• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

hahagu

Give information about your system, such as Windows version, Realtek chip in PC, etc.
If possible, take a picture of the BSOD and post it.

Computer Model: Dell Inspiron 7567
Windows: Windows 10 Pro - Build 1903
Audio Hardware ID: INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0256&SUBSYS_10280798&REV_1000
BSOD Error: system_thread_exception_not_handled RTKVHD64.sys

This is all the info you requested.
Thanks in advance.

Give information about your system, such as Windows version, Realtek chip in PC, etc.
If possible, take a picture of the BSOD and post it.

I also have a BSOD problem
Notebook Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G
Windows 10 version 1809 17763.437 Home 64-BIT
Chip Realtek ALC255
ID:
INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0255&SUBSYS_10251193&REV_1000
INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0255&SUBSYS_10251193

soulfighterX

Latest driver and the previous one causes MB5 to have only headphones in advanced settings. Same thing, even after uninstalling the mods and using modded stock driver along with a different MB5 version. OS: Windows 10 1803
Untitled.png

Last edited:

Fonetic

NEW REALTEK DRIVERPACKS RELEASED
DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.1.8678
DRIVER SIGNED WITH NEW CERTIFICATE
SOUND BLASTER X-FI MB5
DTS AUDIO
DOLBY DIGITAL LIVE OR DTS INTERACTIVE (5.1 SURROUND) (CHOOSE YOUR OPTION DURING INSTALLATION)
A-VOLUTE NAHIMIC 3
VIA HD AUDIO EFFECTS
LESS ENHANCEMENTS FOR BALANCE BETWEEN AUDIO QUALITY AND LATENCY ON YOUR PC.
ENJOY IT!!!!!

Hey Alan, for first thanks for this great mod, but i got problem with him, i hope You help me with this.
I got MSI GL62 6QD laptop i install Your mod with Nahimic 3 and Dolby, when i connect headphones music play in headphones and also in laptop speakers, when i connect headphones i got popup from realtek there was connect device but on any list is not visible only speakers.
Bez tytułu.png

I know problem. Old Build too not work. Trouble is in new Windows 10 Build LTSC! On Windows 10 old builds and LTSB 2016 all works fine!

lilium.kaiah

NEW REALTEK DRIVERPACKS RELEASED
DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.1.8678
DRIVER SIGNED WITH NEW CERTIFICATE

Absolut nothing is working correct on Asus Maximus V Formula (Realtec 898).
Have a 5.1 analog setup ....
Test with realtek HD Manager ...
Signal on surround-back -> it came clear on the Frontout and on the Subout and not of the backside!
Signal on the front -> only a very bad hall
Signal on centre -> bad hall and very loud
Signal on Sub -> only a clear and normal loud signal on the center speaker.

on the connection redistribution i can only config the green input, black and yellow are activ but no popup to do do a config

in the DTS Audio App i can do nothing no button works, not even finish it.

X-FI 5 Software -> Scout Mode, key binding not working. I click a key, it is one sec in the in the input field and is then gone
SBX pro Studio -> Bass + Dialog Plus allways greyed out
Voice FX complete greyed out
EAX-Effekts greyed out

On Nahimic App i can activate in the audio section the points but in test i hear nothing!

Last edited:
NEW REALTEK DRIVERS RELEASED
VERSION 6.0.1.8603 - HDA

@TheLostSwede @erpguy53 TRY THIS
Realtek Fixed Control Panel. Classic Panel instead of the Manufacturer panel.

The proof is this post of @Aleksandar012
- "I also now have Realtek Control Panel instead of Asus."

GOOD RESORT

hi everyone

since the links no longer works can someone create a new one for DRIVERPACK #1 - WITH DOLBY PCEEv4 HOME THEATER please?
i was messing with new drivers (didn't work as i planned), and i want to revert back to that one.
thanks

you can create you own with WHQL drivers, while you wait for them to create their next versions. I would suggest 8688 WHQL (has best bass and overall sound) then use fx configurator to add on Dolby Theater V4 or Dolby Digital Plus. You wont get Nahimic but then that has a huge well-known bug that causes crazy cpu spikes

Yo Mismo

Dear Alan and all.

Thanks for the contributions. It makes possible to get back to have Dolby sound on our Windows 10 systems.

I still have 5.1 issues with latest drivers 6.0.1.8678. I have a dolby 5.1 surround system connected to optical SPIDF output. Although on Realtek Properties window "DTS Audio" and "Dolby Digital" are playing rear speakers, I cannot hear them playing dolby movies or playing games. I have checked with both Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive installations (on both installations, I didn't include any audio enhancer but just DTS connect). Am I missing something?

My computer is a customized AsRock Steel Legend B450
Windows 10 Version 1809 Build 17763.475 Pro 64-BIT
Chip Realtek ALC892 (supposed to be 7.1!) Nichicon Fine Gold Series Audio Caps
ID:
INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_18497893&REV_1003
INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_18497893

Thanks!

is there any tutorial to create your own drivers with WHQL drivers?

It is not really create your own drivers, but rather install WHQL drivers then use FX configurator to modify it to add Dolby Theater 4 or DDP or something else on the list. From the drop down menu select each and every [ACTIVE] endpoints show then select product catalog button and select what you want. Do that for every end point. Dolby Theater 4 will give you the loudness for all frequencies while Dolby Digital Plus will give you maximum bass but you lose the mid and high frequencies.

You need to install FX configurator first, along with the drivers you want. In the part of the menu read it carefully it says pick one of the ones from below as in don't install all of it. You need only the dolby stuff.

If you screw up don't worry, go to device manager of windows and uninstall your Realtek from Sound category (don't check the uninstall driver]. Then right click and tell it to check for changes and it'll reinstall Realtek defaults for driver and you can start over.

As for the Dolby Theater 4 or DDP programs, you can install those from one of the sound packages here in this forum. The only one that matters is the Dolby Digital Plus application which will add another layer of sound on top of DDP that is enabled in the sound driver once you enable that with FX configurator. The Dolby Theater 4 program 99.99% of people wont use unless they want to change the equalizers.

If you're looking for the ability to change from Dolby Digital Live to DTS, you cant. You will need a driver specially created for this. The WHQL drivers has one or the other and no way of changing it. The newer drivers seem to just say Dolby Digital without saying which of the 2 it is.

Yo Mismo

Dear Alan and all.

Thanks for the contributions. It makes possible to get back to have Dolby sound on our Windows 10 systems.

I still have 5.1 issues with latest drivers 6.0.1.8678. I have a dolby 5.1 surround system connected to optical SPIDF output. Although on Realtek Properties window "DTS Audio" and "Dolby Digital" are playing rear speakers, I cannot hear them playing dolby movies or playing games. I have checked with both Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive installations (on both installations, I didn't include any audio enhancer but just DTS connect). Am I missing something?

My computer is a customized AsRock Steel Legend B450
Windows 10 Version 1809 Build 17763.475 Pro 64-BIT
Chip Realtek ALC892 (supposed to be 7.1!) Nichicon Fine Gold Series Audio Caps
ID:
INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_18497893&REV_1003
INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_18497893

Thanks!

I want to make an update. Alan's MOD driver together with this XAudio fix (http://kiplange.com/how-to-get-dolby-digital-livedts-connect-working-in-most-steam-games/) made 5.1 true on SPDIF optical output for 5.1 content. (Although the fix is replacing several files, I have the feeling it is just C:\windows\system32\xaudio2_7.dll the one that did the magic). Sadly, it is a buggy solution.

However, I miss a DDL signed application to convert stereo audio to 5.1 :(. How shall it be done under this context?

Thanks!

System Name Not that much but...
Processor Intel I7 3770 @ 3.4GHZ
Motherboard PEGATRON IPMSB-VH1/HDMI/ODM
Cooling Default Case Air Cooling System
Memory 8GB DDR3
Video Card(s) AMD 260X 2GB
Storage 1.2TB
Display(s) Samsung KU6000 50"
Case Thermaltake Romeo Xaser
Audio Device(s) ALC662
Power Supply Seventeam ST-550BAZ
Mouse Logitech G300
Keyboard Wireless Microsoft 3000
Software Windows 10 1809
For those who can't find the download link, there's a Repo published by @Alan Finote in his profile. I've installed the latest version and it's working stable and HI-FI!

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
I want to make an update. Alan's MOD driver together with this XAudio fix (http://kiplange.com/how-to-get-dolby-digital-livedts-connect-working-in-most-steam-games/) made 5.1 true on SPDIF optical output for 5.1 content. (Although the fix is replacing several files, I have the feeling it is just C:\windows\system32\xaudio2_7.dll the one that did the magic). Sadly, it is a buggy solution.

However, I miss a DDL signed application to convert stereo audio to 5.1 :(. How shall it be done under this context?

Thanks!

the Xaudio problem is a Microsoft problem (not a Realtek problem). MS never bothered to add 5.1 surround support for Xaudio in any version of Windows.

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
For those who can't find the download link, there's a Repo published by @Alan Finote in his profile. I've installed the latest version and it's working stable and HI-FI!

thanks for the link

I was able to download 8678 from there, however after installing Alan's 8678 mod on my old HP pavilion media center m8417c desktop pc running Win10 LTSC 2019 (v1809), the Realtek Sound Effect options (equalizer/EQ & environment) in the Realtek HD Audio Manager are not there anymore.

also when installing his mod, why do users have to choose between the Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive "encoding" options? how about selecting both of them or none at all? Installer/setup needs further improvement to select one, all or none of the encoder options (note that DTS Interactive does not work or not supported on laptop based Realtek ALC26x audio chips like ALC260/262/268/269) Also the mods include an oudated version of the DTS Audio app (v1.0.60.0). latest version of DTS Audio app is v1.0.79.0 that I found from ASUS's web site in mid-2018, which support newer models, especially for ASUS gaming laptops that do support DTS audio.

I've uninstalled Alan's latest realtek mod and have gone back to using stock Realtek audio drivers w/ SRS sound on my HP computer, which have the EQ & environment options listed in the Realtek HD Audio Manager control panel along with the SRS Premium sound tab to launch a separate SRS audio app.

System Name Diogo Silva
Processor Intel Core i5 9º Gen 9600KF Processor
Motherboard Asus TUF B360-Pro Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX3i
Memory 2x8 Kingston HyperX KHX2400C12D4
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX2060 Gaming 6G
Storage WD WDS500G2B0B Blue 3D SATA M.2 500GB + Toshiba HDD 2Tb
Display(s) Samsung Curved Monitor 27 Pol.
Case Cooler Master N300
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 with Sound BlasterX 720 to Yamaha RV-X 361 Amplifier
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W 80PLUS Gold
Mouse Asus ROG Pugio II Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
Software Windows 10 Home Single Language (PT-PT) x64
Yaaaaaaa, I got install the UAD Driver in my Realtek ALC883 Codec, with Realtek Audio Console + Sound BlasterX 720º, BUT ONLY IN STEREO OUTPUT :mad::mad::mad::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
How can I upmix to Output 5.1 Surround?
Besides that, the Realtek Audio Console is very beautiful in my opinion of corse :love::love::love:.
The version of the Driver is 6.0.8699.1, the last one.
C'on I need help. ;)
Thank you.

not absolutely sure because I never had UAD working on my 892 and still dont know if it can work with it. But I will say this - some drivers will require the APO Driver (fx configurator) installed along with the dolby checked inside it before 5.1 is active. If it isn't installed and the driver doesnt install it by default then you got only 2 speakers to choose from.

System Name Diogo Silva
Processor Intel Core i5 9º Gen 9600KF Processor
Motherboard Asus TUF B360-Pro Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX3i
Memory 2x8 Kingston HyperX KHX2400C12D4
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX2060 Gaming 6G
Storage WD WDS500G2B0B Blue 3D SATA M.2 500GB + Toshiba HDD 2Tb
Display(s) Samsung Curved Monitor 27 Pol.
Case Cooler Master N300
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 with Sound BlasterX 720 to Yamaha RV-X 361 Amplifier
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W 80PLUS Gold
Mouse Asus ROG Pugio II Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
Software Windows 10 Home Single Language (PT-PT) x64
not absolutely sure because I never had UAD working on my 892 and still dont know if it can work with it. But I will say this - some drivers will require the APO Driver (fx configurator) installed along with the dolby checked inside it before 5.1 is active. If it isn't installed and the driver doesnt install it by default then you got only 2 speakers to choose from.
I have the APO Driver and the Program FX Configurator.
I can't make these changes?
After instal the Mod mine config stayed like in image.