• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Reference 5870 : which bios to use in the database

enrell

Hi folks

I have this problem of whenever i play Fable 3, i have this crash which caused by ATIKMDAG.sys.

After searching online, one of the solutions is to update the motherboard and gfx bios.

Upon checking the vga database, i saw that there are alot of bioses for my particular card.

Im not familiar with gpu bioses so my question is which bios can i used?

Click me bioses

Any help much appreciated

Thanks !!

Processor Core i5 4690K @ 3.5 GHz \\ C2Q Q6600 @ 3.4 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 SLI \\ Asus P5K Deluxe
Cooling Thermaltake Water 3.0 Performer \\ Xigmatek Dark Knight
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x 4GB \\ Corsair XMS2 2x 2 GB
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE GTX 970 G1 Gaming v1.1 (Hynix) \\ Sapphire HD 6850
Storage Kingston SV200, 3 TB Seagate 7200.14 \\ 2x 320 GB WD Blue
Display(s) LG 24MP56HQ
Case Corsair Carbide 200R Windowed \\ CM 690
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 \\ Audigy 2 ZS
Power Supply Adata HM850 \\ Corsair HX520
Mouse Logitech G602, SteelSeries Sensei Raw Frostblue, Corsair M65
Keyboard Logitech Media Keyboard Elite
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 \\ Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Hi folks

I have this problem of whenever i play Fable 3, i have this crash which caused by ATIKMDAG.sys.

After searching online, one of the solutions is to update the motherboard and gfx bios.

Upon checking the vga database, i saw that there are alot of bioses for my particular card.

Im not familiar with gpu bioses so my question is which bios can i used?

Click me bioses

Any help much appreciated

Thanks !!

Hi,

Do you have more info (specs) about your PC setup (motherboard, power supply unit, memory etc. etc. - including the specific model)?

As for flashing the HD 5870, well, find out whether it's really the bios of the vga card causing the BSOD, most of the time the culprits are: weak/insufficient power supply unit, driver issues, defective memory, memory timings being too tight, insufficient cooling or overclocking the cpu, gpu and/or memory too far/much. Are you sure it's not game specific, or you are having BSOD with every game you are running with the HD5870? Find out the cause first before flashing the videocard and it will save you from a lot of trouble.