• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
HD AUDIO DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9374.1
USB AUDIO DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.3.9600.2329
MORE DETAILS IN 1st PAGE

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "AAF Optimus", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD) and deselect the rest.
Don't forget to go to the "Changes" button to check the changes of the latest version. :toast:

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

Nekrodamus

Go to "%systemroot%\System32\drivers", delete the file "rtkhdaud.dat" and restart your computer.
Hi Alan, good afternoon, that worked!
Thanks a lot mate. All the best for your life and your family.

I hope this is helpful to someone else!

I haven't tried the latest release yet.
Cheers!

Latest driver (6.0.9374.1) seems to work fine, i just installed the basic driver and nothing else (No apps such as Dolby, Creative, DTS, nothing like that)
The issue is that with Realtek Audio Console i've noticed that all that options with Equalization and Loudness eq are gone.
I really don't care about those features since i never use any of them, but i'm just reporting what happened here (ALC 887, W11 pro, B350 mobo)

1657744369833.png

Nekrodamus

@AAF Optimus

Hi! Sorry, the last question I have for now is:

Is there a way to reset the Dolby Atmos configuration somehow like deleting "rtkhdaud.dat"?

The problem is that in the Realtek control panel I changed the output to "Headphones", and I already set it back to "Speakers", but in Dolby Atmos it still shows as Headphones.

Can you help me with this? Sorry for the inconvenience!

Screenshot:
Captura de pantalla 2022-07-13 175339.jpg

MarcelloMeyer

‎Good Night Allan, I'm Brazilian and I would like you to help me, my notebook sound does not work, only with speaker, what Can I do, and tbm would like you to help me that my sound if I mix the sound blaster with dts sound unbound the audio I'm bursting.‎

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings to all sound enthusiasts, who want to have a better audio experience on their PCs but don't want to spend a lot on physical upgrades.
I present to you the AAF DCH Optimus Sound:

Downloads & Updates Here:

Realtek USB Audio Support Enabled

Latest HDAUDIO Driver Version: 6.0.9374.1
Latest USB Driver Version: 6.3.9600.2329

Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose "Provider" is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "A-Volute", "AAF Optimus", etc in the "Sound, Video and Game Controllers", "Extensions", "Software Components" and "Audio Processing Objects" device categories.

• Some changes in Creative INFs
  • Realtek Interface
    • Realtek Audio Console (Universal)
  • Dolby Digital
  • DTS Interactive
  • Realtek Patch DDL/DTS
  • Creative Sound Blaster Connect:
    • 360°
    • 720°
    • Cinema 5
  • Creative Sound Blaster Connect 2:
    • 360°
    • 720°
  • Nahimic by AAF Optimus (Modified) (APO4 Only)
  • Sonic Studio 3 (ASUS ROG) (APO4 Only)
  • Support for Sonic Radar 3
  • Dolby
    • Dolby Atmos
    • Dolby Atmos Speaker System
    • Dolby Atmos Speaker System For Gaming
  • DTS
    • DTS Studio Sound
    • DTS:X Ultra
    • DTS Sound Unbound

In case Sound Blaster Connect doesn't work, download the tool below to solve the problem:
KGA Automatic Configuration Download (Link Updated)

Enjoy AAF Optimus Sound!!!
QQ截图20220714215321.png
QQ截图20220714215507.png
QQ截图20220714220224.png

@AAF Optimus

Hi! Sorry, the last question I have for now is:

Is there a way to reset the Dolby Atmos configuration somehow like deleting "rtkhdaud.dat"?

The problem is that in the Realtek control panel I changed the output to "Headphones", and I already set it back to "Speakers", but in Dolby Atmos it still shows as Headphones.

Can you help me with this? Sorry for the inconvenience!

Screenshot:View attachment 254641
I'm dying to try to install this I did before and as you reported I lost speaker fill something that I just left love I already have dolby Atmos and dts from the store on unmodified drivers I would love to have realtek and THX app together like on my Dell 8100 the deep bass from THX is tremendous haven't heard anything like it so far except HD Audio Microsoft driver only thing u can't use Microsoft driver with realtek for that deep bass I did edit realtek registry cut off frequency response to 20000 gave me more bass but not deep bass like THX hmm

Nekrodamus

I vaguely remember that I recently found some dolby atmos .xml? files. Would they be the profiles? Where do I find them? I have lost them, can someone help me?

I think it is necessary to write all this in a quick fix guide.

***Solved, it works like silk. I just hot swapped the option again with the 2 programs open (Realtek Console and Dolby Atmos) and it worked. Apologies!

Last edited:

karateca

Hi, i need help , i buy a lenovo legion and cant active atmos even change the sound to 32bits just 16bit i dont know if this its normal, thx.

Anotación 2022-07-15 115910.jpg
Anotación 2022-07-15 120122.jpg

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
MORE DETAILS IN 1st PAGE

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "AAF Optimus", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD) and deselect the rest.
Don't forget to go to the "Changes" button to check the changes of the latest version. :toast:

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

@AAF Optimus, it seems, as does the v9374.1 via S/PDIF - TosLink out to an AVR347 (harman/kardon) minor transmitting Lags/Breaks, @ a Length from ~ 800 ms. Is this Behaviour usually, or can/should this anyhow be fixed?

Nekrodamus

@AAF Optimus, it seems, as does the v9374.1 via S/PDIF - TosLink out to an AVR347 (harman/kardon) minor transmitting Lags/Breaks, @ a Length from ~ 800 ms. Is this Behaviour usually, or can/should this anyhow be fixed?
Sorry, but in that case it is not necessary to install and configure the ASIO driver?

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Cooling Boxed
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
System Name Medium
Processor AMD Phenom II x6 1090T @ 3.6GHz
Motherboard MSI 890GXM-G65
Cooling stock cooler
Memory G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB DDR3 1600
Video Card(s) 2 * 5870 in crossfire
Storage 1 40GB intel SSD and 1 750GB WD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 226BW
Case NZXT Vulcan
Audio Device(s) Logitech Clear Chat Pro USB Headphones
Power Supply Thermaltake 680 pure power with 15A, 14A and 23A 12v rails
Software Windows 7 Premium x64
What is the process for dolby digital live and dts-interactive or similar for gaming with a 5.1 soundbar with hdmi and optical inputs:
windows 11
Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite WiFi with the ALC1200.
i rebooted into safe mode
i then did:
removed realtek from the settings>apps area (which used the realtek uninstaller i think and it asked me to reboot) i said NO.
i then started up DDU and removed Audio from realtek and soundblaster and chose not to reboot.
i then started up DriverStoreExplorer.v0.11.79 and there really wasnt nothing in there to remove. only my gpu audio but i left that alone.
ok i finally chose to restart (this is all while computer is connected to internet.
by the login screen i heard sound coming from my onboard optical out to my 5.1 soundbar. (the windows driver installs fast).
anyhow this is where i am. windows is up to date as of right now july 18th 11:53pm gmt-6 2022

im now at my normal desktop with the default windows realtek or microsoft drivers.
i use drivestoreexplorer to remove all audio files and use Force Delete
i then use AAFOptimusDCHAudioPack "Latest HDAUDIO Driver Version: 6.0.9374.1" as of this writing.
i then reboot after installing everything
the gigabyte realtek audio console wont let me enable the ON/OFF switch for DTS Connect , NEO PC or Interacive. those are what is shown but the button is off and greyed out.
in the windows sound settings no extra codecs.
do i need to disable driver signature verification or secure boot in bios?
dch_audio_driver.png

Last edited:
MORE DETAILS IN 1st PAGE

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!
ive installed this new driver but dolby wasnt install. sound blaster connect gives this error that "your audio device cannot be detected. Please check your connection." I left the installation as default for an asrog hero 3 wifi mobo.

Elitegamespy

Looking through my dell, the ALC seems to be 225 is this supported I genuinely cannot stand wavesmaxxaudio as it ruins the speakers is there any drivers for this. My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 7779 2-in-1.

Nekrodamus

I don't understand?
Hi, sorry, maybe I misunderstood, but, in case you have latency problems, i.e. you need less latency, you can try ASIO drivers.
ASIO4ALL is a hardware independent low latency ASIO driver for WDM audio devices.
Maybe you can give it a try. Alan includes ASIO drivers in this package, but according to what I read you have to configure it in the audio program you are using.

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Cooling Boxed
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Hi, sorry, maybe I misunderstood, but, in case you have latency problems, i.e. you need less latency, you can try ASIO drivers.
ASIO4ALL is a hardware independent low latency ASIO driver for WDM audio devices.
Maybe you can give it a try. Alan includes ASIO drivers in this package, but according to what I read you have to configure it in the audio program you are using.

I'm using the AIMP-Player from Артём Измайлов (Art'om Izmaylov). Is this Win32-Playa ASIO-usable?

Nekrodamus

I'm using the AIMP-Player from Артём Измайлов (Art'om Izmaylov). Is this Win32-Playa ASIO-usable?

EDIT: well, actually
Realtek ASIO crashes for me as soon as I play something
FL Studio ASIO just works from spdif
ASIO4ALL v2 needed some settings tweak to use spdif

( https://www.asio4all.org )

I dont really use ASIO for aimp :p
But thats what is recommended when you are looking for low latency

Last edited:

Nekrodamus

What is the process for dolby digital live and dts-interactive or similar for gaming with a 5.1 soundbar with hdmi and optical inputs:
windows 11
Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite WiFi with the ALC1200.
i rebooted into safe mode
i then did:
removed realtek from the settings>apps area (which used the realtek uninstaller i think and it asked me to reboot) i said NO.
i then started up DDU and removed Audio from realtek and soundblaster and chose not to reboot.
i then started up DriverStoreExplorer.v0.11.79 and there really wasnt nothing in there to remove. only my gpu audio but i left that alone.
ok i finally chose to restart (this is all while computer is connected to internet.
by the login screen i heard sound coming from my onboard optical out to my 5.1 soundbar. (the windows driver installs fast).
anyhow this is where i am. windows is up to date as of right now july 18th 11:53pm gmt-6 2022

im now at my normal desktop with the default windows realtek or microsoft drivers.
i use drivestoreexplorer to remove all audio files and use Force Delete
i then use AAFOptimusDCHAudioPack "Latest HDAUDIO Driver Version: 6.0.9374.1" as of this writing.
i then reboot after installing everything
the gigabyte realtek audio console wont let me enable the ON/OFF switch for DTS Connect , NEO PC or Interacive. those are what is shown but the button is off and greyed out.
in the windows sound settings no extra codecs.
do i need to disable driver signature verification or secure boot in bios?
Hello, sorry, have you tried to install only what you need? I see you have Dolby Atmos, maybe it interferes with the other sound solutions? Did you try to delete rtkhdaud.dat and restart the pc?

jcags

EDIT: well, actually
Realtek ASIO crashes for me as soon as I play something
FL Studio ASIO just works from spdif
ASIO4ALL v2 needed some settings tweak to use spdif
( https://www.asio4all.org )

I dont really use ASIO for aimp :p
But thats what is recommended when you are looking for low latency
I've never been able to use ASIO either, but if you're looking for low latency try WASAPI exclusive or install ASIO4ALL.

Yoker

Hey, I want an overall better audio quality. I mostly play games or listen to music, but do none of audio engineering and stuff

I got realtek ALC887 as my default audio of my motherboard (no dedicated sound card), and have Sennheiser HD 407 headsets. Any suggestions on what to enable and what not?