizable Streamer Companion App bring virtual interaction to life, going beyond chat box messages and on-screen widgets.

Professional grade microphone for professional grade streaming
Professional streamers need a crystal-clear microphone to entertain. The Seiren Emote utilizes a hyper-cardioid pickup pattern that captures the subtle nuances in voice, while eliminating any background noise that might disrupt their streams. The hyper-cardioid pick up pattern is a tighter more focused pattern compared to the regular cardioid pattern for greater reduction in background noise.

During the heat of the moment, accidental knocks and bumps are bound to happen. To protect against unwanted noise, the Seiren Emote features a built-in shock mount.

The Seiren Emote also features an interchangeable gooseneck that extends the microphone's height, making it flexible enough to be placed in the best position possible to display its unique emoticon display.

ABOUT THE RAZER SEIREN EMOTE
8-bit Emoticon 8x 8 RGB LED Display showcasing hundreds of emoticons on your mic
Stream Reactive Emoticons ready for customization
Hyper-cardioid Condenser Microphone for professional grade streaming
Streamer Companion App compatible with Twitch, Streamlabs, XSplit & Mixer
Built-in shock mount to dampen vibrations
Interchangeable Gooseneck for height extension
Plug and Play for fuss-free streaming out of the box

PRICE & AVAILABILITY
$179.99 USD / 189.99€ MSRP
Razer.com - Available Now
Authorized resellers - Q4 2019

For more information, please see here.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Space Lynx

Astronaut
yeah boi, hook this up to my future Razer car :kookoo:

System Name SYBARIS
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk
Cooling Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 2x8GB 3200CL16
Video Card(s) Colorful GeForce RTX 2060 6GV2
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 24" 144hz IPS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Audio Device(s) Massdrop + Sennheiser PC37X | QKZ x HBB
Power Supply Corsair CX650-F
Mouse Razer Viper Mini | Cooler Master MM711 | Logitech G102 | Logitech G402
Keyboard Drop + The Lord of the Rings Dwarvish
Software Windows 10 Education 22H2 x64
Processor Intel i9 9900K @5GHz w/ Corsair H150i Pro CPU AiO w/Corsair HD120 RBG fan
Motherboard Asus Z390 Maximus XI Code
Cooling 6x120mm Corsair HD120 RBG fans
Memory Corsair Vengeance RBG 2x8GB 3600MHz
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 3080Ti STRIX OC
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB , 970 EVO 1TB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD, 10TB Synology DS1621+ RAID5
Display(s) Corsair Xeneon 32" 32UHD144 4K
Case Corsair 570x RBG Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard / Corsair Virtuoso XT Wireless RGB
Power Supply Corsair HX850w Platinum Series
Mouse Logitech G604s
Keyboard Corsair K70 Rapidfire
Software Windows 11 x64 Professional
Benchmark Scores Firestrike - 23520 Heaven - 3670
Why would anyone want this?

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / i5-4460
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock Z87 Extreme4
Cooling Corsair H100i / stock HSF
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 8GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / 2x 4TB & 1x 8TB WD Red, 2TB SSD & 4TB SSD
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF 32" LED Curved QHD FreeSync Monitor / 50" LCD TV
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
Why would anyone want this?

Because no one is buying their cheap mice and keyboards anymore and folks aren't willing to keep up with the crummy headsets either - they're hard up for sales somewhere.

Okay, I can't actually speak for their keyboards since I never owned one. However, I've had a Kraken headset and it was the most uncomfortable headset I have ever worn and I had a Naga mouse that had so many tracking issues and button failures, paired with their shitty Synapse software that these two experiences are enough to keep me away from Razer's hardware and software forever.