• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Synapse 2.0 causing problems with my BlackWidow Ultimate

SpecialAgentBob

The other day I got a new BlackWidow Ultimate to replace a keyboard that broke. I installed Razer Synapse 2.0 -- rather, I install the BlackWidow drivers from it because I already have an Original Deathadder -- and soon after installing this, I started to notice some problems. Upon logging in on Win 7, the password field will fill up with something random. I would have to unplug my keyboard, re-plug it in, to fix that issue. Also, the keyboard would randomly stop working. So once again, I would have to unplug, and re-plug it in. But, the keyboard wasn't done yet, the back-lights stopped working as well :banghead:. I thought my keyboard was dead, until I booted into my linux partition. Everything started working flawlessly. No random text in my password field, and no random stopping, and the backlights started to work again. So I went back to windows, and uninstalled Razer Synapse 2.0, and now, everything works great. Has anyone else had this experience? Is it because I am using two razer devices? Or is it just a bug on the programs part? I have tried re-installing Synapse a few times, and each time it does the same thing(s). Does anyone know of a fix, so that I can use the "proper" drivers for my mouse and keyboard, so I can access the options in there? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob.

System Name Desktop
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard MSI Z790 Tomahawk D4
Cooling Corsair XC7 Block / Corsair XG7 Block EK 360PE Radiator EK 120XE Radiator 5x EK Vadar Furious Fans
Memory 64GB Corsair Dominator DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio
Storage 1TB WD Black SN850 / 4TB Inland Premium / 8TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Alienware AW3821DW / ASUS TUF VG279QM
Case Lian-Li Dynamic 011 XL ROG
Audio Device(s) Razer Nommo Pro Speakers / Creative AE-9 w/ Beyerdynamic MMX 300
Power Supply EVGA P2 1200W Platinum
Mouse Razer Naga Pro
Keyboard Deathstalker Pro
I too was having problems with my blackwidow ultimate and the latest Synapse. There is some major issues with the software right now. My backlight will quit working all together if I install the software and most of the shortcut keys do not work at all.

I just leave the software off and use the keyboard as normal. For the mouse, once you get the settings you want on it and they are saved, the mouse should function the same on any computer you plug it into. I have a Razer Taipan.

The software before the Synapse suite was great and worked as intended. It was an update in the past 2 months that made the keyboard start going crazy. Razer only allows the latest version as far as I know.

If still possible try to see if you can install the individual drivers for each device. I do not know if Razer still allows for that or not, haven't checked the site in awhile.