• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

I've already installed the driver, but when I open those software, it's only in the process of loading, and I can't get in. Except for Dolby, how do I need to set it? Or if there is a tutorial connection, you can send it to me, and I'll check the corresponding settings directly. Thank youView attachment 199300
restart the Creative UWP Host Service

Attachments

• restart.jpg
    restart.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 219
Hi all.

I just got a new motherboard Gigabyte Z590i which has Realtek ALC-1220-VB.

Coming from SoundBlaster Z internal DAC to drive my AudioEngine 5+ bookshelf speakers and ATH-A900X headphones, I'm very disappointed with the Realtek audio. Very powerless, thin and muddy.
I use Equalizer-APO with Peace and I have Harman TRC EQ for my headphones and speakers and I thought maybe using DTS:X Unbound (purchased) will help, but it doesn't. So I thought to try DTS:X Ultra, but it never works. Well, it worked only once but I don't know what killed it.
Now I get this:

What should I download from here: https://github.com/AlanFinotty/AAFDCHDriverMod/releases ?
Will this resolve the quality issues and DTS:X UItra?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    316.5 KB · Views: 203

Untitledlistener

How do i delete this left over option? also realtek says that it's not supported on my pc, the universal one simply refuses to show up as well. I uninstalled normally and checked for leftovers with driverstoreexplorer also ran ccleaner just incase, am i doing something wrong?

Attachments

• left over.png
    left over.png
    993 bytes · Views: 138
Very strange, are all the apps uninstalled? Or did you use the force feature in the Explorer app, it breaks things :s

Untitledlistener

Very strange, are all the apps uninstalled? Or did you use the force feature in the Explorer app, it breaks things :s
No i didn't use any force feature, never even heard of such thing actually. By the way are there any specific configurations needed in the tweaker app or is it set automatically?

Last edited:
The driver explorer app has a force delete option, tick box. You mean the app for driver policy?

Untitledlistener

The driver explorer app has a force delete option, tick box. You mean the app for driver policy?
Oooh yeah i might actually used it before rebooting and yeah the driver policy thing, im not sure if i have that one set up correctly. Like sometimes i have the realtek mod going decently but the audio feels muddy without clarity on my over ear headphones, so im not sure if its the mod or i installed it incorrectly or the configs. :(

Ok, copy the current policy *, then delete policy, using the red X left side of the flashing text, reboot, then do the video below, I'm exporting to my Policy Installer.
After the reboot and the get OEM policy, I suggest: DrvCtrl-20 -- 3-Vista24BitRecord (24bit, HD microphone).

Untitledlistener

Ok, copy the current policy *, then delete policy, using the red X left side of the flashing text, reboot, then do the video below, I'm exporting to my Policy Installer.
After the reboot and the get OEM policy, I suggest: DrvCtrl-20 -- 3-Vista24BitRecord (24bit, HD microphone).

Alright i see i did what you said audio sounds good, but i still get errors in the realtek control panel and soundblaster has no effect also dts X didnt install. I guess i should try the headphone dts variant but that one doesnt seem to turn on when i tried it.

:( Oh well at least you know how to use the app and make your OEM policy. I guess this is one for Alan.

Untitledlistener

:( Oh well at least you know how to use the app and make your OEM policy. I guess this is one for Alan.
I feel like this is a special case one in a million case for me lol. Gonna figure it out somehow, managed to remove the glitched leftover by installing the official DTS then unistalling it.

Fair enough, good luck. Post results. Edit, @Alan Finotty (and DTS:X users): https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/dts-dch-driver-for-realtek-dts-x.279972/post-4515987
Note: You need Sound Unbound installed, as it's the spatial engine, DTS APO4 spatial modes do not work without it, and it can cause lag and CPU issues.

Sound Unbound can be issue prone, its not optimized for all PC's, and usually comes with certain hardware.
The store app that you purchase without a pre-installed DTS driver, is different.

Last edited:

Untitledlistener

Fair enough, good luck. Post results. Edit, @Alan Finotty (and DTS:X users): https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/dts-dch-driver-for-realtek-dts-x.279972/post-4515987
Note: You need Sound Unbound installed, as it's the spatial engine, DTS APO4 spatial modes do not work without it, and it can cause lag and CPU issues.

Sound Unbound can be issue prone, its not optimized for all PC's, and usually comes with certain hardware.
The store app that you purchase without a pre-installed DTS driver, is different.
Alright i got it to work somehow, with the APO3 DTS and it sounds great! i think the policy installer helped with it.

If you are using DTS:X, you might find this post useful (files here), if you want to make the modifications, make a restore point, or backup the registry at he point you will edit (search for the key in [here]).

Sound Unbound and DTS Ultra must be installed at the same time?

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard
Hello @Ferather I do not know why but since some day, my DTS Unbond app loses it license (Store update deactivated) and Ultra stopped working. I tried doind a clean flash, but it didn't resolved anything...

Realtek 892 Subsystem 1458A002 Revision 1003

Last edited:
@dododo, for spatial yes.

@Hearick, do you happen to have a VPN, NordVPN has an issue with DTS, it needs certain settings. I have two friends with ALC892 working.

Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
@dododo, for spatial yes.

@Hearick, do you happen to have a VPN, NordVPN has an issue with DTS, it needs certain settings. I have two friends with ALC892 working.
Some days ago I saw your messages about NordVPN and decided to change to Hotspot Shield (because it had a cracked version). NordVPN is completely uninstalled.

Edit : problem solved by uninstalling the apps and then creating a new microsoft account and reinstalling apps

Good to know you fixed it, must be an account issue then, it does happen (license doesn't attach to account), but its rare.
Personally I cannot buy the app legitimately, because if I press buy or trial, nothing happens :(

When I contacted DTS they pretty much said the same as you, and make or use another account.

Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Good to know you fixed it, must be an account issue then, it does happen (license doesn't attach to account), but its rare.
Personally I cannot buy the app legitimately, because if I press buy or trial, nothing happens :(

When I contacted DTS they pretty much said the same as you, and make or use another account.
The weird thing is thay it stopped working from one moment to another...

Another thing, is it possible to make that the DTS X Ultra app works on HDMI with NVIDIA High D

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9155.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

WARNING: There is also an update for Nahimic on the Microsoft Store to version 1.5.4.0, but it is very likely that once installed, your enhancement will stop working.

ATTENTION 1: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION 2: If you want to use DTS in conjunction with Creative Sound Blaster, choose DTS: X Ultra. The reason: I did intensive tests on my PC, combining each one with each other and found that the control services of Creative Sound Blaster Connect and DTS HeadphoneX v1 cannot work together, they conflict with each other, that is, if both services are stopped and you start Creative UWP Service first and manually and then start DTSAPO3Service, the latter will be starting and stopping all the time, like a vicious cycle. Now, if both services are stopped and you first start the DTSAPO3Service manually and then start the Creative UWP Service, the latter will not even start.

RECOMMENDATION:
Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative" or "Alan Finotty" in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions and Software Components categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

If Dolby Atmos again insists not to install, here are the packages for installation.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!