• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

Spatial modes are all for [stereo], I don't think there is [multichannel] spatial, instead you get upmix to populate unused channels (example 5.1 to 11.1). You can use DTS just fine.

System Name Home System
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7950X Raphael AM5 4.5GHz 16-Core
Motherboard TUF Gaming X670E-Plus Wifi
Cooling Corsair H150i Elite LCD
Memory G.Skill Flare X5 Series 32GB DDR5-6000 32 GB Kit
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 4080 16GB XTREME WATERFORCE
Storage 2TB SSD (OS), 10TB HDD (Games)
Display(s) 27" LG IPS x3
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D
Audio Device(s) Klipsch 5.1 ProMedia Ultra speakers
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 1600 G+, 80+ Gold 1600W, Fully Modular
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K75
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Pro
Spatial modes are all for [stereo], I don't think there is [multichannel] spatial, instead you get upmix to populate unused channels (example 5.1 to 11.1). You can use DTS just fine.

Thanks for replying. That makes sense. It seems that DTS and all of the effects in SoundBlaster 720 are all disabled as I have to have the disable all sound effects checked just to get any sound. Why is that happening? It did not occur on my previous motherboard that had a Realtek chip (although I used the manufacturer's driver and SoundBlaster version)..

I believe its the way the driver or extension .inf sets up the device and SFX-MFX-EFX keys and data. I am guessing there is some missing data or similar.
If you disable sound effects, the device enters raw mode (or what Microsoft call raw mode), which disables SFX-MFX but not EFX.

APO's such as DTS, Creative, have SFX-MFX-EFX keys which are placed on the device (example Speakers), if they are not working, you get no sound.

So when you disable to get sound, this means EFX is working but one or more of the SFX-MFX keys are not working, no sound processing.

Audio Engine.png

System Name Home System
Display(s) 27" LG IPS x3
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K75
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Pro
I believe its the way the driver or extension .inf sets up the device and SFX-MFX-EFX keys and data. I am guessing there is some missing data or similar.
If you disable sound effects, the device enters raw mode (or what Microsoft call raw mode), which disables SFX-MFX but not EFX.

APO's such as DTS, Creative, have SFX-MFX-EFX keys which are placed on the device (example Speakers), if they are not working, you get no sound.

So when you disable to get sound, this means EFX is working but one or more of the SFX-MFX keys are not working, no sound processing.

View attachment 299329
Thanks for the reply. So, since these drivers seem to have a problem, at least with my setup, do you think the KGA thing and the version of Soundblaster 720 in this set would work with the motherboard's driver set.

You would need to ask AAF to get a full answer on that question. So you basically want to bolt on some APO's to the motherboards drivers?

System Name Home System
Display(s) 27" LG IPS x3
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K75
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Pro
You would need to ask AAF to get a full answer on that question. So you basically want to bolt on some APO's to the motherboards drivers?
Well, I didn't. I wanted to use these drivers, but they don't work. I have to disable sound effects to get any sound so I lose all the benefits that the SoundBlaster 720 & DTS stuff provides.

I would love to help but unfortunately I don't have any steps you can take to fix that issue, I can only guess what the issue is. How important is Soundblaster?
If you don't mind losing SB, then my driver might prove to be an alternative, but its DTS only. The package is close to an official package.

Speakers.pngDTS DCH - Optical.png

When using Interactive, SPDIF is set to 6 channel 24b/48k, fully, with all effects.

Last edited:
System Name Home System
Display(s) 27" LG IPS x3
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K75
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Pro
The only reason I wanted to use SoundBlaster is because this Asus board's sound output, even on extreme amplify is kind of low. I used SoundBlaster on my previous motherboards to use the loudness setting and increase the sound a bit more. Otherwise, it is not that important. Was also just interested in trying this driver set.

With your driver, am I able to use my analog Klipsch ProMedia Ultimates or do I need to use a receiver to decode DTS? I don't use SPDIF at the moment.

You can add E-APO to the driver and add gain that way, normally just adding E-APO on SFX adds some gain, as it disables Realtek SFX, which can reduce the volume.
No you don't need any SPDIF equipment to run the driver, analogue is all working as intended (following post 1 install instructions).

E-APO.png

Can anyone help with disabling automatic jack sensing because my headphones do not have a mic but the driver stops using the internal laptop one when i plug them in and i lose any kind of mic, the realtek uwp app doesn't work at all crashing on startup so i can't disable it from there, so that's why id like to separate all input jacks as separate input devices, which was easy with the old non uwp app which wasnt buggy as hell

Last edited:

AnoJeero977

Hey, What should I do if none of these drivers not working on laptop speakers on Asus FX506LH, even DTS:X Ultra and Sound Unbound (I had a license)?
Working only with USB audio (Jabra Evolve) and doesn't work with Kraken X Lite on a 3.5 jack.

genvaraarrrarar

Hello gents, i have installed the driver, including the Dolby Atmos app for it, however i tried to get "Dolby Access" to work, it keeps asking to buy for it, or use the trial... i even tried installing the OEM app (which i'm assuming has the license keys, i saw a "LicenseKeysPC.json" in the appx), but it still didnt work, am i missing something here or does it not work and i should be using the "Dolby Atmos" App that came with this driver?

jmnielsen7

Wow, I'm stepping into a massive thread here. I'm in over my head with all the details here, but I'm hoping someone can help me in a pinch.

I bought a new HP Envy and want to run Pro Tools with varying sample rates. The problem is, the Realtek card is locked into 48kHz, and all my Pro Tools projects at 44.1kHz will not open because the chip "is not capable" of that sample rate -- at least according to what Windows shows me. But I'm not 100% convinced (yet) its actually a hardware limitation as much as it is a driver limitation of the HP provided RealTek Driver + whatever "Bang & Olufsen" throws into the mix.

I shared screenshots and a problem description on the HP forums here. See there for screenshots from Device Manager and my Pro Tools error.

If I decoded the ID correctly (using this reference) for my Realtek chip here, based on 0245 it is using the ALC245 codec. Googling "ALC245" consistently brings up HP Envy results on Google, so seems to be barking up the right tree.

realtek.png

What I would hope to see is more PCM audio sample rates than 48000 Hz, like this example output from GitHub for an ALC256 codec shows:

pcm.png

I honestly don't know how those codec codes work, and if other codecs could be applied to the same chip (feel free to educate me there, if you feel like it), but in the end -out of desperation to not have to return this laptop that I just purchased, with only 7 days left on my return policy- I stumbled on this thread.

TL;DR Can installing a custom driver like this DHC Audio Driver provide a substitute for the Realtek chip that my HP Envy has that might give me more Audio Sample Rates, or is it the hardware and I'm just screwed?

@Ferather You seem rather knowledgeable about the ALC codecs based on some of your responses on a previous page. Could you weigh in on whether I'm barking up the wrong tree here? Is the ALC number independent of the actual hardware capabilities, and can this modded driver help?

Last edited:
INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0245, does not specific an ALC version if I google it. These days the dev id doesn't always equal the ALC version.
I have an [ALC S1220A], which comes with a few different 'DEV_' id's, which don't match specifically to the ALC version (instead OEM).

1687509244723.png

I am going to go ahead and guess the [Speakers] you are trying to use are the internal ones? If so they might not support 44.1k and wont show.
Plug in some random headphones or speakers (or even just a jack plug cable), and see what is supported in formats then.

Push comes to shove, you could try Virtual Audio Cable, to accept 44.1k input, but output to 48k [Speakers].

jmnielsen7

Ah, I had no idea that value might change based on the output speakers. That didn't occur to me. Yes I was initially testing with the built in speakers, but I do have Sennheiser HD 280 monitor headphones I can try. I'll test that as soon as I can. Thanks for the suggestion.

Internal speakers can have a set format, format range, because they are built in, and don't change. External speakers are a variable, as in, various speakers active/passive can be plugged in.
External speakers will have varying specifications which they support, what formats the external analogue speakers support is not something that is detected.

When you plug in Speakers or Headphones into the external port, the formats supported by Realtek will show, not the device.

jmnielsen7

Fascinating. Your replies here gave me the idea to ask ChatGPT (naturally, right?). Its responses were interesting:

Q: Even though supported sample rates can vary between different sound card models and manufacturers, will Windows 10 offer a selection of more sample rates if I change my output audio device such as speakers or headphones? Can certain speakers or headphones support different sample rates, or does only the sound card itself determine that regardless of the output?

A (ChatGPT):
Windows 10 typically provides a range of sample rates that are supported by the audio device itself, whether it's a sound card, built-in audio chipset, or an external audio interface. When you change the output audio device, such as speakers or headphones, the available sample rates may vary depending on the capabilities of that specific audio device.

The sample rates that a speaker or headphone can support depend on its design, specifications, and intended use. While some audio devices, especially higher-end ones, may support a wider range of sample rates, others may have more limited options.

However, it's important to note that the audio device itself can only support sample rates that are within the capabilities of the underlying sound card or audio chipset. The sound card or audio chipset acts as the primary audio processing component, and its supported sample rates determine the maximum sample rates that can be used by any connected output devices.

When configuring the sample rates in Windows 10, the available options will be based on the combination of the audio device (speakers or headphones) and the capabilities of the sound card or audio chipset. Windows will present you with the sample rate options that are supported by both the output device and the underlying audio hardware.

In summary, while the output audio device may influence the available sample rates to some extent, it is ultimately the sound card or audio chipset that determines the supported sample rates.

Q: Why would Windows 10 show certain speakers as only allowing a 48 kHz sample rate, but not the lower sample rate 44.1 kHz. Doesn't it stand to reason that if speakers can support 48 kHz that they should be able to support the lower sample rate of 44.1 kHz? If not, then why not?

A (ChatGPT):
It is generally expected that if speakers or headphones can support a higher sample rate, such as 48 kHz, they should also be able to support lower sample rates like 44.1 kHz. However, in some cases, you may encounter situations where Windows 10 or other operating systems do not display the lower sample rate as an option for a specific audio device, even though it supports higher sample rates.
The reason for this discrepancy can be attributed to several factors:
  1. Software and driver limitations: The sample rate options presented by the operating system are determined by the audio drivers and software. It's possible that the drivers or software for a particular audio device may have limitations or configuration settings that prevent the display of certain sample rate options. This can occur due to compatibility issues, default settings, or design choices made by the manufacturer.
  2. Certification requirements: Some audio devices, particularly those targeted towards specific markets or certifications, may have restrictions on the available sample rates. For example, certain audio devices designed for professional or broadcast applications may prioritize compatibility with specific standards and only offer sample rates that align with those standards.
  3. Marketing or feature differentiations: In some cases, manufacturers may choose to limit the sample rate options for specific audio devices as a way to differentiate their product lineup. This decision may be based on marketing strategies or intended target audiences, where higher-end devices are marketed to audio enthusiasts or professionals who require a broader range of sample rates.
  4. Hardware design considerations: While it is generally expected that a device supporting a higher sample rate should also support lower sample rates, there can be technical considerations that impact the design and implementation of an audio device. Variations in analog circuitry, internal processing, or other hardware-related factors might result in certain sample rates being omitted or not advertised for a specific device.
In summary, while it may seem logical for an audio device supporting a higher sample rate to also support lower sample rates, the display of sample rate options in Windows 10 can be influenced by various factors, including software limitations, certification requirements, marketing strategies, and hardware design considerations. It is always advisable to consult the manufacturer's documentation or support resources for specific information about the supported sample rates of a particular audio device.

Last edited:

jmnielsen7

@Ferather So, although that was a brilliant suggestion, after trying my Sennheiser headphones and bose speakers as attached through the 3.5mm audio out it did not 'unlock' and more kHz options.

Nonetheless, I found a cheating/not cheating option to solve my problem with Pro Tools: I installed ASIO4ALL and it bypasses Windows' drivers and interacts with the Realtek chip itself, all the while allowing 44.1 kHz (incidentally proving the chip is indeed capable of supporting 44.1 kHz). When Pro Tools is open it takes over the sound output completely for a given device (most notably meaning that if it was your OS' default audio device it mutes it, effectively), but it also passes control to you if you select the ASIO driver to use the ASIO4ALL control panel with its advanced Sample Rate selection options.

So in the end, I got Pro Tools working.

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
Hi @AAF Optimus , why did you ended up the USB-Support for your excellent Drivers? It sounds very sad to me, because I wish sometimes to buy an ASUS Crosshair X670E Extreme...

jmnielsen7

Greetings to all sound enthusiasts, who want to have a better audio experience on their PCs but don't want to spend a lot on physical upgrades.
I present to you the AAF DCH Optimus Sound:

DOWNLOADS & UPDATES HERE (LINK TO LATEST VERSION)

Latest HDAUDIO Driver Version: 6.0.9517.1
Totally Reworked Driver Pack!!!

No USB Support!

Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose "Provider" is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "A-Volute", "AAF Optimus", etc in the "Sound, Video and Game Controllers", "Extensions", "Software Components" and "Audio Processing Objects" device categories.

DOWNLOAD SOUND BLASTER X-FI MB5 (UPDATED):

ORIGINAL INSTALLER (SFX WINRAR FILE)

FIXED: ALTERNATIVE INSTALLER (REPACK BY ME - WITH PRESETS FOR HEADPHONES AND STEREO + AAF OPTIMUS PRESETS)
  • Use "/GenKGA" argument to execute KGA Config in Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 installer

• Realtek Interface
    • Realtek Audio Console (Universal)
  • Dolby Digital
  • DTS Interactive
  • Realtek Patch DDL/DTS
  • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi MB5 (Don't support HDMI Audio)
  • Creative Sound Blaster Connect:
    • 360°
    • 720°
    • Cinema 5
  • Creative Sound Blaster Connect 2:
    • 360°
    • 720°
  • Nahimic (APO4 Only)
    • Nahimic Easy Surround (BTLink)
    • Nahimic Mirroring
  • Sonic Studio 3 (ASUS ROG) (APO3 Only)
  • Support for Sonic Radar 3
  • Dolby
    • Dolby Atmos
    • Dolby Atmos Speaker System
    • Dolby Atmos Speaker System For Gaming
  • DTS
    • DTS Studio Sound
    • DTS:X Ultra

So I have to admit that I lack context for understanding this post. Several questions:
  1. Is this some kind of universal Realtek driver that will work with any Realtek chip?
  2. What features does it allow that the stock drivers do not?
  3. Is DCH (Declarative Componentized Hardware) support what this driver provides, or something your card has to support already?
  4. Also, why does this mention Sound Blaster made by Creative which is a totally different manufacturer/chip provider than Realtek?

Obviously, I missed a memo or README (which I would be glad to read if there is such additional reading).

Last edited:
@jmnielsen7 Yes, not much explanation here. I have seen posts that seem to indicate that people with my audio chipset [S1220A] have installed this driver, but it just doesn't work for me. Well, headphone jack detection works, but that's kind of useless if the headphones don't get any audio.

In case it helps anyone (even if it's just to avoid this driver), my motherboard is an Asus Rog Strix B350-F with the "SupremeFX" S1220A audio chip.
sound-blaster-not-found.PNG

saitama

Hey all. Having a really weird issue with these drivers.

MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk MB with Realtek ALC1200 / ALC1220P chipset.

Followed all the instructions (deleted all previously installed drivers) and drivers seemed to be installed properly. However, there was no audio at all during playback.

Decided to check sound properties while playing back some music and noticed the below:

Sound.png

Despite the output being selected as my speakers, it seems to be outputting to the S/PDIF!?

Any ideas as to what may be wrong?

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
Hi @AAF Optimus , why did you ended up the USB-Support for your excellent Drivers? It sounds very sad to me, because I wish sometimes to buy an ASUS Crosshair X670E Extreme...

guess you didn't get the memo, Metal-Tom

CHANGES

• Realtek Audio Console app version updated to 1.41.294.0
  • DTS:X Ultra app version updated to 1.11.14.0
  • USB support removed due to several serious user-reported malfunctions.

USB support removed since the 9514 release due to problems reported by some other users
the last version with realtek usb audio support is 9499

===

gonna wait & see if AAF Optimus will do a 6.0.9520.1 version, since Mokichu released a 9520 realtek dch asus driver about a week ago.

Last edited:
System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2