1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Salmosa

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Darksaber, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Darksaber

Darksaber W1zzard's Sidekick Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Razer's newest mouse is an entry level gaming device, stuffed with their awesome sensor technology at a great price point of $39. This makes it an interesting choice if you want go for a Razer mouse for the first time without spending a lot of money.

To read this review go to: https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Razer/Salmosa/

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2008
    10 Year Member at TPU
  2. WarEagleAU

WarEagleAU Bird of Prey

Thanks Received:
    Ive always liked Razers mice software. The Ocz Equalizer mouse software is nice, but its not as intuitive as what Razer offers, at least to me. Great review. For the price, they did cut some corners. The Equalizer, for the same price, actually for 10 bucks cheaper, has alot more offers on it. Thanks DS.

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. Sharada

Sharada New Member

Thanks Received:
    Great review overall, but I think that author missed some things. I think that Salmosa is not an entry level mouse (well, maybe that is a side effect). Salmosa is rather an ultimate mouse for finger stile grip. From all available Razer mice there are only 3 that suits such grip - Diamondback (all it's variations), Copperhead and Krait. And all of them have some flaws - I won't write them because that is very individual. On the contrary Salmosa is ideal variant for many people.

In your review you say that it is "lightweight" - but Diamondback is lightweight too compared with Logitech bricks. So Salmosa's 65g compared to Diamondback's 95g is VERY big advantage and thus "weight system" would be only a nuisance.
    Additional buttons, lighting effects, memory and laser sensor were also unfitted not to lower price but to lower weight and it did the trick.
    That is the first thing you missed.

And the second is that in review there is no word about mice coating. Is it usual plastic or Razer style non-slipping coating (can't describe it, but it like on all other Razer mice)? Because I have Diamondback 1-st generation and it's coating began to peel off after 2-3 monthes.

4. bramankp New Member

Thanks Received:
    From the article:

"It would have been nice to have at least an on the fly DPI switch, or back/forth navigation buttons. Such features are found on most gaming mice, no matter what the price."

Thank goodness for small favors! I *hate* all those extra buttons. I want a mouse that's fast, tracks well on multiple surfaces, and doesn't have all those stupid extra buttons that I'm always pushing by accident on my Microsoft Habu mouse.

This might be just the things I'm looking for. (That, or the Razer Krait.)

5. 3870x2

3870x2

Thanks Received:
    wow, talk about reviving the dead....
    get a razor lachesis, the most expensive, but the best, i use one.
    Plan to get a G9 from circuit city for only $50!!!
    also have a M$ sidewinder...
    im a sucker for performance mice...
    css and warcraft 3 did that to me.

6. bramankp New Member

Thanks Received:
    Seriously? Are you trying to pad your posting count? That was one of the most irrelevant replies ever.

7. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    WHAAT?
    You have to 2 posts and you're offending a senior member?

8. bramankp New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, it only took 2 posts to figure out that when I said I didn't like extra buttons, and he/she replies, "try all these silly mice with extra buttons," that he/she didn't really bother reading mine and is completely irrelevant to my discussion.

9. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    Pretty much true :x
    I just didn't really think about it (what you said and what he replied.)

But stop necro-posting please :)

10. legends84

legends84

Thanks Received:
    hmm.. I intend to buy a new gaming mouse.. how does this compare to a deathadder?? Which one is better between salmosa and deathadder..

11. Sharada

Sharada New Member

Thanks Received:
    legends84, Deathadder and Salmosa are completely different in how you hold them - Salmosa is for finger grip and DA is for palm grip. Other Razer mice are something in the middle.

You might want to read this guide - http://www2.razerzone.com/MouseGuide/index.html

12. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    For $40 you may as well buy a Diamondback..

13. LittleLizard

LittleLizard

Thanks Received:
    finally, a gaming mice i can afford... if it ever reaches here :(