1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Orochi and Kabuto

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Frederik S, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Frederik S Staff

Thanks Received:
    Razer's two most recent products are put to the test as we examine the performance of the Orochi dual mode gaming mouse and the Kabuto gaming mat. Both of these products are part of Razer's new product line intended for gamers on the move.

To read this review go to: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Razer/Kabuto_Orochi/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2009
    10 Year Member at TPU
  2. EnglishLion

EnglishLion New Member

Thanks Received:
    Pity the Bluetooth connection limits the mouses performance. I like the idea of a bluetooth mouse, wireless mice are much better to use and feel much more free but you always have that nagging in the back of your mind when gaming, especially on-line, that maybe you'd be better wired!

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Frederick, any word on the release date (for the Orochi)? Looking to replace my Logitech VX Nano with one so I can free up a USB port and get something a bit larger for my hands.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Frederik S Staff

Thanks Received:
    No word yet DanishDevil, I am afraid. But a conservative guess would be the beginning of next month.

DanishDevil says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  5. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the response. I REALLY want to try one of these out in person.

Have you used a Logitech VX Nano, Frederik? If so, how's the feel compared to the Orochi? I love my Razer Deathadder, but my VX nano is very small. I'd love something inbetween the two with bluetooth and wired capability :)

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. Frederik S Staff

Thanks Received:
    I've used the VX Nano briefly (a couple of friends own it) and they are quite similar, but of course with the Orochi you have the option to pull out the batteries for a lither more responsive gaming mouse. Ergonomic wise both are good I think (based on memory) that the Orochi is a wee bit bigger and has a less "forced" way to hold it. Tracking wise I much prefer the 3G lase featured in the Razer mouse it is just so much better because of the low lift off distance and the way it handles acceleration.

DanishDevil says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  7. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Thanks a lot for the info! "A wee bit bigger" is exactly what I was hoping for. I figured it would at least be taller because it uses dual AA batteries, while the VX Nano uses dual AAA's.

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. Frederik S Staff

Thanks Received:
    Well DD it is based on memory only, no side by side comparison so I could be wrong. The approximate size for the Orochi is: 99(L) x 67.8(W) x 35(H). If that helps.

10 Year Member at TPU
  9. DanishDevil

DanishDevil

Thanks Received:
    Looks like the same length, a few mm wider, and 10mm taller. Sounds good to me! :)

10 Year Member at TPU