• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

Nekrodamus

Hey, I want an overall better audio quality. I mostly play games or listen to music, but do none of audio engineering and stuff

I got realtek ALC887 as my default audio of my motherboard (no dedicated sound card), and have Sennheiser HD 407 headsets. Any suggestions on what to enable and what not?
Try any sound solution, it will be fine I guess, personally I always used Dolby Atmos and no other, I am very happy with it. It has a dynamic mode that analyses what you're playing and optimises the sound output, Movie, Music, Voice and Video Game modes, plus a manual mode with 10-band EQ with activatable effects Surround Virtualiser, Dialogue Enhancer and Volume Adjuster.

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
EDIT: well, actually
Realtek ASIO crashes for me as soon as I play something
FL Studio ASIO just works from spdif
ASIO4ALL v2 needed some settings tweak to use spdif

( https://www.asio4all.org )

I dont really use ASIO for aimp :p
But thats what is recommended when you are looking for low latency

How is ASIO4ALL to launch?

Nekrodamus

Last edited:
System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Cooling Boxed
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
The Connection via Virtual ASIO-Cable works now w/o any Breaks

Dekamir

Edit: I think there was a misconception. I wasn't talking about actual high bitrate audio or something,
I was talking about the extra "Microphone Effects" feature that includes "High Quality Record".

This was what I'm talking about:
(has the same layout in UWP panel as well, but I'm not using it because it doesn't automatically switch to headphones and turn off speakers.)
View attachment 180049

In newer versions, only the "Acoustic Echo Cancellation" and "Noice Cancellation" is present.
Uni-directional, omni-directional, enhance voice recognition, high quality record are not present.
Everything about fixing this issue is now lost because the previous repositories of AAF is removed, including the issue pages.
Please make it available or at least publish the information I posted on the issue #65.

DreamTrance

Please help, I have this error, I can't install it. I had it installed before I uninstalled it, now I can't install it anymore. Cannot Import dll:<utf8>C:\Users\TRANCE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\is-MG2MN.tmp\AAF.VStyles.dll.

Attachments

• Setup Log 2022-07-28 #013.txt
    1.9 KB · Views: 89

Nekrodamus

Please help, I have this error, I can't install it. I had it installed before I uninstalled it, now I can't install it anymore. Cannot Import dll:<utf8>C:\Users\TRANCE~1\AppData\Local\Temp\is-MG2MN.tmp\AAF.VStyles.dll.
Hello, what if you deactivate your antivirus for a moment? Maybe it is causing the problem.
You can also try deleting the %temp% folder and try again.

DreamTrance

i get runtime error 217 its exactly what i get when installing the audio driver it also says runtime error 217
After the runtime error this pops up
rundll.png

Nekrodamus

i get runtime error 217 its exactly what i get when installing the audio driver it also says runtime error 217
After the runtime error this pops up
View attachment 256202
Sounds like there is an error in the windows registry, corrupt installation of system files.

Try installing the AIO Repack for latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes:

Download the zip and extract it, install as usual, don't worry, it's reliable source.
Restart your PC and try again.

I look forward to your reply.

Last edited:

DreamTrance

I have just done a windows in place upgrade also, did sfc scan and dism and i installed AIO Repack for latest Microsoft Visual C im still having the same issue

Nekrodamus

I have just done a windows in place upgrade also, did sfc scan and dism and i installed AIO Repack for latest Microsoft Visual C im still having the same issue
Hm that's strange. Are you sure you have everything updated? That could take a while depending on how much there is to update.

I can't think of anything else for now, other than trying to repair Windows, use your latest build and install all the C++ redistributables. A harder solution would be to reinstall Windows. It takes a bit of time and a bit of effort, but it's worth it. It's up to you.

Could you also show screenshots of the CMD commands you used? A detailed system log would also be nice, like the one AIDA64 comes with, you can generate a .txt or .html with all the information.

DreamTrance

Is there anyway for me to install or get access to the realtec audio manager or console that enables you to put the front speakers to the settings "Extreme" you know the thing that boosts the audio? Thats the only thing i need, i get it with this driver install when it worked but if i install regular realtec i dont have that. Is there a way for me to use the same function with regular realtec drivers?

Nekrodamus

Is there anyway for me to install or get access to the realtec audio manager or console that enables you to put the front speakers to the settings "Extreme" you know the thing that boosts the audio? Thats the only thing i need, i get it with this driver install when it worked but if i install regular realtec i dont have that. Is there a way for me to use the same function with regular realtec drivers?
The solution:
Readme

Processor Ryzen 5900x
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix X570 E-Gaming
Cooling Siverstone 360
Memory 64 Adata D-50
Video Card(s) Asus 3080 OC
Storage Samsung 970 1TB
Display(s) Philips 24
Case Lian Li O11 Air
Audio Device(s) Razer Tiamat 7.1 v1
Power Supply Xfx 850 BE
Mouse Motorspeed V30
Keyboard Alfawise V1
New Drivers : 6.0.9376.1 WHQL

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF DCH Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
REPOSTED!!!

NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
HD AUDIO DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9376.1
USB AUDIO DRIVER VERSION 6.3.9600.2329
MORE DETAILS IN 1st PAGE

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "A-Volute", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "AAF Optimus", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD) and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!! :toast:

Last edited:

furquim

I'm having issues with the latest version:
Firstly, both Dolby Atmos for Gaming and DTS:X Ultra wouldn't install, I had to uninstall and reinstall it three times for it to work.
Now I'm unable to use the Realtek Audio Console, it tries to load only to show an error message saying "Can not connect to RPC Service."
Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

1659460974913.png

How one changes Speaker Out to Headphone without Realtek HD Audio Manager?

Installed latest AAFOptimusDCHAudioPack.exe version but find it useless without an option to change to Headphone.

Seems like something is broken in my WIN10 -> Realtek Audio Console is not starting.
Managed to solve the situation by launching Driver64\RealtekSwcHDAHsa\HSA\RAVCpl64.exe from an older installation package.

Last edited:
System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Cooling Boxed
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
REPOSTED!!!

HD AUDIO DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9376.1
MORE DETAILS IN 1st PAGE

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "A-Volute", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "AAF Optimus", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD) and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

Hi, @AAF Optimus, how are the integrated Encoders (DDL/DTS) to use? "Self-Answer" to me: it must be selected by the Tweak-Tool, right?

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5900x
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix X570 E-Gaming
Cooling Siverstone 360
Memory 64 Adata D-50
Video Card(s) Asus 3080 OC
Storage Samsung 970 1TB
Display(s) Philips 24
Case Lian Li O11 Air
Audio Device(s) Razer Tiamat 7.1 v1
Power Supply Xfx 850 BE
Mouse Motorspeed V30
Keyboard Alfawise V1
New Drivers : 6.0.9381.1 WHQL !

Boo323

I have problems to install this on my PC, I install this pack in my Windows session without problems but if I enter in the other sessions the add-ons do not appear.

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF DCH Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
HD AUDIO DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9381.1

GO TO 1st PAGE