• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF DCH Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9298.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB
Now, an installer package with just the necessary Realtek content is available, for those who are only interested in enabling their Realtek ALC audio chips with the basic features. I hope they make good use of it.

nonick

Since V.9268 I've had nothing but Driver Breaking issues, it's been
a long while I've been hoping for a fix for my issue but so far nothing.

The issues that recurs is that low frequencies are broken ( Bass )
Bass frequencies on V.9231 were fine.

Today I've tried the new version releases (V.9285 - V.9289 ) but the problem remains.
I will post in annex to this message a screenshot of my windows demonstrating
an aspect of the issue which is when I have audio enhancements Off the Low Frequencies
come back, when I activate it On Low Frequencies are Gone .. but off course it's an AAF
driver problem !

Unfortunately there's more problems. Since I first used this program
some years ago there's also been this problem where I had to fight with
this program in an Install and Uninstall battle as it seemed I had to figure
out which combination of selected options would work for me. I can't think
of this being normal but if you know me to be mistaken please do let me know.

In this other common recurring issue that the AAF driver does Not install,
only the 3rd party apps do, the AAF Realtek Audio icon created on Desktop
comes up without its black lettered icon, in other words install failed,
the Realtek universal app does not load, and yet when it all Seeemed to
have installed properly I still find it hasn't and while testing every time if I
disable audio enhancements from the windows Sound control panel sound
works again.

Additionally in regards to the last mentions the worst of it I've encountered
has been with V.9289, as it happened I tried all possible combinations
and None of them worked, I even tried one of these drivers in another
Win10 OS version but all these issues still happen the same.

Please fix this, Thanks.
Same for me. only V.9231 were fine. But on newest versions without weird sound, only DTS ULTRA app not working (showing active but has no effect on sound)

Last edited:
Now, an installer package with just the necessary Realtek content is available, for those who are only interested in enabling their Realtek ALC audio chips with the basic features. I hope they make good use of it.
Well you count me among the good use people! Mind you I am still using AAFHDAudioPack-6.0.8960.1.exe Have you take it down now? I think I have finally landed on the most useful and 100% stable install for my ALC892. Here are the steps I took:

Uninstalled app via control panel then also using DDU which now has uninstall for soundblaster and realtel. Reboot into recovery mode and allow unsigned mods (may be unnecessary) Before installing check to ensure Developer mode and other settiungs. Installed ONLY Realtek APO w/DDL/DTS and the ASIO driver. ***Note on DDU it also uses DriverStore now***

Reboot. Go to audio device properties, playback tab and select Optical since I am using TOSLINK out to Denon receiver. I like to rename it and change icons because I manually switch between headsets and optical and there are two spdif devices. Supported formats shows DTS and Dolby Digital as formats and only 48kHz under Sample Rates. I used to select all the formats but I leave it alone now. In order to get DTS working you have to manually select under pull down menu for Default Format. I also do the test to make sure it works. You may need to select the device under sound settings too. I have not tied DDL. The receiver has a specific DTS input format so thats all I need but I may play around other formats later when I start doing video upscaling.

This may not be necessary for everyone but on Advanced tab I also always UN-select tab where it says "Allow exclusive control" because I use multiple audio apps at once. I don't know if this issue may be limited to older hardware but if its not selected I have had problems. I also choose to select "Disable all sound effects" and then select box for Dolby (default is OFF) Spatial should be off. Apply then OK. I repeat all these steps with the green front panel audio jack for headset too. With the exception of selecting 2 channel, 24bit, 48Hz for format.

Last step but seems to be important for how I use uit Open Realtek HDA manager, click Device Advance Settings and choose "Make front and rear output playback...simultaneously" and "Seperate all inputs" This actually causes the audio device to reload so you may need to check test tone. I also like to select "enable auto popup when device is plugged in" as its off by default. Dolby is also default OFF

As far as I can tell its necessary to launch Dolby Atmos at least once after rebooting to get it working. After that I have just been leaving it on Dynamic and/or Auto Profile but I am still experimenting to see whats best for movies, music and games. That said, this is stable with ALC892 and not only sounds great over 7.1 I have not had issues with Dolby Atmos corrupting or crashing as I had with Creative, Sonic and Niantic. Movies and music sound incredible. Games too. If anyone does have a way to use "gaming" software on older hardware let me know. But for now this is a triumph. The Denon reciever has a manual sewlect for PCM and DTS and I think DTS in moves sounds way better. But I just had surgery one ear and the other is still mostly occluded so I am not the best judge.

Thank you Alan! Did you take down the basic package? Should I try new one? Cheers! Does anyone use DDL? I have never tried it.

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2

thanks Alan.

hope you can make a 6.0.9301.1 version, based on this 9301 driver from ASRock that came out a few days ago.
and perhaps include v1.35.264.0 of the Realtek Audio Console app

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
Hi Alan
Did you just read the Specs of the USB-driven ALC408x...?
It might be incompatible with the current DCH-Base, so it seems...

A german Blogger, called Igor Wallossek, wrote last Year following Article: "The old ALC4080 demystified and the Differences from ALC1220".

So it could be, that you begin to expand your Driver-Functionality up onto this USB-Variation...?

He would need the device to test on, but it might be possible. USB uses different files and configuration, enough that certain APO's don't work.

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Cooling Boxed
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Then I'll ask for a Friend: How about the Creative SB-Chips, are they only available on PCI(-E)-Soundcards, or on MoBoards as OnBoard-Solution too?

He would need the device to test on, but it might be possible. USB uses different files and configuration, enough that certain APO's don't work.

As I see, in Example the new ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Extreme is enhancing such an ALC, so he can test this about

Their HDAUDIO range is on PCI(-E), internal. If onboard it should also be HDAUDIO, unless its a USB model.

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Cooling Boxed
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Their HDAUDIO range is on PCI(-E), internal. If onboard it should also be HDAUDIO, unless its a USB model.

Ok, nice to know

If you open 'System Information', you can see the 'PNP Device ID', the DEV_ is the chip, for example DEV_0889 is ALC 889.

1643398151562.png

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF DCH Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
thanks Alan.

hope you can make a 6.0.9301.1 version, based on this 9301 driver from ASRock that came out a few days ago.
and perhaps include v1.35.264.0 of the Realtek Audio Console app
This version is now ready for release. I will ship it tomorrow (GMT-3)

DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9301.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: This driverpack isn't eligible for USB-based Realtek audio chips.

RECOMMENDATION:
Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "Alan Finotty", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

dusko

My center speaker and subwoofer are reverse before i had option in HD audio manager to switch it but now there is no such option can i edit some file or something please help

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-30 081731.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-30 081731.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 189
I have a question someone might be able to shed light on. Normally I switch between my headset via front green audio jack or the optical out to a rreceiver, sometimes both simultaneously but the other a horrible persistent static started and I given up using it. The immediate solution was to use adapter and go directly into the front 1/4" headphone jack on the receiver. But I was wondering if theres a way to diagnose jaack, its old and may have a loose connection. I thought it was cable but never seemed to find a cause. The receiver has actually been great for games and wanting to use audio queses with a sense of directional sound in first person shooters. Most recent games do this well and with a headset on its hard for someone to creep up from behind if you know how far away its sounds, whether they are coming towards you and their pace. I didn't think it would be as good as a headset but its really close. I had my ear surgery two months ago and the other ear later this year so my hearing is 100% improved on one side. Right now it sounds great and its probably related to just using Dolby Atmos. Its a big improvement over the stock RT HDA but I am on older hardware (ALC892) with the original driver package. I dont use MS store so I can install any of the new stuff. But the 7.1 receiver has dedicated DTS and program to tweak levels and fit the room. It even has its own mic for tone testing. It's about 8 years old and probably inexpensive for the sound output. Downside would be it has terrible interface with a very long manual and zero inuitive way to get DTS working without googling tutorial. Sadly I have neighbors close by so I rarely play at theater volumes but when I do it is worth the time.

espiree

Hi Alan,

I have a PlexHD X79 Xeon motherboard with an ALC892 codec and 7.1 audio output panel, but no special SPDIF connector, neither optical nor coaxial, and I use only analog stereo speaker output adjust on Realtek audio console.

Also have this:

1643570923624.png
1643570958070.png
1643571074941.png

Connects to Front Audio motherboard header and has a bypass to case front panel for headphone and mic.
All of these worked fine, the speakers sound as front stereo speakers and muting when a headphone is connected to front case panel.

I´ve upgraded to 9301 drivers yesterday, and the front speakers stopped working, despite existing as a sound option, and headphones and mic working ok thru bypass.
The rear center subwoofer remains white as active in realtek audio console, despite nothing connected in that or any other jack.
Both SPDIF remain white as active, despite nothing connected.

1643568122962.png

Not a single device connected to a jack, this run as above, no sound.
And yes NVIDIA Hda out is not the default audio neither is selected as audio out.
1643571491961.png

And with a headphone and mic at the front jacks, via case speakers pass thru, the headset works ok.
"Disabled the front panel jack detection" selected off, makes no difference at all.headset sounds ok, as the main device is AAF Speaker Out.

1643569020260.png

Above , device manager, LH-811'es are bluetooth headset coonections related, One Max'es are my mobile connections via Bluetooth, all bluettoth audio disconnected long time ago and no issues with it at all.
MT-32 is a midi emulator, was installed since forever, and have no issues either

1643570616984.png

the CODEC

1643569118348.png

six 7.1 rear audio connectors
1643569209956.png

Front HD Audio connector is at the left edge of the last picture. Never found a SPDIF connector in the mobo for a coaxial or optical bracket.

In BIOS, however, there is a setting for SPDIF over HDMI, with disable/enable values, resting in disable now, because it mades no sense since neither Xeon processors nor this mobo have on board VGA.

Tried everything within this panel to make my case front speakers 5.25 module work thru HD Audio connector again, zero success.

I believe this is software/drivers related, since things worked ok before driver upgrade. Maybe they´re not correctly tasked for the mobo 7.1 connectors.

Also believe that the new driver makes the codec recognize the front audio panel as center/subwoofer.

Driver rollback didn´t work, many driver uninstall/reinstalls before with no success either, even using ddu and driverstoreexplorer.

Can you provide any help?

Thanks in advance, and for everyone that can help.

Thanks for the new version @Alan Finotty
But sadly I have two problems :(
1) In the realtek audio console panel i lost the option surround, only that option disappeared i have (ALC887)

2) Problems with Nahimic in all games i test in 2.0 stereo, I hear very low sound behind me, waterfall, water fountains, people talking etc
I stopped the namhic service and reboot my computer to find the problem, with sb 720 and dolby atmos no problems

Last edited:
@Alan Finotty, and also @Everyone, if you have an ALC 892, there are 3 revisions of that chip, 2 have errors-typos in them, 1 works perfectly.
The other matter is MSI versions, which seem to be different enough that in many cases SPDIF needs extra unlocking.

Yesterday I helped some with both ALC 892 and MSI version with my main DTS DCH driver, they had to re-task SPDIF then back each boot.

So if you have an ALC 892, MSI version, or both, what works for you may not work for the larger audience, or visa versa.

I have had at least 4 cases where a MSI version, for example ALC 1200, needed a policy to unlock DTS.

This version is now ready for release. I will ship it tomorrow (GMT-3)

DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9301.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION: This driverpack isn't eligible for USB-based Realtek audio chips.

RECOMMENDATION:
Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative", "Alan Finotty", etc in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions, Software Components and Audio Processing Objects categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!
Does not work. What to do ?

Attachments

• 2022-02-01.png
    2022-02-01.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 149

megas91

Greetings to all sound enthusiasts, who want to have a better audio experience on their PCs but don't want to spend a lot on physical upgrades.
I present to you the AAF Optimus Sound:

Downloads & Updates Here

Latest Version: 6.0.9301.1

• Realtek Interface
    • Realtek HD Audio Manager (Legacy)
    • Realtek Audio Console (Universal)
  • Dolby Digital Encoder
  • DTS Interactive Encoder
  • Realtek APO Patched
  • Creative Sound Blaster Connect:
    • 360°
    • 720°
    • Cinema 5
  • Nahimic by AAF Optimus (Modified) (APO4 Only)
  • Sonic Studio 3 (ASUS ROG) (APO4 Only)
  • Support for Sonic Radar 3
  • Dolby
    • Atmos Speaker System
    • Atmos For Gaming
  • DTS
    • DTS:X Ultra
    • Sound Unbound

In case Sound Blaster Connect doesn't work, download the tool below to solve the problem:
KGA Automatic Configuration Download (Link Updated)

Enjoy AAF Optimus Sound!!!
friend, I have a home theater (onkyo tx sr 393) I've done everything to make DTS work correctly, I even bought the license and so on. but I can't get the pc to play the sound to home correctly.
Would there be any way to use a realtek panel with it? i use hdmi cable, due to atmos.

Do you mean DTS:X Home Theatre or DTS Interactive? So far 'to my knowledge', DTS:X Home Theatre requires Windows 11, and its not operational just yet for some reason.
You can send encoded files-data via both HDMI and SPDIF via WASAPI exclusive, however the PCM transcoder (DTS:X HT) does not seem to output audio.

I am not 100% sure why because DTS Interactive in APO form, works on SPDIF and HDMI just fine, it even sets up the device.

Last edited:
Do you mean DTS:X Home Theatre or DTS Interactive? So far 'to my knowledge', DTS:X Home Theatre requires Windows 11, and its not operational just yet for some reason.
You can send encoded files-data via both HDMI and SPDIF via WASAPI exclusive, however the PCM transcoder (DTS:X HT) does not seem to output audio.

I am not 100% sure why because DTS Interactive in APO form, works on SPDIF and HDMI just fine, it even sets up the device.
I have Windows 11 and when I try to select DTS:X Home Theater from SPDIF it sends me to the Microsoft Store where the DTS sound link is. The most curious thing is that I have purchased the DTS licenses I suppose that my Sony BDV-N9200w home theater does not support DTS X

Does not work. What to do ?
Try the version of driver AAF DCH Optimus Sound 6.0.9289.1 , works for me

sonic.jpg

@Alan Finotty I discovered that Sonic Studio 3 and Nahimic also shares the same problem with the rear channels, i can share a video if you want

Last edited:
I installed these drivers but I have a question, (my motherboard has ALC898) it is normal that if I not active dolby atmos for gaming I don't listen bass from subwoofer? I have 2.1 speakers and set stereo from realtek panel, but if I change to quad, 5.1... I can listen bass. Thanks

unitek1

hello can someone help me ? i have problems with all audio programs i install the AAFOptimusAudioPack9301 newest version and when i try opened i have this nothing not working when i running aaFoptimusAudioPack i choose install the game dolby atmos this program i dont see in starts its not install i can't search it (dolby atmos game)

before installling this driver pack i uninstall all audio drivers with driver store explorer program maybe i do something wrong i dont know im new in this ? i use the logitech z906 speakers
7.png
6.png

2.png
5.png

my motherboard specifications
gigabyte b250m d3h
  1. Realtek® ALC892 codec
  2. High Definition Audio
  3. 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
  4. Support for S/PDIF Out

not all software make change at setting with headphone

which software is good for headphone?