• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Real Temp crashes Windows 10

alahmed

Hello

I am a new here and I need help please.

I have noticed that disabling Turbo Boost by Real Temp is crashing the system after the last update of windows 10.

before the last update that function was working perfectly without any issue.

after getting windows last updates which was yesterday and after restarting my system , and tried disabling turbo boost by real temp as I used to do , my system crashed.

I thought it was just an error, but every time I try that scenario, my system crashes.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/uh621yram9g59zl/DSC_0090.JPG#

my computer is Lenovo Y700 , intel I7 6700HQ

Attachments

• DSC_0090.JPG
    DSC_0090.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 631

Reptyle

I too am having this problem. it seems to occur when the power settings are set to low power settings, with no turbo.. it works fine with high performance. It just started with the last update.
My computer is a :
HP ENVY dv7
i7-3820qm cpu 2.70 Ghz
Win 10 Pro v.1607

Last edited:
System Name Americas cure is the death of Social Justice & Political Correctness
Processor i7-11700K
Motherboard Asrock Z590 Extreme wifi 6E
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB Corsair RGB fancy boi 5000
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 Reference
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1Tb + Samsung 970 Evo 500Gb
Display(s) Dell - 27" LED QHD G-SYNC x2
Case Fractal Design Meshify-C
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ Gold 1000 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502 spectrum
Keyboard AZIO MGK-1 RGB (Kaith Blue)
Software Win 10 Professional 64 bit
Benchmark Scores the MLGeesiest
Are you an insider member? Because you can certainly expect several instabilities if that's the case, quite frankly you can expect instabilities if it's not the case as well. Malwarebites crashes windows 10 for a lot of users Also, along with several other programs
Give it 24 hours, hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chime in

@unclewebb

fullinfusion

Vanguard Beta Tester
OMG 2 noobs, at the same time, lol j/k and welcome to TPU... I have a suggestion, Leave the shit alone in real temp... Its an older program.

If you want to disable shit and have no issues use the BIOS :pimp:

Plus under your profile page fill in your system spec's. Makes things so much easier for members to help :p

Reptyle

I believe that the issue here was that Real Temp now crashes win 10, whereas it did not before the newest update(1607). I use this laptop for many things, but gaming is one of them. I like to turn off turbo temporarily when I do. It keeps my computer much cooler. I don't want to go into bios (UEFI) every time to change it. I'm not sure what more info you need about my computer to help.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
What build are you on, exactly? I;m fully updated and it doesn't crash W10...

also on high performance.,.. let me check low..

EDIT: Switched to power save... works still.. same with balanced.

rt1.jpg

Reptyle

Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3206632)

How about more detailed than that... there have been updates since the base 1607 anniversary update. See my screenshot.

Maybe I dont understand... talking about the build #... sorry. Does that make a difference?

Reptyle

Not sure I know what you mean. Does this help?

Attachments

• HPlt.PNG
    HPlt.PNG
    16.5 KB · Views: 473
We have the same build...

I can't reproduce this by changing the power plans off high performance to either of the other options.

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
If you want to disable turbo boost, go into the Control Panel - Power Options and set your Maximum processor state to 99%. If this works, create a copy of your High Performance profile with this set to 99% and call it No Turbo or whatever you like. That way you can easily disable Turbo while in Windows without having to reboot.

Not sure what Microsoft has done with the latest update. It might be a while before I install this update or try to troubleshoot this problem.

Reptyle

We have the same build...
I can't reproduce this by changing the power plans off high performance to either of the other options.

Mine on reboot changes to energy star. If i disable turbo it crashes immediately. if i go into power management and select High performance it is fine. I guess that I need to find out is why it is changing to energy star and not staying in hi performance on boot.

Reptyle

If you want to disable turbo boost, go into the Control Panel - Power Options and set your Maximum processor state to 99%. If this works, create a copy of your High Performance profile with this set to 99% and call it No Turbo or whatever you like. That way you can easily disable Turbo while in Windows without having to reboot.

Not sure what Microsoft has done with the latest update. It might be a while before I install this update or try to troubleshoot this problem.
I have that set to 98% it seems to have no bearing on turbo.

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
I have both the Minimum and Maximum set to 99% in an earlier version of Windows 10 and this is an alternate method to disable turbo boost. Make sure both are set below 100%.

The 4700MQ has a max turbo multi of 36 and a default multi of 24.

Last edited:

Reptyle

I have both the Minimum and Maximum set to 99% in an earlier version of Windows 10 and this is an alternate method to disable turbo boost. Make sure both are set below 100%.

The 4700MQ has a max turbo multi of 36 and a default multi of 24.

I uninstalled the last update - KB3206632 and reinstaled it. Everything seems to be ok now. It has not crashed yet, and I tried to make it.

Last edited:

Reptyle

I uninstalled the last update - KB3206632 and reinstaled it. Everything seems to be ok now. It has not crashed yet, and I tried to make it.
Still crashing, I will have to investigate further.