• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek help needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean89

Oh man this is mind blowing, I may even just send this back and stick with my clapped out hp pavilion, this is doing my nut in and I’m £1299.00 out of pocket, I thought it was just going to be plug and plug as my old out dated hp.... but thanks guys really appreciate all the help, I’ll go over it again when I get home.

Your OEM laptop had preinstalled Realtek UAD driver.
Check here:
https://github.com/alanfox2000/realtek-universal-audio-driver

Sorry dude but what is this?

Last edited:

Dean89

like I say , it is realtek hardware , but its modified by the board manufacture and why it has there logo and not realtek's logo .

my giga board and getting the mic / headset for gaming to work was a challenge as well for some reason but a bit of trial and error in the settings finally got it working the 3ed time . the first 2 times we got it working as soon as you left the game or shut down or unplugged the mic it reverted back to not working and had to set it up over and over to make it work , the we did something [what it was I cant remember ] got it working full time when as needed with out going back over settings

man it was crazy and stupid

another thing I cant recall is if you got the motherboard branded realtek . if you use the ''realtek'' drivers outside the ones the motherboards support page offers you may loos features added in by the motherboard maker [[ I guess that's why you eather get a board with a real realtek or the realtek under the asus , msi, giga, asrock , ect ... brand name like I showed at the bottom of the manager .

google that asus model around with cant get mic / head set to work and see if any forums posted the same like issue and maybe show a resolve ?

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id...mbined-audio-mic-slot-asus-gaming-laptop.html

I'm sure you did this ?

External earphone (microphone ) losts its function

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1015070/

this guy seems to of had to buy a adaptor ??

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthre...dio-Jack-in-GL502-Problem-Headset-not-Working

Cheers bud, the “External earphone lost its function” bit is not helpful at all lol, all it states is make sure you have your heads plugged into the correct hole lol....

Just follow my instructions in post #14.

This is a minor problem that is easily fixed...if you do it right.

Will do when home and I’ll let you know.

Check here:

looking at what you said at asus support that one model don't claim realtek and don't match the rev #'s of the other 2 also a higher rev # with a older date ? [???]

what I'm saying is there using realtek chipsets but that one maybe a asus modified for extra options

https://www.asus.com/us/Laptops/ASUS-TUF-Gaming-FX504/HelpDesk_Download/

I do know when I buy a board I look at thgis now before I buy to see if the manager shows realtek or the motherboards brand name and avoid the one s that don't have realtek . [also seemed like my old asus 990fx sabertooth was a asus realtek and I had to fight the set up with it as like I did wioth the gigabyte I had .

this board has the realtek brand name on it and it was just plug it in a settings bubble popped up from the audio manager icon click in the activate thing and it worked with out having to fish around to get it to as with the asus and giga .

sorry I'm not better help but I seen this issue post and first thing that popped in to my mind was that darn gigabyte board i had ,and how it did this crap .

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
Hey Guys,

I just brought Myself Asus Tuf gaming laptop and it won’t pick up the mic on my headset Razer Kraken Pro the one with 3.5 jack, in the device manager I have Realtek(R) Audio and Intel(R) Display Audio and also Nvidia Virtal Audio, for some reason when in sound manager the intergrated mic overcomes the headset mic, even if I try to set up the mic as “Headset” it’ll still be the intergrated mic, it’s really annoying.... I plug the headset into my old hp pavilion also win 10 and I get the pop up from Realtek saying it’s been dectected and the head works great... my new laptop the TUF I get nothing when plugging in the headset... I must say the hp also shows in the device manager “Realtek HD Device Manager” and the Asus shows “Realtek(R) Audio” are these the same thing or what? Rally annoying having spent £1299.00 on a laptop that can’t do what my £350 laptop can do.... please help me!!!

what is the exact model of the ASUS TUF Gaming laptop, Dean89? there are at least 3 kinds of Tuf gaming FX504 laptops listed on ASUS site > FX504GD, FX504GE & FX504GM. Use Speccy & look at the motherboard section of that tool to determine model of the ASUS laptop.

here is an ASUS version of Realtek HD Audio manager used on an ASUS motherboard - don't know if ASUS laptops use it (this is only used with traditional Realtek HDA drivers and not the newer Realtek UAD drivers)

asus-realtek-audio-cpl(m5a78l-m-le-usb3)[2].png

Dean89

looking at what you said at asus support that one model don't claim realtek and don't match the rev #'s of the other 2 also a higher rev # with a older date ? [???]

what I'm saying is there using realtek chipsets but that one maybe a asus modified for extra options

I do know when I buy a board I look at thgis now before I buy to see if the manager shows realtek or the motherboards brand name and avoid the one s that don't have realtek . [also seemed like my old asus 990fx sabertooth was a asus realtek and I had to fight the set up with it as like I did wioth the gigabyte I had .

this board has the realtek brand name on it and it was just plug it in a settings bubble popped up from the audio manager icon click in the activate thing and it worked with out having to fish around to get it to as with the asus and giga .

sorry I'm not better help but I seen this issue post and first thing that popped in to my mind was that darn gigabyte board i had ,and how it did this crap .

That’s what it is then, my old hp pavilion has the “Realtek HD Audio” in the device manager and when I plug the headset into that I get the pop up etc, where as this fantastic “gaming laptop” has “Realtek(R) Audio” and has nothing pop up etc when the headset is plugged in.... great!

what is the exact model of the ASUS TUF Gaming laptop, Dean89? there are at least 3 kinds of Tuf gaming FX504 laptops listed on ASUS site > FX504GD, FX504GE & FX504GM. Use Speccy & look at the motherboard section of that tool to determine model of the ASUS laptop.

here is an ASUS version of Realtek HD Audio manager used on an ASUS motherboard - don't know if ASUS laptops use it (this is only used with traditional Realtek HDA drivers and not the newer Realtek UAD drivers)

View attachment 105765

It’s an Asus FX504GM-EN151T

Yer I have no Audio Manager on this, just the general right click the speaker In the bottom right corner to bring up the playback/recording device bit.

Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Check here:

no alanfox2000. only FX504GM use Realtek UAD drivers. FX504GD & FX504GE use traditional Realtek HDA (nonUAD) drivers as I checked myself from ASUS

It’s an Asus FX504GM-EN151T

Yer I have no Audio Manager on this, just the general right click the speaker In the bottom right corner to bring up the playback/recording device bit.

ok. you need to download the Realtek Audio Console UWP app from MS store, which functions similar to the Realtek HD Audio Manager (I'll mention the link to it in a later post)

He's already got the drivers installed. He just needs to manually enable the correct driver in the Device Manager.

Once this is done and he restarts his laptop, the Realtek HD Audio Manager should also be present.

Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
hold up guys - (wow posts are coming in quickly)
He's already got the drivers installed. He just needs to manually enable the correct driver in the Device Manager.

Once this is done and he restarts his laptop, the Realtek HD Audio Manager should also be present.

he needs to get the Realtek audio console app from MS store which is a separate download; this will function like the Realtek HD Audio manager

Dean89

Man I hope your right, I’m eager to try this when I get home!

Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
he will get this instead (this is what I had on an old HP computer using Realtek UAD drivers - I had v8459 using Win10 x64 v1709)
Realtek Audio Console UWP app is used instead of the classic Realtek HD Audio Manager app

realtek-uad-8459-anduwpapp-on-hp-m8417c.png

Device Manager show:
realtek high definition audio - Legacy HDA Dirver
Realtek Audio - UAD Driver

Dean89

Device Manager show:
realtek high definition audio - Legacy HDA Dirver
Realtek Audio - UAD Driver

My device manager shows the below pictures

he will get this instead (this is what I had on an old HP computer using Realtek UAD drivers - I had v8459 using Win10 x64 v1709)
Realtek Audio Console UWP app is used instead of the classic Realtek HD Audio Manager app

View attachment 105766

So will this then pick up my headset mic instead of my intergrated mic? God all I want do is use my headset on my new “Gaming Laptop” -.-

Attachments

• F926ECDC-637E-4E91-B99F-2C13976ED10F.png
    F926ECDC-637E-4E91-B99F-2C13976ED10F.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 523
  • 4AE3EEEC-07CA-43B2-B523-E418D89D7382.png
    4AE3EEEC-07CA-43B2-B523-E418D89D7382.png
    84 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
that manual sure is a jim dandy not one bit of the audio covered. asus never ceases to amaze me and why my ''last'' 3 asus's were my last.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...5.1244140184.1534870855-1654681230.1534870855

#5 -- headphone/hedset / mic jack

this port allows you to connect amplified speakers or headphones .
you can also use this port to connect your headset or an external mic .

now you hate to think you could use eather a head phone as is or a mic as is, but not combined ? ..lol...
and that's it not a drop more on the audio used and how to or anything ,wow.

funny what few reviews of the 504's don't even review any of the audio outside that its got built in speakers and they speak .

I was looking to see if you could disable the on board mic and see if it will force detect the one you plug in ?

like here its put the same way

On the left side, you get two USB 3.0 Type-A ports in addition to a single USB 2.0 Type-A port, an HDMI output, an Ethernet jack,---- '' and an audio port that you can use for either microphone input or headphone/speaker output...''

https://www.pcmag.com/review/362206/asus-tuf-gaming-fx504g

now I did see one guy use headphones but his used the hdmi port maybe its set to do audio [head /mic/ ] through the hdmi or maybe have to disable it to get it through the 3.5mm port ?

Dean89

that manual sure is a jim dandy not one bit of the audio covered. asus never ceases to amaze me and why my ''last'' 3 asus's were my last.

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...5.1244140184.1534870855-1654681230.1534870855

#5 -- headphone/hedset / mic jack

this port allows you to connect amplified speakers or headphones .
you can also use this port to connect your headset or an external mic .

now you hate to think you could use eather a head phone as is or a mic as is, but not combined ? ..lol...
and that's it not a drop more on the audio used and how to or anything ,wow.

funny what few reviews of the 504's don't even review any of the audio outside that its got built in speakers and they speak .

I was looking to see if you could disable the on board mic and see if it will force detect the one you plug in ?

like here its put the same way

On the left side, you get two USB 3.0 Type-A ports in addition to a single USB 2.0 Type-A port, an HDMI output, an Ethernet jack,---- '' and an audio port that you can use for either microphone input or headphone/speaker output...''

https://www.pcmag.com/review/362206/asus-tuf-gaming-fx504g

now I did see one guy use headphones but his used the hdmi port maybe its set to do audio [head /mic/ ] through the hdmi or maybe have to disable it to get it through the 3.5mm port ?

So your saying it can’t be used as a “Headset with mic option” now?

????? -- that's how it reads don't you think ? it don't state as a combo ? thing is even asus don't cover it in any way other then its got a jack for something to be used . if it was like that it would be pretty cheap of them a headphone /mic combo is pretty common place and poplar with just about any online gamer . like me I think that's a no brainer goof proof plug and play item

then like I said that giga board I had was a trick to make it work fully correctly. and why I now avoid motherboard branded realtek audio . maybe getting to the point you cant anymore its all about there added gimmickware to fight through when all a guy needs is the base realtek branded realtyek device like you claim your hp got and works as expected plug and play plug it in see the pop up , click to get going and be going - [ opinion]

I cant find any help looking over a lot of forums stuff on like issue , sorry man . wish I was better help

Dean89

????? -- that's how it reads don't you think ? it don't state as a combo ? thing is even asus don't cover it in any way other then its got a jack for something to be used . if it was like that it would be pretty cheap of them a headphone /mic combo is pretty common place and poplar with just about any online gamer . like me I think that's a no brainer goof proof plug and play item

then like I said that giga board I had was a trick to make it work fully correctly. and why I now avoid motherboard branded realtek audio . maybe getting to the point you cant anymore its all about there added gimmickware to fight through when all a guy needs is the base realtek branded realtyek device like you claim your hp got and works as expected plug and play plug it in see the pop up , click to get going and be going - [ opinion]

I cant find any help looking over a lot of forums stuff on like issue , sorry man . wish I was better help

Surly they wouldn’t go through all that advertisement etc of a new wave of gaming laptop “TUF” etc and not have this a combo headset pirt lol.... it’s kinda a gamer breaker communication and a headset lol

''Surly they wouldn’t go through all that advertisement etc of a new wave of gaming laptop “TUF” etc''

it works I feel for there sabertooth ''tuf'' [tuf luck for me ] all I seemed to of got was asus saberteeth sunk in to my billfold , like I said around here asus never again . even my buddy was a full blown asus fanboy and he went with another brands with his last build [first time ever for him ]

dude its all about sales hype gimmicks and RGB lighting that's todays strong selling points . quality support and service / reliability are in the back seat . all my computer gaming and building enthusiasm is pretty well gone . its nothing but a cheap gimmicked up money grab at best then add that malware service called win-10 on top if you want any full support of anything . I pretty much done for once this stuff I'm running now is done for .

all I can say is keep pounding the settings till you luck up - that's how it went with that gigabyte it took some doing but it got right and worked as it should of had from the get go .. even my buddy that helpe on that said it was stupid est thing he seen for getting the mic to work with the headphone [it was a logitec gaming headphone/mic ] like this asrock board with a real realtek audio and manager you plug it in get that pop up click on it and it fully works from then on , zip zap pow good to go nothing fancy to do

I was reading user reviews like from newegg and amazon and lots of complaints on slow , and the screen quality, touch pad, but not one thing about not being able to use the headphones/ mic or just a mic.?

maybe the amount of bad reviews could mean a lot of lemons ? maybe you got the unlucky one with a bad port or something ?

https://www.amazon.com/Gaming-i7-87...e=all_reviews&pageNumber=1#reviews-filter-bar

https://www.amazon.com/8th-Gen-i5-8...07BP9QG2J/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

maybe try that amazon Q&A thing and ask it about the headphone / mic maybe one of them users got the key to make it work and reply ?

Dean89

''Surly they wouldn’t go through all that advertisement etc of a new wave of gaming laptop “TUF” etc''

it works I feel for there sabertooth ''tuf'' [tuf luck for me ] all I seemed to of got was asus saberteeth sunk in to my billfold , like I said around here asus never again . even my buddy was a full blown asus fanboy and he went with another brands with his last build [first time ever for him ]

dude its all about sales hype gimmicks and RGB lighting that's todays strong selling points . quality support and service / reliability are in the back seat . all my computer gaming and building enthusiasm is pretty well gone . its nothing but a cheap gimmicked up money grab at best then add that malware service called win-10 on top if you want any full support of anything . I pretty much done for once this stuff I'm running now is done for .

all I can say is keep pounding the settings till you luck up - that's how it went with that gigabyte it took some doing but it got right and worked as it should of had from the get go .. even my buddy that helpe on that said it was stupid est thing he seen for getting the mic to work with the headphone [it was a logitec gaming headphone/mic ] like this asrock board with a real realtek audio and manager you plug it in get that pop up click on it and it fully works from then on , zip zap pow good to go nothing fancy to do

I was reading user reviews like from newegg and amazon and lots of complaints on slow , and the screen quality, touch pad, but not one thing about not being able to use the headphones/ mic or just a mic.?

maybe the amount of bad reviews could mean a lot of lemons ? maybe you got the unlucky one with a bad port or something ?

https://www.amazon.com/Gaming-i7-87...e=all_reviews&pageNumber=1#reviews-filter-bar

https://www.amazon.com/8th-Gen-i5-8...07BP9QG2J/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

maybe try that amazon Q&A thing and ask it about the headphone / mic maybe one of them users got the key to make it work and reply ?

Ah man, your making want to march this thing straight back to the shop for a refund -.- ffs all I want is my mic to f*^%#*g work lol....

lol... don't ever think I never get any of that stuff and never get pissed . I got a junk box full of tear stained hardware

heck if you can march back in to the store then bring your headphones and that hp and show them in person and let them make it [asus ] work as expected ....

Dean89

I might be wrong but I suspect that even though you have installed the drivers, Windows is still using it's own driver.

To fix this try the following (this is a mock up). You may need to restart your laptop after doing this.

View attachment 105749

So I’ve finally got in, booted up, tried this, AND ITS WORKING SPOT ON OMFG IM SO FUCKING HAPPY!!!!!!!!! I just want to say thank you so much guys for all the help and opinions and everything, thank you guys!!!! And thank you Candor!!!!!!!

lol... don't ever think I never get any of that stuff and never get pissed . I got a junk box full of tear stained hardware

heck if you can march back in to the store then bring your headphones and that hp and show them in person and let them make it [asus ] work as expected ....

It’s working!!!!!! I started with what Condor said, and it’s spot on!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.