• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

bernid

Hi,
Thank you for AAFOptimusAudioPack.
I would like to use as an additional SPDIF output (apart from current speakers and headphones) .
From time to time I connect external 5.1 decoder (AVR) and would like to send compressed multichanel digital signal (DD and DTS).
In my laptop I have Realtek ALC256. Using 'AAF ALC Audio Policy Tweak Tool' is it possible to configure SPDIF output? In my laptop I have only 3,5mm jack socket.

Attachments

• S01.png
    S01.png
    118.9 KB · Views: 312
System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Hi,
Thank you for AAFOptimusAudioPack.
I would like to use as an additional SPDIF output (apart from current speakers and headphones) .
From time to time I connect external 5.1 decoder (AVR) and would like to send compressed multichanel digital signal (DD and DTS).
In my laptop I have Realtek ALC256. Using 'AAF ALC Audio Policy Tweak Tool' is it possible to configure SPDIF output? In my laptop I have only 3,5mm jack socket.
You can't. SPDIF out is hardware; you do not have the hardware for SPDIF.
Your best solutions are:
  1. USB sound interface, preferable with Dolby Digital Live already provided. These include Creative's Sound Blaster X3 and X4.
  2. HDMI to SPDIF out. This solution can be cheaper and if you want to just bitstream this solution is better for money spent. You will need APO Driver to apply DDL. Also as @Ferather explained, you possibly can even send uncompressed signals and if your receiver has possibly support for uncompressed signal, it can provide the highest quality.

bernid

Thank you.
1. I have a popular C-Media CM6631A based USB audio card (from ebay).

And SPDIF out works perfectly in Linux. I see two outputs:
  • USB2.0 High-Speed True HD Audio Digital Stereo (IEC958)
  • Digital Output (S/PDIF)
But unfortunalely It doesn't work on my laptop with Windows11. When I connect it I can see only:
  • USB2.0 High-Speed True HD Audio (Speakers)
And instead of multchanel I have only two channels passed.
This is probably a case of Microsoft drivers. I couldn't find a C-Media drivers for SPDIF support in Windows.

2. HDMI to SPDIF out is interesting but I suspect that it do not allow for example transcoding 5.1 AAC sound to 5.1 AC3. Unless I'm wrong?

PooPooPod

I just installed this for ATMOS (For gaming) to use with headphones. Is it correct that once installed, it is always on? Turning it on or off in the ATMOS menu doesn't seem to make a difference. The built in equaliser doesn't seem to work either. There is no option for ATMOS in the spatial sound menu (only Windows Sonic). Cheers.

daKazze

@CiroConsentino
OK I now managed to get everything working thanks to you, even the subwoofer works.
After figuring out all driver stuff (#1 is that DCH drivers dont work for me) I now did the ACMCC speaker auto setup on my AVR and now everything is perfect.

I know that thats the spirit of the board and I also like to support people with the knowledge I have and dont expect anything in return but at the moment my finances look OK and you saved me time and money so if you dont have paypal I could get you a key for a game or software you like/need.
In the current climate it is less and less common for people to invest time and effort into helping others and I just want to say thanks this way!

Fx7

Hi guys
Does anyone know where the register of this field in the picture is ?

223.png

In some 5.1 movies, I reduce the volume of the front speakers digitally to increase the surrond effect. but i turn up the volume of logitech z906 more. so the sound of the rear speakers becomes more pronounced. but I'm tired of setting this up every time. because I use default settings for some movies and games. If I find where this setting is saved in register, it will be adjustable with one click

zeroruka

Hey everyone i got a new audio enhancer. Razer Surround pro. It uses your current audio endpoint and turns it into real time 7.1, no matter what.
The only config you can choose is 7.1 There are no extra cables or anything needed. You can also use it on stereo headsets.
It is real 7.1 because i checked with obs. Major audio difference, the sound was behind me and everywhere.
Came out a long time ago, and you cannot get it anymore. You are also able to use fx configurator and add sound effects on it.
Since its seperate. OVERKILL? The bass enhancer also actually works. Stereo enhancer, increases the soundstage. No virtualization at all.

View attachment 206547View attachment 206548View attachment 206549View attachment 206552
Here is link I made: "https://we.tl/t-GCQSYp9pZG"
Do everything fast and correctly otherwise you would have to uninstall and try again.
Give thumbs up if it worked for you.
@ me if you need help
@Nelkotic hello, could you please upload again? the link has expired, thank you

Last edited:
Yo! What's up Alan? Man I missed this place. So many months of perfect audio but windows gunna windows I guess. It sounds like my optical out SPFIF to digital receiver is only playing at 10% volume but not affecting headset. And still, constantly windows installs the hdmi audio drivers over AAF any chance it gets. This monitor does not even have a speaker. Who does hdmi pass through on a monitor? No one. But Dolby Atmos was too stable. It helps a littlew not as good as I remember the SB720 so I may try that again. Peace.

UPDATE: I reinstalled the amd drivers and then audio, sounds great but SB720 doesn't work. I tried launching the kga while it was running but U think maybe its supposed to come after install?

Last edited:
@CiroConsentino, yes I see people posting issues here frequently and reverting to older packages, however this is more to do with modifications in the package (AAF its self).
Under normal legitimate circumstances DCH will never be an issue, you might lose features and APO's that they no longer support from HDA though.

I apologize if I sounded rude, but what you probably really mean is AAF DCH drivers don't work for you, rather than DCH overall.

Can someone help me to get back my surround sound ingame please. No surround sound after AAF installation. While no audio drivers were installed on my new windows 11 setup, I was able to get perfect spatial surround sound ingame using hyperx cloud 2 headphones.

Last edited:
@bernid, you can transcode on HDMI in the same way (and with the same APO's) as SPDIF, they are cross compatible.

1634663136423.png
1634664108070.png

"But unfortunalely It doesn't work on my laptop with Windows11. When I connect it I can see only"
You might need an additional driver, or Windows its self it being an issue, I cant say sorry.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
Alan hello ! Make this -

Intel SST / Sound Wire and Realtek I2c HW Audio Codecs Drivers support on your mods. This need to all... Thanks. Sorry me for flood....​

NO! :mad:
stop this nonsense

or I will report some of your posts as spam, apology not accepted

===

Yo! What's up Alan? Man I missed this place. So many months of perfect audio but windows gunna windows I guess. It sounds like my optical out SPFIF to digital receiver is only playing at 10% volume but not affecting headset. And still, constantly windows installs the hdmi audio drivers over AAF any chance it gets. This monitor does not even have a speaker. Who does hdmi pass through on a monitor? No one. But Dolby Atmos was too stable. It helps a littlew not as good as I remember the SB720 so I may try that again. Peace.

UPDATE: I reinstalled the amd drivers and then audio, sounds great but SB720 doesn't work. I tried launching the kga while it was running but U think maybe its supposed to come after install?

which version of Windows are you using, lightzout? Win10 or Win11

meanwhile, I'll wait patiently for Alan F to do a 6.0.9250.1 version since there was a 9250 UAD Asus version posted a few days ago.

Last edited:
System Name Alienware Aurora R5
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
Motherboard Alienware Skylane 01NYPT A00 - Z170
Cooling Alienthermals 3 + 1 fans
Memory 16,0 GB GDDR4
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2gb
Storage 1gb SSD Western Digital PCIe nvme m.2 - Triple-Layer Cell
Display(s) Generic 27" Curved 1080p 144 Hz VA Panel 1800r
Audio Device(s) Realtek chipset integrated ALC3861
Mouse LG g602 11 buttons
why no repository/guide/walkthrough/database/at least loose links and directions like NORTH or SOUTH or JACK problem or PORT Problem. I've been downloading these since 2018 and out of 7 or 9 times it worked well once, but then i tried to minimise the audio delay bc too many processes, and broke it. Here is this MONUMENTAL effort, an Uber Kraken-Squid-Whale monster of our dreams and nightmares in sound and glory with demented applications to notebooks to Sim/adapt/perform either with cheap headphones better, or with increddible 5000k dollars sound system Sennheiser out of their petty realtek integrated league. And i think for me the issue is 98% if not all in the "AAF ALC Audio Policy Tweak Tool" which i never understood, there are no guides, no walkthroughs, not even readmes, are this still developed? are this from 2008? changelogs nothing,
Look im not asking for transparency and fucking Open source ethical stuff, not even pedagogical resources, but broad pointers, like indexes or literally directions, for DIY solving and making it work as it were COMPLEMENT SYSTEM Immune system protein play, adding, substracting, calling recalling learning, networking delimiting and ultimately destroying these nasty barriers that right now makes this whole Project look like a Dubai, Opulence in the middle of the desert, or a thirst trap Onlyfans trailer... :(
i have al ALC3861 but its really in the HArdware ID an ALC899. So far Bongiovi is the best I could get, its nice but clumsy when u want to turn off and on, so i only use it for specific occasions instead of have it in the background. So GREAT JOB, I hope u are gettin nice contributions, and i hope someday we may breach these gap of the users and the wannabes

Fx7

Hi guys
Does anyone know where the register of this field in the picture is ?

View attachment 221131

In some 5.1 movies, I reduce the volume of the front speakers digitally to increase the surrond effect. but i turn up the volume of logitech z906 more. so the sound of the rear speakers becomes more pronounced. but I'm tired of setting this up every time. because I use default settings for some movies and games. If I find where this setting is saved in register, it will be adjustable with one click

I found a solution and wanted to share it with you, maybe someone will benefit. With this software, it is possible to create this process in the picture as a shortcut.

SoundVolumeView.exe /SetVolumeChannels "Digital 5.1" 60 60 75 * * *

AlanDgamerPROXD

Hello! Good day.
Lately i've been trying to set up my Home Cinema to work with my PC. It has an Aourus B450 Elite V2 (with an ALC892 audio processor) and a Ryzen 5 3400G.
I've been trying a lot of things, and the one i tried the last is @Alan Finotty 's modded driver.
The thing is, i don't know if i have to change some setting in AAF ALC Audio Policy Tweak Tool, because i've seen this screen from other people and they had a lot of things activated in this screen.
1634839345542.png

And i have two questions.
1 Actually, the format of DDL and DTS Interactive appears only in the S/PDIF output of my PC, is there anyway to send DDL or DTS through the HDMI cable? My home cinema doesn't have HDMI input, and the cheapest and easiest way to connect external things to the home cinema, is to connect the S/PDIF out of my TV to the home cinema. With my Xbox One S and my Xbox 360 the TV let me activate DTS and Dolby in both devices, and the 5.1 surround sound works as if it's connected direct to the home cinema (i think that it's called Passthrough or something like that), and with my PC, only with videos and movies send 5.1 audio, but i want it to work with games, thats the reason i wan't DDL or DTS to work in the HDMI output, if i can do the same thing with my PC as the consoles, it will be perfect.
2 But if it isn't possible, before asking in this post i've been testing using the S/PDIF output of my PC with DDL or DTS activated, neither of the both rear speakers reproduce any sound. It's the same as if i'm using HDMI, only works in 5.1 with movies and videos. So, i understood that if i'd activate DDL or DTS i could hear 5.1 in games, but in any game the rear speakers make any sound. Do i have to activate something in the games or in the AAF ALC Audio Policy Tweak Tool?
I wanna hear my PC games in 5.1 like the xbox one or xbox 360

System Name Black Diamond
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor 3.80 GHz
Motherboard msi a320 a pro max
Cooling Default
Memory 32 GB ddr4 3200mhz
Video Card(s) Rtx 2070, 86 F no extra fans or stuff.
Storage nvme samsung (the fastest one) 1tb
Display(s) Some sceptre monitor and a tv
Case rosewill
Power Supply rosewill
Mouse Verbatim
Keyboard Magic wings
Software Lots
Benchmark Scores IDk

naimadekar

Hi, last version 6.0.9231.1 give me DxDiag Error: Problem Getting Extra Sound Info win10 20H2 GIGABYTE B450M DS3H Realtek® ALC887 some know how to fix that? I come back to 6.0.8960.1 and all work fine

Last edited:
Hello Alan Finotty... I just realized that the sound quality of the recorder from my microphone has a serious problem. :( I found this out when I was making a work presentation video that required my voice. I know this when using AAF DCH Optimus Sound v6.0.9219.1 and v6.0.9231.1. I hope you can fix it. Thank you for your response.

it's so serious that you dont feel a need to explain exactly what is wrong with the mic recording?

Is Alan a psychic. or coming to your place to diagnose this in person?

Hello Alan Finotty... I just realized that the sound quality of the recorder from my microphone has a serious problem. :( I found this out when I was making a work presentation video that required my voice. I know this when using AAF DCH Optimus Sound v6.0.9219.1 and v6.0.9231.1. I hope you can fix it. Thank you for your response.
I had problems with the mic, but some time ago i explained the solution for some reason SB720 has microphone compatibility issues when you record

Solution 1 : Install SB360 and the mic work without problems

Solution 2: Disable microphone enhancements using SB720

Attachments

• ffff.jpg
    ffff.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 106
I had problems with the mic, but some time ago i explained the solution for some reason SB720 has microphone compatibility issues when you record

Solution 1 : Install SB360 and the mic work without problems

Solution 2: Disable microphone enhancements using SB720
Will try your solution. Then report the results as well. Thanks very much for the enlightenment.