1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Reference 5870 : which bios to use in the database

Discussion in 'AMD / ATI' started by enrell, Jun 4, 2011.

1. enrell New Member

Thanks Received:
    Hi folks

I have this problem of whenever i play Fable 3, i have this crash which caused by ATIKMDAG.sys.

After searching online, one of the solutions is to update the motherboard and gfx bios.

Upon checking the vga database, i saw that there are alot of bioses for my particular card.

Im not familiar with gpu bioses so my question is which bios can i used?

Click me bioses

Any help much appreciated

Thanks !!

2. TC-man

TC-man

Thanks Received:
    Hi,

Do you have more info (specs) about your PC setup (motherboard, power supply unit, memory etc. etc. - including the specific model)?

As for flashing the HD 5870, well, find out whether it's really the bios of the vga card causing the BSOD, most of the time the culprits are: weak/insufficient power supply unit, driver issues, defective memory, memory timings being too tight, insufficient cooling or overclocking the cpu, gpu and/or memory too far/much. Are you sure it's not game specific, or you are having BSOD with every game you are running with the HD5870? Find out the cause first before flashing the videocard and it will save you from a lot of trouble.

3. enrell New Member

Thanks Received:
    mmmm...it only happens when playing Fable 3...mmm