• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

What's with the continuous huge pictures of your desktop every page multiple times, H4cziLLa? It's incredibly distracting and hard to scroll through the pages where you just spammed like a psycho.
I added new screens with new enhancers. You re psycho idiot!

Calm down guys

H4cziLLa,

Could you do a tutorial with a little more detail and configure your setup? Thanks! I'm sure you can help everyone!

I use this "Dj Urko - realtek_hda_8090_Dolby_Harman_SRS_PCEE4viaSPDIF&HDMI" for Realtek and Spatial Sound Card + Virtual Cable.

I use this "Dj Urko - realtek_hda_8090_Dolby_Harman_SRS_PCEE4viaSPDIF&HDMI" for Realtek and Spatial Sound Card + Virtual Cable.
I cannot help You cause i didnt install this version.
I recomend You modded drivers of Alan Finotty with many enhancers:
-dolby digital plus
-dolby atmos gaming
-dts all version + dts ultrapc II
File to install name is realtek_driver_2019.exe
Here You have screens after install

And here is download link:

I'm going to do some tests. I won't get the same result as you because I don't have a Soundblaster usb card.

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
Sound blaster Cinema 6 is out, just don't know how to get the drivers to install it. https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/p/sound-blaster-cinema-6/9nqzmjxczkcv?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

the only computer that seems to officially support Sound Blaster Cinema 6 is this ONE GAMING NOTEBOOK K56-AR07 (CLEVO NH50AC) .
I don't see any driver downloads for this gaming laptop (maybe not until Win10 v2004/20H1 officially comes out in late spring 2020) so it looks like Sound Blaster Cinema 6 and Sound Blaster Command MB7 (7th gen X-FI MB) will be hardware dependent and will not work with the current Creative MBAPO integration files found in alanfox2000's APO driver packs.

gvkt

I just updated from an old version 6.0.8721.1 to the latest 6.0.8911.1. I only use it for the Dolby Digital Live 5.1 encoding and the old version worked well except for occasional blue screens. The speaker assignments for 5.1 were fine.

When I updated to 8911, the speaker assignments are screwed up. If I configure a client to output 5.1 (which worked fine with the older driver), the FR,FL,C,SW work fine but SR and SL sounds come through FR and FL and nothing in SR and SL. If I configure the client to output 7.1, the SR and SL in that output correctly go to SR and SL speakers. The RR and RL are dropped, as expected. Why is the channel to speaker assignment different in the latest driver while it worked fine in the older driver?

Is this a configuration issue somewhere or is there a bug in the driver?

PS: I also tried DTS in the old driver and it works. But in the new driver, only Dolby Digital LIve option is present. I used the tweaker as suggested to create a HD config file. The DTS option is now available but using the Realtek HD manager to set it to DTS results in a freeze of the manager. In the Sound devices section, I can neither assign DDL or DTS Connect, I get a message saying the device is not capable of it. if I remove the weaker generated file, the DDL 5.1 works but with those speaker assignments screwed up.

Last edited:
Hello to all!
You can make modded drivers for my soud card Asus Xonar DX?
Very thanks to all!
APO Drivers not work on that sound card!
No work for me....
Thanks

-dolby digital plus
-dolby atmos gaming

I install the 2019 and 2019_03 version but no side/rear speaker found on 3.5mm jack. Test speaker in 7.1 mode tie side/rear speaker to front speaker. side/rear remain silence. anyway to fix this?

gvkt

-dolby digital plus
-dolby atmos gaming

May I respectfully suggest you create a separate thread for your drivers because you are confusing people between your unsigned drivers and Alan's signed drivers which this thread was created for. That way you do not need to crosspost to every thread that has Realtek driver mods as you are currently doing.

Questions for both sets mixed in the same thread will be very confusing. Thanks.

lestempest

Hi guys, I have a problem after installing the latest modded driver, I cant open my "Realtek HD Audio Manager" from the control panel as well as RAVCpl64.exe from realtek directory and It has changed its name to "HD audio manager" in the control panel. Previously when installing the 6.0.8848.1 version even tho i cant open the one from the control panel, I can still access it from the Realtek directory under program files.

dexterTheGreat

after returning back to this driver, i have encountered a new problem. Dolby atmos and creative sound cannot recognize my audio device. I'm using hyper x cloud II.

Hello Alan and fellow audiophiles. I want to apologize for not coming back sooner and explaining my simple mistake which prevented me from installing the updates correctly. I had left selective startup mode on after I uninstalled drivers so nothing would load right. DURRR. As soon as I fixed that everything fell into place, the sound drivers are working perfectly. I am happy with the minimalist version of drivers and the RT HDA manager. I did notice there are some creative, dolby and nahamic files and possibly service running but everything is stable so I am not messing with anything! I did notice some changes to my audio device window, now there is a branding on the Enhancements tab for Andrea Electronics but no Realtek? Also, the default format is now set to DTS Interactive (5.1 surround) but some of the other options are no grayed out. In prior installs I could select Microsoft WMA Pro Audio as a format and also the 96/192hz sample rate. Not sure if I actually used it or need it. I am still trying to learn about what audio works best. But for now I just want stability so I am not messing with anything. The movie sound is phenomenal. Just wondering where I can learn more about codecs and sound optimization etc. Not bad for a 2013 motherboard that Asus doesn't support!

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
Cooling EK-FB ASUS C6H RGB Monoblock Nickel Acetal
Memory Crucial 4x8GB 16-16-16-35 @3000MHz
Video Card(s) 2x ASUS GTX Founder Edition 1080 8GB
Display(s) 3xASUS MG248 144Hz
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo White
Audio Device(s) Realtek onboard
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Asus ROG Gladius II Wireless+more
Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore Cherry MX-Brown+Numpad
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Hello Alan Finote,

Hope u're fine these time.

I love this great mod, but there are some issues in the ASIO device with Dolby Digital Live 5.1 somehow when i've for examle lisen to music in foobar2000 and then switch to a DAW sequencer, and have both on Asio Extra by Alan Finote the sample rate becomes strange and doing wierd sounds when trying to playing in DAW, it works better with if i don't use asio support or switch back from another default sample rate, but i guess that will work in the further updates i guess? My motherboard is Asus Crosshair IV Hero (Wi-Fi AC) and the Realtek codec is Realtek S1220 codec, using toslink S/PDIF to my Logitech Z-903. Otherwise it's works nice though.

Kind Regards
e33et

Last edited:
System Name CyberMania
Processor AMD RYZEN 7 5800X
Motherboard GB AORUS PRO AC B550
Cooling CM HYPER212 TURBO ARGB
Memory XPG D50 DDR4-3600 16X 2
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE AMD RX580
Storage XPG M.2 NVME SPECTRIX D40 512GB 2TB
Display(s) SAMSUNG 32" T55 Curved Monitor
Case CM ELITE 430
Audio Device(s) REALTEK HD
Power Supply CM WME GOLD 650WATT
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC 2021
can be installed... but no audio sound at all.... AAF HD AUDIO Modded is installed no crash.......
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_10438445
Realtek 887

Lefterisa3

Hi to all audio freaks!!
I just strated to mess with my pc ( because of covid19 lockdown..) and been 4 days messing with moded and patched drivers to enable 5.1 output..
Anyway this package is amazing. The last updated drivers provide Crystal clear sound very balanced ( pink noise tested with balanced mic) its by far the best all in one solution out there.
I am having major problem with SB connect.
I get the blue screen that device is not connected. Of course i read the whole thread and the only possible solution is the one on the first page suggesting a link but the link is broken. (Genkey.kga)
Please any thoughts on any possible solutions?
I tried several install and unistall options... Deleted all drivers.. disconnected from internet.. safe mode.. user rights.. nothing works.
Everything else works perfectly ( dolby atmos..dts.. dolby live..nahimic..)
Please any help would be much appreciated
Thanks and stay safe

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Hello Alan Finote,

Hope u're fine these time.

I love this great mod, but there are some issues in the ASIO device with Dolby Digital Live 5.1 somehow when i've for examle lisen to music in foobar2000 and then switch to a DAW sequencer, and have both on Asio Extra by Alan Finote the sample rate becomes strange and doing wierd sounds when trying to playing in DAW, it works better with if i don't use asio support or switch back from another default sample rate, but i guess that will work in the further updates i guess? My motherboard is Asus Crosshair IV Hero (Wi-Fi AC) and the Realtek codec is Realtek S1220 codec, using toslink S/PDIF to my Logitech Z-903. Otherwise it's works nice though.

Kind Regards
e33et
ASIO locks the device in exclusive mode for usage by a supported application. Raw pcm can be sent untouched in this mode. Also by skipping processing latency is very low.
DDL5.1 operates in a shared mode where any application audio is encoded by the system and sent as a single mix. Encoding causes latency.
These two systems are incompatible with each other.

gvkt

ASIO locks the device in exclusive mode for usage by a supported application. Raw pcm can be sent untouched in this mode. Also by skipping processing latency is very low.
DDL5.1 operates in a shared mode where any application audio is encoded by the system and sent as a single mix. Encoding causes latency.
These two systems are incompatible with each other.

This is not entirely accurate and the issue with the poster does not seem to have anything to do with this, as only the ASIO driver is being used between two different clients. Seems like a sample rate matching problem somewhere in the chain between the client and the codec through the ASIO driver. DD5.1 driver is not involved in that scenario.

A sound device in Windows (for example the optical port encoder) can operate with the DDL driver in exclusive mode or shared mode. This setting is in Control Panel->Sound->Manage audio devices-<device properties>->Advanced tab below where you select DDL. DDL itself does not care.

ASIO bypasses all of that and goes directly to the device and as such does not use the Windows sound engine. It has to implement mixing itself if it wants to support shared mode. Most ASIO drivers don’t and work in exclusive mode. In addition, it MAY handle any sampling rate mismatches between the client and the capability of the output device. Under normal and typical conditions, ASIO provides the sampling rates supported natively by the device (and other rates if it is able to resample). The client should send output in one of those acceptable sampling rates.

The poster’s issue may be with ASIO driver not reporting the correct sampling rates or doing a bad resampling process if it tries to do the resampling itself. If this issue cropped up after installing the latest drivers, then the driver may have a bug.

Dts Ultra working in windows 10 v1909 :))
xfi12.jpg

System Name CyberMania
Processor AMD RYZEN 7 5800X
Motherboard GB AORUS PRO AC B550
Cooling CM HYPER212 TURBO ARGB
Memory XPG D50 DDR4-3600 16X 2
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE AMD RX580
Storage XPG M.2 NVME SPECTRIX D40 512GB 2TB
Display(s) SAMSUNG 32" T55 Curved Monitor
Case CM ELITE 430
Audio Device(s) REALTEK HD
Power Supply CM WME GOLD 650WATT