• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek Modded Audio Driver for Windows 10/11 - Only for HDAUDIO

please add/expand dts studio sound for stereo mode to this package.that would be awesome............

Last edited:

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Obrigado/Thanks Alan.

Can you tell if with this new driver the front panel is detected as headphone or as speakers? As I mentioned above if it's like speakers I lose the feature of my motherboard which is the amplification for headphones.

I guess the answer is yes and no. The headphone amp is working, but it's listed as speakers for some reason...

1548427079797.png

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF DCH Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2

ft5555

not support for ALC269? installation not update to my ALC269.

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0269&SUBSYS_1BAB1509

ScrooW

@ScrooW Last version in this link
This problem has been resolved here.

Thanks for the attention Alan, I will test I had some problems too (older version) with the microphone, who is listening to me says that my voice seems robotic or sometimes tunes in anyway I will test this new versions and I come back here to give my feedback thanks again

-----

Edit:

Nothing done, install normal but the amplification and in this case the SB 720 did not work. :(

I am very frustrated because I see that everything is well done and that it would improve my immersion in what I like to do, play, music and watch movies.

Would you have any tips for me to try here?

--

Edit 2:

It seems that I "lost" the amplification with the installation of this version, I removed the remaining drivers and applications and nothing, I installed another driver and it also did not work. The amplification worked even in the realtek basic driver that windows installs automatically. What a mystery haha I've been trying for about an hour and a half and not being able to reverse the situation.

Last edited:

dpg

Try to consult the audio settings of your system, because your GUI may not support it.

If your MOD works properly, there is no need to upgrade.
Thanks for your creation.
Can you make a Realtek mod with Dts Audio + Dolby Atmos for Headphone .Movie,TV and gameing with EQ controlled from sound properties.

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
NEW REALTEK DRIVERS RELEASED
VERSION 6.0.1.8603 - HDA

@TheLostSwede @erpguy53 TRY THIS
Realtek Fixed Control Panel. Classic Panel instead of the Manufacturer panel.

The proof is this post of @Aleksandar012
- "I also now have Realtek Control Panel instead of Asus."

GOOD RESORT

thanks Alan. maybe update your modded driver version to either 6.0.1.8619 or 6.0.1.8622 as I'm using the un-modded 8619 version from ASRock.
also update the Creative DLL modules (mbapo232.dll and mbapo264.dll) in your modded driver to v1.2.65.18 as you can find these versions packaged in this 8328 driver cab file from Microsoft.

I think the ASUS based Realtek control panel uses a different exe file - in this case (RtkNGUI64.exe) instead of the classic one (RAVCpl64.exe)
Open Task Manager (taskmgr.exe), look on the Details tab and pay attention to what CPL file is loaded when Windows starts up (either RAVCpl64.exe or RtkNGUI64.exe)

also edit the HDX.inf file in your modded driver and add these new IDs:
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_1150
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0300
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0222
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0623
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0B00

Last edited:
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
NEW REALTEK DRIVERS RELEASED (VERSION: 6.0.1.8622)
LIST OF APOs:

• SOUND BLASTERX 720° (PLAY & RECORD)
  • REALTEK NATIVE EFFECTS (PLAY & RECORD)
  • SOUNZREALEXP / VOIZREALEXP (PLAY & RECORD)
  • SAMSUNG SOUNDALIVE 3D (PLAY ONLY IN ANALOG INTERFACE)
  • A-VOLUTE NAHIMIC 3 (PLAY & RECORD)
  • DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS (PLAY IN ANALOG & DIGITAL INTERFACE)
  • DOLBY PCEEv4 (ONLY IN DIGITAL INTERFACE)
  • REALTEK ASIO DRIVER INTEGRATED
IN THE DIGITAL INTERFACE, THE DOLBY DIGITAL ENCODER IS PRESENT, THROUGH THE DOLBY PCEE4, BUT NOT ALONE. THERE ARE ALSO THE NATIVE EFFECTS OF REALTEK, A-VOLUTE NAHIMIC 3, DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS, ETC.

ENABLED THE STAND FOR 24 BIT ON ALL RECORDING POINTS, INCLUDING MICROPHONE.

DRIVERPACK DIGITALLY SIGNED BY ME, TEST MODE IS UNNECESSARY.

LINK FOR DOWNLOAD

SOUNZREALEXP:
1.JPG

SOUNZREAL / VOIZREAL EXP CONFIG:
2.JPG

BLASTERX 720°:
3.JPG

NAHIMIC 3 (PLAY E REC):
nh3play.JPG

nh3mic.JPG

SPECIAL MIC EFFECTS:
4.JPG

SUPPORT FOR 24BIT IN MICROPHONE:
5.JPG

SAMSUNG SOUNDALIVE 3D:
6.JPG

VIA HD AUDIO EFFECTS FOR VIA DRIVERS:
7.JPG

VIA EQUALIZER (VIA EFFECTS):
8.JPG

VIA ROOM CORRECTION (VIA EFFECTS):
9.JPG

VIA ENVIRONMENT MODELING (VIA EFFECTS):
10.JPG

DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS (SYSTEM AUDIO CONFIG) (IN ANALOG INTERFACE):
11.JPG

DOLBY DIGITAL ENCODER ENABLED (WITH REALTEK EFFECTS AND ETC.):
12.JPG

DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS (SYSTEM AUDIO CONFIG) (IN DIGITAL INTERFACE):
13.JPG

DOLBY PCEE4 (ONLY IN DIGITAL INTERFACE):
14.JPG

REALTEK EFFECTS (IN DIGITAL INTERFACE):
15.JPG

DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS PROGRAM (WORKING IN ANALOG & DIGITAL AUDIO)
16.JPG

GOOD RESORT FOR ALL INTERESTED MEMBERS.

Attachments

• 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 1,169
Last edited:
Thanks Alan,
everything work.No problem with headphones and speakers.
Note to users
VIA HD audio enhancement are not equal to Realteks.
If you using surround system:
VIA Equalizer will be expanded to all speakers,not just front speakers like in Realtek equalizer.
VIA Speaker Fill will expand crystal clear stereo sound to all speakers without echoes and reverberations(just like Creative CMSS Stereo Surround)
VIA Bass Management have options to control frequency and bass boost.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 1,314
unfortunately, the Realtek control panel interface is HARDCODED, based on Realtek ALCxxx chipset and hardware ID number, TheLostSwede. you will always get an ASUS based Realtek control panel because you are using an ASUS motherboard and will never get the "classic" one like this.

and when I install ANY Realtek audio driver (modded or UNmodded) on a Gigabyte board (like the GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 board I have), I get THIS kind of Realtek control panel with a GIGABYTE logo on it. [hardware ID is "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_1458A182", audio chip is ALC892]

AND even my friend's ASUS M5A78L-M LE/USB3 board uses this kind of Realtek control panel (hardware ID on his ASUS board is "HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_10438576" - audio chip is ALC887)

View attachment 114784

To force classic Realtek GUI, download test unity. It will geranate a file call rtkhdaud.dat in C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder.

Image 1.png

@Alan Finote , can you tell us what checkbox I needed to tick on test utility driver policy tab to unlock thirty party APOs? Because your RTKHDAUD.dat is based on your PC Realtek audio chipsets driver policy, it may cause problems if someone use your RTKHDAUD.dat.

Last edited:
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
To force classic Realtek GUI, download test unity. It will geranate a file call rtkhdaud.dat in C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder.

View attachment 115832

@Alan Finote , can you tell us what checkbox I needed to tick on test utility driver policy tab to unlock thirty party APOs? Because your RTKHDAUD.dat is based on your PC Realtek audio chipsets driver policy, it may cause problems if someone use your RTKHDAUD.dat.
Well, before, it was yes, now it is not anymore, since, really, many users have had problems with older driver packages, but let's go to what matters:

First, to activate Samsung SoundAlive 3D: DrvCtrl16> SupportSA.

1.JPG

Enable SounzRealEXP and VoizRealEXP: DrvCtrl21> RtkSoundzReal, RtkVoizReal.

Activating this interface, which integrates everything into one: DrvCtrl21> RtkPresetUI.

2.JPG

3.JPG

Jack Settings (Connectors):
Disable Front Panel Detection: JackCfg> DisFPJD.

Display Dialog for Disabling Front Panel Detection: JackCfg> ShowDisableFPJD.

Force Deactivation of Front Panel Detection: DrvCtrl2> ForceDisableFrontPanelJD.

No audio on the internal speaker, when the rear panel has been set (connected) to the output device: JackCfg> FinRMute, FinRMuteSupport, RearInMuteInternal, RearInMuteInternalSupport.

Oh, I'm already forgetting: Enable 24bit support for record: DrvCtrl20> Vista24bitRecord; DrvCtrl44> Support24bitRecOnIntMic

And there's a lot more ..

Last edited:

Sveni-Go

I have a problem with the speaker setting. at 5.1 he shows the side speakers and from the back no sound comes.
I have ALC889

Attachments

• Before.png
    Before.png
    136.5 KB · Views: 856
  • After.png
    After.png
    160.3 KB · Views: 1,367

dpg

I have used your driver signed by you.
Functions perfectly. RealtekDriverSBCSADS1SZVZ.exe
Now I would request you to develop realtek with Dolby Atmos ,Dts headphone x v2,THX ETC ALL MOVIE SOUND FORMAt.For HTPC

Vyper99

i couldn't hold back much longer, i just made an account to say thank you Alan! it's so refreshing to hear some good quality sh!t from my on-board Soundcard! the original driver of my system was so annoying, every time i plug my headphones it would bring up 2 mods one hoarse your eardrums, and the other one wasn't better either so at the end thank you very much!
sorry for any grammar mistake guys, i cant speak English so well.. :toast:

DruiD

So does anyone else have successful simultaneous (separate audio outputs etc ) both REAR and FRONT jacks working with this driver?
@Alan Finote really appreciate the ongoing work - this is the best one yet, but I still cannot get front and rear working at the same time.

Questions below for Alan and wider community - lets all chip away at these items to help Alan and other modders.

Question #1
UNMODDED Asus\Realtek drivers - when you plug in the front audio (with the "separate jack \ independent" option turned on) you get ACTUAL separate tabs in the sound manager for the new front audio - and retain the rear audio - and can output different sounds\music to those separate sound outputs - eg background music via rear output - gaming via front head phone output etc.

With all these modded drivers, (btw - not just yours) the "Front" audio" - still takes over the rear audio - doesn't open a new tab - and disables the rear audio sound...irrespective if the option for independent jacks is enabled. Any ideas?

Question #2 - just like @Sveni-Go - my analog (3x 3.5mm) for 5.1 output - used to work as Front Left, Front Right, Centre, REAR Left, REAR right (for 5.1) - now the new drivers are making the 5.1 surround as Front Left, Front Right, Centre, SIDE Left, SIDE Right. 5.1 surround audio movies\games its still sending sound (in 5.1) out the REAR channels (vs side) - meaning I only effectively hear 3.1 (Front L, Front R, Centre & Sub) as the "rears" are disabled \ greyed out in the new Modded drivers.

Could the Sides and Rears (in 5.1) possibly be somehow switched incorrectly in the modded driver? Note:- in 4.1, 5.1, 7.1 etc configurations of my motherboard the "Rear" channels are always plugged in via the "rear black" connector. https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/MAXIMUS_VIII_HERO/E10343_MAXIMUS_VIII_HERO_UM_WEB.pdf - Page 2-16 for reference.
Note:- haven't tried dolby\digital out as I dont have a digital 5.1 or 7.1 speaker system (just 5.1 dolby Astro A50 headset).

To help - I decided to do a bunch of screenshots to illustrate my points #1 and #2 above. This meant uninstalling all the new modded stuff, doing a full cleanup, then reinstalling my older Asus drivers.

Point of Clarity for Screenshots
My "Speakers" "Headphones" and "Astro 5.1 optical" in the screenshots below - have all be RE-named like that within Windows Audio devices for my benefit. Typically it will probabily just say "front audio" instead of "front headphones": etc and "5.1 speakers" - probabily just say "speakers". - so bear in mind those names are due to my manual renaming - not a driver thing etc.

Point #1 - Separate audio playback devices for front\rear audio - how it looks in my Stock ASUS Drivers
This 1st screenshot.. showing default mode - no separate channels.. just showing my 5.1 analog speakers and optical Astro headphones intially.
- turning on the setting to separate playback 'streams' - looks like the same option available in the modded versions (except for the Asus branding)

Asus_Driver_Turning_on_separate_playback_etc.jpg

Then - you get the headphone "popup"
Front_HeadPhonePopup.JPG

Then this version of Asus Supreme\Realtek it performs an Ohm scan of your headphones , correctly picking my BeyerDynamic DT 770 PRO (80 Ohms) as 79 Ohm (margin of error).
- would love that in the modded versions - but assume its a add-on from Asus Supreme FX etc due to the high power separate Headphone AMP?
Front_HeadPhonePopup-79Ohm-DT770Pro-80ohm.JPG

Then - a SEPARATE front headphones icon is shown in sound manager as a NEW sound output option, separate to 5.1 speakers icon (which are still there)
- note it shows the analog front port 'green' active as well as the other 5.1 rear ports active
- note it also shows the Ohm and driving stage (I can drive up to 600Ohm headhones apparently, how 'well' is another story).
Front_HeadPhoneTab_shown_in_SoundManagerWithOhms.JPG

So thats all screenshoits for Point #1 - I cannot reproduce this process CORRECTLY in any modded drivers.
In MODDED Drivers - Once a front audio \ front headphones is plugged in
- the separate "Front headphones" or "Front audio' tab NEVER appears (in the modded realtek sound manager) - unlike Asus , Gigabyte drivers
- the ACTUAL "Speakers" rear output is disabled completely until you unplug the "Front audio\Front headphones"
- the existing "Speakers" tab (in the modded realtek sound manager) simply drive the front audio
- the existing "Speakers" tab (in the modded realtek sound manager) - does not get renamed or anything - stays as "5.1 Speakers" in my case
- the existing "Speakers" tab (in the modded realtek sound manager) - then controls the "front audio\front headphones" volume etc.

Point #2 -Analog 5.1 connected speakers REAR speakers Vs SIDE Speakers
- in all realtek based, asus gigabyte equipment I can get my hands on right now - all follow the "REAR" speaker format for what is the 5.1 surround 'back' speakers - not the "SIDE"
Speaker5.1_shown_Front_Centre_REAR-not-side.jpg

Last edited:

Xeonic

Thanks, everything works very well! With the exception of BLASTERX 720, can you help me?

Attachments

• 1549454392176.png
    1549454392176.png
    739.4 KB · Views: 682

DruiD

Thanks, everything works very well! With the exception of BLASTERX 720, can you help me?
@Xeonic - do you have my problem - front audio and rear audio not able to be seaprate channels?

With regards to YOUR problem - I only had that message when the realtek driver wasnt being installed properly OR i needed to reset my default audio source reboot, reset default and restart Sound Blaster 720 (but that only happened once and another reinstall time) - over the last 8-9 days I have installed 5-6 different driver packs, stock drivers, custom motherboard drivers - cleanup and fresh install between each - but not suprised I had a addon issue but only had that creative issue once\twice - clean reinstall fixed it.

vestelar

Hi @Alan Finote. First of all thank you very much for your work, your drivers works perfectly for me in the past. With this last driver, in my Digital Interface I don't have the "Dolby Home Theater v4" screen, instead of it I have a "Dolby Advanced Audio v2". Why is this happening and what are the diferencies? On the other hand, I don't have the "Dolby Digital" or "DTS" in the Realtek panel (I don't know if this is normal or not neither) Thank you!!

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Hi @Alan Finote. First of all thank you very much for your work, your drivers works perfectly for me in the past. With this last driver, in my Digital Interface I don't have the "Dolby Home Theater v4" screen, instead of it I have a "Dolby Advanced Audio v2". Why is this happening and what are the diferencies? On the other hand, I don't have the "Dolby Digital" or "DTS" in the Realtek panel (I don't know if this is normal or not neither) Thank you!!
Friend, to activate the Dolby Home Theater, go to the "Dolby Advanced Audio v2" page, click "Masters" and select all the options, including the last four, and that's it.

Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
I have doubts about this file.

View attachment 115866
This is because there is a command at startup of the installation wizard, which is used to install the certificate used to sign the drivers. It's a false positive. I can tell you this because I compiled this installer.