• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

This one is Alan Finotty package - the spatial sound is really superb without sonic focus

This one is Alan Finotty package - the spatial sound is really superb without sonic focus
Hi! I thought everyone had figured it out a long time ago...)))) It turns out not. Sonic Studio III must be installed, I think-it makes the sound richer. Equalizer in HDA I have a powerful preset and enabled dts neo - "music". There are no delays. @Ferather is worth your updated preset on Ultra-testing. It seems to have become a little clearer..There were clearer sounds in the background. - or it seems to me already!?) In any case, the sound is fantastic. Special thanks to @Alan Finotty And also @Ferather

Attachments

• need.jpg
    need.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 222
  • works.jpg
    works.jpg
    482.5 KB · Views: 215
I have a doubt and it is why many people use the old realtek audio panel ?

niiyant

@niiyant, you mean the legacy driver? To find your ALC, type: System Info, into the search next to the start menu.

View attachment 199738

Dev_0889 = ALC 889
No, I'm referring to the Audio Console, I get the error that it is not compatible when I open it, it doesn't seem that the audio enhancements are working either.
But it works correctly in version 6.0.9137.1 and earlier.
Only in the most recent versions I get the error that others are reporting.
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0293
I guess it would be ALC293

Yes ALC293, try reading through these posts (here, driver policy), first make a restore point and then let me know if it helps.

----

I have shared my preset with Alan, and briefly explained how to make an @Alan Finotty DTS preset, with more quality and better performance.
I also explained about EFX 51 for those who would like to use it, hopefully he will register it as part of the driver.

He may ask you to manually replace the key, where the normal stereo one is placed, it does work also with stereo audio, as part of testing, rather than default, or as an optional change.

Last edited:

neoOpus

I think I will need the help of one of the Gurus here, I tried to follow the instructions and installed this several times at different times and different times, but it always fails to play any sound while it install properly and seem that it is playing when I test it (only show that some sound is playing and no error message in Windows) I tried different selections and I used DSE to remove any remaining driver... but nothing helps, my laptop is HP Envy 17 is ALC245 (according to Realtek CPL)

Thank you.

neoOpus

I will try to dig more, but I am sort of lost in so much details... btw I downloaded all the files you shared and I am trying to figure out how to get the best out of all... but the fact that there is no sound is frustrating and I don't have a clue what is causing this so far... I am a tinkerer and I tend to solve such complex issues on daily basis but with this one I am stuck! I think I am missing something anyway if I find a solution I will share it here!

I will try to dig more, but I am sort of lost in so much details... btw I downloaded all the files you shared and I am trying to figure out how to get the best out of all... but the fact that there is no sound is frustrating and I don't have a clue what is causing this so far... I am a tinkerer and I tend to solve such complex issues on daily basis but with this one I am stuck! I think I am missing something anyway if I find a solution I will share it here!
Installation of the driver with amplifiers is successful or does it give any errors during installation? After installing and rebooting - if there is no sound - restart the Audiosrv - Windows Audio service. Naturally, the driver should be put on a clean one-without any tails. And in general, everything is painted on the forum - read more carefully.

neoOpus

Installation of the driver with amplifiers is successful or does it give any errors during installation? After installing and rebooting - if there is no sound - restart the Audiosrv - Windows Audio service. Naturally, the driver should be put on a clean one-without any tails. And in general, everything is painted on the forum - read more carefully.
the installation is successful each time but the sound isn't playing, Windows tend to show an error like cannot play tone when there is a problem with the driver but this is not the case it looks like the sound is playing and I see the visual effect of it and I cannot hear absolutely anything on the speakers (other sound peripherals work without issue) and if I install the original Realtek drivers everything is normal again but of course just plain... yesterday I uninstalled everything sound related (FX sound, Voicemeeter, etc)... right now, I am out of options, but I am trying to figure out if there is a tool that I can use to debug the sound route

the installation is successful each time but the sound isn't playing, Windows tend to show an error like cannot play tone when there is a problem with the driver but this is not the case it looks like the sound is playing and I see the visual effect of it and I cannot hear absolutely anything on the speakers (other sound peripherals work without issue) and if I install the original Realtek drivers everything is normal again but of course just plain... yesterday I uninstalled everything sound related (FX sound, Voicemeeter, etc)... right now, I am out of options, but I am trying to figure out if there is a tool that I can use to debug the sound route
And the audio output is correctly selected after installation? - It happens that the default output is lost - check

Attachments

• no sound.jpg
    no sound.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 86

neoOpus

Yes defaults work without problem, they come with some Intel sound enhancement and Bang & Olufsen mixer... I am going to try the same drivers on my older laptops (I don't remember if I did make it work previously)... anyway I can provide a remote session via AnyDesk... meanwhile I am looking if there are some tools that I can use to figure out what is going on... something like GraphStudioNext for DirectX and codecs

neoOpus

I sent you a message, let me know if that one works.
Thank you, I just replied after trying for few hours to figure something out and playing with the tools you added and visiting some websites to download tons and tons of files... I will put up some order in them and try to see if any would help.

panklou

Hi all,
First of all, Alan your project and effort is great and remarkable. Everything is working perfectly but I have one basic problem. My device is ALC269 and every time I install a universal DCH driver my S/PIDIF port stops working. With the legacy drivers the port works but I would like to be able to update the drivers and that's only possible with the DCH version. Does anyone know why this happens? Thank you in advance.

panklou

Hmm, does the receiver support DTS-Dolby decoding? What happens if you set SPDIF to stereo?

I've tried every configuration and my receiver support DD. In addition, I can't see the red light coming out of my laptop's port whenever I set the audio output to Digital SPDIF. So, it doesn't transmit sound at all.

I suggest the same step I suggested before, try a full clean uninstall, run command prompt as admin and run: pnputil -e (guide here), and default install motherboard drivers, do you get a light then?

panklou

I suggest the same step I suggested before, try a full clean uninstall, run command prompt as admin and run: pnputil -e (guide here), and default install motherboard drivers, do you get a light then?
With Microsoft's and Realtek's default drivers I get a signal (red light). Also, I get light with the legacy AAF's drivers. I have tried to install the same drivers' version (6.0.8960.1) both in legacy and DCH format and the same happens so it's not a matter of version.