• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF DCH Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
@Alan Finote , how is it possible, that I can't access my 2nd Audio Output in the new Version of the DCH-Driver 6.0.8975.1? I need this for my Games, awhile the Multichannel-Audio is playing Music via the harman/kardon AVR347 on TosLink. Please give me a Possibility, and when it's via the Registry

TPU-DCHU.png

Last edited:

Lacoz

I have problem with Acoustic echo cancellation, it dont work on realtek audio manager, nahimic or sonic3

I already try both the legacy and dch, any clue of what can be the problem?

why sound blaster connect always open windowsw when start windows 10?

NEW DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
UPDATED VERSION TO 6.0.8888.1

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!!

Hello. Help me please. After installation and launch, it gives such errors. How to be? Dolby Atmos writes to activate, connect headphones. Sound Blaster writes your audio device is not detected. What could be the problem. The version of the downloaded driver AAFAudioPackDCH-6.0.8975.1. Motherboard Asus ROG Z370-E. Thank. P.S. Sorry for the English I am writing from Russia.
2020-07-20.png

Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Hello. Help me please. After installation and launch, it gives such errors. How to be? Dolby Atmos writes to activate, connect headphones. Sound Blaster writes your audio device is not detected. What could be the problem. The version of the downloaded driver AAFAudioPackDCH-6.0.8975.1. Motherboard Asus ROG Z370-E. Thank. P.S. Sorry for the English I am writing from Russia.View attachment 162655
INSTALL UPDATED DCH-UAD DRIVERPACK AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CONTAINED IN "TROUBLESHOOT> (MANDATORY) FOLLOW THESE STEPS (ONLY IN DCH VERSION)" IN THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD.

Last edited:

dhall3d

- download latest version. (only standard version works on my system for now)
- turn off your internet connection totally, both ethernet and wifi. (this is mandatory)
- uninstall all previous AAF mod driver or other (original realtek drivers) and don't restart yet.
- delete left over drivers with DriverStoreExplorer (the entities which have the provider Alan Finotty at all segments and Realtek ones under the sound).
- purge and clean your registry with ccleaner.
- restart your computer.
- install AAF Mod drivers.
- restart your computer
- check from windows settings > system > sound that your sound card is seen as AAF Optimus Sound.
- if you had done everything in order than drivers should work as they are intended to be.
- now you can turn on your internet connection.

Can you try these steps? I couldn't make it work for the first time too.
And I know another one who could make Sonic and Dolby work with these procedure.
We couldn't make SBConnect work either.
Hello,
Yes this did finally solve the issue after testing for those having the same issue.

Vlad94

Help me please.
The AAF Optimus Sound driver 6.0.8960.1 (Signed) worked for me. But after a network outage and PC boot, a problem appeared. I will throw off the screenshots below. I tried reinstalling Windows. After that, the driver worked well for 5-10 minutes. Then, for a reason not clear to me, the same error appeared.

Installed Windows 2004 pro. At the last installation attempt, I went through all the steps:

download the latest version. (only standard version works on my system so far)
- completely disconnect the Internet, both Ethernet and Wi-Fi. (it is necessary)
- uninstall all previous AAF mod drivers or others (original realtek drivers) and don't reboot just yet.
- remove the remaining drivers from DriverStoreExplorer (entities that have the provider Alan Finotti in all segments and Realtek with sound).
- clean up and clean your registry with ccleaner.
- restart your computer.
- install the AAF Mod drivers.
- restart your computer
- check in Windows settings> System> Sound that your sound card looks like AAF Optimus Sound.
- if you did everything in order, then the drivers should work as they should.
- now you can turn on the internet.
+
- If you still have difficulty, please provide a file below. Open the compressed file and copy rtkhdaud.dat to "% systemroot% \ System32 \ drivers", replace it if it already exists and restart your computer.

Sorry to waste your time. But after buying Dolby Access, I liked your mod more.
Headphones are connected through the rear jacks of the PC via a 3.5 mm jack, Realtek® ALC1150 Audio Codec. Which version is better for this: AAFRealtekMod or AAF_DCH_RealtekModded?

Безымянный0.jpg
Безымянный.jpg
Безымянный2.jpg

Last edited:
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Which version is better for this: AAFRealtekMod or AAF_DCH_RealtekModded?
I recommend the DCH-UAD version, as it is more updated.
The AAF Optimus Sound driver 6.0.8960.1 (Signed) worked for me. But after a network outage and PC boot, a problem appeared. I will throw off the screenshots below. I tried reinstalling Windows. After that, the driver worked well for 5-10 minutes. Then, for a reason not clear to me, the same error appeared.
I think the problem was the automatic driver update from Windows Update. If your connection to the Internet is fast enough, perhaps this update was performed even before the Ethernet RJ-45 cable was disconnected.

@Vlad94
About the description of the error contained in the second image (I believe that your language is Russian), please, I ask you to translate into English and post here so that I can look for the solution for your case.

Vlad94

Translation of the error from the second screenshot:
"The driver for this device may be corrupted, or there is not enough memory or other resources in the system. (Code 3)"

Disabling automatic driver updates for windows 10 did not solve my problem.

There is no IntcAzAudAddService service in Task Manager> Services. And I found it in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ IntcAzAudAddService. Changed the Start parameter from 3 to 2 (start automatically). Rebooted the pc. It didn't work either.

The RTKVHD64.sys file was found in the DRIVERS folder. He is there.

Безымянный5.jpg

Безымянный4.jpg

Maybe the screenshot below will help:

Безымянный3.jpg

Last edited:
My microphone doesn't work after installing the driver
Any help

@Alan Finote
Did you check all setting in the control panel? I always have to do it sometimes more than once after each install. Its not automatic it requires you to dial it in. I use the optical out the back and the front panel for headset simultaneously. Alans drivers have never failed me.

BTW Alan still working perfectly on Asus ALC892. You rock man. I could not survive this shelter without the joy of music. You are doing God's work here imo.

navik

Dear Alan, i'd like to thank you for your good work on these drivers.

I'd like to ask you how can i acces on the latest update to "Dolby Acces OEM" i open the app and ask me to buy the things.

Changes
  • Realtek Default Components updated.
  • A-Volute Nahimic 3 Extension updated.
  • Dolby Access OEM included.
  • Dolby Atmos effects improved.

Vlad94

My problem is closed: Reinstalling windows 10 from PRO to HOME + INSTALL UPDATED DCH-UAD DRIVERPACK AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS CONTAINED IN "TROUBLESHOOT> (MANDATORY) FOLLOW THESE STEPS (ONLY IN DCH VERSION)" IN THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD.:toast:

Based on internet searches, I found out that there are 2 options of 5.1 surround sound setup. 5.1 with side speakers as well as 5.1 with rear speakers. However, on my PC, I don't have such options. I'm only limited to 5.1 with the side pair. Is this limited by my motherboard chipset/design or the driver itself?
I do know that the official 5.1 surround setup has the surround at 90-110 degrees on the side. Why are there PC with options for rear pair?
Based on Realtek HD Audio Manager, my audio driver version is 6.0.8895.1, codec ALC1150. My motherboard is the ASRock Z170 Gaming K6 Fatal1ty.

Another question. I have unchecked the optional subwoofer (because I don't have it). However, the LFE audio is not redirected to the front speakers. Is this driver issue?

What my pc shows:
Capture.JPG

What other PC shows:

throbbingmember

the drivers worked fine for me however pro logic IIx enabled does nothing. kinda need it since im using an amp to soundcard with no reciever for pro logic decoding.

gigabyte aorus master 570

Newbly

Installation successful in my Dell Inspiron 7559 laptop, my audio driver changed from "Realtek Audio" to "AAF DCH Optimus Sound". Followed the instruction for the DCH policy thing. The Realtek Audio Console effects work fine but no Dolby Digital Live & DTS Interactive option in, and the others bundled in (Sound Blaster, Sonic Studio 3, Dolby Atmos) effects don't work at all. I tried doing the "RunningOnWindows8point1" policy fix but still doesn't work. Help appreciated!

I'm running on Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19041 Build 19041.

Last edited:

Polished_Stripes

Hey so far its working good but i'm having a couple issues, is the spatial sound supposed to be on off?
Screenshot (3).png

Also i'm getting alot of reverb while playing games how can i fix that as well and is it possible to install dolby atmos for gaming?
i'm kinda new to this so i might need a quick rundown on this, i use headphones with surround capability.

Last edited:
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION 6.0.8975.1
NEW UPDATES
NEW EXTENDED VALIDATION CERTIFICATE INTRODUCED (MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB)

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

**Updated installer (today)

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!!

Last edited:
Why do I choose to install Cinema 5 and it will install at 720°? But I cannot find the audio when I use 720°, Cinema 5 can be used normally.
I am sure the installation process is correct, because I have been using it for a while, that is, every time I install,
I have to reinstall many times before I have a chance to install Cinema 5 correctly.
How can I solve it? Sorry that English is not my native language, thank you!