• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

Try 8688 or 8648 and mod it yourself to Dolby Digital Plus, or even better try Dolby Digital Theater 4 using FX configurator. The SoundBlaster Connect 2 seems to muddle the sound a lot for some reason, compared to stock with one of the Dolby enabled.

KRYPTO64

NEW REALTEK DRIVERPACKS RELEASED
VERSION 6.0.1.8631

• TURTLE BEACH EFFECTS WITH DTS HEADPHONE:X CUSTOM
  • DOLBY HEADPHONE
  • NO CREATIVE CHAINING (DAISYWRAP)
  • DOLBY DIGITAL LIVE (5.1 SURROUND)
  • DTS INTERACTIVE (5.1 SURROUND)

LINK TO DOWNLOAD

GOOD RESORT!!!!!!!!!

Could someone please post this driver or post an updated one with dolby headphone, thanks.

Could someone please post this driver or post an updated one with dolby headphone, thanks.

realcapone

Link is not working anymore. Can someone post the latest link that Alan uploaded? The ones posted by others are of different versions. Thank you.

Link is not working anymore. Can someone post the latest link that Alan uploaded? The ones posted by others are of different versions. Thank you.

That was the last three mods, the third link is a UAD driver. :)

realcapone

Thanks man. Will try those.

I've downloaded the latest hd audio driver 6.0.8746.1 from Alan's github but now I need the audio manager. How do get it without overwriting the latest driver?

dervl85

Hey guys,

Installed Alan's drivers a few months ago (6.0.1.8606) - had some quirks, but everything mostly worked as expected.

Tried to update to 6.0.1.8678 hoping for fewer quirks, and now stereo sounds do not get upmixed in DD Live 5.1 mode via SPDIF.

Going back to stereo has the speaker system automatically upmix with DD Pro Logic II, but can't use this setting because there isn't any positional surround sound in movies and games.

Tried to uninstall and reuse the old drivers - this sadly didn't bring back the lost software upmixing functionality.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Specs:
Asrock Z390 Taichi Ultimate (Realtek ALC1220)
Logitech Z-5500 via optical
Windows 10 1809 x64

Thanks in advance!

NEW REALTEK DRIVERPACKS RELEASED
DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.8721.1
DRIVER SIGNED WITH NEW CERTIFICATE
NEW: REALTEK UAD - DCHU SOUND DRIVER

SOUND BLASTERX 720º
DOLBY ATMOS FOR GAMING
DOLBY DIGITAL LIVE - DTS INTERACTIVE (CHOOSE ONE)

INCLUDES REALTEK AUDIO CONTROL APP.
INCLUDES MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ UWP RUNTIMES, FOR THE FACT OF ALL OTHER MS STORE APPS NEEDED THEM

IT IS NECESSARY THAT YOU ACTIVATE THE SIDELOAD OR DEVELOPER MODE IN "START \ CONFIGURATIONS \ UPDATE AND SAFETY \ FOR DEVELOPERS"

LINK TO DOWNLOAD

TO THOSE WHO FOUND PROBLEMS IN THE INSTALLATION OF APPS REALTEK OR DOLBY, THE LINKS OF THE SAME IS FOUND BELOW (MICROSOFT STORE).
REALTEK
DOLBY

SOUND BLASTERX 720º:
View attachment 124686

REALTEK AUDIO CONTROL APP:
View attachment 124687

DOLBY ATMOS FOR GAMING:
View attachment 124688
GOOD RESORT TO ALL!
THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING!
Will you release new advanced hd audio drivers ?

jinsk8r

Just reporting result:
Installed on Windows 10 v1903 without any issue (Realtek_DCHU_Sound_8721), everything works, Dolby Atmos for Headphones works flawlessly.
If you change your Realtek settings to reperate front and rear audio jack, you might need to restart Windows to Spatial sound to work.

Comparing to other modded drivers I've used (Modded R281, 282, Sound Blaster MB5, Sound Blaster 720, Dolby Atmos), this is the best. Period.

Some important notes to you guys:

- Install latest version (Realtek_DCHU_Sound_8721)
- When you start the setup, close Skype, it will conflict with the UWP app installation. Although I don't see any bugs besides those red errors in cmd, it's better to close it.
- After installing, restart (of course).
- If you use Dolby Atmos for Gaming (which I find very sub-par), the Sound Blaster Connect 2 won't work and vice versa.
- Don't disable Exclusive control of audio device or you can't use Sound Blaster 720 (I figured this thing out after 4-5 windows restore and realtek setup).
- Don't Uninstall Dolby Atmos for Gaming app or you will lose Dolby Atmos for Headphones as well.
- Dolby Atmos for Headphones will disable other sound enhancement software (Dolby Atmos for Gaming or Sound Blaster 720) while working, so you can just leave it on, they don't interfere.

--

My PC:
X370 Taichi (ALC1220), Win 10 1903, EFI

Last edited:
It appears the DTS Sound Unbound app page was updated and there is now an Install button! However, you must be on an insider preview build of 18898 or higher, is there some way to bypass that requirement and install the app on an older build?

Can't believe they might actually be doing something with it, finally.

- Don't disable Exclusive control of audio device or you can't use Sound Blaster 720 (I figured this thing out after 4-5 windows restore and realtek setup).
I LOVE YOU!
Why i can't like your post over 9000 times?!

Fin

I installed the 6.0.8721.1 driverpack, but now I don't have an option for 5.1 sound in my speaker config.

How do I get the 5.1 Surround option back as one of the speaker configuration choices?

Last edited:

Type0Negative

New Realtek HDA Driver with Sound Blaster Connect 2 (not UWP)
Version 6.0.1.8591
NEW USER INTERFACE

THIS DRIVER IS SIGNED BY ME, NOT REQUIRING THE DEACTIVATION OF THE DRIVER SIGNATURE ENFORCEMENT OF TEST MODE.

1 - REALTEK AUDIO DRIVER 6.0.1.8591 (SIGNED BY ME)
2 - CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X 720° APP (NOT UWP) VERSION 3.2.28.0
3 - REALTEK ASIO DRIVERS
5 - BONUS: MICROSOFT VISUAL C++ ALL IN ONE PACKAGE
  • The choice of installation of the Creative Sound BlasterX 720 ° suite is enabled.
  • Updated driver version
  • Fixed microphone bug (no signal)
  • Added option to install or not the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtimes before Driver Installation.
  • Added descriptions of Sound BlasterX 720° Software Suite in Install Wizard.
  • Added:
    Realtek / Vienna SounzReal
    Samsung SoundAlive
    Dolby Digital Live
    DTS Connect
    DTS Interactive

LINK TO DOWNLOAD

GREAT RESORT!
COMING SOON, MORE NEWS!
someone has some copy of this driver

Attachments

• SoundAlive.JPG
    SoundAlive.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 493
System Name Diogo Silva
Processor Intel Core i5 9º Gen 9600KF Processor
Motherboard Asus TUF B360-Pro Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX3i
Memory 2x8 Kingston HyperX KHX2400C12D4
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX2060 Gaming 6G
Storage WD WDS500G2B0B Blue 3D SATA M.2 500GB + Toshiba HDD 2Tb
Display(s) Samsung Curved Monitor 27 Pol.
Case Cooler Master N300
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 with Sound BlasterX 720 to Yamaha RV-X 361 Amplifier
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W 80PLUS Gold
Mouse Asus ROG Pugio II Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
Software Windows 10 Home Single Language (PT-PT) x64
Hello guys, how can I put the New Sound Blaster Command compatible , like old SB Connect?
Other KGA's?

Lion94

Re-upload this versions please :)

I only used headphones =/

Thanks a lot Alan =)

jinsk8r

Hi guys, my rear analog output resets its volume to 86 every reboot, how to fix it?

Lion94

Thanks a lot Alan =)

Can anyone Re-upload those?

System Name Diogo Silva
Processor Intel Core i5 9º Gen 9600KF Processor
Motherboard Asus TUF B360-Pro Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX3i
Memory 2x8 Kingston HyperX KHX2400C12D4
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX2060 Gaming 6G
Storage WD WDS500G2B0B Blue 3D SATA M.2 500GB + Toshiba HDD 2Tb
Display(s) Samsung Curved Monitor 27 Pol.
Case Cooler Master N300
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 with Sound BlasterX 720 to Yamaha RV-X 361 Amplifier
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W 80PLUS Gold
Mouse Asus ROG Pugio II Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
Software Windows 10 Home Single Language (PT-PT) x64
Você já tentou jogar com o kga (colocar e tirar um e outro, e assim por diante até encontrar o kga) que o console de áudio precisa?. Deveria tentar isso meu amiguxo @Diogo Silva .
Não, mas tenho de ver isso.
Quando troco de KGA necessito reiniciar o Computador ou chega reinicar o programa?

krus707

hi, how i can disable volume changing when someone start to speak? i mean, i listen music or play game, and somebody start to say in teamspeak3 and music or game volume automatically decreased.
already tried to set "do nothing" in communications tab, didnt help
p.s. Realtek_DCHU_Sound_8721

Não, mas tenho de ver isso.
Quando troco de KGA necessito reiniciar o Computador ou chega reinicar o programa?

em teoria, deve ser suficiente para fechar e reabrir o console de som; Mas você também deve ter em mente que talvez os arquivos (arquivoss DLL) que creative tem para os drivers Realtek não estejam prontos para a nova console sound blaster. Todo é tentar, más tbm o ideal é criar um novo driver realtek com asl librarías (arquivos dll), penso pode precisar que o arquivo .inf de realtek seja criado novamente especialmente para esse console @Diogo Silva . Em fim ja me falará como foi o test dos kga en seu computer amiguxo!.

Fin

I installed the 6.0.8721.1 driverpack, but now I don't have an option for 5.1 sound in my speaker config.

How do I get the 5.1 Surround option back as one of the speaker configuration choices?

Well, I haven't figured out yet how to get my Speakers playback device to once again allow being configured as 5.1 (it currently only has stereo or quad) but I did find a workaround.

I installed VoiceMeeter and set it as my default playback device and set it to 5.1 speaker layout, so now my games know I have 5.1 capability. Then in the VoiceMeeter app I set the A1 Hardware Out to MME: Speakers (not WDM) and now I can have my cake and eat it too. Note that your sound enhancement (like Dolby Atmos) will only be configurable when your default playback device is set back to your normal speaker output device, but the sound enhancement will be active when VoiceMeeter is your playback device and outputting via your speakers, even though it might not look like the enhancement is active. Its confusing, but it works.

Xeonic

I ask you to make a new driver with sound blaster command. It would be very cool !!!

Lion94

Thanks a lot Alan =)

Come on guys anybody can Re-upload this?