• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

@Alan Finote

Can you post the .rar files of these three mods? :)
I would like to modding these. :)

DRIVER VERSION 6.0.1.8631

DOLBY ATMOS & HARMAN SIMPLE EFFECTS
DOLBY DIGITAL LIVE & DTS INTERACTIVE

VERSION 6.0.1.8639

REALTEK EFFECTS
DOLBY HOME THEATER v4
DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS HOME THEATER
DTS INTERACTIVE IN S/PDIF
TURTLE BEACH EFFECTS WITH DTS HEADPHONE:X CUSTOM
DOLBY ATMOS
NAHIMIC 3
DTS ULTRAPC II
DTS CONNECT
ASUS HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER
SAMSUNG SOUNDALIVE 3D

VERSION 6.0.1.8642

• REALTEK ENHANCEMENTS
  • VIA HD AUDIO ENHANCEMENTS
  • Q-SOUND GFX SOUND ENHANCEMENTS
  • DOLBY PCEEv4 (HOME THEATER)
  • DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS (HOME THEATER)
  • DOLBY ATMOS FOR GAMING
  • A-VOLUTE NAHIMIC 3
  • DTS CONNECT
  • DTS NEOPC
  • DTS INTERACTIVE (5.1 SURROUND)

I'd like to try both please :)
Feliciaudios!

2k9

Hello guys,

I have a Gigabyte Z390 I with an ALC1220 chipset.
Back then when I had a Strix mainboard with the same chipset I was able to setup an equalizer for the Microphone through ROG Sonic Studio 3, but for the Gigabyte there is nothing I could find so far.
I know there is "Equalizer EPO", but that doesn't work for me properly. Is there some kind of a Realtek driver where a microphone equazlizer function is included? Thanks!

Could someone be so kind and check if there is an option to setup a microphone equalizer?

D

Deleted member 193792

Hello everyone! :)

I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to modded audio drivers, so I have some questions:

1) My motherboard is MSI X470 GAMING PRO MAX (Realtek® ALC892 Codec). Which one is the right driver for me? There are way too many threads/mods on this forum (decision fatigue).

2) Is Nahimic as problematic as some people claim it to be? Causing stuttering and lower fps in gaming (according to Reddit at least).

3) I assume Realtek doesn't use a full-fledged audio DSP (just like Creative does for EAX), so do these Realtek drivers/audio stack/utilities utilize proper CPU SIMD (AVX2 if available) for audio acceleration to lower CPU usage?

4) Is it possible to use EAX in a modern OS for older games that support it?

5) What do these extra utilities (Andrea, Creative) offer exactly? I try to avoid unnecessary apps if possible (I haven't installed all these MSI utilities for a reason).

To me it seems very strange that Creative would make a utility specifically for Realtek. Imagine if nVidia helped AMD to run PhysX with their own software, it sounds crazy to me.

Thanks in advance and thanks everyone for your hard work! :)

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Hello everyone! :)

I'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to modded audio drivers, so I have some questions:

1) My motherboard is MSI X470 GAMING PRO MAX (Realtek® ALC892 Codec). Which one is the right driver for me? There are way too many threads/mods on this forum (decision fatigue).

2) Is Nahimic as problematic as some people claim it to be? Causing stuttering and lower fps in gaming (according to Reddit at least).

3) I assume Realtek doesn't use a full-fledged audio DSP (just like Creative does for EAX), so do these Realtek drivers/audio stack/utilities utilize proper CPU SIMD (AVX2 if available) for audio acceleration to lower CPU usage?

4) Is it possible to use EAX in a modern OS for older games that support it?

5) What do these extra utilities (Andrea, Creative) offer exactly? I try to avoid unnecessary apps if possible (I haven't installed all these MSI utilities for a reason).

To me it seems very strange that Creative would make a utility specifically for Realtek. Imagine if nVidia helped AMD to run PhysX with their own software, it sounds crazy to me.

Thanks in advance and thanks everyone for your hard work! :)
1. The driver in the first post is compatible.
2. All audio enhancers use CPU, affecting CPU performance for gaming.
4. Older games coded for EAX can use ALchemy on creative cards.
5. Configure audio features already available to you.

D

Deleted member 193792

1. The driver in the first post is compatible.
2. All audio enhancers use CPU, affecting CPU performance for gaming.
4. Older games coded for EAX can use ALchemy on creative cards.
5. Configure audio features already available to you.
1) Thanks, just installed it right now.

For some reason, I got the MSI-branded sound manager, despite downloading Alan's driver.

Is that normal? Because the MSI interface seems limited (less options) compared to Realtek's. Also, clicking the Nahimic button does nothing (?)

2) I get that, just want to know if it makes proper use of the instruction set.

4) I assume an ALchemy mod for Realtek cards is not possible?

~

I've tried to enable Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive with the guide in the first post.

I get a blinking red message about RTKHDAUD.DAT:

What is that supposed to mean?

DTS Interactive seems to be available in the Realtek Audio HD manager as an option, but Dolby Digital Live is nowhere to be seen.

I did the procedure 2 times for both standards. Does DTS overwrite Dolby or what? Do games support both standards?

Also, should I leave it enabled at all times, or only when I'm playing video games?

Last edited by a moderator:

RooZ

Hi!
Firstly big thanx to the creator for the effort put into this! :)

Now to my problem
Asus Prime -Z270-P - ALC887 - Windows 8.1 64bit connected with Logitech 5.1 system and headphones in front pannel.

After installing the driver all the functions are being greatly altered, i can play audio from speakers after a lots of tweaking in the inbuilt options (play the audio from rear and front device, separate all inputs etc.) i can kinda play the audio but it goes from the speakers when i have headphones selected and that's the only option i can hear anything at all..

The audio playback is really slow to start (for example Youtube) and system boot is slowed down significantly as well and the working of the system overally seems kinda off.

Can anyone give suggestions?
I tryied two last releases and needed to uninstall both :/

Last edited:

okti

Hi guys. I can't run properly creative soundblaster XFI MB5 . The problem is that i cant do anything when im trying to open program. I have ALC887, windows 10 1909. Can someone help?
I've got this message "current selected audio device is disabled..."

Last edited:

exhyst

I had the blue screen of death too. I uninstalled my previous soundblaster and realtek drivers with DDU in safe mode, then used AdvancedSystemCare, then tried installing the latest version. After restarting I get the blue screen. My mobo is a x570 elite aorus if that helps.

I just want to start off with a big thank you to all the modders in this thread, your work doesnt go unrecognized. But Id like to put my 2 cents in hopes maybe someone can tell me what Im doing wrong. I cannot seem to get ANY modded driver to work right with my system, a X470 AORUS Ultra Gaming with the 1220-VB chipset. Dont get me wrong some will produce sound, but then there are some missing DD and DTS, or get one or the other. Then there are some Ive tried that though they say they include one or the other, or both, I find when I just try to play music, I get this weird "phasing" going on as its trying to play music. It fades in and out, and even if I deselect ALL of the enhancements it just wont play right, I didnt try anything else like games or movies, for Im disabled and about 70% of the time Im on the internet looking up and discovering new stuff to do, like these drivers, to try to get the most out of my stuff. But nothing I do, following the directions here, or other threads have worked right for me, the way Id like it to for though its nice to have the DD atmos app, or enhancements I kinda find them a novelty to me, for Id like to think Im a purest and listen or watch stuff in its native format. That said, I did try however to get these all to work starting with the first page all the way up to 42 as of writing this, and though Id would of liked to mess with it, Id probably just keep it all shit off anyway minus DD and DTS for my Denon Receiver for playing games or watching movies on it. The only one I actually found working fo rme though, is the one where you do a simple patch to the registry files of the R2.80, 2.81, or 2.82 (though with 2.82 you lost the realteck app, but can do all the adjustments through windows), however I stick to using the 2.81 for now for I like using the added functions with the Realtek app, such as test tone for my razer tiamat 7.1 v2 headset to get it working right, for Im always fidgeting with the settings, Im never happy, though Id like to think so, I always go back in and try to get it right to match what Im doing. But with the patch it allows me to get DD Theater, if I feel like kicking that on for a song, or DTS Connect, though to my ears with my headset, or receiver for that matter, dont hear any difference at all. But for games I hear a Difference in optical turning DD or DTS on vs PLII or DTS Neo playing games or movies, which is cool for me.

So Im not sure what all Im doing wrong at all, for I uninstall everything, using Iobits Uninstaller 9 software so it removes everything left behind, make sure not to click restart computer now so it will finish removing it all. I have also tried just using windows uninstaller to, for some times doing that with a Modded driver will get it to stop "phasing" on me, but I can never get one to work right, or give me the option for both DTS and DD at the same time, to work right that is for me, so that when Im watching a movie I can select the correct encoder that is for the movie I am watching to get whats "meant" to be heard correctly. I even had one modded driver not allow to me to change my blue jack to side speakers, which I need to work to have my headset work properly. So if anyone can chime in and tell me what Im doing wrong, for Im set up as developer, side load the apps, got the app from the store, and even the ones that do it all themselves, doesnt work right, missing stuff, or apps thats supposed to be included dont even show up at all in programs folder, or task bar, or anywhere. If you got one to work on your 1220-VB chipset with no problems, feel free to give me a step by step to install it the way you did to get it to work, and Ill be happy to try it out in hopes I can get one to stick to at least give me a few hours to mess with it and keep me busy doing something new, and who knows maybe Ill find it useful or sound better then what Im really used to, hence why Ive tried about 80% of all the ones in this thread. But if anyone is kinda like me and just wants DD and DTS to work over optical, just look in the other thread, grap the patch, R2.81 ZIP file (needs to be a zip for you got to patch the installer with it prior to installing the driver, a exe version will not work), and uninstall your other driver, if you dont use the Iobit program, just download cccleaner to remove all the left over registry files before you install the 2.81 driver, and thats it, it all works, with windows 10 fully upgraded to latest version through windows.

And if anyone would like to know how to get this headset, or the Logitech's G633/933 ones to sound flipping amazing without needing to buy a different sound card, as Razer tells you you have to do to get this headset to sound correct, lmk and Ill post a step by step, and maybe it will help with other sets as well, maybe even with other headset, but I know 100% it works with these two I have with a Realtek setup. If I had a different sound card to put in Id be happy to test them out with these vs the realtek setup but till tax time I cannot afford anything different, but Id be happy to pass on my days and hours of testing these two with the 1220-VB chipset to maximize the moist sound and quality I can squeeze out of them, but if I get some that would like to know Ill make a thread for ALL of the reviewers and even razer are wrong on the razer tiamat 7.1 v2 needing a specific card to make them sound great.

MegaBytesMe

1) Thanks, just installed it right now.

For some reason, I got the MSI-branded sound manager, despite downloading Alan's driver.

Is that normal? Because the MSI interface seems limited (less options) compared to Realtek's. Also, clicking the Nahimic button does nothing (?)

2) I get that, just want to know if it makes proper use of the instruction set.

4) I assume an ALchemy mod for Realtek cards is not possible?

~

I've tried to enable Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive with the guide in the first post.

I get a blinking red message about RTKHDAUD.DAT:

What is that supposed to mean?

DTS Interactive seems to be available in the Realtek Audio HD manager as an option, but Dolby Digital Live is nowhere to be seen.

I did the procedure 2 times for both standards. Does DTS overwrite Dolby or what? Do games support both standards?

Also, should I leave it enabled at all times, or only when I'm playing video games?

I also have the same issue, where "Has RTKHDAUD.DAT" shows in red, and Dolby Digital Live 5.1 doesn't show up, even after multiple attempts/restarts.

This is odd since a previous install on a different motherboard didn't require the driver patch to get Dolby Digital Live. Maybe it was a different sound driver mod?

Ashame really, as I need DDL for the surround sound.

It would be great if anyone has any ideas on how to get it to work.

Also, is there a mod that lets me have Dolby Digital Live go through my HDMI port on my Nvidia GPU? Then that would save me swapping toslink cables around when I want sound from the tv instead.

Many thanks

If you want to get just dd and dts working you can just just get the R2.80/2.81/2.82 drivers and patch it. Just be sure to get a zip file of the drivers and NOT a exe file, for you have to patch the 2 files within the folder after you unzip them to your desktop, and BAM dd and dts will work. Just be sure to delete your old drivers and reg files using Iobit Uninstaller or cccleaner to get rid of it all, then do it. And remember the 2.82 driver the Realtek software doesnt work, but can do all the changes within windows sound application. If you need more, Ive tried and tried them all, and I either get errors, not so great sound, no dd or dts, or one or the other, or even had it "phase" my sound. So for now Im just sticking with the simple patch and go method and if I need anything else Ill use my receivers built in stuff to manipulate the sound to my liking.

MegaBytesMe

If you want to get just dd and dts working you can just just get the R2.80/2.81/2.82 drivers and patch it. Just be sure to get a zip file of the drivers and NOT a exe file, for you have to patch the 2 files within the folder after you unzip them to your desktop, and BAM dd and dts will work. Just be sure to delete your old drivers and reg files using Iobit Uninstaller or cccleaner to get rid of it all, then do it. And remember the 2.82 driver the Realtek software doesnt work, but can do all the changes within windows sound application. If you need more, Ive tried and tried them all, and I either get errors, not so great sound, no dd or dts, or one or the other, or even had it "phase" my sound. So for now Im just sticking with the simple patch and go method and if I need anything else Ill use my receivers built in stuff to manipulate the sound to my liking.

Great, thanks for the reply.

So I have extracted the R.2.82 drivers onto my desktop (I couldn't find either R.2.81 or R.2.80) and then ran the AudioDevice tool and it still shows the same error... Not to mention I couldn't find an RTKHDAUD.DAT file in the zipped folder. What am I doing wrong? Is there a video/step by step guide?

Many thanks

Dont know if that link will work, Ive never used my one drive account before but thats the r2.81 driver already patched, but remember YOU MUST use Iobit to uninstall your old drivers. If you use it, make sure to click on the create backup and remove associated files and such tabs before you uninstall using it, and then DO NOT click restart as the program needs to finish removing all the other stuff and reg files. If you do not use Iobit uninstaller 9 then be sure to use cccleaner to remove all the left over reg files then, though Iobit does it all with one click or two.

Then install it, if my link works, lmk if it doesnt, click on install anyway when you get the prompt, your gonna see it in red durring the install, and then restart and it should work, or it should for it works on my pc using windows 10 and the realtek 1220-VB chipset and I havent had a problem yet with it.

deiv84

Dont know if that link will work, Ive never used my one drive account before but thats the r2.81 driver already patched, but remember YOU MUST use Iobit to uninstall your old drivers. If you use it, make sure to click on the create backup and remove associated files and such tabs before you uninstall using it, and then DO NOT click restart as the program needs to finish removing all the other stuff and reg files. If you do not use Iobit uninstaller 9 then be sure to use cccleaner to remove all the left over reg files then, though Iobit does it all with one click or two.

Then install it, if my link works, lmk if it doesnt, click on install anyway when you get the prompt, your gonna see it in red durring the install, and then restart and it should work, or it should for it works on my pc using windows 10 and the realtek 1220-VB chipset and I havent had a problem yet with it.

Hi! I just registered to reply here. I have an x79 board and i've just installed your file. It seems like my optical output is able to output dolby 5.1 now (testing in a few minutes). Do you know if there's a way to output dolby through hdmi ? I currently have that on my tv and an audio receiver through ARC, and i've been trying all day to enable it. Thanks !

System Name MSI-MEG
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard MSI MEG X570S ACE MAX
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism + Thermal Grizzly
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) MSI Suprim X RTX 3080
Storage 500 GB MSI Spatium nvme + 500 GB WD nvme + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 2 TB Seagate HDD
Display(s) 27" LG 144HZ 2K ULTRAGEAR
Case MSI MPG Velox Airflow 100P
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing
Power Supply Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse HP OMEN REACTOR
Keyboard Corsair K68
Software Windows10 LTSC 64 bit
Can you please make an srs premium sound for realtek sound chip?

rid

hi. how can I completely uninstall this driver? I cannot update it with your latest one. It reads that the version is still the previous one.

Hi! I just registered to reply here. I have an x79 board and i've just installed your file. It seems like my optical output is able to output dolby 5.1 now (testing in a few minutes). Do you know if there's a way to output dolby through hdmi ? I currently have that on my tv and an audio receiver through ARC, and i've been trying all day to enable it. Thanks !

One of the other threads will show you how to install the FX Configuator (so) and in doing that can get it to work. Sorry I cannot help, for I dont remember how exactly I did it, for I had to do a butt ton of reading, and someone helped me with my error linking me to the stuff I needed off other sites to get it to work. But after I did finally get it to work. Still working on how to get them mod drivers to work, I cannot seem to figure that out as of yet :p

System Name MSI-MEG
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard MSI MEG X570S ACE MAX
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism + Thermal Grizzly
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) MSI Suprim X RTX 3080
Storage 500 GB MSI Spatium nvme + 500 GB WD nvme + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 2 TB Seagate HDD
Display(s) 27" LG 144HZ 2K ULTRAGEAR
Case MSI MPG Velox Airflow 100P
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing
Power Supply Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse HP OMEN REACTOR
Keyboard Corsair K68
Software Windows10 LTSC 64 bit
Thanks a lot Jimmy you are a hero! That works, however I have to double click on the speaker icon located on the bottom left corner in order to change the eqaulizer. Is there any control panel I can install like this below?

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    115.7 KB · Views: 782
I am reinstalling after some hard lockup due to nahaimic crashing. I dont use the features on creative/dolby or other suites so I took them off before the lockups started. I also updated to W10 1909 update so it could be a few things. Creative was always trying to call home. Anyway I reinstalling newest package. Do you recommend a full clean install (not doing that yet)

This specific control panel is from HP with IDT audio chip and its embedded with that driver user interface. Just like the srs premium is embedded in realtek user interface like this @mclaren85