• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

I get a warning for the patcher and coin trojan, plus another pup. In general you only need to unlock the vendor id code.

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF DCH Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9102.1
REALTEK AUDIO CONSOLE APP UPDATED
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

WARNING: There is also an update for Nahimic on the Microsoft Store to version 1.5.4.0, but it is very likely that once installed, your enhancement will stop working.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

ofbakirci

2021-02-06_00-50-26.png

I am having an error like that. I uninstalled the drivers from the Device Manager.

I once installed the modded driver and revert back to original, because my in and out jacks were not working with the modded one.
I want to try it again because all my computer sounds goes through the other side on the voice chat or voice record. I've tried almost anything.
You can check my thread from the link.

I have a question, i apologize for askin but what is AMD KSL Filter Driver?? I tried researching but came up empty how it works and afraid to click on some random site that might carry a virus.

Last edited:
@ofbakirci

Your meant to use the AFF uninstaller in programs and apps, not right click uninstall, which removes part of the drivers, but doesn't fully uninstall AAF properly, you will get problems.

----

@Dee_NA

I just did a quick Google of "AMD KSL Filter Driver", it's an official driver, used with mod drivers.

DCHU Driver (UAD)
Driver Version:
Mod Version: 05-10-2019
Requirement: Win10 RS3, RS4, RS5 19H1 X64
Features:
- Dolby Digital/DTS Interactive with Sound Blaster Audio Effects over HDMI/SPDIF output
- Include all necessary components from official UAD release (ASIO, Realtek Speech Preprocessing IP DLL, AMD KSL Filter Driver, etc...)
- UWP Audio Control Panel: Realltek Audio Control + Sound Blaster Connect:

Last edited:
@ofbakirci

Your meant to use the AFF uninstaller in programs and apps, not right click uninstall, which removes part of the drivers, but doesn't fully uninstall AAF properly, you will get problems.

----

@Dee_NA

I just did a quick Google of "AMD KSL Filter Driver", it's an official driver, used with mod drivers.

DCHU Driver (UAD)
Driver Version:
Mod Version: 05-10-2019
Requirement: Win10 RS3, RS4, RS5 19H1 X64
Features:
- Dolby Digital/DTS Interactive with Sound Blaster Audio Effects over HDMI/SPDIF output
- Include all necessary components from official UAD release (ASIO, Realtek Speech Preprocessing IP DLL, AMD KSL Filter Driver, etc...)
- UWP Audio Control Panel: Realltek Audio Control + Sound Blaster Connect:
Ok thanks for gettin back to me. I guess I was wonderin if the filter deals with noise reduction and everything. But yeah I came across where its amdacpksl.sys if my memory serves me right, just not sure about some sites out there as far as clicking on it and all goes as to what i may be bringin in.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard
Hey Guys,

for me its all working with an old version but for now i had to do a clean install.
I had saved this page for later times and i am sure there was a tutorial on the first page, which VID or DID i have to edit for DTS Interactive or for Dolby Digital.
For the latest version, is there also a tutorial or how does it work now?

Hey Guys,

for me its all working with an old version but for now i had to do a clean install.
I had saved this page for later times and i am sure there was a tutorial on the first page, which VID or DID i have to edit for DTS Interactive or for Dolby Digital.
For the latest version, is there also a tutorial or how does it work now?
Hey! In Realtek Tweak Utility there should be a policy option for enabling DTS, try that first :)

Alan has already done that, you only need to install, DTS in the tweak utility will still require .dll's and supporting APO for full functionality.

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
Alan has already done that, you only need to install, DTS in the tweak utility will still require .dll's and supporting APO for full functionality.

Is it also possible, to integrate the full DTS-Components in Alans DCH-Packs for Co-Installing?

Petenyc7

Hey Guys,

I need help with Dolby Digital 5.1 over optical connection. I have Gigabyte TRX40 Aorus Master Motherboard with ALC1220VB and ALC4050H chipsets. Original drivers were showing up in Device Manager as Realtek USB audio and now they show up as Realtek USB 2.0 Audio. I have tried Alan’s DCH packs with no luck. Also tried patched drivers 2.80 and 2.79 and a I cannot get this to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 156
  • Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

gcreeper

been trying to get dts or 7.1 thx or dd working on a croshair vi hero i have not had any luck i get only 5.1 option, running a toslink to a onkyo tuner is there a specific way to install this i am not seeing or another file?

The only way to get 7.1 working is if you had analog out, and your onkyo has inputs for 7.1 analog in. Other then that you can do, or try to do, 5.1 and set your receiver to do "dolby" in like a matrix mode to have it manipulate 7.1 that way. Other then that, doing optical will only let you do 5.1, for there is no other way around that for optical is just set to do 5.1 and thats it.
Its going to be hard to fine a "newer" receiver now a days with 7.1 analog in, for they have pretty much just gotten rid of it when 4K started to be the new thing on the block. My old Onkyo TX-NR809 did 4K pass through, but it seems that they had a huge problem with the hdmi board going bad, and mine did just that.

gcreeper

The only way to get 7.1 working is if you had analog out, and your onkyo has inputs for 7.1 analog in. Other then that you can do, or try to do, 5.1 and set your receiver to do "dolby" in like a matrix mode to have it manipulate 7.1 that way. Other then that, doing optical will only let you do 5.1, for there is no other way around that for optical is just set to do 5.1 and thats it.
Its going to be hard to fine a "newer" receiver now a days with 7.1 analog in, for they have pretty much just gotten rid of it when 4K started to be the new thing on the block. My old Onkyo TX-NR809 did 4K pass through, but it seems that they had a huge problem with the hdmi board going bad, and mine did just that.
appreciate it, ill give it a look see if it has the analog out for it, running a onkyo tx sr803 wonderful tuner surround all klipsch and a pair of older optimus mach 3 so would like to get best sound possible. the weird thing is that i did get dts at one time on a older pioneer tuner via the optical just been pulling my hair out lol. one other thing is this when its running does 5.1 no issues. but sounds off but if i turn on dts x for headphones tuner flops over to dts neo 6 and sounds pretty good but i dont recall if rears where working.

One thing to consider if you plan on doing analog, like I do, is get a player call potplayer, for within its audio setting you can set it up to do almost every conceivable sound output. I seem to have trouble getting vcl player to do 7.1 right, even when forcing it to do dolby surround in its setting, pot player is, for me, a better choice to watch videos or music with. If you have a 4K monitor/tv, what I do with my consoles including my Xbox one x, is I use a switch that has 4 HDMI inputs, and it has optical as well that I send the toslink to my receiver, Denon avr 3310 CI and use its output directly to my 4K TCL tv. It kinda sucks not getting 7.1 from it, but on the other hand I do get it to do 4K, so its a give and take. If you do 7.1 analog to your receiver, then what ever you play, movies/games/music will decode correctly without the need to do these drivers to get dts/dd. Even if you got the toslink to do right and decode that, its just making it sound as if you are playing in "surround", but to get true 7.1 in movies and games you need a older receiver, like what you and I are using, that has actual 7.1 analog in, to do it all in that form. If you want a little better then the boards 7.1, the ONLY "newer" card that creative does in 7.1 actual output analog, you need a Sound Blaster X3. All the rest of the creative lines do 5.1, and simulates 7.1 via headphones. I had that card for a little bit, but found that my boards 7.1 analog, and that cards one, I couldn't tell the difference in sound quality, so I sent it back. But this is how I have all my stuff set up. Though now I moved my sub behind me, and traded my HT's Bic PL12 with the polk in the picture. I have also bypassed using my sub outputs on my receiver, and ran a high output line right to my sub, for in doing that I had found by using sub out, it took away the HZ my actual front speakers could do, making having larger front speakers kinda useless. If you plan on running small speakers all around its great, but having larger speakers that can do some really good bass on their own, sending the high to my sub, makes it work kick butt. I have excellent mid bass now with my towers getting the full HZ they need, and all rest also gets put thru the front speakers and also out the sub, and really made a HUGE difference in sound quality. If you are using them Klipsch speakers give it a shot, it will make a heck of a difference in sound quality pumping all the full HZ to them towers. Im using a full complete DCM set up from the 90's, and sounds flippin fantastic.

Now you may have to go into your receivers audio set up to do full range to the towers, and make it set up to also have the rears being used if I remember correctly. I know I have to do it with the Denon, cuz it makes the rears set up as zone 2/3. Also if you have the Realtek chip on ur board, you for sure have to go in it and set the analog to 7.1 for by default its set to stereo. Also you have to do task management and set either the mic, or line in to do side speakers. But that's it, run all analog, run the highs to the sub and turn sub off in the receiver and software, set the fronts to large, and bam, you got some banging fun time ;)

And yes, my room is a mess, I know :D

OH and in that pic was my old Onkyo RZ810 unit, I got rid of it for the Denon which I stole off eBay for $100 bill. I use receivers all over the house for my boy has a Sony in his room, in the big screen room right next to my desk, is yet a Denon, and in my bedroom I use a projector as well, and yet another Denon :p I been snagging receivers of goodwills website on the cheap cheap, but I could not pass up this new Denon I have hooked up. Its pretty much the same as the 2808CI I was using, but has 5 HDMI inputs rather then just 2 like you have as well.

145889450_765207714201624_7745394975624200066_n.jpg

One thing to consider if you plan on doing analog, like I do, is get a player call potplayer, for within its audio setting you can set it up to do almost every conceivable sound output. I seem to have trouble getting vcl player to do 7.1 right, even when forcing it to do dolby surround in its setting, pot player is, for me, a better choice to watch videos or music with. If you have a 4K monitor/tv, what I do with my consoles including my Xbox one x, is I use a switch that has 4 HDMI inputs, and it has optical as well that I send the toslink to my receiver, Denon avr 3310 CI and use its output directly to my 4K TCL tv. It kinda sucks not getting 7.1 from it, but on the other hand I do get it to do 4K, so its a give and take. If you do 7.1 analog to your receiver, then what ever you play, movies/games/music will decode correctly without the need to do these drivers to get dts/dd. Even if you got the toslink to do right and decode that, its just making it sound as if you are playing in "surround", but to get true 7.1 in movies and games you need a older receiver, like what you and I are using, that has actual 7.1 analog in, to do it all in that form. If you want a little better then the boards 7.1, the ONLY "newer" card that creative does in 7.1 actual output analog, you need a Sound Blaster X3. All the rest of the creative lines do 5.1, and simulates 7.1 via headphones. I had that card for a little bit, but found that my boards 7.1 analog, and that cards one, I couldn't tell the difference in sound quality, so I sent it back. But this is how I have all my stuff set up. Though now I moved my sub behind me, and traded my HT's Bic PL12 with the polk in the picture. I have also bypassed using my sub outputs on my receiver, and ran a high output line right to my sub, for in doing that I had found by using sub out, it took away the HZ my actual front speakers could do, making having larger front speakers kinda useless. If you plan on running small speakers all around its great, but having larger speakers that can do some really good bass on their own, sending the high to my sub, makes it work kick butt. I have excellent mid bass now with my towers getting the full HZ they need, and all rest also gets put thru the front speakers and also out the sub, and really made a HUGE difference in sound quality. If you are using them Klipsch speakers give it a shot, it will make a heck of a difference in sound quality pumping all the full HZ to them towers. Im using a full complete DCM set up from the 90's, and sounds flippin fantastic.

Now you may have to go into your receivers audio set up to do full range to the towers, and make it set up to also have the rears being used if I remember correctly. I know I have to do it with the Denon, cuz it makes the rears set up as zone 2/3. Also if you have the Realtek chip on ur board, you for sure have to go in it and set the analog to 7.1 for by default its set to stereo. Also you have to do task management and set either the mic, or line in to do side speakers. But that's it, run all analog, run the highs to the sub and turn sub off in the receiver and software, set the fronts to large, and bam, you got some banging fun time ;)

And yes, my room is a mess, I know :D

OH and in that pic was my old Onkyo RZ810 unit, I got rid of it for the Denon which I stole off eBay for $100 bill. I use receivers all over the house for my boy has a Sony in his room, in the big screen room right next to my desk, is yet a Denon, and in my bedroom I use a projector as well, and yet another Denon :p I been snagging receivers of goodwills website on the cheap cheap, but I could not pass up this new Denon I have hooked up. Its pretty much the same as the 2808CI I was using, but has 5 HDMI inputs rather then just 2 like you have as well.

View attachment 187873

I have the same Coolermaster case, I love it :)

ItsMARCky

DOWNLOAD MY DRIVERS FROM HERE:
DCH-UAD VERSION (RECOMMENDED)

STANDARD VERSION

DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9102.1
HDA PANEL INCLUDED IN DCH DRIVER

• REALTEK DEFAULT EFFECTS
  • CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-Fi MB5
  • CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER X-Fi MB5
  • ASIO EXTRA
  • REALTEK DEFAULT EFFECTS WITH DDL/DTS
  • CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER CONNECT 2 (LEGACY)
    • 360°
    • 720°
  • NAHIMIC 3
  • SONIC STUDIO 3 (ASUS ROG)
  • SONIC RADAR 3 SUPPORTED
  • DOLBY ATMOS
  • DOLBY DIGITAL (OVERRIDE)
  • DTS INTERACTIVE (OVERRIDE)
  • REALTEK ASIO
  • REALTEK DEFAULT EFFECTS WITH DOLBY DIGITAL LIVE & DTS INTERACTIVE
  • CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER CONNECT (UWP)
    • 360°
    • 720°
    • CINEMA 5
  • NAHIMIC 3 (APO v3)
  • SONIC STUDIO 3 (ASUS ROG) (APO v3)
  • SONIC RADAR 3 SUPPORTED
  • DOLBY ATMOS
  • DOLBY ACCESS OEM
IMAGES (WINDOWS 10)
CREATIVE PANEL (LEGACY)
View attachment 145072
REALTEK AUDIO CONSOLE (UWP)
View attachment 159335
View attachment 159540

CREATIVE PANEL (UWP)
View attachment 158671
NAHIMIC 3
View attachment 133729

SONIC STUDIO 3 (ASUS ROG)
View attachment 156931

View attachment 156932

View attachment 156933

SCOUT RADAR 3 (NOT INCLUDED, BUT SUPPORT ENABLED)
View attachment 156935

View attachment 156936

DOLBY ATMOS
View attachment 143507

ATTENTION: If the Sound Blaster, if installed, is unable to detect your audio device correctly, the executable that will allow you to restore this operation is attached.

View attachment 168055

ENJOY !!!
Hello Allan, when I install your driver package, using ACL1220 and Windows 20H2, it's possible enable audio 7.1 via optical cable? I don't know if I do something wrong, I've tried everything using alot of driver packages (Signed and not-signed) included yours, and all the time I just get 5.1 Douby and DTS. I'm using a ASRock Z370 Taichi MB and a Denon AVR-2311CI receiver.

S/PDIF (optical or coax) is limited to 5.1. 7.1 is not possible according to the specs. If you want 7.1, the only way to go is analog (or HDMI, but that's a whole other thing).

ItsMARCky

S/PDIF (optical or coax) is limited to 5.1. 7.1 is not possible according to the specs. If you want 7.1, the only way to go is analog (or HDMI, but that's a whole other thing).
I did a research on your comment, many of the things I found are old (In Portuguese and English). Still in doubt about it, the TOSLINK wiki is saying that it accepts 5.1/7.1 compressed audio. I will test it with an HDMI bridge just for audio extraction, bad that the controller will become NVIDIA, but thanks for the answer!

About HDMI, normally this will be PCM (uncompressed) over HDMI. That's how I connect my HTPC to my recently bought receiver. So if you extract audio from it, it will never 'fit' on S/PDIF and probably be just a stereo track.

My old receiver only had S/PDIF and analog. You are right that S/PDIF technically can receive more than 5.1, because I did have several movies that had a Dolby EX (?) track which is 6.1, which worked just fine over S/PDIF. But as for as I know, the realtime encoding of Dolby Digital or DTS is limited to 5.1. So the problem here is I think the 'sending' part on the soundcard / realtime encoder.