• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ready to flash....???

Fulano

Hi..!!
I purchased two Powercolor AX4870 512MD5 on different dates.
The BIOSes are the same version but different setups, also one of then, the new one don't give me "manual fan control" in CCC. the oldest one is OK
I want to flash them to fix this problem but I'm not sure if this is hardware related (each one has three wires fan) or BIOS related..??
But most important because I want to go 800/975 also this CF is hot and hell I want to fix the fan speed require for my needs.
Here you'll find three files two of then are original BIOSes (010509, 100608) the other is the modified BIOS I want to flash.
Q- I want to take the BIOS that "manual fan control" work (100608) to flash both carts... is it ok...??
Q- I took the volts values of the other BIOS (010509) even if are the same values and "Enable superior powerplay" is ON...??? I want powerplay
Q- I use "increase overdrive limit" method 1 Hash... to have room in CCC but I want 800/975...???

Any way your help we'll be appreciated
Thanks..

Attachments

• bois.zip
    131.4 KB · Views: 216

Zíon

I'm going to try to help you.
Powercolor non reference cards afaik do not having fan control.

1- As long as the cards are physically the same, flashing should be OK.
2- OK
3- OK, you'll have 990/1200

Fulano

This are the cards
http://www.powercolor.com/eng/products_features.asp?ProductID=4828
http://www.powercolor.com/eng/products_features.asp?ProductID=5878
Same card but Stalker Edition, the main deference between original BIOSes are volts parameters and "Heardware spec string"

And This is the difference in CCC

Then one has fan control the other hasn't..?? actually I use Rivatuner to test O/C..

2-Powerplay wouldn't be to useful because all volts values are the same...?? as in original BIOS 010509 but powerplay is enable...

3-So.. in CCC it'll be 990/1200 room but the cards it'll be O/C to 800/975 or 800/1100..?? (default)..??

Last edited:

Zíon

Oh sorry, I meant RPM monitoring, fan control should still work.

2- I guess that even if you choose different values, voltage will stay the same. You have to check using ATT first (and a multimeter).

3- The cards will default to 800/975.