• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DCH DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
DCH DRIVER VERSION 6.0.9155.1
MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

WARNING: There is also an update for Nahimic on the Microsoft Store to version 1.5.4.0, but it is very likely that once installed, your enhancement will stop working.

ATTENTION 1: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

RECOMMENDATION:
Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative" or "Alan Finotty" in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions and Software Components categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

If Dolby Atmos again insists not to install, here are the packages for installation.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!

MORE DETAILS IN GITHUB

WARNING: There is also an update for Nahimic on the Microsoft Store to version 1.5.4.0, but it is very likely that once installed, your enhancement will stop working.

ATTENTION 1: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

RECOMMENDATION: Before installing this modified driver, be sure to remove any and all residues from previous Realtek audio drivers or even if there are residues from previous versions of my mods, if they persist. For this you will need the DriverStoreExplorer (by @lostindark). Remove any drivers whose vendor is "Realtek", "Dolby", "DTS", "Creative" or "Alan Finotty" in the Sound, Video and Game Controllers, Extensions and Software Components categories.

Those who want only Realtek material, just choose the panel option (HDA or UAD), select your decoder and deselect the rest.

If Dolby Atmos again insists not to install, here are the packages for installation.

GO TO 1st PAGE

ENJOY!!!
Downloading packages, hopefully this time without problems. Will report the results soon
Thanks in advance

Updated:
=======

1. Still happening, the problem seems to be with the DTS license. I did see a few moments of the spatial sound feature (HeadphoneX, DTS: X Ultra and Unbound), but suddenly it disappeared anyway - first after rebooting the device.

2. Dolby Atmos speaker system when it is first opened normal, but for a moment it suddenly doesn't work, but somehow it works again and can be used.

3. SBC 720 - no problem.

==> But the sound quality seems much better than the previous version.

Attachments

• SS 1.png
    SS 1.png
    399.2 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:
What is DTS:X Ultra License ?

Downloading packages, hopefully this time without problems. Will report the results soon
Thanks in advance

Updated:
=======

1. Still happening, the problem seems to be with the DTS license. I did see a few moments of the spatial sound feature (HeadphoneX, DTS: X Ultra and Unbound), but suddenly it disappeared anyway - first after rebooting the device.

2. Dolby Atmos speaker system when it is first opened normal, but for a moment it suddenly doesn't work, but somehow it works again and can be used.

3. SBC 720 - no problem.

==> But the sound quality seems much better than the previous version.
1. me too

Hello everyone. I installed a new driver - everything works. The only thing is that: after installation, unbound also showed the license for 14 days. After turning on the Internet and launching it again, unbound apparently connected and requested a license-the status was updated. It's all right. The sound is fantastic! @Alan Finotty -respect!
P.S. Yes, I see in Ultra the default preset from @Ferather - also thanks!
P.P.S. I do not know what Ferather passed to Alan or Alan tweaked something - but the sound, now tested in different applications, just fly away !!! Very strong detail, saturation, and so on. Respect again !!!:rockout:

Attachments

• works.jpg
    works.jpg
    530.7 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
What is DTS:X Ultra License ?

1. me too
It seems that for now, I have to be satisfied with the use of DTS HeadphoneX and Dolby Atmos Speaker System. I think the sound results are much better in my headphones than using DTS Ultra and Unbound in Alan's driver package.

But I still hope to use DTS Ultra and Unbound in the future. If Alan is able to repair his DTS package license.

Once again about reinstalling Alan's driver. Maybe something is superfluous, but I judge by my own example (nothing complicated, then I do everything on the machine):
1. We turn off the Internet (when restarting, it did not turn on itself).
2. Remove using revo uninstaller - looking for leftovers. Do not reboot !!!
3. Checking Driver Store Explorer - looking for leftovers.
4. Scan and delete ccleaner leftovers in the registry - 2-3 times before it is empty.
5. Reboot immediately into the "without checking the signature of the windows 10 drivers" mode.
6. Go to C: \ ProgramData and delete the A-Volute, Creative, Dolby folders.
7. Go to the "regedit" registry and delete Computer \ HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ SOFTWARE \ - A-Volute Next, go to Computer \ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ remove A-Volute, Creative, Dolby, Dts.
8. Go to C: \ Windows \ System32 and delete A-Volute, DtS.
9. Scan and delete ccleaner remnants in the registry - 2-3 times before it is empty.
10. Install Alan's driver. (Before restarting, go to the Temp folder - there in one of the folders you will find the unpacked files Unbound, Atmos, Blaster, and so on. Copy the folder to another location on your computer if you have problems with the files for possible separate reinstalling.)
11. Reboot. (After rebooting Hda, the panel becomes 889 by default - where there is no equalizer and dolby. There is only DTS Surround Sensation UltraPC)
12. I enter the code using Realtek Audio Device Tweak - hda becomes 890 - dolby appears, dts neo. I reboot and enter the code to turn on the equalizer.
13. I put the Sound Blaster in headphones mode, put 7.1 in hda and check - 7 speakers and a subwoofer should play.
14. Turning on the Internet - Checking Ultra - active in spatial mode in 7.1. Everything!!!

Last edited:
@Zonder you should find the preset is impossible to beat, its not only optimized for best quality with stereo, headphones AND multichannel, it also has optimized performance (very important).

----

@Alan Finotty, Thanks for the Creative and Dolby DAX 3 files and data. The first thing I did, like with DTS, was check what dlls register without needing extra driver codes.
Nearly all of DAX3 and Creative register using the standard system, like with DTS, if you register it, then use less code in the driver, performance increases.

The first one I tried to fix, was Creative, in full UAD and registered, I still ran into the same conflict issue with APO3, so bummer....
At the moment I am working on Dolby, but are registering the .dll's, and removing codes you have.

Attachments

• Register.txt
    596 bytes · Views: 137
  • Creative.UWPRPCService.exe
    355.4 KB · Views: 87

propen

hello everyone, I have a legion y540 laptop on alc257. In which the combined connector is installed. When installing the driver pack, you can hear sounds from the system through the microphone. Can someone suggest which tweaks are better to use? And for some reason, after installing dts ultra, it does not have a license and does not see my headphones. I apologize in advance for the trouble. earlier in this thread I found only one mention of alc25x

You might not be able to use the driver fully, it sounds like an OEM configuration that is not common. You can try making your own driver policy, or delete Alan's one.
If you delete or make your own policy, the driver will use the policy that is built into the chip, this hopefully will fix some of the problems.

Open the provided tweak tool, at the bottom change to policy, next to the flashing red text (left) is a red X, press it then restart.

Green means you have no file (RTKHDAUD.dat), flashing red means you have a file.

----

You might also need different SSTPPCfg codes for your OEM config, not sure which ones you need, without a driver to read.

1621086824935.png

Last edited:
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
@Zonder you should find the preset is impossible to beat, its not only optimized for best quality with stereo, headphones AND multichannel, it also has optimized performance (very important).

----

@Alan Finotty, Thanks for the Creative and Dolby DAX 3 files and data. The first thing I did, like with DTS, was check what dlls register without needing extra driver codes.
Nearly all of DAX3 and Creative register using the standard system, like with DTS, if you register it, then use less code in the driver, performance increases.

The first one I tried to fix, was Creative, in full UAD and registered, I still ran into the same conflict issue with APO3, so bummer....
At the moment I am working on Dolby, but are registering the .dll's, and removing codes you have.
You may have noticed the AddReg sections for registering libraries (DLLs) instead of RegisterDlls. In fact, this is a requirement for the DCH (Universal) standard quoted HERE.

skinlab133

Does anyone know why if I run the "Test" under Supported Formats of the Realtek Digital Output Properties for both DTS Audio and Dolby Digital they complete fine (all speakers individually sound off as they should), but then nothing seems to play 5.1 properly on the PC? Neither VLC nor games play 5.1 as you would expect.

I have the ASUS Realtek Audio Control panel installed, but there's nothing in there about 5.1. I feel like I've missed a step somewhere??
(Ignore the Xonar device, I am not using it).

Edit: It appears though it DOES work in VLC, but not in any games (or the PLEX app). The sound in games and Plex comes out as fake, virtualized 5.1. It is not true 5.1 like you hear with VLC. Still feel like maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 119
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 133
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
Does anyone know why if I run the "Test" under Supported Formats of the Realtek Digital Output Properties for both DTS Audio and Dolby Digital they complete fine (all speakers individually sound off as they should), but then nothing seems to play 5.1 properly on the PC? Neither VLC nor games play 5.1 as you would expect.

I have the ASUS Realtek Audio Control panel installed, but there's nothing in there about 5.1. I feel like I've missed a step somewhere??
(Ignore the Xonar device, I am not using it).

Edit: It appears though it DOES work in VLC, but not in any games (or the PLEX app). The sound in games and Plex comes out as fake, virtualized 5.1. It is not true 5.1 like you hear with VLC. Still feel like maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Windows 10 has sound problems due to some new updates, maybe it's your problem

https://betanews.com/2021/05/15/kb5000842-update-high-pitched-sound-windows-10/

https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/05/14/latest-windows-10-update-issue-is-trashing-audio-quality/

Just installed 9155 and it seems I too am now unable to use DTS:X Ultra or Sound Unbound due to licensing issues.

I am not getting this issue with my driver, have you turned off Windows store updates? If you do not turn off auto update, it will install a newer version without license.

1621116887821.png 1621116944749.png

Disable, updates, uninstall effected SU, right click 7zip, run as admin, C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\
Delete SU stuff (hold shift and delete), then you can cleanly install the provided one.

1621117277287.png

----

@Zonder @Alan Finotty, I found some defaults that where wrong, enabled without settings. I notice increased performance, and yes, quality. Give this a go pls.

System Name Huananzhi
Processor Intel Xeon E5 2678 v3
Motherboard Huananzhi X99 F8
Cooling DeepCool Gammax 400 v2 with 2nd 120mm AeroCool Cooler, DR12 Pro ARGB 8in1 Case Coolers.
Memory Xynix 4x8GB ECC Reg DDR4 2133Mhz = 32GB
Video Card(s) GTX 550Ti 1Gbx128b DDR3 (noname)
Storage SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB, HDD0: WD Red Pro 6TB.
Display(s) LG Flatron E2442
Case AeroCool Aero Black
Audio Device(s) Microlab X3/5.1, AAF DCH Optimus Sound (ALC-892) 10EC 0892.
Power Supply Gigabyte B700H
Mouse Fantech UX1 Hero 16000 DPI
Keyboard A4Tech X7 G800V Keyboard
Software Windows 10 x64 Education, build 1909.
Dear Alan Finotty! Please add the 5.1 sound support for hardware HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_10EC0892&REV_1003.
In browser MozillaFirefox, the sound is played in 2.0 format, also the SoundBlasterConnect does not see the audio device.
Also KGAConfig report the error 7B when select Sound Blaster 360.

Attachments

• sbc.JPG
    sbc.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 105
  • sound.JPG
    sound.JPG
    18.6 KB · Views: 83
  • error.JPG
    error.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
I am not getting this issue with my driver, have you turned off Windows store updates? If you do not turn off auto update, it will install a newer version without license.

View attachment 200449 View attachment 200450

Disable, updates, uninstall effected SU, right click 7zip, run as admin, C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\
Delete SU stuff (hold shift and delete), then you can cleanly install the provided one.

View attachment 200451

----

@Zonder @Alan Finotty, I found some defaults that where wrong, enabled without settings. I notice increased performance, and yes, quality. Give this a go pls.

I uninstalled everything with Revo before installing AAF 9155.1 (with Windows store updates turned off). Realtek Audio Console and Creative Cinema 5 work but DTS:X Ultra and Sound Unbound do not.

@Ferather How does one use your DTS preset?

P.S. I uninstalled 9155.1 and went back to 9137 but Sound Unbound does not work anymore.

Last edited:

SirTopper

Brilliant mod, just signed up to the forum so I could pass on thanks to @Alan Finotty!

It's great to have the Sound Blaster apps back on my new MSI mobo. A point of contention amongst audiophiles, but I like the boost the crystaliser/equalisers can give to compressed audio.

The only thing I would say - Is that it can be a little confusing exactly what to install and which apps conflict.
As on the above post, I see that Sound Blaster will work - but DTS etc. will not (something I have also seen). Might be handy to have a matrix to show which apps mix and which don't etc.

As an aside, Cinema 5 vs BlasterX 360/720; Is there actually any marked difference between these? - I assume 720 is basically just the latest iteration of the software?

Thanks again!
Tom

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
I uninstalled everything with Revo before installing AAF 9155.1 (with Windows store updates turned off). Realtek Audio Console and Creative Cinema 5 work but DTS:X Ultra and Sound Unbound do not.

same here - DTS-X Ultra & DTS Sound Unbound can not recognize the Realtek ALC892 chipset on my Gigabyte board with HWID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1458A182" using AAF 6.0.9155.1 driver - and I'm just using either plain analog headphones or just plain analog stereo speakers (just don't ask me to test thru SPDIF digital audio ports because my board does not have neither an SPDIF coaxial nor SPDIF optical port at the back of the mobo); everything else like Nahimic/Creative/Dolby seems to work; just not DTS:X & Sound Unbound

As an aside, Cinema 5 vs BlasterX 360/720; Is there actually any marked difference between these? - I assume 720 is basically just the latest iteration of the software?

no Tom - there are just minor "licensing" differences between SBX720 & SBX360 with very little to no difference between those Creative audio features.
SBX720 use a specific KGA license file to run the SBConnect UWP app as "720" and SBX360 uses a difference license file to run SBConnect app as "360"

Last edited:
same here - DTS-X Ultra & DTS Sound Unbound can not recognize the Realtek ALC892 chipset on my Gigabyte board with HWID "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1458A182" using AAF 6.0.9155.1 driver - and I'm just using either plain analog headphones or just plain analog stereo speakers (just don't ask me to test thru SPDIF digital audio ports because my board does not have neither an SPDIF coaxial nor SPDIF optical port at the back of the mobo); everything else like Nahimic/Creative/Dolby seems to work; just not DTS:X & Sound Unbound
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_104386C7 asus b150m et series
stereo speakers me to :(