• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

System Name Snk3 PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.7GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 3
Cooling CM Hyper H410R
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport AT Gray 2x8GB 2666MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
Storage Crucial BX500 SSD 240GB + Western Digital HDD 3TB + XrayDisk NVME 256GB
Display(s) TCL 40S6500FS
Case Sharkoon TG5 Red
Audio Device(s) Logitech G933 AS Snow + OneOdio A71 + Samsung HT-C550
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Mouse Logitech G603 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213 Prodigy
Software Windows 10 PRO 21H1
Driver from this post
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...ital-live-dts-interactive.228612/post-3994662

Installed correct,but after install device manager show generic hd audio and speakers/spdif doesnt apear in sound cp.

Same here. My installation process got some errors but at the first try it worked, then I managed to test some others versions of this driver and now this last version is not working, same issue as you.

I just want to DDL for optical connection, and with some drivers it works, but the headphone audio stays unbalanced to the right side, really annoying.

Last edited:
Do you need only an EQ? or anything else?
Nothing else. Just the old Realtek control panel. Has to be an old driver.

Realtek-HD-Audio-Manager-Sound-Effects.png

Driver from this post
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...ital-live-dts-interactive.228612/post-3994662

Installed correct,but after install device manager show generic hd audio and speakers/spdif doesnt apear in sound cp.
No luck for me. I only got this.
Screenshot.jpg

Le_Rane

Last edited:
Bro saw u have maybe some of my problems. The only driver work for me I'll upload on google drive. Don't remember when I download it from here, but hope it'll help
Thanks a lot. It's closer, but still does not work. The SounzReal do not work, and Creative Connect does not recognize my device. I have asked @Alan Finote for help because it seems that he packaged this driver, but he cannot figure it out either. Not even @Dj Urko has replied to my query, so I think I need to give up :(

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Thanks a lot. It's closer, but still does not work. The SounzReal do not work, and Creative Connect does not recognize my device. I have asked @Alan Finote for help because it seems that he packaged this driver, but he cannot figure it out either. Not even @Dj Urko has replied to my query, so I think I need to give up :(
Try APO driver.
Use your stock realtek driver for all procedures.
Install APO Driver without any options; we are going to try some things with FX configurator (start menu-APO Driver-Fx Conf..)
Open it and see whether the active endpoint is listed in the top window. If the wrong endpoint is selected, select the proper one.
See whether the left window display this:
1550730112719.png

If it is not displayed, you have a simple problem: realtek effects are not being applied.
Open product config tool in the right window and apply realtek system effects - hda.
Check sound control panel->realtek hd device (or similar name for your device) ->enhancements tab.
You will find an EQ there.
If is is similar, you have a bigger problem: realtek disabled EQ completly for your device.
APO driver can be used to install a specific APO. Do report if there is still problem or if an APO needs to be installed, and I or someone else shall try to help you.

Try APO driver.
Install APO Driver without any options; we are going to try some things with FX configurator (start menu-APO Driver-Fx Conf..)
Open it and see whether the active endpoint is listed in the top window. If the wrong endpoint is selected, select the proper one.
View attachment 117057
If it is not displayed, you have a simple problem: realtek effects are not being applied.
Open product config tool in the right window and apply realtek system effects - hda.
Check sound control panel->realtek hd device (or similar name for your device) ->enhancements tab.
If is is similar, you have a bigger problem: realtek disabled EQ completly for your device.
APO driver can be used to install a specific APO. Do report if there is still problem or if an APO needs to be installed, and I or someone else shall try to help you.
First question: where do I find this APO driver and any other software you are mentioning? My system is Win10 x64. Chip is ALC298.

Last edited:

dpg

@Alan Finote ,
How are you,I hope and pray OK.
I am waiting for DTS HEADPHONE X & DOLBY HP.
I presume you must be Busy with your work.
Anyway I will wait for your New creation.
Thanks

Last edited:
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM

gunny2k6

NEW REALTEK DRIVERPACKS RELEASED
VERSION 6.0.1.8631

• TURTLE BEACH EFFECTS WITH DTS HEADPHONE:X CUSTOM
  • DOLBY HEADPHONE
  • NO CREATIVE CHAINING (DAISYWRAP)
  • DOLBY DIGITAL LIVE (5.1 SURROUND)
  • DTS INTERACTIVE (5.1 SURROUND)

LINK TO DOWNLOAD

GOOD RESORT!!!!!!!!!

i Tried your driver on my Asus MAXIMUS VII GENE Realtek 1150 driver installed fine .. creative software installed fine too... even the Dolby Digital Home Theatre installed .... HOWEVER .. it fails to produce any sound out the Optical port and i cannot see DTS Interactive or Dolby as selectable as audio output ...seems it was stuck as the lowest 16 bit CD output and even clicking windows test tone was just greeted with windows failed to play test tone error.

with that said this is the first driver i have managed to get to actually install since asus own beta driver like 7993 ...even official drivers and windows 10 upgrade process normally bluescreen with rtkvhd64.dll/.sys and i have to install/upgrade with just generic High Def Audio driver .. Keep up the good work thou :) only driver that seems to work but locked out of things is ASUS 7969_PG452_HDAudio

Last edited:

ifpmaximus34

alan fione how can i have only amplifying level without any of the effects of stuff like dobly etc,even when i disable all effect there is somthing in background on always?

Last edited:
alan fione how can i have only amplifying level without any of the effects of stuff like dobly etc,even when i disable all effect there is somthing in background on always?
It simple,get a DAC.

@ Juggler
1.Go to C/Windows/System 32 / Drivers and find rtkhdaud.dat and delete it.
2.Dl DDU and completly remove realtek driver with it
3.after that restart and install again driver which i posted

ifpmaximus34

i fixed it myself,deleted some registry of hidden stuff that are active like srslabs,intelsss,dtsapo,dolby,a-volume,nahimic even tho i pressed no at begining of installaion it still installed them,now it dosent add strange effect,can use amplification without the effects,i think alan has to update to disable the hidden stuff many are passive active causing strange sounding that cant be disabled without removing reg keys.Also its true i need a dacamp combo,but this was last try,tho the amplification does nothing to increase volume the extreme setting is the already max my onboard audio can do,but can decrease it which is useless in my case,at least i tryed it and found bugs which alan can fix for other users.

Alan Finote Thank You!! Can you make driver All In One - Asus Sonic Studio DTS Dolby Harman DTS Ultra PC Sonic Sound Headphone Enhacer Samsung FX Alienware Sound Center Waves MaxxAudio Pro For Dell 2019 Spatial Sound Card QSound Boom 3D
TURTLE BEACH EFFECTS WITH DTS HEADPHONE:X CUSTOM
DOLBY HEADPHONE
SOUNZREALEXP / VOIZREALEXP
DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS
SOUND BLASTERX 720°
Please

Le_Rane

I was able to deal with my problem, I finally installed the latest version. But unfortunately in games the sound wheezes and stutters. Maybe smb can help with it?

It simple,get a DAC.

@ Juggler
1.Go to C/Windows/System 32 / Drivers and find rtkhdaud.dat and delete it.
2.Dl DDU and completly remove realtek driver with it
3.after that restart and install again driver which i posted
@Aleksandar012 No luck unfortunately. Driver error during install (error -0001).

Try APO driver.
View attachment 117057
The property field is missing.
Screenshot.jpg

@Alan Finote @Aleksandar012 @Dj Urko Can you help please? You are the experts :)

Last edited:
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Add this in property field:
Code:
{6861CFDC-0461-49d5-A8DF-BE5ACD02692F}
Click "apply effect & processing mode configurations"
Then Restart Windows Audio Service.
You should find the enhancement tab now.
@CityCultivator Nothing. Note that the Audio Manager is completely absent from the Windows Control Panel.
Screenshot.jpg

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Ok. Now Option 2 must be used: Install an APO.What do you like?
APO with EQ that I know:
Equaliser APO
Dolby APOs
Soundblaster APOs
What would you like?
It would be nice to get Dolby with an equalizer. Otherwise just a plain, simple equalizer will do. No fancy stuff like Creative Connect 2. I don't play any games at all.

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
Alan Finote Thank You!! Can you make driver All In One - Asus Sonic Studio DTS Dolby Harman DTS Ultra PC Sonic Sound Headphone Enhacer Samsung FX Alienware Sound Center Waves MaxxAudio Pro For Dell 2019 Spatial Sound Card QSound Boom 3D
TURTLE BEACH EFFECTS WITH DTS HEADPHONE:X CUSTOM
DOLBY HEADPHONE
SOUNZREALEXP / VOIZREALEXP
DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS
SOUND BLASTERX 720°
Please

Or even better: Try to integrate a Switch to enable Dolby or DTS full Enhancements over the selected Output-Mode. In Example, I can't set in my TosLink-Output Dolby Digital AND Dolby Atmos for Headphones at the same time ;-( Only yesterday by randomly Time I've reached this Result, so my AVR could spread the Music's Sound to all 7.1 Speakers around... Now I tried to reach the same Effect again, without Success... ;-(

An additional Problem-Case: As I got last Weekend to setup my PC new, with a Clean Install, I could see/hear, that the analogue 7.1 Audio-Output rans with generic MS-Standard-Audio-Driver in full range of all 8 Speakers by selected Passthrough on AVR. Afterwards the Realtek Driver-Setup, the Center/Subwoofer-Jack (orange) & the Side-Surround-Jack (grey) on my ALC892 are shown as faded out in the HD-Audio-Manager, they're also seems to be disconnected, in Case, as they're really plugged correctly in...

Who can help me please? The Cables (Stereo-RCA/Stereo-Jack x4) are new from Shop

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
It would be nice to get Dolby with an equalizer. Otherwise just a plain, simple equalizer will do. No fancy stuff like Creative Connect 2. I don't play any games at all.
Try Dolby Digital Plus.
Go to start menu->APO driver->maintainence driver
Add Dolby DS1 and install.
Go to Fx Configurator.
Click Product config tool; select Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater Analog
Install this.
Open Dolby Digital Plus in start menu->dolby
Play audio then configure a proper EQ in the clickable Frequency spectrum window.

Try Dolby Digital Plus.
Go to Fx Configurator.
Install this.
Play audio then configure a proper EQ in the clickable Frequency spectrum window.
Try Dolby Digital Plus.
Go to Fx Configurator.
Install this.
You are a king! :) Everything seems to be working, so thanks for that! Now for the last thing. Can I apply the same process to any version of the Realtek driver? And any other APO add-on? And is there a way of automating the whole process by packaging the mix of drivers into a single install? Thanks once again! It has been nearly 2 months of failing experiments :)

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
You are a king! :) Everything seems to be working, so thanks for that! Now for the last thing. Can I apply the same process to any version of the Realtek driver? And any other APO add-on? And is there a way of automating the whole process by packaging the mix of drivers into a single install? Thanks once again! It has been nearly 2 months of failing experiments :)
Dolby Digital Plus is one of the easiest to apply; this is why I proposed you with DDP.
This procedure works with everything, including USB audios, soundcards, etc.
Drivers are in APO driver; control app is separate.

Dolby Digital Plus is one of the easiest to apply; this is why I proposed you with DDP.
This procedure works with everything, including USB audios, soundcards, etc.
Drivers are in APO driver; control app is separate.
OK I understand. So it's not possible to package all the different installs into one single package? If that's the case, no problem. I will write down all the steps and keep all install files in a folder with the instructions.

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
@Alan Finote
It's time to make the process of installation of APOs selectable. Not everyone needs all APOs available in this world at the same time. Conflict bugs can arise with so many APOs.

Edit: Also each APO increase latency. High latency: Crappy experience in games.
This is possible but will require a lot of time.