• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

flyingsaucer

Hi! Alan Finotty
First all thanks a lots for this wonderful driver/project

Here everything works flawless on:

Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 10.0.19044.1320
MB: ASUS HERO VIII
CPU: Intel i7 6700K@4000Mhz
COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO (no O.C.) (2 fan) + 5 fan in MB
RAM: 16GB Ripjaw 2133 MHz DDR4 RAM
VGA: SLI 2x Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 4GB
PSU: CoolerMaster 750W
DISPLAY: DELL 24" (1920x1200)
HDD: 2x 1TB WesternDigital RED + 1TB WesternDigital BLUE
CASE: CORSAIR

Intel Sunrise Point Z170, Intel Skylake-S

SupremeFX 2015​

High Definition Audio:
Name codec Realtek ALC1150
ID codec 10EC0900h / 10438691h
Revision codec 1000h
Type codec Audio

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A170&SUBSYS_86911043
Running <= HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_10438691&REV_1000\4&3D4356C&3&0001
Driver return version = 9279 <<6.0.9279.1>>
Driver return InternalName = RTKVHD64.sys 9279
Driver running model = eMd_Asus_General <83>
Power Data: Bus(D0), Codec(D0)

I would only ask this, which one profile it's used by the system since all these virtualization software have been installed?
DTS Sound unbound
DTS:X Ultra
Dolby Atmos for Gaming
Sound Blaster Connect

Last one that user opens and configure?

P.S.
Thanks a lots for your time and dedication.

grool

Hey @Alan Finotty, I have a strange problem.

Whenever I play some movies (not all) the dialogs are not coming from the center speaker. I even had a situation where the movie starts normally and then I lose the voices all of sudden. I just hear the lows coming from the SW. I have currently installed AAFOptimusAudioPack9279 - Universal Realtek driver, patched with Dolby and DTS, and additional Realtek AISO, DTS, DTS:X Ultra and Dolby Atmos for Gaming.

Is there any more information you need?

Motherboard is MSI Z490 Gaming Plus. According to MSI website audio codec is Realtek® ALC1200

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
Hey @Alan Finotty, I have a strange problem.

Whenever I play some movies (not all) the dialogs are not coming from the center speaker. I even had a situation where the movie starts normally and then I lose the voices all of sudden. I just hear the lows coming from the SW. I have currently installed AAFOptimusAudioPack9279 - Universal Realtek driver, patched with Dolby and DTS, and additional Realtek AISO, DTS, DTS:X Ultra and Dolby Atmos for Gaming.

Is there any more information you need?

Motherboard is MSI Z490 Gaming Plus. According to MSI website audio codec is Realtek® ALC1200

Did you run a Spk-Test especially for your Centerspeaker?

Luporion

Yo,
in the "EFFECTS AND IMAGES" section, it says that Sonic Radar is supported, but i can't seem to find it in the installation package, neither online.
Does your mod still support it, and how to obtain it then?

Maksim999

Is this an APO driver? I need an equalizer with saving presets and stabilizing the volume of sounds. It is also important that the audio settings are transmitted not only through the analog output. Which of the entire list of programs will suit me best? Have you added the ability to install only one of the components without installing additional software (for example, only Dolby advanced audio with a driver)? Is it possible to remove it from the system later without any leftovers?
thank you in advance for your answer.

flyingsaucer

Hi everyone.
Someone knows why Nahimic service crash on startup?

Attachments

• Sonic_III.jpg
    Sonic_III.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 163

repli

Alain, dear fellow AF DCH driver users:

Since being on Windows 11, there seems to be an issue (with APO handling or sleep modes?) using the latest DCH drivers: Whenever I start a video, be it on FB or YT, the video image will load very fast (DSL 250), but then there is a 5secs delay before the audio starts playing. This startup delay happens always on the first time playing a video in a certain environment, i.e. when playing consecutive vidoes on FB, they seem to NOT have this startup delay anymore. However, when switching over to YT, or then opening FB again, the lag will reappear... any ideas? I found another user who had the same issue, and by un-installing all Realtek type drivers, he fixed the problem, but when re-installing either Realtek or DCH-modded drivers, the issue would reappear...

grool

Did you run a Spk-Test especially for your Centerspeaker?
Thank you! I did run several tests for the center speaker the first time it happened and everything was OK with it. This time though, it was not, which lead me to believe that the problem is in the wire somewhere, since when I moved it, the center speaker started to work normally again. I guess it was a coincidence that the test worked the first time and the movie - not.

dimitri91

I use a Microsoft Wireless Headset and wanted to use this driver for Dolby Atmos. But somehow it does not work for my headset. The driver gets installed properly and I can choose "Dolby Atmos for Gaming" in the start menu. But it tells me that I have to connect a headset or speakers. Is it possible that this driver does not work with USB-/Wireless devices?

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF DCH Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
I use a Microsoft Wireless Headset and wanted to use this driver for Dolby Atmos. But somehow it does not work for my headset. The driver gets installed properly and I can choose "Dolby Atmos for Gaming" in the start menu. But it tells me that I have to connect a headset or speakers. Is it possible that this driver does not work with USB-/Wireless devices?
For this I recommend APO Driver

Luporion

Hey,
does anyone happen to know how to setup the "scout radar" in Sound Blaster Connect 720°? I just didn't figure it out, and the toggle ain't working...

AleksanderVM

Hi Alan,

Thank you for these drivers. I was struggling with R2.80/1/2 that would not work on my new B550M Mortar with ALC1200. Now it is perfect.

Atmos quit working in Windows since Oct so I just found this project now while looking for a fix :)
I still get the green light on my vizio soundbar saying Atmos is working but the rear speakers do not output anything.

I have NVidia GPU with HDMI connected directly to Atmos sound bar and my media player sends bit streaming audio to the sound bar.

I deleted audio drivers and disabled internet. I got the Setup.exe installed and I manually updated my audio device drivers to the drivers in \Driver64 folder.

I think I need to use the HD Audio device and not the AAF Optimus Universal device that appeared but I am seeing the driver is 10.0.19041.264 from Microsoft.

I chose Dolby Atmos Speaker System option when installing Setup.exe but when I run it says I have to plug in headphones to the audio jack. I need HDMI so this isn't working.

I don't know where to go from here, can I please get some direction to get me on the right path?

Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Gentlemen, I want to apologize in advance for not having released the package in version 9282 yet. The reason is that I'm making some aesthetic changes to the installer, and I'm also doing extensive testing to enable the latest version of Nahimic 3, now running from from APO version 4. Here are real images:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

@Alan Finotty, DTS Interactive is an encoder, not decoder, it encodes PCM to DTS Surround 5.1 (aka, DTS Audio, DTS Core).
DTS Interactive: 24bit/48k (HD) x 6 channels @1509kbps (1.5mbps), 503kbps per stereo.

DTS-HD MA and DTS-HD HRA both contain DTS Cores, for support.

Last edited:
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
I'm also doing extensive testing to enable the latest version of Nahimic 3, now running from from APO version 4. Here are real images:

View attachment 231799

View attachment 231800

View attachment 231801

View attachment 231802

View attachment 231803
Unfortunately, I was not successful. :( :(

NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9282.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: This driverpack isn't eligible for USB-based Realtek audio chips.

RECOMMENDATION:
Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative" or "Alan Finotty" in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

@Alan Finotty, If I have time I will look into it, maybe that is. At the moment I am focusing on recent changes with my DTS package.

I have recently unlocked the 2nd to last, newest, DTS controller, although its undergoing public testing, for me all working.
I myself have done 100% of the work in the latest package, please ask before using any files.

If you add the files, with permission, I ask you don't accept donates based on the DTS files I provide.

My current package, with optional-additional files, will unlock the entire suit on any device on the system, USB, SPDIF, HDMI etc.

1.png2.png

DTS Custom APO4 Special edition, notice the External Speakers (form factor) override for HDMI-SPDIF. Interactive:X for SPDIF-HDMI.

--

In one of my packages I intend to add the HDMI formats to SPDIF, unlocking SPDIF to its max.

1.png
2.png

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I was not successful. :( :(

DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9282.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

RECOMMENDATION:
Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative" or "Alan Finotty" in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!
Hi Alan, I apologize in advance for having to report a problem with your latest driver installation. This is related to the installation of the UWP app for Dolby Atmos for speakers not installed when selected at initial installation time. I've tried it twice. But it seems that the UWP app for dolby atmos for speakers is still not installed. Maybe you can check it out. (OS: Newest Windows 21H2) Thanks for the response.

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9285.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

RECOMMENDATION:

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

RECOMMENDATION:

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!
Hello Alan, it seems that Dolby Atmos For Speaker still can't be installed on your latest driver release. Only DTSx Ultra and Unbound installed + Realtek HDA Panel. :(
Thanks In Advance...

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Hello Alan, it seems that Dolby Atmos For Speaker still can't be installed on your latest driver release. Only DTSx Ultra and Unbound installed + Realtek HDA Panel. :(
Thanks In Advance...
I'll do my best to fix it, with more batteries of tests.

System Name Windows 10: Pro Insider x64
Processor i5-3570
Motherboard MSI P67s-C43 B3
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR3 1333mHz
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 2x Seagate 1TB 6Gbs 1x SSD 128GB
Display(s) LG 23" FLATRON E2355
Case THERMALTAKE CHASER MK-I
Audio Device(s) Receiver Onkyo Tx-NR 757
Power Supply C3 TECH 750W
Mouse THERMALTAKE PHERON
Keyboard A4TECH LED MULTIMEDIA
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

RECOMMENDATION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative" or "Alan Finotty" in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!
Battlefield 4 audio stop working when discord is open
i tried to change sound options of the Discord: standart, experimental, legacy
but still not working (dch or legacy)

SPECS: msi p67 - alc889 - win10 x64 21H2

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9289.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

RECOMMENDATION:

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!