• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Redragon K530 Draconic Keyboard

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Redragon enters our keyboard review database with the 60% form factor K530 Draconic. Available in black or white, there are also 16.8 M RGB colors to look at. This well-priced keyboard even offers excellent wired and wireless connectivity, swappable switches, and software remapping of keys!

Show full review

I own this keyboard, but do not use it because of the following negative aspects
1. The green charging indicator on the left side is always on and way too bright for the evening, it projects a green beam onto your table
2. The keycaps have a little plastic on the top side that you need to deburr, poor quality control or standards here
3. The profile of the keycaps is rather small and uncomfortable, if you have medium-big fingers it doesn't feel very ergonomic

I do not recommend anyone this keyboard, especially at this pricepoint, considering there are many better options (including PBT keycaps) in this segment. A tip from someone who owned many... Kemove Snow-/Shadowfox. The software is not very good, more of a "set and forget", but it is usable. Other than that, it surpasses the quality of the Redragon by miles. Superb PBT Keycaps, excellent build quality, no metal ping (rigid steel plate), quiet stabs and very smooth switches.

Last edited:
Processor faster than yours
Motherboard better than yours
Cooling cooler than yours
Memory smarter than yours
Video Card(s) better performance than yours
Storage stronger than yours
Display(s) bigger than yous
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) clearer than yours
Power Supply more powerful than yours
Mouse lighter than yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
Am I the only person who likes having arrow keys and the number pad on my keyboard?

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Ich habe die Tastatur, verwende sie aber nicht, da ich folgende Punkte als negativ empfinde:
1. Die grüne LED für den Indikator des Ladestands ist immer an, für Abend zu hell und sieht hässlich aus
2. Die Tastenkappen sind nicht sauber verarbeitet, es ist an jeder Taste ein unsauber abgeschnittener Überhang von Plastik
3. Das Profil der Tasten ist kleiner als normal, es fühlt sich sehr unangenehm an, darauf zu tippen

Ich empfehle niemanden diese Tastatur, es gibt weitaus besseres in dem Preisbereich. Inklusive PBT Keycaps.
English only dude.

Nah dude... I also need them to be present on my keyboard... it drives me nuts to not have my numpad... my boss sometimes needs a hand with his surface book and I hate the thing... it's useless... excel data input is so dang slow... I used some laptops that got around that by using Fn key to alter some letters kind of in a shape of a numpad but it was weird using them because letters normally are scattered while numbers on a numpad are alligned...

Processor 9600k
Motherboard MSI Z390I Gaming EDGE AC
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5
Memory 32GB of G.Skill Ripjaws V 3600MHz CL16
Video Card(s) MSI 3080 Ventus OC
Storage 2x Intel 660p 1TB
Display(s) Acer CG437KP
Case Streacom BC1 mini
Audio Device(s) Topping MX3
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse R.A.T. DWS
Keyboard HAVIT KB487L / AKKO 3098 / Logitech G19
VR HMD HTC Vive
Benchmark Scores What's a "benchmark"?
It's good to see a keyboard with both wired and wireless options, although I personally would prefer a dedicated USB receiver to Bluetooth. I also couldn't live without my numpad, but i recently found a keyboard which tickles both needs - 60%, narrow, AND has a numpad (Havit KB487L). If only it was backlit and had brown switches... oh well, the search for a replacement for my trusty G710+ continues.

It's good to see a keyboard with both wired and wireless options, although I personally would prefer a dedicated USB receiver to Bluetooth. I also couldn't live without my numpad, but i recently found a keyboard which tickles both needs - 60%, narrow, AND has a numpad (Havit KB487L). If only it was backlit and had brown switches... oh well, the search for a replacement for my trusty G710+ continues.

That Havit is a nice find, I might consider that. Was looking for more keyboards with the numpad on the left side.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
Capture.PNG

side connector reminds me of keychron k2

Am I the only person who likes having arrow keys and the number pad on my keyboard?
No, you’re not. 60% is gaining popularity and companies are responding accordingly. That’s all. It doesn’t mean full keyboards are the minority, nor does it mean they’re being phased out lol.

Processor Intel i7 10700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro AX
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHZ (2X16GB)
Video Card(s) Palit GTX1080ti Super JetStream 11GB
Storage Trandscend 370s 256GB / WD Caviar Black 2+1TB
Display(s) Acer XB270HU 144hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Eclipse P600S White
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZXR
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X 1000W 80 Plus Gold
Who's 60% keyboard marketed for really? Person with a really small desk?
When I asked a friend they said it's for gamers, but I could only see the lacking of Function keys and numpad could limit the control in many games.

Even if these keyboards are sold at incredibly cheap price (which they are not), they're still not worth it in my opinion. Having buttons that you rarely use is better than not having ones when you need them.

Oh, finally getting some redragon products in here. You guys need to review the K556. The weighted aluminum chassis is fantastic for us hard typers. Our development team uses that specific keyboard at work. Nothing but high praise from it. We bought them about 2 years ago. Our devs average 120 wpm at 10 hours a day 5 days a week. The key caps have all held the abuse so far. No wear from our units.

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Am I the only one who sees the review info of the Vishnu K596 instead of the review info of Draconic K530?
Nope. something went wrong in the database so I have fixed it now. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

qcslego

Nope. something went wrong in the database so I have fixed it now. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Thank you to repair the review. I was looking for reviews about the K530 and I was surprised that right on the web that I most browse about technology had it reviewed and I had not seen it.

Sorry for my english

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Thank you to repair the review. I was looking for reviews about the K530 and I was surprised that right on the web that I most browse about technology had it reviewed and I had not seen it.

Sorry for my english
Nothing to be sorry for, it just says you likely speak at least another language :)