• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

System Name Coffee | Maximus
Processor Intel Core i7 9700K @ 5.2 GHz with AVX, 4.8 GHz cache clock | i7 9700KF @ 5.0 GHz/4.7 GHz cache
Motherboard ASUS Maximus X Formula | ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger (modded BIOS for Coffee Lake)+TPM2.0 module
Cooling Cooler Master ML240 Illusion | Cooler Master ML120L RGB
Memory 2*16 GB (32 GB) Kingston Fury Beast @3600 MHz CL17 | 4*8 GB (32 GB) HyperX Fury @3200 MHz CL14
Video Card(s) Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB Twin Edge | Galax RTX 2060 Super 8 GB
Storage Samsung PM981a 1TB NVMe+480GB SATA SSD+2 TB HDD | Crucial P5 1TB, Crucial P1 500GB+2.5TB HDDs
Display(s) LG OLED 55 G3, 4K 120 Hz, VRR, ALLM, GSync, FreeSync | Samsung 43AU9070 4K TV, VRR, ALLM
Case Corsair Crystal 460X RGB | Lianli Lancool 215
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z SE | Realtek ALC1150 (Supreme FX)
Power Supply ASUS ROG Strix 750G (80+ Gold) | Cooler Master MWE 650 V2 (80+ Bronze)
Mouse Cooler Master MM731 19000 DPI gaming mouse
Keyboard Cooler Master CK721 65% mechanical gaming keyboard (tactile)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 |Windows 11 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R20 MT 4200,ST 547 CPU-Z MT 4871, ST 620 | R20 MT - 4158, ST - 534, CPU-Z MT 4798, ST 603
@Alan Finotty - In the latest version, 6.0.9231.1, Room Correction is not working in Realtek Audio Console at least with analog connections with a 5.1 channel system on my ASUS B550-F Strix F Gaming. The older driver (9219.1) works perfectly.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer ii
Memory 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws CL15 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce® GTX 1070 Ti Gaming 8G
Storage 1Tb NVME Kingston KC2500 / 500GB Evo 860 / 3x 7200Rpm HDD
Display(s) Xiaomi Surface 34" Ultrawide
Case Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-2090 / Logitech X530 5.1 / Sennheiser HD555 / Corsair Void USB
Power Supply 750W Corsair
Mouse Corsair Sabre RGB Laser
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
Software Windows 11 Pro
It might be your antivirus blocking the installations.

I am using Windows 11 build 22000 and AAF DCH Optimus Sound 6.0.9219.1 , DTS only are working for me
i have win 11 and all is working, dolby and dts. If you upgrade from win 10, you have to reinstall everything. making sure removing left over drivers with the driver explorer, i uninstalled AAF drivers after the upgrade to 11 and it had leftovers still in the driver store. Im using 9231.1. My AV is also running.

Me again guys, I have no luck imstalling this on windows 11, can anyone telme if they had any luck and if yes what were the step you took to fix everything. Because literally everything does not work for me.no matter how many times i reinstall. As a matter of fact in driverstore app no drivers is shown in regards to alan finotty or realtek for that matter so they're not being installed.
Im on windows 11 Pro 22000.

Do a clean install, Disable windows update settings that allows the drivers installation**, use the Group policy editor (run --> gpedit.msc). Uninstall realtek, use driver store to remove realtek audio or AAF drivers. Download new version 9231.1, Make sure Windows DEVELOPER mode is ON, Install use Patched APO version + whatever else u want. reboot, wait until the UWP realtek audio console is installed.
Configure as is or u can install EQ APO.

**Group Policy editor (gpedit.msc) -> Computer config -> Windows components -> Windows update -> Manage updates offered from Windows Update -> Do not include drivers with Windows Update -> Enable.

for Optical with just the AAF drivers i needed to disable (untick) Enable audio enhancement for the rears to work.

The only version of the driver that works correctly in 5.1 for me is the Patched APO. Will it work if I update to Windows 11 or am I screwed? I have ALC892 (Gigabyte Z390 M GAMING).
Win 11 works, just have to do a clean reinstall

Last edited:
i have win 11 and all is working, dolby and dts. If you upgrade from win 10, you have to reinstall everything. making sure removing left over drivers with the driver explorer, i uninstalled AAF drivers after the upgrade to 11 and it had leftovers still in the driver store. Im using 9231.1. My AV is also running.

Do a clean install, Disable windows update settings that allows the drivers installation**, use the Group policy editor (run --> gpedit.msc). Uninstall realtek, use driver store to remove realtek audio or AAF drivers. Download new version 9231.1, Make sure Windows DEVELOPER mode is ON, Install use Patched APO version + whatever else u want. reboot, wait until the UWP realtek audio console is installed.

**Group Policy editor (gpedit.msc) -> Computer config -> Windows components -> Windows update -> Manage updates offered from Windows Update -> Do not include drivers with Windows Update -> Enable.

for Optical with just the AAF drivers i needed to disable (untick) Enable audio enhancement for the rears to work.

It's working fine for me, thanks!

Instead of editing group policy for all drivers, I just hid the Realtek updates using microsoft's own tool.

daKazze

Sorry for asking but I cant seem to get my stuff working even after hours of reading an trying....

I am using a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro with Realtek® ALC1220-VB running Windows 11.

All I want to do is to get 5.1 surround sound via an optical cable to my home theater amp.
Trying different drivers and settings i sometimes was able to get the option to choose "Dobly DTS" or "Dolby Digital live" but then its always the case that the realtek software doesnt work and I have no way to adjust the rear and center speakers.
Also the subwoofer never seems to work.

I tryed several different clean installs of the package with different options but I am not sure what to choose to get my stuff working.
Disabled driver signature enforcement, Windows update driver-updates, enabled Dev. Options to uninstall untrusted stuff and always uninstalled old software and drivers before installing again.

Could anyone help me out and tell me what to install/tick to get 5.1 Sound (subwoofer included) via optical cable to work?

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
Sorry for asking but I cant seem to get my stuff working even after hours of reading an trying....

I am using a Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro with Realtek® ALC1220-VB running Windows 11.

All I want to do is to get 5.1 surround sound via an optical cable to my home theater amp.
Trying different drivers and settings i sometimes was able to get the option to choose "Dobly DTS" or "Dolby Digital live" but then its always the case that the realtek software doesnt work and I have no way to adjust the rear and center speakers.

I tryed several different clean installs of the package with different options but I am not sure what to choose to get my stuff working.
Disabled driver signature enforcement, Windows update driver-updates, enabled Dev. Options to uninstall untrusted stuff and always uninstalled old software and drivers before installing again.

Could anyone help me out and tell me what to install/tick to get 5.1 Sound (subwoofer included) via optical cable to work?
Take an AAF-DCH-Driver, tick on, what u need & enjoy 5.1!

daKazze

Take an AAF-DCH-Driver, tick on, what u need & enjoy 5.1!
Thanks but I am afraid you didnt read my whole post.
For example: I just redid the entire process of uninstalling everything and reinstalling the AAF-DCH-Driver, but I can only choose several 2 Channel modes and no Dolby or other 5.1 mode.

System Name Metal-Tom-PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling Boxed
Memory Mushkin DDR4 16 GB
Video Card(s) ASUS RX560 4GB
Storage 1x M2-SSD @256GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @120GB/1x Intenso SATA-SSD @240GB/2x WD10EZRX @1TB/1,5 TB HDD
Display(s) 1x Samsung LE40F86BDX (TV)/1x Samsung SyncMaster T240
Case Thermaltake Kandalf LCS
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220A
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 80+ 750W
Mouse Logitech M210
Keyboard Logitech K260
Software Win 10 Pro x64 v20H2
Thanks but I am afraid you didnt read my whole post.
For example: I just redid the entire process of uninstalling everything and reinstalling the AAF-DCH-Driver, but I can only choose several 2 Channel modes and no Dolby or other 5.1 mode.
So I must recommend, that @Alan Finotty & @Ferather could look over this. Because I thought, that you'd tried it with an other Driver-Package. You didn't wrote in your Post before, that you were tryin' out an AAF-Package

andrey167

realtek alc662,latest 5-6 builds dont work for me.
dolby audio and some apps dont work
its say drivers dont installed

Phailing

My setup was pretty picky as well and only worked with the following. Then after that, set your default format to either (DDL or DTS 5.1 surround) and it should work. If you do not get audio in your rear speakers, like it did, disable "Enable audio enhancements".

Hope this helps.
1634108382883.png
1634108538256.png

daKazze

@Phailing
Thank you very much for your help.
I went the usual way of uninstalling everything, going to device manage, show hidden devices and uninstalling everything thats related. Wiped the rest of the drivers via driver cleaner and made a clean install while having driver signature enforcement off.
Then I installed it the exact way you showed on your screenshot but all I get is this:

audio.jpg

I have an optical connection to a home theater AVR with Dolby DTS and Pro Logic compatibility and only once managed to get an output option for DTS 5.1 using a different driver on this exact setup but I cant get there anymore.
Do you have any other ideas or maybe another driver version than the latest?

System Name My Gamer PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5 TUF
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix SportLT 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) ZOTAC Geforce RTX 2080 AMP!
Storage SSD Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) Samsung UHD 4K 28" 60Hz DisplayPort 1.2
Case AeroCool Aero-1000 White
Audio Device(s) JVC RX-6008V Audio Receiver Dolby/DTS with S-PDIF
Power Supply Corsair TX850 v2 850W single rail
Mouse Logitech G203 Lightsync Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Thermaltake TteSports Knucker
Software Windows 10 Pro
daKazze, try disabling your AMD audio devices, and make sure "Realtek Digital S-PDIF Optical" device is set as the default Windows audio output. I had to disable my "nVidia HD audio" device (RTX 2080) to use the mobo's Realtek audio thru S-PDIF optical and select Dolby Digital Live. I also have a 5.1 audio receiver.

daKazze

@CiroConsentino thank you but after disabling the other audio devices and doing full reinstall #5664123 I still dont get an option to select anything else but 2CH xxx :(
I am starting to think that I wont get this to work ever....

System Name My Gamer PC
Software Windows 10 Pro
I forgot about something. I had to add these entries to Windows registry so DDL and DTS connect appear in the audio format options. Make sure to restart Windows afterwards.
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio]
"DisableProtectedAudioDG"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Audio]
"DisableProtectedAudioDG"=dword:00000001
I'm still using Alan's old drivers though: "Realtek HDA Generic driver 6.0.1.8447 WHQL". I'm on Windows 10 SP1 build 2004.

daKazze

Thanks. I tryed this and restarted but still dont have the option BUT I also installed a different driver in the meantime. Since it´s already pretty late here in my part of the world I will try with the driver you suggested tomorrow morning.
I really appreciate your help guys!

Thanks will try, been without any audio drivers since I did a clean windows 11 install.

This worked exceptionally well for me. Thanks again. All except one worked, which is the sonic studio companion.

These are what I selected when Installing

And these are what worked for me

and this is what didn't work

Last edited:

daKazze

Okay guys thank you all for trying to help @CiroConsentino @Phailing but I am afraid there is something off with my setup. I now added the reg entries and installed several different driver versions but I still dont get the option to set my output to 5.1.
I invested more than a typical work day into this stuff and at this point it is becoming cheaper to just buy something else. Either I get a dedicated sound card or a PC surround setup.

System Name My Gamer PC
Software Windows 10 Pro
I see you only checked "48Hz" in your sample rate list. Make sure to select "44.1 Hz" sample rate as well.
Also, my audio devices are the AAF ones only, no Realtek audio devices (see attached pic). I even enabled the nVidia HD audio device.
I'm using the non DCH driver. Haven't tried the DCH driver here.
Maybe you need to uninstall the Realtek Audio device and install Alan Finnote "AAF Optimus Sound" driver ? If I have the "Realtek Audio" device installed, both DDL and DTS Connect do NOT work, and are not even listed in the audio format to select.

Hey, do you have FastBoot enabled? Because that will prevent you from doing a cold boot in Win10.
I'm away from my desktop right now. I will upload my drivers somewhere with instructions, the same way I installed them on my computer.

Attachments

• win10-audio-devices-alan-finnote.png
    win10-audio-devices-alan-finnote.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 184

daKazze

@CiroConsentino Dude you are my hero !!! I tried the non DCH driver and now it is finally working!!!
Would you PM me your PayPal address so I can buy you a coffee or beer?

Edit: Now my subwoofer is the only thing that is not working but I can live with that!

Last edited:
System Name My Gamer PC
Software Windows 10 Pro
Glad I could help.I never liked DCH drivers, they never work right. I don't know how I'm gonna update my RTX 2080 vidcard drivers now that our beloved nVidia is not making standard drivers anymore (only DCH. :(
For the subwoofer, try testing the Dolby Digital output. No need to set the audio to Dolby Digital Live, it can be the "2 channel DVD format". It will send 5.1 tones testing thru optical cable to your audio receiver, but Windows can't track it. See if the subwoofer plays the tone. It's the first tone that plays (at least that's what happens in my system). If you don't hear it, stop the test and start it again (it depends on your audio receiver). In "Enhancements" tab, make sure "Immediate Mode" is CHECKED and "Disable All Sound Effects" is UNCHECKED.
Check your audio receiver and make sure your sub volume is not zero and make sure the subwoofer channel is enabled. My JVC RX-6008V receiver have a surround on/off button and a "DSP mode" button. If I set "DSP mode" to anything than OFF, subwoofer stays silent.

Disable "Dolby Home Theater", "Dolby Atmos", etc. Those might affect the subwoofer sound.
Make sure to replace the XAudio2_?.dll files with the modified ones in both "windows\system32\" and "windows\syswow64\" or both surround and subwoffer will not work (backup your current dll files first, I think).
If you don't have the modified DLLs, I attached them in this post.

oh, I forgot the screenshot.

Attachments

• DTS_DDL_surround_fix.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 330
  • win10-dolby-digital-spdif-test.png
    win10-dolby-digital-spdif-test.png
    17.1 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

daKazze

@CiroConsentino I got a lot of work right now so I can only test this at the weekend. Please dont forget to send me your paypal address in the meantime, I really want to at least get you a coffee for your time and effort helping me out!

System Name My Gamer PC
Software Windows 10 Pro
No worries, I'm glad you got it working. No need to give me anything, a simple thanks in enough, and you already did that :)
This is what a community is about, to help others in need when we can.
I know how frustrating something like this can be. I went thru a similar issue when started using a DD/DTS audio receiver with S-PDIF years ago.
Oh, and I don't have a PayPal account.

My experience of DCH drivers has all been positive so far, in fact I dislike HDA due to redundancy (legacy) on Realtek, and my AMD GPU (which I use for HDMI) also uses a DCH driver.
I also provide a DCH driver, more recently finished (DTS project), I don't get any complaints other than ALC 2xx, but that turns out to be due to OEM config.

I admit, in some cases the DCH driver in generic form might not work for you (like the ALC 2xx OEM version).

Edit: An OEM driver (example ALC 2xx), will be the same files as the generic, but with the additional changes in the .inf file-other.
Edit 2: The device policy (Realtek policy), and APO's control the audio quality more than the driver does.

Last edited:
System Name My Gamer PC
Software Windows 10 Pro
Thanks for the insight. I tried to install Alan's DCH drivers in my new computer, ASUS TUF B550Plus mobo with ALC S1200A audio, and could not make it work no matter what, on a clean Win10 Pro install.
Installed Alan's standard drivers and it worked straight away.
On my old system with a ALC 889 audio, DCH drivers never worked either. Only standard drivers works