• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
From now on, I want to apologize to everyone for not answering questions in a timely manner. I'm working straight away and lost a lot of the time I had because of work. But I promise to release a new version of the mod and make the necessary fixes and updates soon.

Hello Alan Finotty... I just realized that the sound quality of the recorder from my microphone has a serious problem. :( I found this out when I was making a work presentation video that required my voice. I know this when using AAF DCH Optimus Sound v6.0.9219.1 and v6.0.9231.1. I hope you can fix it. Thank you for your response.
Finally, my microphone sound is now usable again. It seems tha
SS.png
t I haven't checked the 'disable all sound effects' menu in the Mic In menu section.

For my previous problem report, I apologize profusely.
==========
@GaZw Thanks a lot for your help too. :)

@Alan Finotty

Have you considered cloning my package and setting the DTS part as an extension, then adding your other APO's as extensions, not to sound rude but I don't get complaints.
I would also consider reading through the last 6 or more weeks of posts, you will find lots of CLEAN ways to do things (no offense).

Some of your older packages can damage a Windows install, or a least add mods that don't remove.

----

Naked driver (always installed) > APO's as optional extensions | Extensions should be able to freely removed or added later.
Issues with a single APO means you only need to address (for the better part) its extension.

Note: Extensions don't accept services, but pretty much everything else, all service data can go into the main Realtek.inf.
When the extension installs the .exe service, it will become active (when the extension adds the file).

Here (\bin) is an example universal extension, in this case I could have put all the data into the extension.inf rather than a .reg.
The service will still need to be added via a .reg in this case, as there is no main.inf (intended).

1635727808397.png

----

Also as a personal thing, can you stop renaming professional services and APO's to 'AAF', the package is 'AFF'.

Last edited:
From now on, I want to apologize to everyone for not answering questions in a timely manner. I'm working straight away and lost a lot of the time I had because of work. But I promise to release a new version of the mod and make the necessary fixes and updates soon.
I don't think you need to apologize but it is good to hear you are busy and working. This project has brought me so much pleasure and satisfaction. I miss having to juggle drivers, settings and windows updates sometimes. Or I thought I missed it until the strange gray soound returns and my music doesn't sound amazing, the video game isnt as much fun if you can't hear what is going on and VOIP calls are terrible when they work. Part of that was unintentional self0sabotage. I was hasty with my Edge extensions and saw something that gave me audio controls in my browser and it looked slick. But I dont need it and I forgot it was there. Dolby Atmos was working for a while. I cannot get SB720 to run anymore and when I use the kga config the was an error however when i ran it after uninstalling it did work.

I uninstalled using DDU for both Realtek, then SB/Creative in safe mode. I kinda want to try Creative again now but if it doesn't work I will give Absolute a shot, don't think I have used it. Otherwise Atmos is decent but not a serious improvement over Dolby Digital Live. In fact I can no longer select DTS or DolbyLive. This round I am actually just installing Realtek default APO and A-volute with Nahimic 3. Do I need a extra asio? Keep up the good work Alan. I dont mind helpping people myself but there are siome things I could use help understanding better.

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
I wants to dolby acces ı have lisance my home theater SAMSUNG

HT-J7750W​

Your HT has no support for Atmos; you have no need of Dolby Access.

Please add SRS Premium Sound Control Panel 1.7.22.0-1.12.95.0

SRS TheaterSound 3D
model="srscc3d_default" srs_product="cc3d"
SRS Universal APO 2.3.24.0

SRS can use other sound cards
For example USB and lightning
APO_Driver_2.9.9.7z https://www.mediafire.com/file/g4k50by1bq7j924e

Attachments

• 2021-11-04_113846.png
    2021-11-04_113846.png
    524.9 KB · Views: 225

tazcan

hello, when i try to install the patched realtek manager i only get DD live, but with my legacy motherboard drivers i can get dts interactive, how can ı fix it ?

xDarkBonEx

Hello @Alan Finotty

I've installed your drivers and everything seems to work, except one thing.

When I have speakers connected in the Headphone jack in my laptop, the sound comes both from the speakers and the laptop speakers at the same time.

Do you have a solution for that?

ps. I've tried KGAconfig (does not work at all)

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2

evwve

Hello,

I have to use your work with my new RIG to have DDL /DTS Live function back.
By the past I'm using a xfi:titanium PCIE without any issue for the encoder function. (DDL-DTS-live)

Your moded realtek drivers are installed with DCH apo (ddl-DTS patched) and Asio only

My z680 Logitech detect the dts or Dolby signal, but I have 2 issues :

The sound card selected is : Realtek Digital Output (AFF optimus universal Sound) and configured in "DTS interactive (5.1 surround) " (same result with " Dolby Digital Live")

1) Front - center- sub are correctly mapped and diffused on the good Loudspeakers, but rear channels are also mixed into the front loud speaker Like 3.1 configuration instead of 5.1

I have test using media player classic with a film which have 5.1. If I uncheck front-sub-center, to listen only rear channel, the rear channel is played into front speaker.
If I switch in analog mod. with the same test and no probleme rear channel is played into rear loudspeaker.

Any solution to have the rear channel diffused in my rear Loudspeaker using DDL - DTS live ?

2) Sometime the DDL - DTS live disappeared and I need to uninstall all, and reinstall all to have the possibility to chose DDL-DTS live

My Rig:

X570 gigabyte Xtreme :
- Rear 130dB SNR AMP-UP Audio with ALC1220-VB & ESS SABRE 9218 DAC with WIMA Audio Capacitors

Thanks

Last edited:

ghorwald

Hello everyone,

I have MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK with Realtek ALC1200. I use SteelSeries Siberia X300 headset or Logitech 2+1 speakers (Logitech X-530 5.1/70W RMS). Everything is running on Windows 10.
I installed last package (AAFOptimusAudioPack9231).
I have now bunch of new software available but all of them seems to do similar things. Could someone explain how should I use all this new features/software?

I have now available:
DTS:X Ultra
Dolby Atmos
Sonic Studio III
Sound Blaster Connect 720
DTS Sound Unbound

Should I use all of them at the same time? Or pick only one and disable others? Which one is the best for my motherboard?

Thank you for any help!

RodrigoVolta

Hello.

Just to notify you that I have had audio issues with some games like Fry Cry 5, Fry Cry New Dawn, Dying Light and Metro Exodus. The sound of the character's footsteps only came out on the right side and the songs tended to the right side, but it came out on the left too, it seemed a problem of spatiality. I solved the problem installing the driver only with the option "Realtek Patched APO" enabled and the others disabled. For some reason games reposition the audio of effects, music, etc wrongly when adding features in the driver like DTS, Dolby Atimos, DDL, etc. The driver version I am using is 6.0.9215.1. I tried using 6.0.9231.1 but nothing changed. I am using Windows 11 Home.

Another thing I noticed is that the legacy panel equalizer only appears if you don't have any other driver features installed like Realtek Panel, DTS Audio, Dolby Atmos, etc. And if you force the equalizer to show up on the panel, it won't work. You can move the sliders and nothing happens.

I hope that a version 100% compatible with Windows 11 will be released and these bugs fixed. I tested the latest driver version and for me, nothing has changed.

Grateful.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer ii
Memory 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws CL15 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8G
Storage 1Tb NVME Kingston KC2500 / 500GB Evo 860 / 3x 7200Rpm HDD
Display(s) Xiaomi Surface 34" Ultrawide
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-2090 / Logitech X530 5.1 / Sennheiser HD555 / Corsair Void USB
Power Supply 750W Corsair
Mouse Corsair Sabre RGB Laser
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro
Hello,

I have to use your work with my new RIG to have DDL /DTS Live function back.
By the past I'm using a xfi:titanium PCIE without any issue for the encoder function. (DDL-DTS-live)

Your moded realtek drivers are installed with DCH apo (ddl-DTS patched) and Asio only

My z680 Logitech detect the dts or Dolby signal, but I have 2 issues :

The sound card selected is : Realtek Digital Output (AFF optimus universal Sound) and configured in "DTS interactive (5.1 surround) " (same result with " Dolby Digital Live")

1) Front - center- sub are correctly mapped and diffused on the good Loudspeakers, but rear channels are also mixed into the front loud speaker Like 3.1 configuration instead of 5.1

I have test using media player classic with a film which have 5.1. If I uncheck front-sub-center, to listen only rear channel, the rear channel is played into front speaker.
If I switch in analog mod. with the same test and no probleme rear channel is played into rear loudspeaker.

Any solution to have the rear channel diffused in my rear Loudspeaker using DDL - DTS live ?

2) Sometime the DDL - DTS live disappeared and I need to uninstall all, and reinstall all to have the possibility to chose DDL-DTS live

My Rig:

X570 gigabyte Xtreme :
- Rear 130dB SNR AMP-UP Audio with ALC1220-VB & ESS SABRE 9218 DAC with WIMA Audio Capacitors

Thanks
The fix has been mentioned several times since last year with optical/digital output.

You have to untick "enable audio enhancements" for the rears to work. the setting is under the sound properties > s/pdif out > advanced tab > untick the "enable audio enhancements". apply all. This is ONLY if you are using the patched APO on its own with digital output. For the other effects to work you have to leave it ticked, its an odd issue but this is the only current fix that works atm.

if you cant find the sound properties, u can go to the classic control panel > sound or use "run" and type "mmsys.cpl sounds"

Last edited:

RodrigoVolta

Hello everyone,
I have MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK with Realtek ALC1200. I use SteelSeries Siberia X300 headset or Logitech 2+1 speakers (Logitech X-530 5.1/70W RMS). Everything is running on Windows 10.
I have now bunch of new software available but all of them seems to do similar things. Could someone explain how should I use all this new features/software?

I have now available:
Dolby Atmos
Sonic Studio III
DTS Sound Unbound

Should I use all of them at the same time? Or pick only one and disable others? Which one is the best for my motherboard?

Thank you for any help!

Hello.

Personally, I don't like these features as the effects sound too artificial. There are many artifacts that more hinder than help!

If you like purer and more exquisite sound, I hope you'll install the legacy driver panel which has a 10-band equalizer and some additional features like gain control and surround. I don't know if it's possible to activate this panel on your card, but if you want to activate it, you have to uninstall the driver completely and remove all Metro Sound apps like DTS, Dolby, Realtek, etc. Then, when installing the driver again, leave ONLY THE SECOND OPTION "Realtek Patched APO" checked and install the driver. When you restart your computer, a speaker icon will appear on your taskbar. Click on it and it will open the legacy panel. Go to the option "sound effect" and click on the blue icon that contains 3 sliders and the equalizer will appear. Ready!

naimadekar

Hello everyone,

I have now available:
Dolby Atmos
Sonic Studio III
DTS Sound Unbound

Thank you for any help!
I used Dolby Atmos, Sonic Studio III, Sound Blaster Connect 720, the one I like the most is Sound Blaster Connect 720, music movies and mic efect to my kid play all very good !, Sonic Studio III is good too, to power sound while watching movies !
The sound is subjective to everyone, try all separately and see which one feels better to your ear, there is not a choice for everyone, no matter what any pseudo musician tells you, what may sound good to you, maybe not to another person. Cheers

evwve

The fix has been mentioned several times since last year with optical/digital output.

You have to untick "enable audio enhancements" for the rears to work. the setting is under the sound properties > s/pdif out > advanced tab > untick the "enable audio enhancements". apply all. This is ONLY if you are using the patched APO on its own with digital output. For the other effects to work you have to leave it ticked, its an odd issue but this is the only current fix that works atm.

if you cant find the sound properties, u can go to the classic control panel > sound or use "run" and type "mmsys.cpl sounds"
Thanks a lot, I will test that asap.
I will reinstall the drivers, I have tested the "DTS DCH Driver for Realtek [DTS:X]" from Ferather and DTS interactive working great ^^ but no pannel control or options (or not find, I'm a newbie about Soundcard possibilities)

But for my second issue, when DTS live / DDL disapear from listing, any tricks to recover them, without reinstall ?

BlueCartwheel

Question about how the audio stack works:

Several people (Kylek29, dhrto, evwve, Phailed, Lai_yunie_yanto) wanting 5.1 surround over SPDIF with Alan's patched APO have suggested or been told to 'disable audio enhancements', otherwise rear channels are mapped to the front 3.1 channels.

Why does disabling this resolve the problem? The only reason I can find is "a bug in Alan's driver". Is there an audio enhancement (is this another word for APO?) in the stack that otherwise causes an incorrect channel mapping? Or does using audio enhancements limit the number of channels Windows can pass through the stack?

Disabling enhancements works for me with the current modded DCH drivers, ALC1220 + DDL encoder + Sonos Boom Gen1 (takes DD/AC3 only).

However, the reason I'm asking is because the Creative X4 USB sound card I actually want to use exhibits the same 'all channels mapped to 3.1' behaviour when using its Dolby Digital Live encoder.
Apparently this has been a known problem of Creative DDL handling over several years and different products.

In the Creative case, disabling audio enhancements stops SPDIF/AC3 sound output altogether, so I guess their DDL encoder is itself an audio enhancement.

But if I understood the mechanism by which audio enhancements affect channel mapping, perhaps I could push their support in the right direction.

Thanks for all your work!

tayschrenn

New poster / new into the community as a whole, but wanted to see if I'm off base on this...
I have a receiver that can do 5.1, and it works fine with Netflix/etc in pass through from my Asus Xonar SE (appears to be using Realtek S1220A / C-Media 6620A chipset) but I'm a bit wary of installing the APO4 as I don't know whether or not it's designed for cards like this, or if it's more GPU/Motherboard audio. Edit: Specifically to allow for 5.1 from games and other non DDL/DTS encoded streams

My board sadly doesn't have SPDIF, and using HDMI from my RX 580 seems to cause some issues with performance in games (I believe this is due to having a screen 'mirrored' to allow HDMI Audio to the receiver without having a monitor off of it)

I'm half tempted to just break down and buy a new audio card that has DDL in it at this rate.

Edit:
It looks like spdif just... can't pass an encode like that?

I'm going to try the HDMI route again, though I'm wary of the performance impact on it. If only I could buy a newer GPU hahaha. /alas

Would this be the best forum to ask such questions?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
System Name CRAY_IV
Processor AMD Ryzen 7700x (UV 65W 70°C -20CO)
Motherboard Asus B650E-F
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory Kingston FURY 6000CL32 Renegade
Video Card(s) Asus RTX 4070 Dual (UV 2610@0.91V)
Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB + WD Red 3TB
Display(s) NEC MultiSync EA244WMi
Case Lian Li PC-7HA
Audio Device(s) Topping E30+L50, AKG K550 / KEF Egg
Power Supply SeaSonic Platinum SS-660XP²
Mouse Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate
Hello, I'm new to these driver mods, living behind the rock for last few years with the very old Asus/Realtek driver in W10 21H1 for my ALC1150 :)
After uninstall and cleaning of audio drivers I have installed version AAF 6.0.9219.1 with Legacy Audio manager and Patched Realtek APO.
Audio is working, I'm enjoying new possibilities but have a problem with unstable volume. After installation it seemed much louder with analog headphones out and SPDIF out to my DAC.
But after activating any Spacial sound mode (Sonic/DTS) the volume becomes very silent (maybe 10% of the default/NonSonic volume) in game i play (Division2).
Checked the volume settings in the mixer and all is set to 100%. Not sure how to fix this. :cool:
Is this a known problem of the particular version or I need to edit/reset some settings in the dangerously looking "AAF ALC Audio Policy Tweak Tool"?
I would be thankful for any help. :respect:

OK, I did some more testing, re-installations and have some findings.
Re-installed the last version AAF 6.0.9231.1, tested with Unpatched Realtek APO - SPDIF out can't be used, errors even with test sounds.
Re-installed with Patched Realtek APO - SPDIF out is working fine, but the low volume problem with active Sonic mode remains.
Not sure, maybe it's Division2 related, volume is set to 100% in the mixer but sound is too silent with Sonic active.

Attachments

• HDA utility1.png
    HDA utility1.png
    38.7 KB · Views: 183
Last edited: