• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

System Name LazyOldMan
Processor 9900KF
Motherboard Asrock z390 Taichi Ultimate
Cooling Corsair custom Watercooled
Memory 64 Gb
Video Card(s) RX 6800 XT
Storage Too much to mention in all 980 TB
Display(s) 2 x Dell 4K @ 60 hz
Case Crap case
Audio Device(s) Realtek + Bayer Dynamics 990 Pro headset
Power Supply 1300 watt
Mouse Corsair cord mouse
Keyboard Corsair red lighter cabled keyboard ages old ;)
Regarding the new interface i like the easy selecting choices.
I have reinstalled the driver with developers option for win 10 and its back alive.

My system also had the dark mode but i switched back to white and now am using the day and night time dimmer option, i set it to after the sun goes down it start to go to a much lower intensity.
But using you own time scheme is ofcourse possible or even make it permanent.

Last edited:
Why sound effects not work in Open Broadcaster Software? I use VLC Plugin.
Need special driver for this...
Alan Finotty - You can make driver for this? Please.
Thanks for hard work

happy2

I have a GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Elite motherboard, and the Realtek R2.82 (sorry if that's not 100% correct, I didn't doublecheck the name of driver) Software/Driver installation did NOT work for my card. I tried doing it legitimately by uninstalling all Realtek drivers from Device Manager and installing it clean.

I was wondering, can anybody help me get DTS working for my Z390 Elite? I have posted a picture of the driver that I have installed that comes from the GIGABYTE support page. It is called mb_driver_612_realtekdch_6.0.8854.1

I would love to hear my music or game with DTS. Sorry I am not as computer-savvy as most of you.

Attachments

• realtekhdaudio.jpg
    realtekhdaudio.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 333
I have a GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Elite motherboard, and the Realtek R2.82 (sorry if that's not 100% correct, I didn't doublecheck the name of driver) Software/Driver installation did NOT work for my card. I tried doing it legitimately by uninstalling all Realtek drivers from Device Manager and installing it clean.

I was wondering, can anybody help me get DTS working for my Z390 Elite? I have posted a picture of the driver that I have installed that comes from the GIGABYTE support page. It is called mb_driver_612_realtekdch_6.0.8854.1

I would love to hear my music or game with DTS. Sorry I am not as computer-savvy as most of you.

Use the tool ''Realtek Audio Device Tweak'' and set it up like on first page'' Spoiler: How to activate DTS''

it works great!

DTS1.PNG

happy2

Use the tool ''Realtek Audio Device Tweak'' and set it up like on first page'' Spoiler: How to activate DTS''

it works great!

I actually tried the step you told me to the key and now I am not getting any audio out of that device driver.

Is there a button or a command in "Realtek Audio Device Tweak" to set all settings back to default so I don't have to reinstall drivers all the time?

Also, after manually uninstalling my realtek drivers and your device tweak drivers, along with deleting the Realtek folder in my Program Files, by using a tool called UltraSearch, and then manually installing my GIGABYTE Realtek drivers (the 2-restart install process). I was able to restore my audio working 100% under "Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio).

realtek speakers working.jpg

Here's a picture of my current Realtek Audio Console available under Microsoft Store which I hope can be a replacement for my Realtek HD Audio Manager because my gigabyte mobo doesn't like the manager :)

realtek audio console.jpg

From here on I am scared of trying anything because I dont want to start over again, but if you clarify and help me I will be willing to move on especially because it might help someone else here with my mobo or my problem.

So I clicked the SPOILER under DTS Interactive on page one.

If I install the Modded/Tweaked drivers you made, plus ran the Custom Platform tweak, I can get DTS in the Audio Console?

I have another question, do I press Save with the bottom tab on "Customized" or "Dump File Simulation". Because last time I ran it as shown and I had broken my sound all-together.

Thanks very eager to hear a response.

-------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: AFTER Trying to patch DTS with Realtek Audio Device Tweak I was not able to get DTS with the Realtek Audio Console OR the Dolby ATMOS app.

dolbyatmos.jpg

Last edited:

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
NEW DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
UPDATED VERSION TO 6.0.8894.1
NEW IMPROVEMENTS

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!!

I actually tried the step you told me to the key and now I am not getting any audio out of that device driver.

Is there a button or a command in "Realtek Audio Device Tweak" to set all settings back to default so I don't have to reinstall drivers all the time?

Also, after manually uninstalling my realtek drivers and your device tweak drivers, along with deleting the Realtek folder in my Program Files, by using a tool called UltraSearch, and then manually installing my GIGABYTE Realtek drivers (the 2-restart install process). I was able to restore my audio working 100% under "Speakers (Realtek(R) Audio).

View attachment 144479

Here's a picture of my current Realtek Audio Console available under Microsoft Store which I hope can be a replacement for my Realtek HD Audio Manager because my gigabyte mobo doesn't like the manager :)

View attachment 144481

From here on I am scared of trying anything because I dont want to start over again, but if you clarify and help me I will be willing to move on especially because it might help someone else here with my mobo or my problem.

So I clicked the SPOILER under DTS Interactive on page one.

If I install the Modded/Tweaked drivers you made, plus ran the Custom Platform tweak, I can get DTS in the Audio Console?

I have another question, do I press Save with the bottom tab on "Customized" or "Dump File Simulation". Because last time I ran it as shown and I had broken my sound all-together.

Thanks very eager to hear a response.

-------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: AFTER Trying to patch DTS with Realtek Audio Device Tweak I was not able to get DTS with the Realtek Audio Console OR the Dolby ATMOS app.

View attachment 144486

There is something wrong, my S/PDIF called like this:
AAF SPDIF1.jpg

Y u usin different driver?
PLS uninstall ur old driver with DriverSweeper and than install Alans driver. After that use the tool to get DTS, reboot, done!

Netmeister

Man, I'm just about at my wits ends with all this. Really hoping someone has a suggestion as I've tried just about everything. All I want is to activate DDL on my new Asus Prime X570-P motherboard. I got the patch method to work with my old Gigabyte board, but no matter what I try I cannot get DDL to show up and I'm running on about 10 hours at this point I'd guess.

Tried these drivers multiple times, being sure to follow the removal and installation instructions to a tee. Also tried the older method of picking up R2.72 - R2.81 drivers and patching them with no luck. The latter method never actually installs the realtek audio manager either for some reason, where it used to with my old system.

Audio codec on this board is apparently S1200A (not sure if that's the same as ALC1200, which is apparently supported here) so maybe it doesn't work with that? Tried the test utility about 10 times and it never works. I DID manage to get DTS to show up with the utility, but when trying it in Witcher 3 the audio is pretty messed up and doesn't work properly from all channels.

Unless someone has any other suggestions I think I may just have to pick a sound card up, but I don't really want to just for DD over SDPIF if I can help it.

P.S. I'm not blaming the drivers at all here by the way. Just hoping for something that works with my system.

happy2

How do I get my sound drivers to say High Definition Audio Drivers instead of Realtek(R)? I have the option: Device Installation Settings and choose ‘No (your device might not work as expected)’

Can I just uninstall everything and then run in safe mode and use DDU and then install the driver pack in Safe Mode with no Networking? Will that bypass the Realtek driver swap?

AAF Optimus

Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
There is something wrong, my S/PDIF called like this:
View attachment 144491

Y u usin different driver?
PLS uninstall ur old driver with DriverSweeper and than install Alans driver. After that use the tool to get DTS, reboot, done!
This is normal! In the information file, I changed the names of some interfaces.

Netmeister

Hi Alan, just referencing my post above, do you know if your modded drivers should work with the S1200A audio codec? Thanks so much.

happy2

This worked PERFECTLY for me. Thank you so much. I didn't even know that I could get Atmos to work on my cheap Logitech's. I will be donating for you. Thanks.

NEW IMPROVEMENTS

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!!

Can't see Realtek Control panel and SB Connect says Your Audio Device cannot be detected. Win 7 and Realtek 1150

Attachments

• SB Connect.jpg
    SB Connect.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 294

AAF Optimus

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Hi Alan, just referencing my post above, do you know if your modded drivers should work with the S1200A audio codec? Thanks so much.
I believe so. There is compatibility with ALL Realtek audio chips.

NEW IMPROVEMENTS

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!!
Realtek control panel Not working Win 7 and SB Connect Device Not Detected

AAF Optimus

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK

misscarol

hey @Alan Finote, i just wanted to say thanks for this i found your great mod searching for another thing i'm glad that the google got confused lol, working great here for gaming, music and movie (basically everything) on w10 1909 using for days working perfectly without bugs. E o mais legal é que você é brasileiro as vezes esse país me surpreende kkkkkk eu nem sabia que eu ia conseguir instalar isso mas você fez um instalador tão organizado que qualquer um consegue utilizar independente do conhecimento em pc e olha que nem formatar pc eu sei. I might be considered leecher here so i apologize i just came here for your work tho lol i will keep following from your github page. (I dunno if i can post this here so apologize in advance)

today i installed the new one and my microfon is to quiet. i think the ampifilifer isnt working or something like that. is there a way to get ur driver 100% uninstalled? i think some setting will be saved by windows. everytime i use DDU and than DriverSweeper. i think this isnt enough:confused:

Netmeister

I believe so. There is compatibility with ALL Realtek audio chips.

Ok yesterday a previous version of your mod installed the HD audio manager and I could get DTS to show up (though it was only 2 channels in Witcher 3). Today with the latest version I don't get the audio manager and I can't get DDL or DTS to show using the device tweak utility.

Any ideas what the problem could be? I feel like I'm doing everything to uninstall previous versions (using IObit) and checking driver folders so it's a clean install. Any obvious things to check?

Hello to all.
Alan please make mod driver for Open Broadcaster Studio!
Thanks for you hard work!

AAF Optimus

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
UPDATED VERSION TO 6.0.8895.1

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!!

since the past 3 of ur drivers i got this error. after a restart all looks fine

Attachments

• oklm1.jpg
    oklm1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 367

AAF Optimus

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
since the past 3 of ur drivers i got this error. after a restart all looks fine
This problem is strange, but I will try to solve it.
In the next update, I will change the line of code for these installation arguments.