• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

RBE detects bios as old wrongly

Hi there,
I have a laptop with a "PCI Express 1.0 x16: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2300 (FSC)" card which i want to mod the VGA bios. I extract the vga bios file but RBE cant load it it, it says:

"Older ATI BIOS detected. Please note that RBE supports Radeon HD 2xx0 and newer card's BIOSes only (i.e. no support for X1xx0,

Xxx0 or older cards).Please search the web for 'RaBiT', the BIOS editor for older Radeon cards and try it on your BIOS."

But it is 2xx0 bios right?
I've tried different version of RBE included the lastest 1.26 and olders, as well as different version of RaBit without any success. Could you help me?
I'm attaching the Vga bios file to let you inspect it. Thanks

Attachments

• vgabios.txt
    62.5 KB · Views: 675
System Name MRCOMP!
Processor 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI Gaming Plus
Cooling Corsair 280 AIO
Memory 64GB 3600mhz
Video Card(s) GTX3060
Storage 1TB SSD
Display(s) Samsung Neo
Case No Case... just sitting on cardboard :D
Power Supply Antec 650w
maybe its due to the the fact its a laptop vcard?

afaik, the video card and the bios are together or somthing like that and cannot be changed or extracted.

Yep, with laptop the VGA bios is integrated into system bios into the form of an option ROM. But you can extract oproms or directly get VGA bios using a tool like everest or other tool. My file is a real VGA bios from a laptop, but it seems like RBE encounters problem identify it for some reason.

Please, can you help me moding my laptop video card bios, i need try to undervolt it. Is there tool to undervolt live from windows for ATI cards?

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
The file you posted is a non-standard ATI video BIOS. Mobile BIOSes often violate several ATI standards, such as this one. That's why RBE does not officially support mobile BIOSes. Sorry, RBE can't help you in this case... :eek:

Damn, this means Ati violates it's own standard when it comes to mobile Vga chip, it's strange. Is there any chance to reverse engineering the format of mobile bios? And you mean officially RBE is not supporting those bios, but what about unofficially?

BAGZZlash

RBE Author
Unofficially some mobile BIOSes may work, but it's not guaranteed.