• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

1558262250572.png

Hello, by any chance i can get sonic studio to work ? just to route app's to whats app they will going to output sound, seems the control panel from windows its not working as intended

NEW DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
UPDATED VERSION TO 6.0.8911.1

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!!

I'm facing problems to install. It cant extract the KGA files... any help?
1584745921279.png
1584745921279.png

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF DCH Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
Verify that you have enabled the .NET Framework 3.5 and installed the Visual C ++ versions.
Yep, everything checked

I need help to install the modded drivers and softwares... nothing works, including the realtek base driver, that doenst even show at my device manager... i dont wanna format my pc :(

Verify that you have enabled the .NET Framework 3.5 and installed the Visual C ++ versions.
I need help to install the modded drivers and softwares... nothing works, including the realtek base driver, that doenst even show at my device manager... i dont wanna format my pc :(

PiHKAL

I get this error when trying to install the latest version:

You already have a copy of this product installed.
Removing the currently installed version is required to continue with this installation wizard.

To troubleshoot, I've uninstalled every possible thing related to sound in the windows add/remove programs area, restarted my computer a couple of times, and combed through the registry as much as my limited knowledge allows but haven't been able to figure out why I still can't install it. Does anyone know what the installer is looking at that triggers this error?

Attachments

• err.png
    err.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 188
  • Setup Log 2020-03-22 #007.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 242
OK now i am having all kinds of problems. Is there a way to install the drivers without all the Creative/Dolby/Nahamaic suites? I just want to output SPDIF from my Asus P9X79 mobo to a Sony receiver and 5.1 micro speaker system. When its all dialed in its easily the best sound I have had and now its ruined me in a way. I can't live with anything less than awesome. So I have been using a free open-sourced audio player called Dopamine but Windows 10 seems to have a hard time playing music well and I want to trim down any unnecessary or unused programs which pull system resources. There often system to be multiple redundant issues and I got critical errors until it all just stopped working. Since I am pretty low income I do the best I can with what I have. How can I install the most basic version please? I just want the DTS output and sound manager from Realtek.

My PC is pretty old by today's standards. It shipped with Realtek ALC892 8-channel HD Audio Codec. The receiver and speakers are all from same era and when it is all running right is amazing.

Last edited:
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
OK now i am having all kinds of problems. Is there a way to install the drivers without all the Creative/Dolby/Nahamaic suites? I just want to output SPDIF from my Asus P9X79 mobo to a Sony receiver and 5.1 micro speaker system. When its all dialed in its easily the best sound I have had and now its ruined me in a way. I can't live with anything less than awesome. So I have been using a free open-sourced audio player called Dopamine but Windows 10 seems to have a hard time playing music well and I want to trim down any unnecessary or unused programs which pull system resources. There often system to be multiple redundant issues and I got critical errors until it all just stopped working. Since I am pretty low income I do the best I can with what I have. How can I install the most basic version please? I just want the DTS output and sound manager from Realtek.
On the installer task page, uncheck ALL options and select only "Realtek APO with DDL / DTS".

On the installer task page, uncheck ALL options and select only "Realtek APO with DDL / DTS".
Thank you, not sure how I missed it. My Windows install is funky and I have old hardware. Gotta learn to be more careful installing.

***EDIT - I assumed my .NET framework was up to date but that last major W10 roll reset alot of what I had in place. I have had major problems with the sound driver not working or being run by multiple exclusive apps. Its all messed up but im off work and hiding from COVID19 so lets see if I can get this back on track. :)

***Double dip- my .NET isn't working right according to microsoft and I cn even get it run or install correctly. Maybe my hardware is too old? I want to get back to earlier version please.

###Triple Flip## Got .NET in line but HD Audio is freezing up and crashing. It works for a while then craps out. Super frustrating.

Last edited:
You know but refuse to reinstall windows. Not sure what you want people to do about the errors you're getting. This is now in the territory of fixing windows instead of a driver issue. You got time to do it right now but still wont???????

You do best to reinstall windows and install all the windows patches incl the net crap, then back up the image onto file to another hdd so that you dont need to keep reinstalling windows to fix stuff like this.

Or you can wait until you get called back into work 2 weeks later and still have to reinstall windows. Your call.

You know but refuse to reinstall windows. Not sure what you want people to do about the errors you're getting. This is now in the territory of fixing windows instead of a driver issue. You got time to do it right now but still wont???????

You do best to reinstall windows and install all the windows patches incl the net crap, then back up the image onto file to another hdd so that you dont need to keep reinstalling windows to fix stuff like this.

Or you can wait until you get called back into work 2 weeks later and still have to reinstall windows. Your call.
Well everything else is working fine. The Sound Manager just hangs. It keeps crashing.

Hello.
First of all, thanks a TON to Alan for this awesome driver packages! I am having good success with mine except for the Sound Blaster Connect 2. I cannot get it to work. I tried the other link posted here but still gives the Your Audio Device Cannot be detected error.
Before that I get a popup window with some error like "remote_eka_prague_loader.dll is either not designed to run on Windows ...."
Any other suggestions?

Last edited:
OK I am not sure what event may have preceded this. It could be a windows update or an ASUS firmware issue its impossible to say. I just want to get stable 5.1 DTS again! Once you go full high fidelity you cannot go back! Once of the things that has consistently been happening and will probably may require re-installing windows is the problem of which audio device is default and apps taking exclusive control. I like to play RPGs and listen to music. Most times I would have music sound output to my receiver and then output the game sound to my headset. Sometimes I use Discord or Google Voice to talk over the headset too. So there are several simultaneous devices and I am working about when boxes to check or uncheck in sound manager specific to using Alan's mod or managing default audio devices. Browsing vary posts this seems common to Asus but that is only mobo I ever seem to buy. The fact Asus doesn't have software support for this after two years is ridiculous. The p9X79x was the flagship at launch and came at the tail end of Windows 8. The sales pitch for the hardware itself boasted of its longevity so now the burden falls on the community and motivated people like Finote.

Windows keeps reinstalling or trying to use an old setup I had where I used the individual RCA component 5.1 output I had until I realized I could go to SPDIF. It was an improvement but eventually we got the new DTS and it was a HUGE improvement and the big blue light indicating DTS came on my Sony receiver. But I heard the new sound immediately. Just trying to get back there and stabilize all the varying demands for sound. I have time and will make another attempt but my last installations have all be faulty and I am not sure why but I should clean up the registry for old outdated stuff. I need some help cleaning this up but I am eager getting it working again. Anyone know how I can get the simple Realtek audo app to manage my sound, no frills or effects needed. Please? Thank you.

Good news! It's working again. Sounds freaking amazing, watching Picard. The difference is unbelievable. Thank you Alan, tried the rest. This is the best.

Last edited:
Alan,driver work win 7,any effects do not work,the question is why do we need it if it does not work and do not correct?all that you suggested does not work, maybe it does not work at all, then why are you wasting our time

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
NEW DRIVERS RELEASED IN GITHUB
VERSION 6.0.8911.1
BUGFIXES

ATTENTION: You will need to uninstall the currently installed version before continuing with this installation. A condition has been imposed for this due to problems reported by some users.

GO TO 1st PAGE
ENJOY!!!

For reference I have an Asus P9X79 LE that launched way back in January 2013. It uses the Realtek ALC892 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC which supports 192hz/24bit BD Lossless Sound. It also offers cool features jack detection and multiple streaming capacity from the front and back panels simultaneously. None of these features seemed to work at capacity until I found Alan's work here and it all started to come together. Realtek should be commended for making universal drivers. I have been buying Asus motherboards for as long as I can remember for the reliability of the hardware. The manual for this mobo indicates it was designed around Windows8.1 which is likely why it requires reinterpretation for Windows 10. None of this hassle would be worth if i didn't know how dramatic the difference in sound quality results when properly installed. I am using Optical S/PDIF Output to a Sony STR-DE545 receiver which launched in 2007 offering 24-bit multi-channel decoding, Digital Cinema Sound Processing and supports Dolby Pro Logic and 5.1 DTS. This is a small room setup using Sony SS-V230 5.1 MIcro Speakers. There is a special setting in the receiver for these and anyone willing to undertake it should read the manual for their receiver for best results. Worth mentioning because I am not a huge audiophile by any means. I bought this at garage sales because it was cheap and only discovered all of this after installing Alan's drivers. I had been listening to crappy sound on the same gear for a long time not knowing what I was missing. When the digital signal was being delivered it sounded so amazing I was converted to a zealot. A big blue light light popped on indicated digital signal on the receiver. Now I can't listen to anything less.

1) Disconnect from the internet. This is old practice that still helps. Then uninstall driver suite(s) or any software from control panel in Windows related to sound devices. When prompted to reboot immediately I closed prompt and then opened device manager. Right click on sound devices and uninstall all devices. When prompted to reboot after decline and close windows. Then i chose to use CCleaner's registry cleanup to remove old crap and ran the fast clean. Go to start menu and select settings>startup>recovery.>advanced startup and reboot. You will get a splash screen with options. F7 is rebooting without signed drivers but I opted to go old school and boot into Safe Mode for now. I tried so many different mods and stuff direct from RT without success. When I stopped trying to rush it I got better results.

2 ) Now in safe mode and offline I added another step. Windows kept reinstalling default drivers and enabling an older hardware installation. A few times I would even have sound but it kept falling back to generic or outdated component settings. So I went into Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del) selected services tab then click link at bottom or you can launch the app itself from cmd line. Then I right clicked on Windows Audio service to stop it and set it to manual. But it restart automatically after reboot. Then installed only only the Realtek APO with DDL / DTS and rebooted using the F7 option allowing unsigned drivers (not sure if necessary) then reboot

3) As soon as the driver package installed I checked to to see if the sound was working and whether a generic was installed first or in addition to the Realtek. Now it only showed the Realtek in the Sound Control Panel but it always installs it twice. I played a video and found the working device and renamed it. One of my issues is various programs trying to use other devices at same time. Not sure if the one not be used can be uninstalled so i left it. But the RealTek sound manager was not right. It looked like part of the old asus panel and at this point I almost bailed and gave up because I didnt see the familiar red icon for the RealTek HD Audio Manager. So I went back to the first post and ran the utility now installed on my desktop.

4) Carefully following each step to activate Dolby Digital Live I modified the values, hit save and rebooted with F7. I was tempted to all three at same time then reboot but that isn't what it says. Trying to rush this is may be why it didn't work last time. Then I did the same thing for DTS Interactive and rebooted checking the splash screen. It was right but I didn't have sound. Everything looked right in Panel too. So I followed the last step but it wasn't clear if anything would change as there was so box to uncheck. Followed steps and rebooted. Selected the renamed device and in settings and open the HDA manager to check and make sure the DTS output was selected for output and checked default device. Windows always tried to make the alternative device the default for communications. Not sure why and one reason I am tempted to uninstall but I am leaving alone "if cuz it aint broke dont fix it"

Now I finally have what works best for me. Plain Jane HD Audio manager with DTS and Dolby optional. I noticed the Dolby tab which is new and not selected by default. I chose to leave it alone for now. Really don't want to fuss anymore so I will be gaming and watching movies.

Thank you Alan and the many others who contribute to this kind of project. Electronics manufactures have no incentive to support perfectly functional hardware after a few years. All it does is mean less people who find it necessary to buy again so less revenue. Some companies like John Deer tractors will not even let owners repair their own gear much less the software but that is a much bigger problem. I just think anyone who chooses to use older tech and keep it out of a landfill or bought something new is entitled to keep it working as intended or better. I may be cheap or poor but during this time of shelter in place in California DIY is the way of the world for the foreseeable future. I am thankful to have what I do and it has been worth the time. The music and movie sound quality that I get once the digital signal is properly encoded is phenomenal but I am not expert at all. Still learning and interested in what can be done to improve the Windows10 experience. Peace.

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
rebooted using the F7 option allowing unsigned drivers (not sure if necessary) then reboot
Not really, because this driver package is digitally signed.

Jesstor

I'm likely an idiot who has missed something obvious, but every time I try to use your installer it never gets passed "Current Task: Stopping Windows Audio Service...". It hangs there forever. Any suggestions?