• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

Hello,win 7 64,6.0.8854.1,gigabyte h87,s/pdif. DTC interactive 5.1 only 2 front speakers work,how to activate 5.1?or only stereo s/pdif

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Hello,win 7 64,6.0.8854.1,gigabyte h87,s/pdif. DTC interactive 5.1 only 2 front speakers work,how to activate 5.1?or only stereo s/pdif
What is your receiver? DTS bitstreaming of movies works 5.1?

logitech z906 dts,DTS movies works 5.1,activated in player only,indicator dts is on z 906

Fonolax

EDIT : Solved the problem, somehow It took me days of trying but the moment I posted I found a fix, I right clicked on the sound icon > Spatial sound and enable windows sonic.
Hello and huge thanks for the MOD, during the usage I have encountered a problem with it specifically in games.
I ran 3 games that I usually play :
- Dead Cells : Game runs but no sound at all
- Chasm : game doesn't launch
- Spelunky : FATAL ERROR error initializing FMOD
Reverting to official Realtek driver solved the problem. Hope this helps.

Happened to me too, tried the Spartial sound fix but as soon as i do that my audio goes 2 channels (i play at 5.1 analog)

:( had to go back to realtek normal drivers sadly

HenriqueBRAZIL

Gentlemen, after the Windows's Update I am getting some problems with the drivers. I am Windows Inside Preview and after did the update the drivers not working. Soory my english.

Toretoshark

Can somebody confirm if I should unistall original drivers before? Or just install the mod ones over it?

I'm thinking in download it and test test I see that there are several programs included as Creative control Panel, Nahimic 3 , Andrea Control panel and original Realtek options, how you avoid that settings of one program is interfered by the other.
I see that there is a exe file to install it and source files should I use the source files too?

Fonolax

Can somebody confirm if I should unistall original drivers before? Or just install the mod ones over it?

I'm thinking in download it and test test I see that there are several programs included as Creative control Panel, Nahimic 3 , Andrea Control panel and original Realtek options, how you avoid that settings of one program is interfered by the other.
I see that there is a exe file to install it and source files should I use the source files too?
Brand new install is always better on everything.

Stoff3X

Hi
I've been reading this thread for a while and tried installing this driver several times with little success. Either the installation fails with hardware detection error, or it installs but the realtek/creative software can't detect audio hardware. Installing other modded drivers along with Dolby Atmos and SB Connect (https://www.gizdev.com/get-dolby-atmos-sound-system-dts-audio-with-realtek-mod-driver/) has worked perfectly untill a recent windows update it seems, after which SB Connect stops working upon first reboot after installation.

Question: Is there a step-by-step installation guide for these drivers? Or troubleshooting steps compiled in one place?

I know Alan puts a lot of work into making the all-in-one installation work for all Realtek chips, but it seems that one or more steps are needed to make it work on my system using ALC1220 (asus x470-i mb)

Would love to get this software up and running and support further work by Alan.

but the realtek/creative software can't detect audio hardware.
same problem
w10 pro 1909 v18363.535
ALC892
id hardware
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_104384FB&REV_1003
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_104384FB

Question: Is there a step-by-step installation guide for these drivers? Or troubleshooting steps compiled in one place?
+1

And "unistall" does not unistall all files.

l35l33

hi,
i have z390 aorus master with ALC1220 VB, hardware id as follows :

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_1220&SUBSYS_1458A0CD&REV_1001

i have stereo speaker connected to the front speaker jack (in the rear) and a sub connected to sub/center jack (also rear port)

when i play music or games, the sound only came from front speaker jack (rear), the sub wont produce any sound
it's not the rear jack problem because when i test the sub from sound control panel, it produced sounds (i set my speaker as 5.1 without rear and center)

i have no idea why i experience this. previously i had z97x gaming7 which has no problem outputting sound from 2 rear jacks

i tried with windows HD Audio drivers, Realtek driver 8854.1, AAF modded HDA all failed to produce sound from 2 rear jacks

can anyone help?

thx

Last edited:

ronferri

Is there a way to know if my installed HDA Realtek driver supports DTS and Dolby decoding or not? Before i venture into modding...My driver is 6.0.1.8328. Thanks.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Is there a way to know if my installed HDA Realtek driver supports DTS and Dolby decoding or not? Before i venture into modding...My driver is 6.0.1.8328. Thanks.
DTS/Dolby Encoding depends on hardware; it is a licensed feature based on motherboard. Stock drivers allows for encoding only when the manufacturer has paid the proper license.

ronferri

DTS/Dolby Encoding depends on hardware; it is a licensed feature based on motherboard. Stock drivers allows for encoding only when the manufacturer has paid the proper license.
But can a driver not decode DTS or Dolby even if supported by hardware? How can I verify if my driver (HDA 6.0.1.8328) can actually decode surround sound from a game?

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
But can a driver not decode DTS or Dolby even if supported by hardware? How can I verify if my driver (HDA 6.0.1.8328) can actually decode surround sound from a game?
Drivers do not do decoding. There is no modern PC hardware that decode Dolby/DTS; everything is software based.
Games output PCM uncompressed audio either in stereo or multichannel. Only movies use Dolby/DTS encoded audio.

ronferri

Drivers do not do decoding. There is no modern PC hardware that decode Dolby/DTS; everything is software based.
Games output PCM uncompressed audio either in stereo or multichannel. Only movies use Dolby/DTS encoded audio.

Can you explain this in Resident Evil 2? Please compare 00:04 vs 1:36 in the video below using your headphones.
2 users having same game version, same windows build number, same Windows audio settings, same in game audio settings (Headphones + Binaural ON). He gets Binaural working properly (1:36) whereas my game is locked in Stereo (00:04) no matter what setting i choose in game or in windows. It is baffling. I thought it would come down to modding my drivers to process DTS and Dolby.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Can you explain this in Resident Evil 2? Please compare 00:04 vs 1:36 in the video below using your headphones.
2 users having same game version, same windows build number, same Windows audio settings, same in game audio settings (Headphones + Binaural ON). He gets Binaural working properly (1:36) whereas my game is locked in Stereo (00:04) no matter what setting i choose in game or in windows. It is baffling. I thought it would come down to modding my drivers to process DTS and Dolby.
What you want is not Dolby/DTS decoding, but audio enhancers.
This mod (Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 7, 8.1, 10) does contain audio enhancers.

Shine

Hello,

I tried to install AAFDrvInst_HDA_ALL_AE-6.0.8854.1, on Windows 1909 x64 using analog stereo speakers on a MSI B450M Mortax Max motherboard, and touching any effect into SoundBlaster Connect changes the sound output.

I've also tried to install AAFDrvInst_HDA_ALL-6.0.8848.1 and AAFDrvInst_HDA_ALL_PCEE4_DDP_ATM-6.0.8835.1 to test Dolby.
With both of these, the sound looks pretty good after install, but activating or deactivating Dolby Atmos, DHT, Nahimic, or any effect if SoundBlaster Connect has absolutely no effect on sound output...

All of these packages gives me a red output error during the install process (even with dev mode activated and reboot with no signed drivers needed), but it appear too quickly and I can't see what it says...

How can I make these 2 packages work fine to test Dolby and Nahimic ?

EDIT : the red error installing the AAFDrvInst_HDA_ALL_AE-6.0.8854.1 or AAFDrvInst_HDA_ALL-6.0.8848.1 packages says that it cannot install the Appxpackage VCLib 140.00_14.0.27323_x64 because a newer version is already installed (14.0.27810.0).

EDIT 2 : I uninstalled everything from add/remove control panel, also in Device manager, then after a last reboot reverted to a restore point before the installation on these driver packages. And try to reinstall AAFDrvInst_HDA_ALL_AE-6.0.8854.1. SoundBlaster Connect works fine, but Nahimic is not there. Made same thing with AAFDrvInst_HDA_ALL-6.0.8848.1, same thing and no Nahimic nor Atmos anywhere... They are in the add/remove panel, but nothing into the start menu...

EDIT 3 : rebuilding the whole start menu with the powershell command : Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} makes the Dolby Atmos App appear, and working fine when launched (tested with the 6.0.8835.1 driver version)

EDIT 4 : X install of AAFDrvInst_HDA_ALL-6.0.8848.1 later by the same procedure, everything installs fine, appears in the Start Menu, works fine, but defaults settings for Nahimics are "off" and all sliders on 0 (they were on and populated on previous tries)

Last edited:

ronferri

What you want is not Dolby/DTS decoding, but audio enhancers.
This mod (Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 7, 8.1, 10) does contain audio enhancers.

Thanks. I will give the modded driver a shot. Shall I do a clean install or do it on top of my existing HDA driver?

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Thanks. I will give the modded driver a shot. Shall I do a clean install or do it on top of my existing HDA driver?
Usually safer to do a clean install.

ronferri

Before I install it, how do i make sure this driver is compatible with my device ID ALC898? I dont have access to the inf file, it cannot be extracted from the .exe installation file.
EDIT: the other user who has surround sound (binaural) working properly in the game (1:36 in the video), said he does not have "Enhancements" tab in his sound device properties so I dont think this will fix my problem of not having surround in game.

Last edited:
Everythings seems to install fine but I notice no difference in using Sound Blaster Connect 2 ( it is enabled and running but with no effect whatsoever) . Andrea's enhancements are no present too . Nahimic tho, does work very well.

Captura de pantalla (2).png

-----------

Nevermind. It all worked but after fucking up everything and getting into safe mode.

Now I would like to experiment with AudioDevice_sky. Is there any sort of guide, manual, wikia ? I know it is an internal tool but , testing my luck

Also, spoofing device to enable Dolby Digital live, will fuck up everything ?

Last edited:
Personalised EQ based on analysis of your hearing sensitivity, does anyone knows any app which support this feature other than DTS X:ULTRA which does not work for me.

kikorosa

I had the blue screen of death and was forced to restore Windows. How come this?

Personalised EQ based on analysis of your hearing sensitivity, does anyone knows any app which support this feature other than DTS X:ULTRA which does not work for me.
I'm not sure how they can do this without tech like the Nuraphone..

2k9

Hello guys,

I have a Gigabyte Z390 I with an ALC1220 chipset.
Back then when I had a Strix mainboard with the same chipset I was able to setup an equalizer for the Microphone through ROG Sonic Studio 3, but for the Gigabyte there is nothing I could find so far.
I know there is "Equalizer EPO", but that doesn't work for me properly. Is there some kind of a Realtek driver where a microphone equazlizer function is included? Thanks!