• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

furquim

I've been trying to install this for a while now, but I can't get Dolby Atmos for Games installed no matter what I do. Can anybody help me with this?

System Name Coffee | Maximus
Processor Intel Core i7 9700K @ 5.2 GHz with AVX, 4.8 GHz cache clock | i7 9700KF @ 5.0 GHz/4.7 GHz cache
Motherboard ASUS Maximus X Formula | ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger (modded BIOS for Coffee Lake)+TPM2.0 module
Cooling Cooler Master ML240 Illusion | Cooler Master ML120L RGB
Memory 2*16 GB (32 GB) Kingston Fury Beast @3600 MHz CL17 | 4*8 GB (32 GB) HyperX Fury @3200 MHz CL14
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB Twin Edge | Galax RTX 2060 Super 8 GB
Storage Samsung PM981a 1TB NVMe+480GB SATA SSD+2 TB HDD | Crucial P5 1TB, Crucial P1 500GB+2.5TB HDDs
Display(s) LG OLED 55 G3, 4K 120 Hz, VRR, ALLM, GSync, FreeSync | Samsung 43AU9070 4K TV, VRR, ALLM
Case Corsair Crystal 460X RGB | Lianli Lancool 215
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z SE | Realtek ALC1150 (Supreme FX)
Power Supply ASUS ROG Strix 750G (80+ Gold) | Cooler Master MWE 650 V2 (80+ Bronze)
Mouse Cooler Master MM731 19000 DPI gaming mouse
Keyboard Cooler Master CK721 65% mechanical gaming keyboard (tactile)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 |Windows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R20 MT 4200,ST 547 CPU-Z MT 4871, ST 620 | R20 MT - 4158, ST - 534, CPU-Z MT 4798, ST 603
from where exactly (I mean the "source" or site of the 6.0.9397.1 drivers, BetoWender)?

at least pal1000 has a 6.0.9397.1 driver of his own from his github page w/ a separate download for Realtek Audio Console app v1.39.278.0 [but recently there was a 1.39.279.0 version available that I got from the store rg adguard net site]

and Acer has an official 6.0.9397.1 driver from their web site (for an Acer TravelMate P614-52 laptop)

compliment the 9397 drivers with the Realtek Softwarecomponent SWC 11.0.6000.1062 driver pack from MS

nah, you're much better off getting a 3rd party external sound card that offers DTS connect for both encoding & decoding, itsakjt
DTS connect is actually for SPDIF (digital audio) only for most motherboards, not for analog audio

no loskoss. maybe check out this realtek alsa driver for linux or ask the alsa folks
Alan F's modded DCH drivers are for Windows only
Hi there,

I am happy to report that I got myself a Creative Sound Blaster Z SE sound card and have DTS Connect: DTS Neo: PC working via analog. There are options in the Sound Blaster Command software and it was just plug and play. The audio quality is heavenly and I have never heard this quality of audio through any onboard solution out there.
I have an ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger and a Maximus X Hero, both high end motherboards and even those Supreme FX solutions with ESS Sabre DACs fail to beat the discrete sound card. The difference has been day and night.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 5900x
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix X570 E-Gaming
Cooling Siverstone 360
Memory 64 Adata D-50
Video Card(s) Asus 3080 OC
Storage Samsung 970 1TB
Display(s) Philips 24
Case Lian Li O11 Air
Audio Device(s) Razer Tiamat 7.1 v1
Power Supply Xfx 850 BE
Mouse Motorspeed V30
Keyboard Alfawise V1
Hi guys, Drivers : 6.0.9403.1 WHQL

Hello everyone,

After using AAF DCH drivers for more than 2 years, I am planning to move to external sound card. After countless days and hours of fiddling with multiple drivers by Alan, I was not able to make DTS Connect (Neo PC) work with analog audio of my Maximus X Formula (Realtek S1220A). While Creative software does offer surround sound, the implementation is not as good compared to DTS connect. I would also like to mention that DTS Connect works flawlessly with my ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger motherboard (ALC1150) through analog jacks with the driver 6.0.1.9219 (no longer available in the repository but I have the file downloaded). This same driver misses out on DTS Connect on Maximus X Formula even if I install that with the same options selected (stock UAD with DTS Interactive Decoder selected). If I install the modded DDL/DTS driver, DTS Connect is shown on the Realtek Audio Console but turning it on and off does not make a difference.
There was one driver with which DTS Connect worked flawlessly on the Maximus X Formula and that is a very old driver from a file named "RealtekDriver_2019_03_01" having 6.0.1.8642 driver that I found somewhere on the Internet. However, possibly due to some other issue, there was very high CPU and memory usage for audio_dg which seems to be a common problem with that driver.

Failing to find a solution to my problem, I am considering moving to external sound card that offers this feature (possibly the Sound Blaster AE5-Plus).
If anyone of you know the solution to the problem I am having, I would greatly appreciate you helping me.
Last but not the least, I would like to thank @AAF Optimus for his hard work and dedication to this project. Without his mods, I would have no idea about how good onboard audio or even PC audio can be. The mods have set a benchmark to the quality of PC audio I would expect and I wish you the very best for your future.
one of the best drivers 92.19, i remember installing the legacy control panel realtek and I got this

Attachments

• dobly.jpg
    dobly.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 518
Good Evening, i have a problem with alc4080, I can't enable dts on this audio chip.
Who can help me?

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
HD AUDIO DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9403.1
USB AUDIO DRIVER VERSION 6.3.9600.2329
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "A-Volute", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "AAF Optimus", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD) and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!! :toast:

happy with previous release,however can i please get clarified about this
the AAF DCH Optimus Audio - Tweak Tool
where do i find this after install!!

X3NN

Is it possible to get a new build with APO3 Sonic Studio? The old versions don't work with win11 for me and I prefer to be able to set different settings app specific (for example sound compressor only for a game) instead of setting it globally with APO4.
Thanks for including it so fast :)

loskoss

can we please have nahimic mirroring feature aswell it would be really nice to have

WINTERMUTE

I'm having a problem with an error with Creative when opening the program. "Your audio device cannot be detected. Please check your connection". The installation is done without any problem, only when opening the program this happens.

Desktop 14-09-2022 22-06-44-84.png

Username87th

Motherboard: ASUS TUF GAMING Z590-PLUS
Onboard Audio: Realtek S1200A codec
Headphones: beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm
(Headphones plugged into back green port on motherboard)

Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.22622.598 (Beta channel)

I seem to be having issues where, at some random point, the audio is popping/crackling and progressively gets worse (quicker intervals over several minutes) until I disable/enable the sound.
I've uninstalled completely (Using DDU/BC Uninstaller/DriverStoreExplorer in safe mode / normal restarts) multiple times. When I install, I minimally install, only using base drivers and DTS:X.

I don't have any issues using the apps that come with the installer, nor changing options in sound settings. Although, sometimes changing some options removes my "Speakers" option which is my main audio source, so I have to restart the PC for it to come back and work normally.

I've tested using Latencymon for DPC issues, and sound doesn't seem to have any issues. The only thing that spikes at the highest point is nvidia's drivers and only at 500 briefly.

The only fix for this issue is to specifically turn off "Audio Enhancements" from "Device Default Effects" to "Off". The problem goes away. Sometimes I can turn the option off, then on and no issues thereafter.

Assuming I cannot fix the issue..
Two questions:
What does having "Audio Enhancements" set to "Off" do specifically, if I leave it off? Or should it always be on?
Can my motherboard support 80 Ohm without "Audio Enhancements", as I believe the option allows extra signal processing which may be needed for the 80 Ohm version vs the 32 Ohm version.

Last edited:

Crock_br

I´m using AAF Optimus version 10.6.2329.9389 and my audio is LAGGING a lot.... Using only X-Fi MB5 with all other improvements (DTS, Dolby Atmos) DISABLED.

** ALC888 on motherboard.

Can someone give me a help ?

naaitsab

So after some trial and error I've got Dolby Digital Live working on my Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA so I can remove my current Asus soundcard.

As the instructions are a bit sparse let me write out my steps so others who are struggling can use them. Might also be a good idea to add these steps to the intro post.

1. Download the latest version on Github
2. Download the latest version of "DriverStoreExplorer" on Github using the link in the OP
3. Disconnect your internet and don't reconnect until done with all reboots. This is vital on Windows 7 and above. Unless you want to modify all kind of settings to prevent drivers from Windows update.
4. Remove everything from Realtek from 'Programs and Features' (tip: right click on the Windows start menu icon -> run ->type appwiz.cpl)
5. Remove all things Realtek from 'Device Manager', this includes the category 'Audio inputs and outputs' and 'Sound, video and game controllers' and if there 'Audio Processing Objects'. Set the checkbox for 'remove driver/device' if it's there on the popup.
Optional: Reboot
6. Open "DriverStoreExplorer" and remove anything that is related to Realtek Audio. Be careful if you have Realtek network stuff, then check the category. If you get an in use error you probably missed something from the previous step or try a reboot first. Still don't enable your internet.
7. Reboot
8. Start the setup from step 1. Select the things you want. I used the most basic settings by selecting the following:
AAF Optimus Bus Driver​
5.1 Digital Audio Feature -> Realtek: DDL/DTS Patched​
9. Follow instructions and reboot. You can enable your internet after this reboot.
10. Check if you can set Dolby Digital or DTS in your audio settings Advanced tab on your Digital Output. If not follow next steps.
10.1 Open 'AAF DCH Optimus Audio - Tweak Tool'​
10.2 Check 'Customized Platform.​
10.3 Select Chip Set ICH6 or different if you have something else​
10.4 On the 6 textboxes below the Chip Set fill every box with a 0 Note: this can differ per motherboard so check the thread for other settings.
10.5 Click Save and Reboot​

If you don't see DDL or DTS as an option after the reboot. Go to 'Device Manager' and check under 'Sound, video and game controllers' you see "AAF DCH Optimus Audio". If not Windows has probably reinstalled the stock Realtek drivers over AAF. Then repeat the steps again but also include everything from 'AAF' in the 'Programs and Features' and 'DriverStoreExplorer' steps when removing. Double check your WiFi/Ethernet adapter is disabled in step 3.

If you still don't see DDL or DTS and have verified the correct drivers have loaded post for support here.

And of course massive thanks AAF Optimus to continue providing updates so we can enjoy the most of the stuff we bought.

Last edited:
I can't install latest driver (6.0.9403.1) in Windows 11 22H2 stable even after cleaning up everything with DDU or Revo uninstaller, it always keep reverting back to the old 8703.1.
Very annoying.
But this seems Windows fault, it always installed fine with previous versions of the OS.

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
I can't install latest driver (6.0.9403.1) in Windows 11 22H2 stable even after cleaning up everything with DDU or Revo uninstaller, it always keep reverting back to the old 8703.1.
Very annoying.
But this seems Windows fault, it always installed fine with previous versions of the OS.

Then report this to MS pls

happy with previous release,however can i please get clarified about this
the AAF DCH Optimus Audio - Tweak Tool
where do i find this after install!!
And @AAF Optimus do we still need to use this tool?

10.3 Select Chip Set ICH6 or different if you have something else
I've always wondered about that. How do I find my chipset? Using ASUS TUF Gaming Laptop.

@AAF Optimus , then I also want to try something else, I want to use one of audio connections via my monitor where NVIDIA HD audio connects, but doubt it can convert back to something useful... Can I attach DDL on that instead of NVIDIA and have the others via my Realtek / DTS / laptop jack?

Using Marley Headphones and Logitech 2.1 speakers...

gQx

So after some trial and error I've got Dolby Digital Live working on my Gigabyte Z390 AORUS ULTRA so I can remove my current Asus soundcard.

As the instructions are a bit sparse let me write out my steps so others who are struggling can use them. Might also be a good idea to add these steps to the intro post.

1. Download the latest version on Github
2. Download the latest version of "DriverStoreExplorer" on Github using the link in the OP
3. Disconnect your internet and don't reconnect until done with all reboots. This is vital on Windows 7 and above. Unless you want to modify all kind of settings to prevent drivers from Windows update.
4. Remove everything from Realtek from 'Programs and Features' (tip: right click on the Windows start menu icon -> run ->type appwiz.cpl)
5. Remove all things Realtek from 'Device Manager', this includes the category 'Audio inputs and outputs' and 'Sound, video and game controllers' and if there 'Audio Processing Objects'. Set the checkbox for 'remove driver/device' if it's there on the popup.
Optional: Reboot
6. Open "DriverStoreExplorer" and remove anything that is related to Realtek Audio. Be careful if you have Realtek network stuff, then check the category. If you get an in use error you probably missed something from the previous step or try a reboot first. Still don't enable your internet.
7. Reboot
8. Start the setup from step 1. Select the things you want. I used the most basic settings by selecting the following:
AAF Optimus Bus Driver​
5.1 Digital Audio Feature -> Realtek: DDL/DTS Patched​
9. Follow instructions and reboot. You can enable your internet after this reboot.
10. Check if you can set Dolby Digital or DTS in your audio settings Advanced tab on your Digital Output. If not follow next steps.
10.1 Open 'AAF DCH Optimus Audio - Tweak Tool'​
10.2 Check 'Customized Platform.​
10.3 Select Chip Set ICH6 or different if you have something else​
10.4 On the 6 textboxes below the Chip Set fill every box with a 0 Note: this can differ per motherboard so check the thread for other settings.
10.5 Click Save and Reboot​

If you don't see DDL or DTS as an option after the reboot. Go to 'Device Manager' and check under 'Sound, video and game controllers' you see "AAF DCH Optimus Audio". If not Windows has probably reinstalled the stock Realtek drivers over AAF. Then repeat the steps again but also include everything from 'AAF' in the 'Programs and Features' and 'DriverStoreExplorer' steps when removing. Double check your WiFi/Ethernet adapter is disabled in step 3.

If you still don't see DDL or DTS and have verified the correct drivers have loaded post for support here.

And of course massive thanks AAF Optimus to continue providing updates so we can enjoy the most of the stuff we bought.
AAF Optimus Bus Driver
5.1 Digital Audio Feature -> Realtek: DDL/DTS Patched

It just says full install nothing to select

Very annoying.
Goto settings and stop automatic updates chose let me pick whate to update restart and you be good

I've been trying to install this for a while now, but I can't get Dolby Atmos for Games installed no matter what I do. Can anybody help me with this?
You may be having an issue with the Microsoft store. I run x64 Win10 Enterprise so i do not use the store and never had anything but problems after trying to install DTS, Atmos and other audio apps within MS store. Look up ways to "de-bloat" or disable the store (carefully) and use DDU to remove all previous drivers in both audio and gpu in most cases as AMD installs its own hdmi audio either in place of or alongside Optimus AAF. Take your time and be methodical following directions. It took me forever but I have Atmos running in "auto-profile" mode when I boot. I output optical signal to a reciever with full 7.1 and the Atmos sound is glorius esp in newer movies. Most impressive of all is that when I plug in my headset to the Denon receiver while playing games its very good too. Maybe not Soundblaster 720 good for fps but...its free!

Oi Alan! Wow, 200 pages! I just popped in because AMD released newer driver for my R9 290 card and of course installed its own audio devices etc. I removed them from device manager as they seem to set to default and it was a great reminder of the terrible sound I had until I installed your suite. Has anyone at Realtek offered you a job yet? My Asus P9X79 LE is capable of putting out respectable 8-channel sound. Unless you use the last Asus RT drivers. Because this is a windows 8 era mobo running Win10 I never got any MS store or standalone Realtek driver to work until Alan provided his suite and the utility tool which allows the hardware and the audo process to be friends. Luckily I dont have any close neighbors because I can rock out now. Big old wooden speakers, thick gauge cable and 5.1/7.1 receivers with hdmi/optical can be found for pretty cheap (or free) in the US. If your old mobo has an optical outlet and you want to have a real A/V setup for gaming or movies this Realtek drivers solution is a divine blessing for folks who either can't or do not want to spend a fortune on over priced retail consumer electronics.

To anyone frustrated with process, it took me months to dial stuff in. Its not you its windows. But for me it was and is worth the effort.
Not because its free but I even paid for the DTS app and still didnt get it to work. And this ASUS mobo was a $500 flagship model new but only had driver support for two years and is not compatible Asus Suite 3
Greetings to all sound enthusiasts, who want to have a better audio experience on their PCs but don't want to spend a lot on physical upgrades.
I present to you the AAF DCH Optimus Sound:

Downloads & Updates Here:

Realtek USB Audio Support Enabled

Latest HDAUDIO Driver Version: 6.0.9403.1
Latest USB Driver Version: 6.3.9600.2329

Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose "Provider" is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "A-Volute", "AAF Optimus", etc in the "Sound, Video and Game Controllers", "Extensions", "Software Components" and "Audio Processing Objects" device categories.

DOWNLOAD SOUND BLASTER X-FI MB5 (UPDATED):

ORIGINAL INSTALLER (SFX WINRAR FILE)

ALTERNATIVE INSTALLER (REPACK BY ME - WITH PRESETS FOR HEADPHONES AND STEREO + AAF OPTIMUS PRESET)
  • Realtek Interface
    • Realtek Audio Console (Universal)
  • Dolby Digital
  • DTS Interactive
  • Realtek Patch DDL/DTS
  • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5
  • Creative Sound Blaster Connect:
    • 360°
    • 720°
    • Cinema 5
  • Creative Sound Blaster Connect 2:
    • 360°
    • 720°
  • Nahimic by AAF Optimus (Modified) (APO4 Only)
  • Sonic Studio 3 (ASUS ROG) (APO4 Only)
  • Support for Sonic Radar 3
  • Dolby
    • Dolby Atmos
    • Dolby Atmos Speaker System
    • Dolby Atmos Speaker System For Gaming
  • DTS
    • DTS Studio Sound
    • DTS:X Ultra
    • DTS Sound Unbound

In case Sound Blaster Connect doesn't work, download the tool below to solve the problem:
KGA Automatic Configuration Download (Link Updated)

Enjoy AAF Optimus Sound!!!
Do you think the new headphone release wil work with this version of RT? Model Asus P9X79 LE. I will probably try it out. is the KGA thing related to telnet? I would love to use Creatives stuff for gaming. Obrigado.

Realtek® ALC892 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Support 192khz / 24bit BD Lossless Sound
- BD Audio Layer Content Protection
- Supports Jack-Detection, Multi-Streaming and
Front Panel Jack-Retasking
- Optical S/PDIF Out port at back I/O

Oi Alan! Wow, 200 pages! I just popped in because AMD released newer driver for my R9 290 card and of course installed its own audio devices etc. I removed them from device manager as they seem to set to default and it was a great reminder of the terrible sound I had until I installed your suite. Has anyone at Realtek offered you a job yet? My Asus P9X79 LE is capable of putting out respectable 8-channel sound. Unless you use the last Asus RT drivers. Because this is a windows 8 era mobo running Win10 I never got any MS store or standalone Realtek driver to work until Alan provided his suite and the utility tool which allows the hardware and the audo process to be friends. Luckily I dont have any close neighbors because I can rock out now. Big old wooden speakers, thick gauge cable and 5.1/7.1 receivers with hdmi/optical can be found for pretty cheap (or free) in the US. If your old mobo has an optical outlet and you want to have a real A/V setup for gaming or movies this Realtek drivers solution is a divine blessing for folks who either can't or do not want to spend a fortune on over priced retail consumer electronics.

To anyone frustrated with process, it took me months to dial stuff in. Its not you its windows. But for me it was and is worth the effort.
Not because its free but I even paid for the DTS app and still didnt get it to work. And this ASUS mobo was a $500 flagship model new but only had driver support for two years and is not compatible Asus Sonic studio 3. I also never got Creative SB 720 to work longer than a few days even after KGA. But considering where this effort started and the constant addition of critical missing features like proper SPDIF pass-through functionality for windows and VLCor Foobar2000 that you can set in advanced settings this project has come a long way to help frustrated enthusiasts. People used to say "mobo audio sucks"

Processor Ryzen 5900x
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix X570 E-Gaming
Cooling Siverstone 360
Memory 64 Adata D-50
Video Card(s) Asus 3080 OC
Storage Samsung 970 1TB
Display(s) Philips 24
Case Lian Li O11 Air
Audio Device(s) Razer Tiamat 7.1 v1
Power Supply Xfx 850 BE
Mouse Motorspeed V30
Keyboard Alfawise V1
New Drivers : 6.0.9414.1

Hello.

Is this the real Alan Finotty? The reason I ask is because why is the driver packed with a miner?

Please explain this, flagged twice as a packed miner.

VirusTotal - File - 4b3ae3c776dbab3b1740e0f6864fef953bfa842241dcc4d1d740a8a4c4d39902

Used AAF Optimus for years and always checked the drivers with Virustotal and was always clean.

Trying to find the original thread on another forum with alan2000 but I'm sure it was removed, I think Realtek got the whole thread removed, those drivers were always clean on Virustotal.

Such a shame.