• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

Hi Alan. It seems that the update from the latest package release (3rd release) seems more problematic after I tried installing it on my device. Almost all app packages that came in the last driver update can't be used at all. (Can be seen in some of the screenshots attached).
1. I still can't install Dolby Atmos Speaker System until now.
2. DTS: X Ultra - so it can't be used. DTS Unbound suddenly went to the free version (lost its license). After I checked the cause, it turned out that the DTS Unbound application that was in your driver package, has now changed after I looked at MS.Store?
3. I just installed the HDA Panel (patched APO) supports DDL & DTS + DTS (and friends) + Dolby Atmos Speaker System + SBC 720.

View attachment 198528

Looks like I have to go back to the previous version, and thanks very much for your hard work. :toast:
Thanks very much Alan.. , will try it tomorrow morning. Hope my previous issues don't happen..

Updated test results for the latest release.
1. DTS: X Ultra and Unbound still can't be accessed or used as in previous releases - the sound quality on the system is shrill (treble dominates, bass is lost).

2. Finally, the Dolby Atmos Speaker System can now be used in the last release.

3. In the last release, only installing Dolby Atmos Speaker System and SBC 720 which produces better sound.

Last edited:

PossibleTurco

Hello, today I switched to the latest driver. However, the microphone of my headset is transmitting the system sounds across for some reason. What is the reason of this? Is it a driver related error or did I go wrong somewhere while installing the driver?

SoundLike

Thank you, AlanFinotty. Version AAF DCH OPTIMUS SOUND 6.0.9155.1 works stable. The only one, DTS: X Ultra file size is huge, but there is no sense (purely my opinion). Realtek Default Effects + Dolby ATMOS SPEAKER System + Dolby Digital works stable for me. Keep it up, well done.

Raziels_Lament

Just curious when you are going to bring back the bass management for the realtek analog folks? I'm sticking with version 6.0.9116.1 for now.

NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9155.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

WARNING: There is also an update for Nahimic on the Microsoft Store to version 1.5.4.0, but it is very likely that once installed, your enhancement will stop working.

ATTENTION 1: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION 2: If you want to use DTS in conjunction with Creative Sound Blaster, choose DTS: X Ultra. The reason: I did intensive tests on my PC, combining each one with each other and found that the control services of Creative Sound Blaster Connect and DTS HeadphoneX v1 cannot work together, they conflict with each other, that is, if both services are stopped and you start Creative UWP Service first and manually and then start DTSAPO3Service, the latter will be starting and stopping all the time, like a vicious cycle. Now, if both services are stopped and you first start the DTSAPO3Service manually and then start the Creative UWP Service, the latter will not even start.

RECOMMENDATION:
Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative" or "Alan Finotty" in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions and Software Components categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

If Dolby Atmos again insists not to install, here are the packages for installation.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!
Hi. After installing the driver, the Realtek Audio Console does not work (indicates that this computer does not support). Tell me what to do. Thank you.

Attachments

• 2021-05-08.png
    2021-05-08.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 101
Tested the new 6.0.9155.1 version. This time with the patched APO (UAD, just the Realtek options including ASIO). DTS interactive works as before, just as long as I disable audio enhancements (otherwise no multichannel audio in games). The Realtek Audio console is now working again too.

Although now I don't really have a need for analog 5.1 anymore, it would be nice if the was an option to set the crossover frequency for the subwoofer. I have only the option 'bass management' in the Realtek Audio console, but no slider to set the frequency. Also there's no additional 'enhancements' tab in the sound properties page to set this. Is there a way to enable this through the rtkhdaud.dat settings?

Thank you, AlanFinotty. Version AAF DCH OPTIMUS SOUND 6.0.9155.1 works stable. The only one, DTS: X Ultra file size is huge, but there is no sense (purely my opinion). Realtek Default Effects + Dolby ATMOS SPEAKER System + Dolby Digital works stable for me. Keep it up, well done.
I believe that the large size of dts is due to the videos it comes with for testing

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION UPDATED TO 6.0.9155.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

WARNING: There is also an update for Nahimic on the Microsoft Store to version 1.5.4.0, but it is very likely that once installed, your enhancement will stop working.

ATTENTION 1: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

ATTENTION 2: If you want to use DTS in conjunction with Creative Sound Blaster, choose DTS: X Ultra. The reason: I did intensive tests on my PC, combining each one with each other and found that the control services of Creative Sound Blaster Connect and DTS HeadphoneX v1 cannot work together, they conflict with each other, that is, if both services are stopped and you start Creative UWP Service first and manually and then start DTSAPO3Service, the latter will be starting and stopping all the time, like a vicious cycle. Now, if both services are stopped and you first start the DTSAPO3Service manually and then start the Creative UWP Service, the latter will not even start.

RECOMMENDATION:
Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative" or "Alan Finotty" in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions and Software Components categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

If Dolby Atmos again insists not to install, here are the packages for installation.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!
What are the new sections ?

M1ster

I9_A%D[MG$CLK{GW)P$5OPW.png
NBO)2K$V70$CVJ04WWAZYEQ.png

all of dts dont work any help? dolby atoms/sonic stuido/sound blaster works for me and dts works for me in the previous versions.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard
Alan congratulations! Everything is installed and works the first time. Everyone's hearing is different. To me, with all the improvers, the sound seems fantastic. Addition - I have Dts unbound with decoder X was purchased earlier, so maybe I do not have problems with the license like others. But bought at a much lower price. In this case, unbound is from your package - the update in MS is disabled.

Attachments

• alll works.jpg
    alll works.jpg
    482.5 KB · Views: 198

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2

niiyant

In my case I have the same problem as some people in the last two drivers (it tells me that it is not compatible).
Although in the third version above everything works correctly.
I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T460 20FX, although I do not know what chip realtek takes.

@niiyant, you mean the legacy driver? To find your ALC, type: System Info, into the search next to the start menu.

1620564175257.png

Dev_0889 = ALC 889

@ Alan Finotty
I installed your latest version using legacy like @ zonder above. Everything installed and works - thanks for your hard work.
When you turn spatial mode off the sound is clear and crisp with very nice bass and heights, but when you switch to spatial ultra or headphoneX or windows sonic the sound becomes distorted and bass is lost - it seems like all the other effects like Atmos, SB720 and SF are lost when spatial is enabled.
Hope this helps.
Again many thanks to you.

Last edited:

facu22

hello first time I commented install the latest version of the driver but realtek control neither dts ultra works, the other problem I face is that when playing any sound I have a high CPU usage due to the Windows audio device graphics isolation process

DCH 6.0.9155.1 dts ultra not works :(
ASUS B150M ET SERIES 887

Attachments

• 2021-05-10_013037.png
    2021-05-10_013037.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 2021-05-10_012711.png
    2021-05-10_012711.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 79
@dododo, so far you have tried 3 separate drivers from 3 different people, and also tried their updates, and every time you come back with Ultra isnt working.
Personally, I think you have an issue elsewhere, either with Windows, Windows account, past installs, and perhaps more variables.

If you can install the English language pack, I can take a look using TeamViewer, pls DM and make a restore point.

OK guys I found it.
I reinstalled it. The sonic studio is the culprit - it kills the effects of Atmos and SB720.
Now spatial works excellent with Atmos, SB720 and Ultra

Edit:
In spatial mode when you make changes to Ultra, Atmos or SB720 you can hear it immediately without Sonic Studio. With Sonic Studio you cannot tell the difference when you make changes to Atmos or SB720 in spatial mode

Last edited: