• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Lycosa, static (strange) sound..

T

TechnicalFreak

Hi everyone!

It's been a while since I was here.
Anyway, to the subject.. I recently bought a Razer Lycosa keyboard, and it has this "headphone/mic." connectors. The problem is that when I connect the amplifier to it I get static noise. Can't figure out why, because when I connect the amp. directly to the soundcard I do not get static noise..

Any idéas??

Thankful (as usual) for any replies given.

D

Deleted member 24505

Maybe the keyboard has a amplifier stage in it,so the amplifier is amplifiing the small amount of noise there is before the signal goes to your amp?

T

TechnicalFreak

Maybe the keyboard has a amplifier stage in it,so the amplifier is amplifiing the small amount of noise there is before the signal goes to your amp?

That infact sound logical.. But one more thing. My system isn't "grounded", I don't have a grounded wall connection for the power in my room (only kitchen/bathroom). Could that be a reason??

Also, I don't know if it is amplified directly, but the static is there even when all sound is turned off (muted)..that is what makes it even stranger :confused:

speedkills

System Name 2010 System / 2008 System / 2007 System / 2006 System
Processor Intel i7 930 / Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 / Intel 6700 Core Duo / Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Motherboard Asus Rampage II Extreme / Asus Rampage Formula / Asus Striker Extreme / Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H50 Water / ZALMAN CNPS9700 / Thermaltake Big Typhoon / Asus Silent Knight II
Memory G.Skill Trident 6GB DDR3 2000/ G.SKILL 4GB 1066 (PC2 8500) / 2GB Patriot (PC 9600) / 2 GB RAM PC3200
Video Card(s) Tri-SLI EVGA 280GTX (3) / BFG 8800 GTX / (2) BFG 7900 GTX - SLI
Storage 1TB SATA Caviar Black, 2 x 1.5 TB SATA, 1TB NAS (RAID 0) / 500 GB SATA
Display(s) ViewSonic 26" LCD X Series VX2640w / Samsung 22" LCD / Samsung 22" LCD
Case Thermaltake Armor (Full Tower) / TT Sonata Mid Tower / Mid Tower
Audio Device(s) Rampage SupremeFX II 8-CH Audio / Asus on-board sound
Power Supply BFG EX-1000 PS / Thermaltake Tough Power 750W / Seasonic S12 650W / Antec Trio 650W
Software Windows 7 (32 bit), XP Home, Stardock/Wincustomize, etc.
It looks like that is a earphone jack (according to their web site), so it would have a slight amplification that would cause a hiss. If you want to use that output to feed your amplifier, you would need to use an attentuated adapter to reduce the output.

T

TechnicalFreak

It looks like that is a earphone jack (according to their web site), so it would have a slight amplification that would cause a hiss. If you want to use that output to feed your amplifier, you would need to use an attentuated adapter to reduce the output.

That sounds like a good (and cheap) solution.
Thanks.