• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Realtek USB Audio - S/PDIF optical to 5.1 :(

I recently purchased Asus Maximus XIII Z590 motherboard
I'm trying to do 5.1 channel on the rear optical S/PDIF out port without any success
have been tried 3 to 4 different mods from different developers and still not works

Realtek USB Audio - ALC4082

the 5 channels are works but the it just converts the surround from 2CH to 5.1CH
DTS:X already been install but it do nothing for S/PDIF

Please help :(

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    744.5 KB · Views: 779
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 776
Your driver lacks DTS Interactive or Dolby Digital Live! It needs to be part of the OEM config, and more.

No its software in the driver you need added, I have the files and codes, but I don't have your device to trial-error with.

:(

No its software in the driver you need added, I have the files and codes, but I don't have your device to trial-error with.

:(
Now all the Z590 MBs has this codec
We really need a solution

at least any alternatives until the software been patched by someone

Did you follow the first guide link? It used to work, if not then try the one provided in the first link.

Did you follow the first guide link? It used to work, if not then try the one provided in the first link.
IDK maybe there is special wire for this, Im using regular S/PDIF digital "optical cable"

There's a note at the bottom about 6 channels, if you have done this, the guide mentions crashes with it.
Otherwise I have not used that setup in a long time, maybe its not as good now.

I'll save you the money and setup the above if you are ok with TeamViewer, you only need an encoder.

I use TV because I don't have to install it. :). Please message me directly, not here.

Z962LYB1UDG

I'm also very interested in any development for ALC4080 series of Realtek USB audio drivers (versions 6.3.9600.x). It looks like most of the higher-end Intel 500 series boards have the chip. I'd be willing to contribute some funds towards buying one if it would help.

I've found the new drivers (currently on Gigabyte 6.3.9600.2277) severely lacking compared to my budget 7-year old board that had an ALC892:

* The connector retasking function in the Realtek Audio Console app doesn't actually appear to allow any retasking to take place- I want to plug my headphones into the back of the PC on a retasked connector separate from Front Speaker Out, like I was able to do with my old board, but it won't let me set Headphones as anywhere other than the front panel.
* In Realtek Audio Console, I have no EQ controls appearing anywhere, not even on the digital output like appeared above in the screenshots of the ASUS .2276 driver.
* I was also hoping to use 5.1 audio out of the S/PDIF but it's locked to stereo. I understand the decoding licensing issue, but I would've thought it would just be able to pass through audio to a receiver that is capable of the appropriate decoding! Very disappointed that this doesn't work and I'm hoping some driver work can help unlock it.

I'm also very interested in any development for ALC4080 series of Realtek USB audio drivers (versions 6.3.9600.x). It looks like most of the higher-end Intel 500 series boards have the chip. I'd be willing to contribute some funds towards buying one if it would help.

I've found the new drivers (currently on Gigabyte 6.3.9600.2277) severely lacking compared to my budget 7-year old board that had an ALC892:

* The connector retasking function in the Realtek Audio Console app doesn't actually appear to allow any retasking to take place- I want to plug my headphones into the back of the PC on a retasked connector separate from Front Speaker Out, like I was able to do with my old board, but it won't let me set Headphones as anywhere other than the front panel.
* In Realtek Audio Console, I have no EQ controls appearing anywhere, not even on the digital output like appeared above in the screenshots of the ASUS .2276 driver.
* I was also hoping to use 5.1 audio out of the S/PDIF but it's locked to stereo. I understand the decoding licensing issue, but I would've thought it would just be able to pass through audio to a receiver that is capable of the appropriate decoding! Very disappointed that this doesn't work and I'm hoping some driver work can help unlock it.
Yeh exactly, the decoding also didn’t go very well, still gives you the original sound (stereo/3.1 to 5.1)
I gave up and now im ordering HDMI audio extractor and I will give you the results.

the another way is to buying sound card but I prefer the audio extractor due to easy install and no need for drivers or modded drivers to keep it functioning

That's annoying, yes we found out the guide is out of date, and its a lot of hassle with Windows, probably because its a newer build.

That's annoying, yes we found out the guide is out of date, and its a lot of hassle with Windows, probably because its a newer build.
Windows 10 1909 build 18363.1474
I didn’t update to any versions after this version
Because Im using cracked UWP that has been patched after this version

this version is about one and half years old now