• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

DTS Sound Unbound is not licensed for me, am I suppose to purchase one if I want to use it?
Disable auto updates from Microsoft Store, and after that use the modded driver.
Also is a good idea to disable driver updates when Windows download system updates, because eventually it will override Alan driver (This was happening a lot to me, Windows was deleting AAF driver and downloading/installing some driver from 2019)

how to enable Sonic Studio 3 in combination of DTS X:ultra
i am using Ferather's DTS DCH Driver for Realtek [DTS:X] and when i tried to configure SS3 as multiple APO using FX configurator i lost sound from my audio output.
can any body help me pls i know AAF mods do all this but for some reason newest driver wont work on my system as the APO APPS don't have any effect.
pls someone help me

System Name Roku
Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard MSI VHD PRO MAX
Cooling Cryorig H7
Memory G.Skill Sniper X 16 GB
Video Card(s) Galax 2060 Super 1-Click OC
Storage ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Acer VG252Q
Audio Device(s) Realtek
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX 650W
Mouse Logitech G102
Keyboard Phantom RGB
Software Windows 10 Pro
Disable auto updates from Microsoft Store, and after that use the modded driver.
Also is a good idea to disable driver updates when Windows download system updates, because eventually it will override Alan driver (This was happening a lot to me, Windows was deleting AAF driver and downloading/installing some driver from 2019)
Thanks, I have disabled auto updates and will reinstall again.

I followed this guide to disable driver updates: https://www.minitool.com/news/enable-disable-automatic-driver-updates-windows-11.html

(Edit: reinstalled, DTS:X still doesn't work and Unbound calling for licence, but anyway I think it's good enough to have Dolby Atmos and Sound Blaster Connect 2)

Last edited:
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
Thanks, I have disabled auto updates and will reinstall again.

I followed this guide to disable driver updates: https://www.minitool.com/news/enable-disable-automatic-driver-updates-windows-11.html

(Edit: reinstalled, DTS:X still doesn't work and Unbound calling for licence, but anyway I think it's good enough to have Dolby Atmos and Sound Blaster Connect 2)

disconnect from internet while removing or installing Alan's modded driver (always install his driver with no active internet connection)

as for DTS:X, it only works with most digital audio out (aka SPDIF) connections; won't work with analog speaker connections unless DTS themselves provided specific config/preset files which are very unique to different manufacturers

edit - I'll wait until Alan F updates the modded HD audio driver portion to 6.0.9341.1 since this guy recently updated his Asus drivers to 9341.

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF DCH Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN MEDIAFIRE
HD AUDIO DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9341.1
USB AUDIO DRIVER VERSION 6.3.9600.2311
MORE DETAILS IN 1st PAGE

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "AAF Optimus", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD) and deselect the rest.
Don't forget to go to the "Changes" button to check the changes of the latest version. :toast:

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

Beast_Master

HD AUDIO DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9341.1
MORE DETAILS IN 1st PAGE

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "AAF Optimus", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD) and deselect the rest.
Don't forget to go to the "Changes" button to check the changes of the latest version. :toast:

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!
Hi @AAF Optimus ,

unfortunately, the new driver also has problems with ALC4080 on my ASUS Z-590f motherboard.

Now it plays sounds, but only in stereo mode. Sound blaster connect doesn't give me 5.1 surround and I've noticed that Dolby Atmos doesn't work at all. Realtek Audio Console still isn't working.

I've reverted back to the driver from April 2022.

Turboguide

hello,
thanks for your effords.
i've changed my mainboard to gigabyte aorus b550 pro-p and upgraded my windows 10 to patch level 21H2.
My Asrock B450 Steel legend was damaged because of a power outage.
I can not get the following hardware id's to change to dts or ddl anymore.
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0B00&SUBSYS_1458A0CF&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0B00&SUBSYS_1458A0CF
It stays Stereo sound.
My Yamaha V375 tells me: PCM 2/0/0.

i tried now several drivers but nothing works for me.

I don't know if it's just me but when I record something in audacity with "Stereo Mix" and i open microsoft edge or any other application I have micro cuts in the recording, did not have this problem before, Did the same thing happen to anyone?

Hi @AAF Optimus! I got another question, sorry for asking so much but im really curious about this mods xD Soundblaster 720 from your mods dont make any surround virtualization on headphones when setting 5.1, headphone mode and tuning the "immersion" setting. It gives some surround effect every channel get downmix to left or right only without any positioning. Currently using Xfi MB5 which can do that. Xfi MB3 can do it too. Is this some limitation from x720? Curiously the effect in 720 is named "immersion" while in Xfi versions is named "surround". Browsing one of your old threads if found one 720 mod with the control from XAE5 which have the same "surround" name in the effect instead of "immersion" i wonder if because can do the same HRTF downmixing is named diferently. I didnt test that mod yet, im just wondering because your driver is whql signed and the others are not. I really want to know if there is a workaround or cant be done with the 720 in your mod. From all sound mods, the SoundBlaster sounds best in my old system and a i really want to keep using the same method. Thanks for your hard work! :D PD: Which difference between 360 and 720?

Last edited:
System Name Acer Aspire E5-475G
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U @ 2.50GHz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce 940MX,Intel HD Graphics 620
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC255
Software Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview
can install dts:x ultra without dts sound unbound because i already purchased dts:x for headphone?

hmm i think driver not support for my dongle dac (i use usb dac jcally jm04)

Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
HD AUDIO DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9344.1
MORE DETAILS IN 1st PAGE

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

System Name Acer Aspire E5-475G
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U @ 2.50GHz
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce 940MX,Intel HD Graphics 620
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC255
Software Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview
i tried new driver still cant installed modded driver to dac dongle (alc5686) and here my hardware id

Last edited:

Beast_Master

HD AUDIO DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9344.1
MORE DETAILS IN 1st PAGE

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!
Hi @AAF Optimus ,

the Realtek Audio Console now works and the speaker fill option is available. Unfortunately, Dolby Atmos still doesn't work.

Also, I have discovered that the speaker fill option doesn't work if I install DTS sound unbound.

So, basically I've installed 5.1 digital audio feature, Sonic studio III and Realtek controller only. I can get 5.1 surround with speaker fill using this installation.

And yes, for some reason SB Connect 2 doesn't work if Dolby and/or DTS are not installed, so I skipped it also.

Since my primary concern was getting 5.1 surround audio (there was no speaker fill option with the original Realtek drivers), I will keep on using this version for now.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-28 110556.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-28 110556.png
    128.9 KB · Views: 294
  • Screenshot 2022-05-28 110633.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-28 110633.png
    29.8 KB · Views: 268
  • Screenshot 2022-05-28 122603.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-28 122603.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 259
Hey Alan! Sorry I have not posted in ages, mostly because I am enjoying unparalleled stability using the old school drivers and Dolby Atmos. But I have a new wrinkle and after reading some posts here it looks like now is the perfect time to break everything. I plug my headset into my denon receiver with a 1/4" jack and it actually sounds awesome. Even playing games online whether its 7.1 speakers or headset I can hear footsteps behind me well enough. My front panel headset jacks are messed up so i just setup rear jacks but not sure its "headset" mixed. Not a concern but I would like to try to get Greative to play nice.

Soundblaster 720 is still the best for multiplayer games I know (but if there are better or equal alternatives lmk plz)

So maybe a clean install and a new attempt to run KGA config AFTER uninstalling everything and doing a full clean before install.

Not sure what your opinion on DDU driver cleaner is but its related to drivestore with focus on graphics drivers. They have added Realtek audio and Soundblaster reg cleaning too. I use it and it seems like nothing gets ALL the Creative/Nahamic etc.USB/HDMI audio drivers are often plug-n-play so they have pretty immediate system level driver access. I would like to see how new drivers do unless you think my Windows 8 grade PC with ALC892 is not going to like the suite. Its getting bigger too! I like to keep it simple. Music sounds awesome once all the speakers and room correction was done.

Do I have to hold on to the old standard install package with dear life? I did not see it on mediafire link. At the very least I plan to wipe drivers and reinstall the OG package from 6/9/2020. Do I run the KGA before or after installing suite with Creative 720 option? Do i need to set any specific firewall exclusions or other audio settings? Honestly I have so many ghost install in my device library I may need to reinstall windows to get it straight.

rid

Just freshly installed win 10 on asus prime Z690-P WiFi D4 with realtek 897 on board. I cannot get neither dolby Digital nor DTS available in soud settings after installing the driver. Any idea how to solve it?

Greetings to all sound enthusiasts, who want to have a better audio experience on their PCs but don't want to spend a lot on physical upgrades.
I present to you the AAF DCH Optimus Sound:

Downloads & Updates Here:

Realtek USB Audio Support Enabled

Latest HDAUDIO Driver Version: 6.0.9344.1
Latest USB Driver Version: 6.3.9600.2311

• Attempt to fix user problems with USB-based Realtek chipset.
  • 5.1 Digital Audio Available for Realtek USB Audio devices.

• Realtek Interface
    • Realtek Audio Console (Universal)
  • Dolby Digital
  • DTS Interactive
  • Creative Sound Blaster Connect:
    • 360°
    • 720°
    • Cinema 5
  • Creative Sound Blaster Connect 2:
    • 360°
    • 720°
  • Nahimic by AAF Optimus (Modified) (APO4 Only)
  • Sonic Studio 3 (ASUS ROG) (APO4 Only)
  • Support for Sonic Radar 3
  • Dolby
    • Dolby Atmos
    • Dolby Atmos Speaker System
    • Dolby Atmos Speaker System For Gaming
  • DTS
    • DTS Studio Sound
    • DTS:X Ultra
    • DTS Sound Unbound

In case Sound Blaster Connect doesn't work, download the tool below to solve the problem:
KGA Automatic Configuration Download (Link Updated)

Enjoy AAF Optimus Sound!!!
Thank you very much for your work, which is very good. There are a few small problems, please help me to check whether it is normal. I have installed the latest driver, as shown in the picture:
音效.png

音效1.png

rid

Luckily. I found 9305 on my hard drive which solved the problem. The latest ones are broken. It would be nice to have an access to older ones as it was on github.

rid

Thank you very much for your work, which is very good. There are a few small problems, please help me to check whether it is normal. I have installed the latest driver, as shown in the picture:View attachment 249183

View attachment 249184
I am not an expert here but I have been using this package long enough to recognize the HD Audio Device as a Windows 10 default designation when all other audio drivers are removed to provide sound. AMD does something like this with HDMI drivers too. I would say totally normal for basic drivers but like you I have the AAF Optimus selected. You can disable or uninstall it but it keeps coming back like a weed.

roster17

Hi there. Great app and honors to the author.

How to force my 20 years old Sound Blaster live! 24 bit external USB to carry 5.1 DTS or DD via s/pdif?
I've tried APO with DTS connect (DTS Interactive) and it worked with GTA V , but one game - Fortnite has a problem. It sends 5.1, becouse analog rear outputs can be heard if I plug headphones, but no way to passthrough via spdif to my Home Cinema.
Tried Dolby as well. It seems, game sees digital output only as stereo (GTA V for example had to be switched in menu to surround, otherwise was also stereo, but Fortnite hasn't such lucrative options ;) )

Any sugestions friends?
Cheers from Poland.
Clipboard01.jpgClipboard10.jpgClipboard03.jpgClipboard04.jpgClipboard05.jpgClipboard08.jpgClipboard07.jpg

Attachments

• Clipboard08.jpg
    Clipboard08.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
i tried new driver still cant installed modded driver to dac dongle (alc5686) and here my hardware id
You need to uninstall the driver currently installed on your USB Dongle.

Thank you very much for your work, which is very good. There are a few small problems, please help me to check whether it is normal. I have installed the latest driver, as shown in the picture:
So that the HDMI device is also covered. Uninstalling the Realtek package and installing the package based on the generic driver is required.

onlylove943

Hello Mr. @AAF Optimus. I've successfully installed your driver, but I can't choose output device between my laptop speaker and my headphone like I could with default driver. And Sound settings lose Enchancement tab too. Could your please add support for my laptop with these hardwareid:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0274&SUBSYS_1D051125&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0274&SUBSYS_1D051125

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_009E&SUBSYS_1D051113&REV_1001
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_009E&SUBSYS_1D051113

Thank you so much.

Last edited: